CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
The Yancey
IBleedGarnetandBlack
Spurticus
ReadR00ster
StormOfTalons
gamecock88
ZenUSC
cack
peterlemon
Nick Chubb (6385)
A&M on 3rd down (1639)
All of our defensive (1354)
Spurrier Presser (1292)
Uniform thread (1080)
Cack's Toast of the (1038)
louisville (1020)
Rankings (891)
Spurrier: Davis Will (812)
3-4 "D" Ke (601)
3-4 "D" Keep it
Spurrier: Davis Will Be A
Rankings
Jets Cut Tajh Boyd
Nick Chubb
2015 - Amonte Caban
Not a talent issue
Cack's Toast of the Game:
Uniform thread
Whiskey QB 2014

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 02:07 PM   #1441
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: Lawrence Austin Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
USC recruiter Lorenzo Ward scouted DBs Lawrence and Lance Austin of Barnsville, GA in their playoff game last Friday night. The brothers have offers from USC, South Alabama and Marshall at this point. "I feel like they are pretty serious," Lawrence said of the Gamecocks. Louisiana Tech was by the school last week and Michigan State also has been in. Clemson also is showing interest and recruiter Charlie Harbison has been in touch. The brothers attended the NC State at Clemson game. They also were at the Georgia at USC game. They do not have a favorite and want to attend the same school. USC is also looking at their teammate DB Quay Searcy.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...884/-1/psports

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 12-05-2012, 02:07 PM   #1442
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: Lance Austin Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
USC recruiter Lorenzo Ward scouted DBs Lawrence and Lance Austin of Barnsville, GA in their playoff game last Friday night. The brothers have offers from USC, South Alabama and Marshall at this point. "I feel like they are pretty serious," Lawrence said of the Gamecocks. Louisiana Tech was by the school last week and Michigan State also has been in. Clemson also is showing interest and recruiter Charlie Harbison has been in touch. The brothers attended the NC State at Clemson game. They also were at the Georgia at USC game. They do not have a favorite and want to attend the same school. USC is also looking at their teammate DB Quay Searcy.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...884/-1/psports

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 12-05-2012, 02:08 PM   #1443
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Taylor Hearn Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
Junior OL Taylor Hearn of Williston-Elko received visits last week from USC and Clemson. Dabo Swinney and Marion Hobby of Clemson and Everett Sands of USC stopped by the school to see Hearn. "I didn't get a chance to talk to Clemson's coaches for some reason but they did talk to my coach," said Hearn. "They're telling him they really like me and want me to come play there." He was able to speak with Sands however. "He told me they are recruiting me hard but, at the same time, they're taking is slow with me," he said. His offers are from Clemson and North Carolina. "I like Clemson," said Hearn. "I like the coaches and it's a family up there. I like the campus too." He voiced interest in USC as well. "I would like to get an offer from them," said Hearns. "It's close to home and I like the school. It's a nice campus and all." Hearn plans to take in several junior days but has not scheduled any as of yet. He does not have a favorite.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...890/-1/psports

Old 12-08-2012, 10:48 PM   #1444
Tide Warrior
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
Tide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his comb
Default Re: Marlon Humphrey Thread (2014 Prospect)

"Right now I have Alabama, South Carolina and Florida as my favorites," Humphrey said. "Those are my top three right now.

"I haven't been to Florida or South Carolina yet. My dad wants me to try to make my decision towards the start of next season. I don't think I will commit then. I'll just see how it goes. I want to commit at an All-American game. I don't think my parents are gong to go for that though
Old 12-08-2012, 11:07 PM   #1445
GTjacketcock
Hell of an Engineer

Male

GTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tide Warrior View Post
"Right now I have Alabama, South Carolina and Florida as my favorites," Humphrey said. "Those are my top three right now.

"I haven't been to Florida or South Carolina yet. My dad wants me to try to make my decision towards the start of next season. I don't think I will commit then. I'll just see how it goes. I want to commit at an All-American game. I don't think my parents are gong to go for that though
Do you think there is a legitimate chance of him leaving the state of Alabama?

