CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Old 12-17-2012, 12:23 AM   #21
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 5655802
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material
Default Re: Any news on our Clemson friends in the draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
I can't remember where our Heisman Trophy (taters have never even had a player nominated in the top 5) winner was drafted.
Try 1st by the Saints! And Big George DID lead the LEAGUE in rushing his Rookie year!

Quote:
In his first season, Rogers led the league in rushing with 1,647 yards, which set a high for rookies at that time. He was selected as the NFL Rookie of the Year for 1981 and earned a trip to the Pro Bowl.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:20 AM   #22
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 127561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material

I can see Tajh staying. "Nuke" needs to cash out while he can.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:25 AM   #23
Built Ford Tough
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Built Ford Tough has hatched from the shell

Quote:
So acc player of the year is a 6th round pick?
The Big XII POY and the Heisman #2 probably won't get drafted.
Built Ford Tough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:33 AM   #24
garnet&black1998rn
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 1300
garnet&black1998rn has developed his gaff and talonsgarnet&black1998rn has developed his gaff and talonsgarnet&black1998rn has developed his gaff and talonsgarnet&black1998rn has developed his gaff and talonsgarnet&black1998rn has developed his gaff and talonsgarnet&black1998rn has developed his gaff and talonsgarnet&black1998rn has developed his gaff and talonsgarnet&black1998rn has developed his gaff and talonsgarnet&black1998rn has developed his gaff and talonsgarnet&black1998rn has developed his gaff and talonsgarnet&black1998rn has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Built Ford Tough View Post
Really? Maybe it has something to do with having to be out of HS 3 years before eligible . Don't believe the SEC Heisman winner for 2012 qualifies as a draft prospect .. Kinda like Spammy .....only different. LOL
Old 12-17-2012, 02:10 AM   #25
GarnetBlack&Blue
Burp Guns and Trust Funds

Male

CockyCash: 110000
GarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet&black1998rn View Post
Really? Maybe it has something to do with having to be out of HS 3 years before eligible . Don't believe the SEC Heisman winner for 2012 qualifies as a draft prospect .. Kinda like Spammy .....only different. LOL
huh? he's talking about Klein
Old 12-17-2012, 08:58 AM   #26
cocknblue
Looking for Lee Ho Fook's

Male

CockyCash: 600
cocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCtiger91 View Post
Nuk will probably leave. It'd be in Tajh best interests to come back for his senior year.
If you are projected 3rd round or better, you should go. I would say that for anyone.

ďOf course, itís a bit of a jump, isnít it? I mean, erÖ chartered accountancy to lion taming in one go. You donít think it might be better if you worked your way towards lion taming, say via banking or insurance?"
cocknblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:18 AM   #27
HUGEGARNETCOCK
4EVER CROWING!

Male

CockyCash: 700
HUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudly

Quote:
What's the highest a tater has ever been drafted. I know Sterling was drafted in the top 5, and I can't remember where our Heisman Trophy (taters have never even had a player nominated in the top 5) winner was drafted. I think they have had a couple of DL go fairly high in the first round.
Nominated top 5? CJ spiller was invited to New York as a finalist wasn't he? jw
Old 12-17-2012, 10:38 AM   #28
Built Ford Tough
Banned

Male

Built Ford Tough has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUGEGARNETCOCK View Post
Gaines Adams at 4th overall
Built Ford Tough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:03 AM   #29
1982Gamecock
Recruit

Male

1982Gamecock is sharpening his claws1982Gamecock is sharpening his claws1982Gamecock is sharpening his claws1982Gamecock is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
So acc player of the year is a 6th round pick?
Exactly! LOL... thought the same thing!
1982Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:57 AM   #30
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
What's the highest a tater has ever been drafted. I know Sterling was drafted in the top 5, and I can't remember where our Heisman Trophy (taters have never even had a player nominated in the top 5) winner was drafted. I think they have had a couple of DL go fairly high in the first round.
Geroge was drafted 1st.
Sterling 7th.

I believe the highest they ever had was Gaines Adams at 4

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:00 PM   #31
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUGEGARNETCOCK View Post
Na finished 6th, didn't go to NY.

And ford tough Klein finished 3rd.
Jason White went undrafted as well, not very uncommon today.

#LukeForMod

Old 12-17-2012, 12:48 PM   #32
ElectricCock
Fear The Thumb, Clemson

Male

CockyCash: 200516
ElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
George Rogers was the #1 overall draft pick.
Sterling Sharpe,Troy Williamson, and Stephon Gilmore were all #7 overall.
Dunta Robinson was #10 overall.

We've had several Top 20 picks that will take too long to type.

Also, for the question above, Clowney finished #6 in the Heisman voting, as a defensive player and as a sophomore

C.J. Spiller finished #6 in the Heisman as a senior.

4 in a row
fear the thumb

Last edited by ElectricCock; 12-17-2012 at 12:58 PM.
ElectricCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:12 PM   #33
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000692
Kickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot material

Quote:
You're seriously saying that collin Klein wont get drafted?
Old 12-17-2012, 04:14 PM   #34
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000692
Kickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricCock View Post
George Rogers was the #1 overall draft pick.
Sterling Sharpe,Troy Williamson, and Stephon Gilmore were all #7 overall.
Dunta Robinson was #10 overall.

We've had several Top 20 picks that will take too long to type.

Also, for the question above, Clowney finished #6 in the Heisman voting, as a defensive player and as a sophomore

C.J. Spiller finished #6 in the Heisman as a senior.

4 in a row
fear the thumb
I think Gilmore was 10 or 11 overall
Old 12-17-2012, 04:34 PM   #35
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material

Nuk looks plenty ready. He should go just to avoid injuries. He should go high enough to get good money.
Tajh should stay, but saying that, he already tore one knee. Another knee might eliminate him from the pros. He was afraid to run much before this season. Knee fear is difficult to shake.
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:41 PM   #36
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material

Quote:
Gaines Adams at 4th overall
Gaines died way too young. That was a shocking turn of events and very, very sad. I think he played for Steve Tannyhill.
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:52 PM   #37
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickerspl80 View Post
It's a possibility.

Scouts are projecting him as a WR at the next level.

#LukeForMod

Old 12-17-2012, 09:21 PM   #38
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickerspl80 View Post

The scout's compare his throwing motion to Tebow's.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:31 PM   #39
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 0
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet girl View Post
Gaines died way too young. That was a shocking turn of events and very, very sad. I think he played for Steve Tannyhill.

All true. He did play for Tanneyhill.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote