CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
U-Dub Gamecock
ReadR00ster
rosstheboss
Latti
Bobby Boucher
donbgamecock
ConwayGamecock
usc1
Regalcock
catdaddy66
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (2674)
BREAD (522)
Sindarius Thornwell (340)
Dress shirt help (335)
Starz Black Sails (274)
Best Child Acting Pe (236)
Grill 225 (Market Pa (168)
South Carolina @ Aub (110)
Well gameday just go (105)
Unsung Hero (84)
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #3
Kelcy and Vic questioned
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
Sindarius Thornwell Draft
Grill 225 (Market Pavilli
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
South Carolina @ Auburn S
Name a Gamecock
Does Brenton Williams hav
Josh Cunningham Power For

Old 12-14-2012, 08:20 PM   #21
talon
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2400
talon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPit
Default Re: Skip Holtz headed to Louisiana Tech

assistant in the nfl can't remember where
talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:57 PM   #22
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickerspl80 View Post
I must be missing something. He moved to a top 25 team from a non top 25 team. LaTech was pretty darn good this past year i think maybe the last two years. If he's got some kids coming back on that roster then I think he can make a statement to some of the other bigtime programs
Ellis Johnson nuff said.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:10 AM   #23
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 4259
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

I thought Skip would have done a better job at USF. Leavitte left after a number of years there, so you wonder if maybe there is something going on besides the coaching.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:49 AM   #24
talon
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2400
talon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPit

sometimes the players don't buy into what the coach is saying and stop trying
if they do your are dead as a coach
talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:51 AM   #25
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Some people believe he's taking a step back. I don't think so. Louisiana Tech is an up and coming program. Look what they did against aTm...damn near beat them. I think he'll do well there.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:35 PM   #26
zambam
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 24050000
zambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockInHell View Post
I thought Skip would have done a better job at USF. Leavitte left after a number of years there, so you wonder if maybe there is something going on besides the coaching.
Leavet(sp) was sent home for altercations with kids. Most people close to the program think it was blown out of proportion and were upset with his firing.
zambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:28 PM   #27
dreammachine
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
dreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot material

I don't know what happen to Skip Holtz at South Florida, but I do know that he is a very good football coach. A lot of the time it is the assistants that you have working under you that make you great or make you look very bad. A classic example of this is our own staff at Carolina. Until the HBC got a very good staff under him, he and we did not have a very good program.

I think Skip will do well at La Tech and hopefully he will continue to improve and get back at bigger name school in the future, but I do believe that will take him a while.
dreammachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:58 AM   #28
USCgamecocks
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1368
USCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPit

Skip was a terrible terrible coach at USF, he took a program that was at the top of the conference, ranked, and had recently hit as high as #2 in the polls and destroyed it in the matter of a few years. In the 9 years Leavitt had in FBS he had one losing season, Skip had 2 in 3 years. Even this year in the projections for the Big East they were supposed to be at the top of the league and they absolutely sucked. Look at the development of BJ Daniels... Skip is lucky to have any job as a HC at this point.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:32 AM   #29
Gamecock Rob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot material

Skip's problem is he has to have assistants who can coach on Saturdays, I have a friend who was a GA for him at ECU and said he was a great Sunday-Friday coach but if he didn't have great play callers at OC and DC he couldn't compensate.
Gamecock Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:03 PM   #30
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickerspl80 View Post
Yeah I just dont think he would be as noticable at USF with all the Florida school to compete with recruiting. In Louisiana he only has one school to compete with for in state recruits. Seems like a win to me especially as crappy as Sfla is
In state maybe but hell the ones that dont go to LSU will go out of state...Louisiana Tech will get the scraps

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:04 PM   #31
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
Some people believe he's taking a step back. I don't think so. Louisiana Tech is an up and coming program. Look what they did against aTm...damn near beat them. I think he'll do well there.
pretty sure it was a fluke season

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote