CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
USCBASEBALL1
JaxcockFL
Lalli25
rabid cock
CockyGuy
SanAntonioCock
JM1984
lilhornet
Flameout12
SwampFox
2014 Junkanoo Jam ** (1704)
Chattanooga upends N (984)
NEW Pics from South (672)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (377)
This Doctor Fell In (338)
Happy Thanksgiving C (247)
Strategy First Steam (151)
Penniless: Creed's S (134)
BIG PROBLEM! JUST RE (126)
2015 Commitment - Arden K
Name a Gamecock
2015 Commitment - Christi
Texans getting frustrated
2014 Junkanoo Jam **USC W
How many??
BIG PROBLEM! JUST REALIZE
Garcia vs Clemson Tom
2015 Commitment - Marquav
Ninety Six 21 Abbeville

Old 12-11-2012, 01:48 PM   #21
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: COD Black Ops II on (Xbox)

Thanks guys! Anyone that wants to add me, feel free. I'm down to party up. Me and Hellraiser party up sometimes.

I'll unlock the AN tonight when I hit Lvl 55 for the first time.

I'm weird when I play this game because I'm going through each assault rifle (except the semi-autos) and unlocking all of the attachments. It just keeps me interested in the game. I'm on the SCAR right now and I'll probably move to the AN after then on to the SMGS then LMGS .. Its a weird way to play but I like it -shrug-

I'll tell you what attachment I love, and that is the adjustable stock. Used it for the first time last night and I put together three 20 kill and single digit death games.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:53 PM   #22
carolinafan111

Male

CockyCash: 912910367
carolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraiser24 View Post
And you are just as big of a beast as you claim you were with your k/d ratio. Glad you joined us last night.
haha thanks man. i have to get used to that HC though. I don't feel like i can just run'n'gun in HC like I can in core.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
So I got a question. I get killed a lot, and I mean a lot, of the time when I'm looking down my sight (reflex) and a guy comes into picture and I'll use a majority of my clip but I still die. Is this a connection issue? I notice a lot of people talk about lag in this game. Like I'll watch the kill cam and it looks like I didn't even see nor shoot the guy, but I definitely got rounds off.

I also notice that the SMG is the gun of choice for a lot of people and I use primarily assault rifles, so I guess the high fire rate difference between the two guns has a lot to do with it too.

Just kind of aggravating because I use an ethernet cable.
Host in this game is ridiculous. I know exactly what you mean by that. My favorite is when I am behind a wall and die, but in the kill cam i wasn't.

SMG > AR. Period. In MW3 or BO, you would have never seen me with an SMG as I am an AR guy all the way (Galil/Famas in BO, ACR/M16 in MW3). but in this game, minus the fully automatic FAL and M8A1, there is no comparison. My K/D with my SMGs is like 2.4ish while my K/D with the Type and MTAR is like.. 1.9. I tried to play the same style of play with those 4 guns, the smgs are just better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post
First, Bleed: Please keep commenting on my posts! :)

it's not whining, it's a free world- I can spread the truth about COD all I want

CF111: In old CODs, have always teetered around even, but never GAF as long as the team won.. never got one at launch, waited 6+ months to pick any up. No, I don't play Blops 2. Never understood the obsession with the online dick swinging contests of "K/D", it reminds me of teens trying to impress the popular kids... what does it matter if one has a 5.0 K/D or a .01 K/D? For example, in BF3, there are times I like to rush to plant or deactivate the bombs, and some rounds have the highest point totals with only a few kills if any (objectives worth much more than kills).. I also heal people and put down mortar fire for support. Does that mean that my gun skill is low or that I didn't help to win the game? There are times I get 25+ kills, yet we lose because no one was playing as a team.. give me the win 10/10 times. K/D is insanely overrated.. it used to be important in Goldeneye, orig Halo, etc, but (most) games have advanced to the point where K/D is irrelevant and objectives/team based is where it's at.

It's why I hate the crazy killstreaks of COD, Killstreaks should never "win a game". The killstreaks in Halo 4 give you an advantage (weapons/perks etc), but it's still up to your skill to win the game after that.
Killstreaks don't win games. they just make the good players look that much better. If you are getting VSATs, Warthogs, Lodestars, Dogs, Swarm, etc (which my teams normally get about 10 of these combined each game) then your team is just better than the other team.

And, if you REALLY think K/D is overrated, why don't you get a bunch of your "objective players" to play against some of my "high k/d" players. We can even play no kill streaks. And let's see who wins.

I say that because you missed my argument completely. In objective game modes, it is NOT all about base diving. Good teams have players that can cap objectives AND others that can push through the objective, push back the enemy lines, and make it where the other team can't even get to the object before you are already there (in games like HQ, Dom, or Hardpoint). If you ever get the game, you can watch one of my games yesterday. I went 102-14, AND was on every HQ to cap the base.

