CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JulesWinnfield90
black_magic85
BlueHerons
rolinb1
trapper82
BiscoCocky
Chill98
Aggie96
Gamecocks1137
COCKYTALKIN
Spurrier: Davis May (3914)
TAMU Starting CB Out (2931)
Clemson RB Out for Y (1931)
Your SEC Standings P (1390)
Clowney possibly hur (1370)
an apology (1228)
Our players and the (966)
Clowney leaves pract (657)
This helmit is aweso (569)
Wow, listening to WC (471)
Devonte Holloman Retiring
texags
***2014 Carolina Panthers
Aggie looking forward to
Your SEC Standings Predic
2014-15 Premier League se
Spurrier: Davis May Not B
TAMU Starting CB Out For
New Sign at Williams Bric
Connor Shaw Browns

Old 12-15-2012, 10:46 PM   #21
Cockyhard
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his comb
Default Re: Will Latti travel with the team to the Bowl Game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockTail View Post
Pensacola to Tampa is about the same as Columbia to Tampa, about 500 miles.
Its 6 hours and change . (Speed Limit time). 7 hours and change from columbia... I lived in Pensecola for 4 years while in the military.... its not that bad...

Is football season here yet???
Cockyhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:49 PM   #22
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Marcus is outta here folks. i highly doubt we see him anytime soon. he did his 3 and has his mind on new goals. carolina fans worship him like nobody i have ever seen. thats so odd since he gave us only about 25 games.

shaw may finish here with 28 wins as a starter but he will be just a guy who mabagrd games and didnt screw up the machine.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:52 PM   #23
RY4N
\_(ツ)_/

Male

CockyCash: 500
RY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
Marcus is outta here folks. i highly doubt we see him anytime soon. he did his 3 and has his mind on new goals. carolina fans worship him like nobody i have ever seen. thats so odd since he gave us only about 25 games.
Some players are measured by more than just games played, my friend.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:52 PM   #24
Cockyhard
Blue Chip

Male

Cockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his comb

Quote:
A memorable 25 games

Old 12-15-2012, 11:08 PM   #25
Cockyhard
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:

shaw may finish here with 28 wins as a starter but he will be just a guy who mabagrd games and didnt screw up the machine.
How many did Cam Newton play in college...? D1 that is...

Old 12-15-2012, 11:15 PM   #26
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockyhard View Post
How many did Cam Newton play in college...? D1 that is...

When two of them are wins in the SECCG and the MNC game, the number of games becomes less important.

You factor in that Cam Newton's win percentage in college is higher than most QBs too.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:25 PM   #27
Cockyhard
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Year View Post
When two of them are wins in the SECCG and the MNC game, the number of games becomes less important.

You factor in that Cam Newton's win percentage in college is higher than most QBs too.
This is true my fellow gamecock... but Latti has done more in total for recruiting and his University than Cam did... Yes he won BIG at Auburn... but now they are a dumpster fire... I dont see Latti's departure having the same impact..(we should not have that kind of drop off).... but he was a stand up guy and a leader that many people in this state will look up to for many years to come...

Old 12-16-2012, 12:11 AM   #28
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

His agents are paying for his rehab in Florida. They also advance him money for extras, all to be repaid from his NFL contract. The cost to go to Tampa would be negligible, I would be shocked if he isn't at the game.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:37 AM   #29
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

Lattimore will be at the game, relax people. He wouldn't miss this game for the world.
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:32 AM   #30
Cockyhard
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondGamecock View Post
Lattimore will be at the game, relax people. He wouldn't miss this game for the world.
so in agreeance ....

Old 12-16-2012, 03:45 AM   #31
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiz Khalifa View Post
since he has an agent now, he would have to pay for the tix, trip, etc on his own dime.
....why? I would think the University would be allowed to pay for just about anybody they want to attend a game.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:01 AM   #32
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

If he has to pay on his own dime, I'm willing to bet my life savings that some player on the team will offer up a free friend/family ticket to him.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:22 AM   #33
GamecockNuke
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 400
GamecockNuke has feathers coming inGamecockNuke has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandstorm2001 View Post
....why? I would think the University would be allowed to pay for just about anybody they want to attend a game.
^this... he is no longer a student athlete and doesn't have to be eligible in the future. I would think they can take care of it.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:11 AM   #34
surfinchicken1974
deadhead w/ the bedhead

Male

surfinchicken1974 has feathers coming insurfinchicken1974 has feathers coming insurfinchicken1974 has feathers coming in

even though he is "declaring" for the draft isnt he STILL a memeber of the team...I mean LOTS of players are "declaring" but will still be playing in there bowl game. No play, No go??? who knows for sure....
Old 12-16-2012, 10:58 AM   #35
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfinchicken1974 View Post
even though he is "declaring" for the draft isnt he STILL a memeber of the team...I mean LOTS of players are "declaring" but will still be playing in there bowl game. No play, No go??? who knows for sure....
Latti has an agent he is ineligible, his amateur status ended the second he signed on the dotted line.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:33 AM   #36
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
If he has to pay on his own dime, I'm willing to bet my life savings that some player on the team will offer up a free friend/family ticket to him.
i dont think you are realizing the financial position latti is currently in. the last thing he needs is 100 dollars to get him into the game.

i would bet he gets an allowance per month from his agents that keeps plenty money for him to buy a ticket. and now that he isnt a team member he can be issued a university sideline pass. if i can get on the sideline of a carolina game i know marcus can.

sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:36 PM   #37
gocockswyn
Starter

Female

gocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudly

Hoping he gets to go.
gocockswyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:10 PM   #38
1982Gamecock
Recruit

Male

1982Gamecock is sharpening his claws1982Gamecock is sharpening his claws1982Gamecock is sharpening his claws1982Gamecock is sharpening his claws

I believe Marcus will be on the sideline pulling for his team. While he's technically no longer on the squad, he himself said he will forever be a Gamecock. Those are his friends battling against UM in a few weeks. He will be there as the leader he is I feel certain. If not, he's still there in spirit as he made such an impact on the team- his presence will be felt.
1982Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:38 PM   #39
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Quote:
i dont think you are realizing the financial position latti is currently in. the last thing he needs is 100 dollars to get him into the game.

i would bet he gets an allowance per month from his agents that keeps plenty money for him to buy a ticket. and now that he isnt a team member he can be issued a university sideline pass. if i can get on the sideline of a carolina game i know marcus can.

LOL yes I understand his situation. I was just responding to someone who said he would have to front his own way in now and making it seem like it would be difficult. Even if he couldn't afford it there are ways to get in free. Even I've been offered a free bowl ticket, so I'm sure he has.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:20 PM   #40
doccock
Super Doc

Male

doccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPit

nm