My sign from Gameday at the Horseshoe
Old 12-08-2012, 11:17 PM   #1446
Tide Warrior
Blue Chip

Male

Tide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTjacketcock View Post
Do you think there is a legitimate chance of him leaving the state of Alabama?
Right now I would say it is UA but you never know. I get the feeling his parents want him at UA and want him to commit early or the latest before his HS senior year. He wants to enjoy the process and make his own decision. I do believe he will visit UF and USC and give them both a fair shot at getting him. I do not think on his part it will be just to take trips. Again I think he ends up at UA, but his brother did leave the state and play for Arkansas, so who knows.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:23 PM   #1447
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

Oh god! I want! Get his mom a house, a job and a car lol
Old 12-15-2012, 02:05 AM   #1448
Kazak
4-Star

Male

Kazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPit
Default Re: Jacob Park Thread (2014 Prospect)

Impressive offer list thus far. I hope he doesn't think we're treating him as a "plan B" in case Barker doesn't work out. Based on his numbers from this past season, he's improving by leaps and bounds. His senior year could be huge, and he could have some serious heat by then.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:01 PM   #1449
atlgamecockman
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 2000
atlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Blake Bone Thread (2014 Prospect)

He is listed as warm on us and clemmy on 247
Old 12-15-2012, 11:05 PM   #1450
atlgamecockman
Two Deep

Male

atlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talons

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8r4ww5Jzxk

heres the next alshon haha jk he is real good though.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:15 PM   #1451
atlgamecockman
Two Deep

Male

Default Re: Isaiah Ford Thread (2014 Prospect)

seems like a great prospect!
Old 12-15-2012, 11:31 PM   #1452
DTGCOCKS#32
Recruit

Male

DTGCOCKS#32 has hatched from the shell

i went to school with this kid. i was a senior his freshman year, and he was a stud then. exceptional athlete with an above average skill set to be a good big target. has a couple things to work on but overall is gonna be a monster target. as his friend im not really gonna say anything as far as where he is leaning to this point.
Old 12-16-2012, 12:22 AM   #1453
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTGCOCKS#32 View Post
i went to school with this kid. i was a senior his freshman year, and he was a stud then. exceptional athlete with an above average skill set to be a good big target. has a couple things to work on but overall is gonna be a monster target. as his friend im not really gonna say anything as far as where he is leaning to this point.
I am hearing Clemson.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:04 PM   #1454
Kazak
4-Star

Male

Kazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPit
Default Re: Drew Barker Thread (2014 Prospect)

Here are Barker's final junior season stats: 2,072 yards passing 1,455 yards rushing & 40 total TDs.

His current rankings: #5 overall QB with Scout; #3 Dual Threat QB with Rivals, #3 dual threat QB with 247.

He would, without a doubt, be the highest rated QB we've signed under Spurrier, if we land him. In fact, he would probably be the 2nd highest rated QB we've EVER signed (after Todd Ellis, who was supposedly the #1 QB recruit in the country in the pre-computer ranking/minimal scouting service days...his signing was a major coup back then).

From everything I can glean on-line, we're still in great shape with Barker. Obviously, the Ohio State shadow still looms, but Mangus is all over this kid, and Barker doesn't rank anyone ahead of us.

I'd love to see him in a Gamecock uniform. He has great size, terrific athleticism and toughness, and a sweet, natural throwing motion. In fact, "natural" is the word that keeps coming to mind when watching his videos...it all seems so easy for him...there is nothing at all mechanical about this kid.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:15 PM   #1455
Kazak
4-Star

Male

By the way, he did say at one point that he might commit somewhere as early as December or January...and definitely before the spring...so word might come very soon, unless he has changed his timetable.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:41 PM   #1456
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

Isn't Barker all Ohio State?
Old 12-16-2012, 08:05 PM   #1457
gotrice?
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 5600
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks321 View Post
Isn't Barker all Ohio State?
Depends if he has a commitable offer from them. I thought he didn't as of now.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:20 PM   #1458
GDub2001
Banned

Male

GDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPit
Default Re: Orlando "Zeus" Brown Thread (2014 Prospect)

Junior OL Orlando Brown Jr. of Marietta, GA Sunday revealed his top eight schools. In no order, Brown called USC, Alabama, Michigan, Oregon, Ohio State, Iowa, Florida and Georgia his current favorites. Brown is the son of former SC State and NFL offensive lineman Orlando Brown. He does not plan to make a decision until after his senior season.

http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...765/-1/PSPORTS
Old 12-16-2012, 10:21 PM   #1459
EveryThingGreen
#blahblahblah

Male

CockyCash: 200
EveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot material
Default 2014 - Kaylon "Poona" Ford

http://247sports.com/Player/Poona-Ford-27451

DT from Hilton Head

Has a USC offer and we are early leader

Highlights:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1531067/highlights/15269379
Old 12-16-2012, 10:36 PM   #1460
JDuro
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 608
JDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his comb
Default Re: Poona Ford Thread (2014 Prospect

First time I've seen "FAVORITE" straight out listed on 247.

Closed Thread