CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
ReadR00ster
Master Bedroom
RGHoskins
taylorssc
El Cid Ranger
doubledribble
kingofnerf
ccured
markymark550
Fight, win, kick a-- (1324)
The Gator Bowl wants (962)
Why I'm hopeful abou (941)
CFN prediction for a (917)
USC will upset Aubur (786)
A simple defensive l (766)
What happened to thi (696)
In-state QB talent (552)
This is War (399)
SEC Debate: Best can (340)
Why I'm hopeful about Aub
USC Picked 12th By SEC Me
Texas athletic director:
Fight, win, kick a-- addi
Why I think we beat Aubur
In-state QB talent
A simple defensive line &
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Thoughts on the basketbal
Cann tipping plays?

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 02:58 PM   #121
bonespur
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
bonespur is learning to peckbonespur is learning to peck
Default Re: Pharoh Cooper Thread (2013 Commitment)

Pharoah Cooper=Syvelle Newton
Old 12-16-2012, 03:33 PM   #122
lchite4
4-Star

Male

lchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talons

Think he gets a bump in ratings after his showing?
Old 12-16-2012, 03:36 PM   #123
scfanz
Game MVP

Male

scfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot material

Congratulations on a great Shrine Bowl performance. Gamecock nation can't wait to see you in Williams-Brice.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:13 PM   #124
Kazak
4-Star

Male

Kazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Said it a long time ago, favorite player in this class.
You called it, Cover Two. That's why you're the top recruiting guru on this site. Kudos.

I'd never watched Cooper on video, and I had no idea he was this special. I try not to be a slave to star-ratings, but I was lulled into complacency in this case. I'm always happy to land a 3-star "athlete," because of potential and versatility, but I honestly hadn't paid this kid much attention. Shame on me. The Shrine Bowl performance is ample evidence that Cooper has been waaaaay underrated.

He should make a big impact as a freshman, particularly if he does play DB for us. (Starter right out of the gate perhaps?)
Old 12-17-2012, 06:55 PM   #125
Take-a-Knee
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10000
Take-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot material

IRON MAN ?
Old 12-17-2012, 07:20 PM   #126
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazak View Post

He should make big impact as a freshman, particularly if he does play DB for us. (Starter right out of the gate perhaps?)
Nope, very rare a player, especially defense, starts as a true freshman for us.. There should be zero need for him to start (or we may be in trouble, means attrition or injury)
Old 12-17-2012, 07:36 PM   #127
CockyATO
Flipping Recruits

Male

CockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talons

Was there video of him in the shrine bowl? Did I miss that?

Another N00k production
Old 12-17-2012, 07:38 PM   #128
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyATO View Post
Was there video of him in the shrine bowl? Did I miss that?
The entire game is on ESPN3. Cooper is #22 for the NC squad.

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/...ize/condensed/
Old 12-18-2012, 12:56 PM   #129
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Coopers stats are really good, especially with the Shrine Bowl thrown in against some of the best talent in both states.

http://www.maxpreps.com/athletes/__q...roh-cooper.htm

Almost 3000 passing, 26TDs, almost 1300 rushing with 20 TD's, 7 turnovers total, 18 Tackles, 3 forced turnovers, and 2 State Championships. During the Shrine Bowl, there were a lot of 4 Star guys out there, and it was obvious to anyone watching that the best skill player out there was Cooper. If there are any players who deserve more credit than their rankings, it's this guy.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
Old 12-18-2012, 01:08 PM   #130
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

I love the kids that show out in the shrine bowl practices and/or game. Seems like they almost always are legit.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:44 PM   #131
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

He kind of reminds me of Chris Culliver out of high school.
Just a pure athlete...but I also think Pharoh is better on offense than Culliver.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Old 12-18-2012, 04:10 PM   #132
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
He kind of reminds me of Chris Culliver out of high school.
Just a pure athlete...but I also think Pharoh is better on offense than Culliver.
I agree: I don't think Culliver was really utilized that much on the offensive side of the ball in HS. I could be wrong about that, but I seem to remember that he was initially a highly rated DB, then during the all-star part of his senior year he played in one or two All-Star games and they put him at WR to try it out, and he blew up with some big offensive numbers and scores. And that was mostly the entirety of his HS experience playing offense, but all of a sudden he became a highly rated WR and wanted to play offense for whichever college program was recruiting him. Just from those All-Star games...

Cooper has proven himself in a huge way in high school on the offensive side of the ball, and has put up monster offensive stats all season long....
Old 12-30-2012, 01:30 PM   #133
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Cooper was all but untouchable with the ball in his hands. Whether he got the ball on a handoff, as a wildcat quarterback or a receiver, he was a threat to take it to the house. He had a 45-yard touchdown run in the game. The South Carolina commit made would-be tacklers look silly in open space.
Quote:
We knew about Cooper's speed and playmaking abilities before Shrine Bowl practices started, but his ability to make defenders miss in space and make catches downfield were much better than anticipated. His athleticism and versatility were a shocker.
Link: http://southcarolina.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1450216

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 12-30-2012, 04:27 PM   #134
cockybusiness2
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 461300
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material

Cannot wait to see this kid in the Garnet and Black
Old 12-30-2012, 07:47 PM   #135
duff18
Blue Chip

Male

duff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post

I think this underscores the strengths of our coaching staff's recruiting. They identified this kid early and saw the skill set that now seems "shocking." Well not to our coaches.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:39 PM   #136
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by duff18 View Post
I think this underscores the strengths of our coaching staff's recruiting. They identified this kid early and saw the skill set that now seems "shocking." Well not to our coaches.

THat's a great point, Duff. I remember SOS when at UF taking shots at UGA saying that they always get the higher ranked classes and he always got the wins. I took it as a round about way for him to smack UGA and pat himself on the back for his recruiting.

For good reason....
Old 12-30-2012, 08:49 PM   #137
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by duff18 View Post
Upvoted you for this.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:41 AM   #138
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

look forward to maybe seeing him return some punts or kicks
Old 01-06-2013, 01:46 PM   #139
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
USC commitment DB Pharoh Cooper of Havelock, NC played free safety in the Offense-Defense Game in Houston Monday. “I made about 4-5 tackles and had a big hit in the middle,” he said. Cooper said he also returned a punt, which he lost on a fumble. Cooper was outstanding the Shrine Bowl and was North Carolina’s Offensive MVP. He has been committed to USC May but North Carolina continues to work him and will meet with him Friday at his school. “They are trying to get me to flip,” Cooper said. “I’m just taking it in. I’m solid to the Gamecocks.” Cooper said the only official visit he plans to make is to USC January 19th. Steve Spurrier has been to his school but has not made his in home visit. He hears regularly from USC recruiter Brad Lawing. The Gamecocks have Cooper in line for a job in the secondary, but he’s also eying the return game. “If Ace (Sanders) leaves, I will have a quick shot in the punt return game,” Cooper said.
Link: http://sportstalkgolive.com/index.ph...ct-in-florida/

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 01-06-2013, 01:57 PM   #140
gocockswyn
Starter

Female

gocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudly

Hope he gets the red carpet treatment. Sounds like a great football player.
Closed Thread