CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecockgal
StormOfTalons
Master Bedroom
sanford
Acockolypse Now
Rooster'srule
El Cid Ranger
b381l
cocksmith1or11
rdwylie
Backup QB competitio (2549)
2014 Preseason USA T (1253)
Ranking the SEC Fema (760)
Anyone heard anythin (649)
Future Non-Conferenc (616)
Spurrier on the cove (400)
What Would You Do? (382)
Ranking the SEC scho (287)
Ranking the SEC Fema (222)
Tupelo Honey Cafe (212)
2014 Signee - Joe Blue
Backup QB competition
2015 - Albert Huggins
Anyone heard anything abo
Dustin Johnson taking a l
2015 - Brandon Sandifer
Cheap jersey and very nic
Musburger/Palmer to comme
Elcid99
Shaq R.

Old 12-16-2012, 06:35 PM   #21
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material
Default Re: Michigan starting CB J.T. Floyd, two others suspended for Outback Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by talon View Post
Some of it is grades come in substandard.
Some guys lose their focus after the season and do something stupid.
I'm sure some guys get tested at the end of the season and come up positive.
there are probably some guys who get in trouble before the end but they wait to punish them
A lot of times it's grades. The semester ends between the end of the season and the beginning of bowls. Their grades come in and if they failed some classes or their GPA isn't high enough they can't play. Or if they missed too many classes.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:27 PM   #22
bravecock524
Nesemiea

Male

CockyCash: 40960
bravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPit
Default Re: Michigan starting CB J.T. Floyd, two others suspended for Outback Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet girl View Post
I watched Floyd during high school. I was really wanting him at Carolina. I will miss seeing him.
I went to school with him, probably didn't go to class, he would hardly ever come to class and when he did it was like 10 minutes before it was over.
bravecock524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:06 PM   #23
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 925
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
have you already forgotten uconn?
Nope nore have I forgotten Iowa, or Mizzou.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:26 PM   #24
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

I think we will be focused for this game.

1) Michigan is the all-time winningest program in college football;
2) Spurrier has never played Michigan;
3) This is the rubber game as we are 1-1 versus Michigan in our history.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:45 PM   #25
eklypised
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1467
eklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPit

Their punter won the Big Ten punter of the year award...so thats a big lose for their special teams...
eklypised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:26 PM   #26
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Either way.

It seems that the team adopts Spurrier's attitude towards the game. In the Papa John's bowl it was evident that Spurrier would rather have been hitting the links. Hell, in our last Outback he didn't seem too into the game.

When we have something to play for, however, he's been masterful at preparing a good gameplan and getting the team ready. Hopefully the achievement of back to back 11 win seasons will be enough motivation for him.

Funny you say that because I noticed that as well. SOS is a great coach which baffled me because of his seemingly lax attitude doesn't translate to a great coach. Whether a coach thinks their team has something to play for or not, he/she should get their team ready & focused and the coach should be that way as well.
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:54 PM   #27
ZenUSC
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
ZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPit

We need to try and get to the 2nd string punter
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:25 PM   #28
Singaporecock
Redneck Abroad

Male

CockyCash: 1000500
Singaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Singaporecock

2nd string punter against Ace Sanders.....big advantage us!!!@!!!
Old 12-17-2012, 12:12 AM   #29
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 200
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
have you already forgotten uconn?
yes I have thank you! and please don't remind me!
Old 12-17-2012, 01:16 AM   #30
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 117561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material

Whatever make the job easier.

I don't need to see Michigan's best, I just want the W and a trophy in the case.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:05 AM   #31
2four2Gamecock
Stop slow blinking at me

Male

CockyCash: 7700
2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly

Big losses on D for them.
2four2Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:42 AM   #32
gobluejeff86
Walk On

Male

gobluejeff86 is making other chickens nervousgobluejeff86 is making other chickens nervousgobluejeff86 is making other chickens nervousgobluejeff86 is making other chickens nervousgobluejeff86 is making other chickens nervousgobluejeff86 is making other chickens nervousgobluejeff86 is making other chickens nervous

This only adds to what I see as our biggest problem, lack of depth. Hagerup will hurt the most, but losing Floyd is significant. He's by no means a shut down corner, but he's way better than anyone who will replace him.

To reply to a couple comments in this thread-I don't think we'll win, but obviously am hopeful we will. I can see a scenario where it happens (SC disinterested, several turnovers, etc.) but don't think it's likely. Either way, it's the last game for both our teams for 8 months-so I'll watch every minute no matter what.
gobluejeff86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:55 AM   #33
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

I wonder if there is any film on the backup punter. I know the ST coach likes to look at that and measure how quickly he gets the ball out. If it is z slow process, maybe we will get a chance to block one! Either way, the Gamecocks are going to bring pressure on a punt or two to see if the new MI punter panics.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:58 AM   #34
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Team leadership is much stronger than in the past, I really think the guys want to win this game.... I do not expect a half-assed effort from these guys(Like Iowa or U-Conn)
Old 12-17-2012, 12:21 PM   #35
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
Team leadership is much stronger than in the past, I really think the guys want to win this game.... I do not expect a half-assed effort from these guys(Like Iowa or U-Conn)
MEL noted earlier about how the team responds to the attitude of the HBC in our bowl games. This is true, but I believe that the team plays more so to its QB's attitude. Both of the bowl disasters were of a certain QB and how they ended were a reflection of his lax preparedness. Our current #1 & 2 are the opposite so I feel we will see the proper attitude reflected team wide. Go Cocks!!
Old 12-17-2012, 01:05 PM   #36
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Means our guys should def. perform, not take this game lightly, and dominate.
No excuse if they come out and lay an egg in this game.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:54 PM   #37
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
Means our guys should def. perform, not take this game lightly, and dominate.
No excuse if they come out and lay an egg in this game.
eeeeek I hate whenever that is said.
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:23 PM   #38
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Floyd issued an apology to Michigan fans

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/coll...n-cb-j-t-floyd
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:15 PM   #39
DrCorona
Walk On

Male

DrCorona has earned his spursDrCorona has earned his spursDrCorona has earned his spursDrCorona has earned his spursDrCorona has earned his spursDrCorona has earned his spursDrCorona has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobluejeff86 View Post
This only adds to what I see as our biggest problem, lack of depth. Hagerup will hurt the most, but losing Floyd is significant. He's by no means a shut down corner, but he's way better than anyone who will replace him.

To reply to a couple comments in this thread-I don't think we'll win, but obviously am hopeful we will. I can see a scenario where it happens (SC disinterested, several turnovers, etc.) but don't think it's likely. Either way, it's the last game for both our teams for 8 months-so I'll watch every minute no matter what.
Disagree on the level of importance of missing players. Floyd is the bigger loss. We're ultra thin at CB. Agree Floyd was our best DB & his replacement has limited experience plus this kills nickel package depth.
Hagerup, while great numbers CAN BE replaced by Sophmore Matt Wile who's punted previously with solid results (41 yds per punt) & already does the pooch punting. The other guy lost is a special teams standout which could cause us problems with Sanders out there looking to bust one. What sucks is 2 of them are Seniors. So much for Senior leadership.
DrCorona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:18 PM   #40
DrCorona
Walk On

Male

DrCorona has earned his spursDrCorona has earned his spursDrCorona has earned his spursDrCorona has earned his spursDrCorona has earned his spursDrCorona has earned his spursDrCorona has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
Floyd issued an apology to Michigan fans

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/coll...n-cb-j-t-floyd
Kudo's for manning up......
DrCorona is offline   Reply With Quote