CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
bcolinc
ConwayGamecock
Seladen
usc1
PageUSC
Latti
thumpin big
JerseyBird
Cockypantherfan
kabercr2
**USC vs. Clemson GA (1471)
looks like we have 2 (1420)
Beat Miami (597)
Decommitment from Te (498)
Garcia and Clemsux T (438)
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBA (430)
Frank Martin's Game (412)
Duck Bowl Depth Char (375)
Cleveland Browns Hea (200)
Need a dog kennel (152)
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
looks like we have 2 OL r
So, why is next year goin
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBALL PL
Cleveland Browns Headshot
Beat Miami
NY Giants Joe Morrison tr
Tanner McEvoy to start fo
How Long Will The Rebuild
2015 - Mark Fields

Old 12-16-2012, 05:27 PM   #21
USCSavant
SnappinNeck&CashinChecks

Male

CockyCash: 200
USCSavant has earned his spursUSCSavant has earned his spursUSCSavant has earned his spursUSCSavant has earned his spursUSCSavant has earned his spursUSCSavant has earned his spursUSCSavant has earned his spurs
Default Re: Shon Carson

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyInGA View Post
Shon Carson & Damiere Byrd are two of the fastest athletes in the country, running around 4.25 40's.

We all know English is the fastest guy on the baseball team, but there's no way he's THAT fast...
I dont believe Shon Carson has ever come close to a 4.25 40. Fastest I ever saw his time at was a 6.38 60 yard. Englishs fastest time was a 6.37 60 yard if I am not mistaken, both at Perfect Game showcases. The time I saw them run aganst each other was the Pro Day in 2011. English ran a 4.49 40 and a 6.38 60. Carson ran a 4.6 40 and a 6.82 60. These times were documented on the site for Diamond Prospects and by area scouts. Byrd is a good bit faster than Tanner but not Shon. I saw it for my own eyes and saw the stop watches. Anyone who was there will tell you the same thing. I dont care what anyone believes, I saw it for myself.
USCSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:35 PM   #22
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyInGA View Post
Shon Carson & Damiere Byrd are two of the fastest athletes in the country, running around 4.25 40's.

We all know English is the fastest guy on the baseball team, but there's no way he's THAT fast...
WTF Shons fastest time in high school was 4.45 in the 40?
Old 12-16-2012, 05:35 PM   #23
USCSavant
SnappinNeck&CashinChecks

Male

USCSavant has earned his spursUSCSavant has earned his spursUSCSavant has earned his spursUSCSavant has earned his spursUSCSavant has earned his spursUSCSavant has earned his spursUSCSavant has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by walk.daddy View Post
Not calling you a liar but this keeps coming up and I just don't believe it. I'm not saying that English can't be as fast as Shon but there's no way he's that much faster than Shon.
Then you are calling me a liar. I can promise you that English beat Carson in that 60 yard dash by 3-4 steps. The scouts wanted to see English against Carson so they raced at the end, right before fielding and BP. This wasnt a theoretical, "I think English would win a race.". They actually lined up against each other and Tanner beat him.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:45 PM   #24
walk.daddy
sings for money

Male

CockyCash: 533
walk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot material

Call it what you will, I just don't see it. Maybe I'm biased because I know the guy but Shon and his cousin Sheldon Robinson are the 2 fastest guys I ever saw personally in HS and it would just be a shock to me to see someone beat him by 5+ yards in a 40.
walk.daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:58 PM   #25
USCSavant
SnappinNeck&CashinChecks

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by walk.daddy View Post
Call it what you will, I just don't see it. Maybe I'm biased because I know the guy but Shon and his cousin Sheldon Robinson are the 2 fastest guys I ever saw personally in HS and it would just be a shock to me to see someone beat him by 5+ yards in a 40.
He beat him by 5 yards in the 60, not 40. Tanner was only a step ahead of Carson in the 40. Could have been bad start by Carson, could have been an injury, etc. They only ran once so it could have been a number of things that caused Carson to lose. Only thing I know for certain, was Tanner beat him and it wasnt close when they crossed the line. People dont realize how fast Tanner is because he has to round bases. In long, straight runs which dont happen much in baseball, he is the fastest person I have ever seen in person. He was actually disappointed with his 6.37 60 in that national showcase. There were reports of him running an electrical timed 6.2 60 right before he left to go to florida.

Last edited by USCSavant; 12-16-2012 at 06:01 PM. Reason: It was the World showcase English went to, not National
Old 12-16-2012, 06:09 PM   #26
walk.daddy
sings for money

Male

CockyCash: 533
walk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCSavant View Post
He beat him by 5 yards in the 60, not 40. Tanner was only a step ahead of Carson in the 40. Could have been bad start by Carson, could have been an injury, etc. They only ran once so it could have been a number of things that caused Carson to lose. Only thing I know for certain, was Tanner beat him and it wasnt close when they crossed the line. People dont realize how fast Tanner is because he has to round bases. In long, straight runs which dont happen much in baseball, he is the fastest person I have ever seen in person. He was actually disappointed with his 6.37 60 in that national showcase. There were reports of him running an electrical timed 6.2 60 right before he left to go to florida.
Well the guy is a burner no doubt, It's just hard for me to fathom someone being that fast lol. I'd love to see them race in person.
walk.daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:16 PM   #27
jtown86
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
jtown86 has hatched from the shell

with out a doubt i am glad we just have the speed on our team. Really doesnt matter to me who is the fastest. I just want to see Shon get out there and torch those wolverines. As long as the lin can block for him and he gets to the second level, sit back and watch a show be put on for ya.
jtown86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:49 PM   #28
jtown86
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
jtown86 has hatched from the shell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5jy5IkNqPc

If this aint fast idk. kid got weels
jtown86 is offline   Reply With Quote