CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
RGHoskins
Gamecocks1137
El Cid Ranger
ReadR00ster
taylorssc
markymark550
Captain9Dragons
kingofnerf
GarnetSwarm1990
Fight, win, kick a-- (1163)
SC vs Auburn -- Play (935)
The Gator Bowl wants (906)
CFN prediction for a (885)
Why I'm hopeful abou (844)
USC will upset Aubur (748)
A simple defensive l (712)
What happened to thi (665)
Ranking Top HC jobs (481)
In-state QB talent (471)
Fight, win, kick a-- addi
USC Picked 12th By SEC Me
Cann tipping plays?
Holiday desserts
The Gator Bowl wants us!
Why is everyone anticipat
BA ranks recruiting class
A simple defensive line &
USC will upset Auburn; Wh
Thoughts on the basketbal

Old 12-16-2012, 03:15 PM   #1
eaddy1847
Gamecock Since 1976

Male

CockyCash: 800
eaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot material
Default Pathetic Sugar Bowl Tickets

Many of you will probably laugh at how much my Gamecock fandom is costing me, and I am laughing at myself to a bit (painfully) so I decided to post for laughs.

Early in the season I went ahead and bought Sugar Bowl tickets thinking there was a good chance we would be there. I am in the GC but didn't get tickets to the SECCG for example and so I thought I was being proactive. Figured I could sell them if we didn't make it.

So I forked out $135 per seat for lower Upper Deck Sugar Bowl seats. Then on BCS announcement night Florida and Louisville were determined to be in the game.

I put my tickets on eBay and right now even with all four combined selling at $260 I can't get any takers. So I am not even recouping 50% of what I paid for them.

I figured Florida fans are still not that hungry since they have some Natty Championships in the past ten years. Louisville fans must not travel at all. What a pathetic joke of a BCS bowl. And ironically it's not the worst one given the Orange Bowl with Northern Illinois.... I just think how much South Carolina would travel if we were in the Sugar, too bad we couldn't win one against LSU or UF.

So much for being easy to sell LOL!!!
Old 12-16-2012, 03:21 PM   #2
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.
Default Re: Pathetic Sugar Bowl Tickets

i applaud you for having faith and going ahead and buying them though.

Your a true Gamecock!

PS try stubhub if ebay doesnt work

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:29 PM   #3
scfanz
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
scfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot material

The Big East having an automatic bearh in the BCS is pathetic. Louisville should not be in the Sugar Bowl, It should be Florida and Oregon.
scfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:57 PM   #4
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by scfanz View Post
The Big East having an automatic bearh in the BCS is pathetic. Louisville should not be in the Sugar Bowl, It should be Florida and Oregon.
If the Big East didn't have a bid the game would have UF-Oklahoma.

Or if UL just finished above NIU it would have been that

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:17 PM   #5
wthforever
Recruit

Male

wthforever is learning to peck

Could be worse, bet there's some Clemsux fans that bought Orange Bowl tickets thinking the Tigers would be there. Wonder what those are worth????
wthforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:44 PM   #6
eaddy1847
Gamecock Since 1976

Male

eaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. View Post
i applaud you for having faith and going ahead and buying them though.

Your a true Gamecock!

PS try stubhub if ebay doesnt work

Thanks for the well wishes. If I can't get $200 for them I am going to donate them to charity. At least some less fortunate kids can get to see the game.... I am leaning more toward doing that the closer we get to Christmas. Plus you get a tax write-off.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:44 PM   #7
Cockyhard
Blue Chip

Male

Cockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his comb

The charity thing sounds good... but I feel your pain on the high hopes... Maybe they will let you roll them for next year.... lol

Is football season here yet???
Cockyhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:49 PM   #8
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 436
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockyhard View Post
The charity thing sounds good... but I feel your pain on the high hopes... Maybe they will let you roll them for next year.... lol
Next year we'll be playing for the BCS National Title.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:59 AM   #9
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Should be us if not for the UF meltdown or playing Notre Dame.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:00 AM   #10
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
Old 12-17-2012, 09:24 AM   #11
HUGEGARNETCOCK
4EVER CROWING!

Male

CockyCash: 490
HUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
I think you are spot on! This is my way to early prediction!
Old 12-17-2012, 12:29 PM   #12
BuCockyfan
Two Deep

Male

BuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his comb

We should go ahead and buy tickets to the National Championship for next year right now!!
BuCockyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:08 PM   #13
wahoocock
Walk On

Male

wahoocock has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaddy1847 View Post
Thanks for the well wishes. If I can't get $200 for them I am going to donate them to charity. At least some less fortunate kids can get to see the game.... I am leaning more toward doing that the closer we get to Christmas. Plus you get a tax write-off.
I'd say charity is your best option. Plus, haven't you bought sugar bowl tickets in the past and made a profit on the tickets?

You just got Swearinger'd
wahoocock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:15 PM   #14
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Many of you will probably laugh at how much my Gamecock fandom is costing me, and I am laughing at myself to a bit (painfully) so I decided to post for laughs.

Early in the season I went ahead and bought Sugar Bowl tickets thinking there was a good chance we would be there. I am in the GC but didn't get tickets to the SECCG for example and so I thought I was being proactive. Figured I could sell them if we didn't make it.

So I forked out $135 per seat for lower Upper Deck Sugar Bowl seats. Then on BCS announcement night Florida and Louisville were determined to be in the game.

I put my tickets on eBay and right now even with all four combined selling at $260 I can't get any takers. So I am not even recouping 50% of what I paid for them.

I figured Florida fans are still not that hungry since they have some Natty Championships in the past ten years. Louisville fans must not travel at all. What a pathetic joke of a BCS bowl. And ironically it's not the worst one given the Orange Bowl with Northern Illinois.... I just think how much South Carolina would travel if we were in the Sugar, too bad we couldn't win one against LSU or UF.

Frame them, then sell them in a few years as the worst Sugar Bowl never attended. It would be a great item at parties.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:17 PM   #15
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

You would think L'ville fans would be eating them up.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:52 PM   #16
rioninusc
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

Quote:

If only you had a little more faith and went for the Nat Title tickets you would of been making hand over fist on the ND vs BAMA game.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:50 AM   #17
eaddy1847
Gamecock Since 1976

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioninusc View Post
If only you had a little more faith and went for the Nat Title tickets you would of been making hand over fist on the ND vs BAMA game.

LOL just saw this. I would buy Natty Champ tickets every opportunity I could if available! Problem is (at least to my knowledge) they are not. All the tickets are already spoken for via school allotments and corporate sponsorships. I don't think they ever go on sale to the public, I could be wrong but I haven't seen it.

Like WahooCock (my brother) said, I have been buying Sugar Bowl tickets for years now and most years sell them for a profit (minus the Hawaii years and so forth). Always have high hopes the Cocks are finally there.

But this year stings and stings badly!! Not sure I will have the same "faith" next year. I love the Cocks but swallowing $400 or so is difficult, especially at the holidays! Less presents for my brother.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:54 AM   #18
eaddy1847
Gamecock Since 1976

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuCockyfan View Post
We should go ahead and buy tickets to the National Championship for next year right now!!

Now that I think about it there are sites where you can buy the "rights" to buy Natty Champ tickets at face value. i.e. go ahead and pay $50 a seat now for the right to buy Natty Champ tickets should South Carolina make it. You pay premium for teams more likely to be there like an Oregon or something. Youn still have to buy the ticket at face value should your team make it there.

But I have never tried this. Good thing to as I would just be out a lot of money.