CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > High School Sports

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
U-Dub Gamecock
taylorssc
Outland
B-G
gadeneer1986
Latt7more
b381l
HeadCockFan
Grit_And_Steel
Lorenzo Nunez (1122)
Rest of the season p (1068)
Incoming Class (1051)
Why is everyone anti (941)
Just thought of some (771)
Let us clarify some (740)
Bruce Ellington's Fi (739)
Tennessee kickoff an (727)
Is Clowney back toni (586)
Miss St. defense (562)
Why is everyone anticipat
Williams and Mitch
Holiday desserts
Roll call for Auburn
Garber vs Klinsmann round
Miss St. defense
Thoughts on the basketbal
How do you want Auburn to
Just thought of something
Peyton Manning breaks Bre

Old 12-15-2012, 10:38 PM   #1
FeartheSpur
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 717
FeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPit
Default Bobby Bentley

Havent seen anything posted but he turned down a job at Auburn today
FeartheSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:43 PM   #2
Sec509
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Sec509 has hatched from the shell
Default Re: Bobby Bentley

Is he the coach at byrns that did a stint here in SC at PC or Newberry?
Sec509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:47 PM   #3
ElectricCock
Fear The Thumb, Clemson

Male

CockyCash: 200516
ElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec509 View Post
Is he the coach at byrns that did a stint here in SC at PC or Newberry?
Yea, he coached at PC for 2 or 3 seasons

http://www2.wspa.com/sports/2012/dec...es-ar-5176089/
Old 12-16-2012, 10:18 AM   #4
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

He's supposedly friends with the Auburn HC. Surprised he turned it down but I guess he feels more secure at the HS HC position.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:46 AM   #5
jfbreb94
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 615
jfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPit

Thought the jury was still out.
jfbreb94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:15 AM   #6
FeartheSpur
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 717
FeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPit

He posted on his twitter he wasn't leaving I think his son will be a senior next year
FeartheSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:52 PM   #7
Cocky2001
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 320
Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material

District 5 (Byrnes) in Spartanburg County created a position for him when he failed at PC and shells out right around $100k each year to keep him there. Nothing close to what he would make at Aubie, but this money is guaranteed each year and he gets to make whichever son/step-son is of age the starting QB. I think he still has two or three more kids coming through that program so he probably won't be leaving anytime soon.

Give him credit though, he did make them what they are today. A little trivia for you...Marcus' last year there, they lost the state championship b/c Bentley didn't run Marcus as much in the championship game favoring letting another one of his steps to go for some passing record...Chase Dodd I think...they didn't break the record and they didn't win. An Adam Humphries (#19 @ clemson) led Dorman team beat them. I know Humphries had one int in that game, I am thinking that he had more.
to come true." Bodhi.
Cocky2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:48 PM   #8
Barry_gamecock
Average a post a day

Male

CockyCash: 327
Barry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot material

I think Charon Peake was more of the star of that team. They had good defense.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:55 PM   #9
jfbreb94
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 615
jfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPit

D5. Home sweet home
jfbreb94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:26 PM   #10
Cockyhard
Blue Chip

Male

Cockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his comb

oh man ... i thought for sure he would take that job...

Is football season here yet???
Cockyhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:46 PM   #11
Cocky2001
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 320
Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry_gamecock View Post
I think Charon Peake was more of the star of that team. They had good defense.
He was on it. I think he had a banged up ankle that day. The Humphries kid stood out more to me watching it. I believe that he had two interceptions...maybe three...but, he had the one at the end that sealed the deal that day.
to come true." Bodhi.
Cocky2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:02 PM   #12
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Why leave?
He is at what amounts to a college already.
Byrnes recruits players, so they get some of the best talent and Bently has a cushy, secure job.
Why go to Auburn?
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:03 PM   #13
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky2001 View Post
District 5 (Byrnes) in Spartanburg County created a position for him when he failed at PC and shells out right around $100k each year to keep him there. Nothing close to what he would make at Aubie, but this money is guaranteed each year and he gets to make whichever son/step-son is of age the starting QB. I think he still has two or three more kids coming through that program so he probably won't be leaving anytime soon.

Give him credit though, he did make them what they are today. A little trivia for you...Marcus' last year there, they lost the state championship b/c Bentley didn't run Marcus as much in the championship game favoring letting another one of his steps to go for some passing record...Chase Dodd I think...they didn't break the record and they didn't win. An Adam Humphries (#19 @ clemson) led Dorman team beat them. I know Humphries had one int in that game, I am thinking that he had more.
Our own Nick Jones had a muffed punt when we were winning. Yes they let Dodd show off his skills instead of giving it to Marcus who dominated Dorman. We never should have lost that game and never should have lost to the Florida team. Should have finished USA Today #1 that year. Both losses were bad coaching decisions.