33 games attended in a row (26-7 in that stretch)
carolinafan111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:58 PM   #23
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

You can fully auto a FAL? Is that with the select fire attachment?

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 12-11-2012, 02:00 PM   #24
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1373
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinafan111 View Post
haha thanks man. i have to get used to that HC though. I don't feel like i can just run'n'gun in HC like I can in core.
I run'n'gun most of the time. I wasn't last night for two of those games because I was using the FAL. But I understand your point, as run'n'gun'n on HC is different than core. You need to hug the outside of the map, or use buildings to keep your back covered, whereas on core I just follow the red dots blinking on the mini map.

Side note: The Five-Seven handgun is beast on HC. I like to run around with just the pistol at times.
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:01 PM   #25
carolinafan111

Male

carolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot material

yessir. that gun fully automatic is Godly. The best player I know (his name is F8l Coogi.. dude is a monster) uses that weapon. So do most of the top slayers in my clan.

Old 12-11-2012, 02:02 PM   #26
carolinafan111

Male

Quote:
I run'n'gun most of the time. I wasn't last night for two of those games because I was using the FAL. But I understand your point, as run'n'gun'n on HC is different than core. You need to hug the outside of the map, or use buildings to keep your back covered, whereas on core I just follow the red dots blinking on the mini map.

Side note: The Five-Seven handgun is beast on HC. I like to run around with just the pistol at times.
i love how the FAL is a single shot kill!

Old 12-11-2012, 02:12 PM   #27
AstroCock
FEAR ME!!!!

Male

CockyCash: 500
AstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot material

Hey guys I highly reccomend EVERYONE that plays BO2 to subscribe to TmarT He is a beast and you will learn something from every one of his videos. Thanks to him im getting ready to prestige for the second time and I was a complete noob when I strarted playing. Check him out.

AstroCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:14 PM   #28
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

I loved the fal before they nerfed it. I don't do well with high recoil weapons. Never have.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:23 PM   #29
AstroCock
FEAR ME!!!!

Male

AstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot material

Quote:

Old 12-11-2012, 02:23 PM   #30
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

my gamertag is my name here but without a capitalized 'M'

not that it would mess up the search if you searched otherwise though, I think
Old 12-11-2012, 02:25 PM   #31
AstroCock
FEAR ME!!!!

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
I loved the fal before they nerfed it. I don't do well with high recoil weapons. Never have.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:32 PM   #32
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPit

Tmrtn is informative, but he needs to understand how his videos are going to impact everyone's gameplay. Like when he made the video about the blackhat PDA and showed how it could steal teammates carepackages. It was annoying to have your "teammates" jack your stuff. I am glad they fixed it in the last patch.
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:20 AM   #33
carolinafan111

Male

with 1 minute left we were down 40 in a game of hq. my buddy put up a vsat. and with less than 30 seconds left I got a 5 piece defend on the base as the only person left to save the base and we won by 5. we started the game halfway through down 140-0.

Old 12-14-2012, 09:11 AM   #34
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPit

Nice clutch. That always feels good especially in game modes like that where all your dead teammates get to watch you pull out the victory. It is always a rush when I play S&D and am the last person alive and am able to get the job done. It really gets your juices flowing.
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:45 PM   #35
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1373
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

The M8A1 is the worst gun on the game. Even in Hardcore it is not a one shot one kill, and it is a four round burst!
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:43 PM   #36
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Double XP this past weekend was cool. I finally prestiged and got to level 32 (I think).

I played Nuketown with my brother for a couple of hours yesterday and it killed my k/d (it was already average to begin with).

SMGs are indeed, boss.

Old 12-17-2012, 05:11 PM   #37
N00k
SigMaster

Male

CockyCash: 1952776
N00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot materialN00k is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to N00k Send a message via Yahoo to N00k

RyanMYBK

N00k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:08 PM   #38
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

CockyCash: 2300
USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material

just upped my scorestreaks for the first time, got Warthog>Lodestar>VTOL warship in a game of Dom. Used my Warthog and got about 10 kills, so it unlocked my 2 other ones. I was pumped!, i activate the Lodestar and kill the entire team with one missle as they are trying to recapture their home base..then all of a sudden the game freezes...i see the disconnect icon..my screen goes black, then a message pops up.. host has left n(or whatever bs it says when you get dashboarded on) and im back in the lobby, my VTOL unused and my lodestar cut short. was so pissed.

USCremedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:54 PM   #39
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Double XP again this weekend and the new DLC comes out in a couple of days

Played some of the best COD of my life late last night and today. I had a 42 kill game last night then 4 of 5 games with 30+ kills today. I must've had a great connection or something because I was absolutely wrecking people with my FAL.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:05 PM   #40
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

CockyCash: 2300
USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material

nuketown baby

USCremedy is offline   Reply With Quote