CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
GH
b381l
Spurticus
Mt. Lattimore
petecock
jrussjr
RGHoskins
JerseyBird
Acockolypse Now
bigdog2003
1st practice tonight (1849)
I'm in the Atlanta a (1145)
We don't have a prac (790)
Malcolm Mitchell (kn (781)
Could we see 3 QBs o (601)
Donell Stanley injur (541)
weather in columbia (466)
Cockytalk Fall Pract (446)
Overrated and Underr (420)
Copperheads (303)
Auburn Loses Guard for Se
Cockytalk Fall Practice R
Paul George Seriously Inj
2015 Commitment - Mon Den
****Official 2014 Gamecoc
Official SEC Network and
1st practice tonight
Could we see 3 QBs on the
Links to post-practice vi
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 07:48 PM   #221
Cocky2001
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 320
Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Na'Ty Rodgers Thread (2013 Prospect)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDRAY^# View Post
I thought he came in due to Kyle Nunn being injured. Or was that Cody Gibson.
When K Nunn was injured, they tried Cody Gibson a couple of weeks then put Matulis in. Matulis was solid there for the rest of the season. Even against Neb when Nunn was able to return, Rok was moved from LT to RG (I believe, but it was one of the guard positions) and Matulis remained at RT.

Even though he only played in 5 or 6 games, Matulis was named All Freshman SEC and AA (I am sure about the first one, and pretty sure about the second).
to come true." Bodhi.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:56 PM   #222
JDRAY^#
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
JDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky2001 View Post
When K Nunn was injured, they tried Cody Gibson a couple of weeks then put Matulis in. Matulis was solid there for the rest of the season. Even against Neb when Nunn was able to return, Rok was moved from LT to RG (I believe, but it was one of the guard positions) and Matulis remained at RT.

Even though he only played in 5 or 6 games, Matulis was named All Freshman SEC and AA (I am sure about the first one, and pretty sure about the second).
Thats what I thought happened as well. I know Matulus played as a freshman, but he was never a day one starter.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:34 PM   #223
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
The Pomfret (Md.) McDonough offensive lineman has worked at left tackle, right tackle, and left guard in the practices leading up to Saturday's game. Rodgers, who is rated four-stars by 247Sports, has more than lived up to his ranking.
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/Chesape...formers-108704

Quote:
Another Gamecock target, OL Na’Ty Rodgers, is also playing in the all star game featuring players from the Chesapeake Bay area. He said Thursday his top three of USC, Maryland and Washington remains the same. He is also sticking with his plan to announce at the Under Armour game and to visit USC January 19th regardless of his announcement.
Link: http://sportstalkgolive.com/index.ph...her-sec-offer/

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem

Last edited by CoverTwo; 12-29-2012 at 06:33 PM.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:40 PM   #224
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

Nice..

Old 12-30-2012, 01:19 PM   #225
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Washington Post All-Met 1st team. ... Had 88 pancakes. ... He's currently the top uncommitted recruit in Maryland, and he holds more than 25 offers.
Link: http://southcarolina.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1451719

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 12-30-2012, 01:21 PM   #226
duff18
Blue Chip

Male

duff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Really excited about this young man. If we can land him, our OL will be really stout and with depth.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:21 AM   #227
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Wish he'd just go ahead and pull the trigger.

Could be the best OL class here ever.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:55 AM   #228
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post

Nothing like having a kid pick your school at these All Star games. I feel certain Rodgers has been advised to do this by our Coaches. Nothing like free National exposure.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:11 AM   #229
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Well, yes. That's true.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:17 AM   #230
50ktight
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
50ktight is sharpening his claws50ktight is sharpening his claws50ktight is sharpening his claws50ktight is sharpening his claws50ktight is sharpening his claws

Quote:

Statistically speaking the 06 class was loaded
Old 12-31-2012, 01:50 PM   #231
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

True. It's all potential until they actually play the game.

Love this group though.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:02 PM   #232
duff18
Blue Chip

Male

duff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his comb

Quote:
True. It's all potential until they actually play the game.

Love this group though.

So true, but I think this group will be excellent. We need to run the ball the way LSU does - smash it down people's throats. LSU killed us in our game with the run - controlled the ball and the clock. That is how Bama does it too and that is what wins games.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:02 PM   #233
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50ktight View Post
Statistically speaking the 06 class was loaded
The '06 was loaded with sheer numbers of OL prospects.....we had 8 OL commits in that class. Rivals had 4 of the OL as 4*, but Bailey never made it past admissions, and Young spent his career too injured to contribute. Anderson and Eckerson became substantial starters for us. Both Andrews and Broadhead weren't even 3* rated OL prospects by either Rivals or Scout...

Nowadays we have ESPN and 24/7 added to Rivals and Scout.....if Rodgers commits to our class, all five of our OL commitments will be rated as 4* OL by at least one of the 4 main online recruiting sources (both Knott and Vonashek are 4* per ESPN). It will be the first OL class going back to 2002 that had all 4* rated OL...

Of course, we all know that all this may not mean anything in the end, but it's still worth noting at this point....
Old 12-31-2012, 03:59 PM   #234
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

OL has such a high attrition rate. It's just a brutal position. For every 3 you recruit, you seem to get one starter. That's why I'm so happy to see us recruit 4+ every year now.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:21 PM   #235
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
OL has such a high attrition rate.
By and far...this is why it is so painful to look back and see our OL recruiting '07-'09. We may finally get uprighted next season...it may be the hardest position to recruit and develop.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:02 PM   #236
FeartheSpur
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 717
FeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPit

Update on GCC can any one summarize?
Old 01-02-2013, 05:26 PM   #237
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeartheSpur View Post
Update on GCC can any one summarize?
Interview says he may want to stay closer to home. I couldn't hear it because of my ipad. I'm basing this comment on what others posted. Chris Clark says we still lead and not to take what he might say seriously.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:21 PM   #238
scfanohio
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
scfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talons

247 guy on the Bill King show this morning said the talk at the game is Rogers to Maryland, but it is still fluid.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:09 PM   #239
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Interview says he may want to stay closer to home. I couldn't hear it because of my ipad. I'm basing this comment on what others posted. Chris Clark says we still lead and not to take what he might say seriously.
No problem, just move em all down here.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:15 PM   #240
PvtWarlick
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1261
PvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot material

TBS saying the vibe is Maryland around the camp, but he's been a slient commit for months
2010 SEC East Champions

Baseball:
2010, 2011 National Champions
4 Time Runner-Up (1975, 77, 2002, 2012)

Basketball
Southern Champions: 1927, 33, 34, 45
1970, 71 ACC Champions
1997 SEC Champions
2005, 06 NIT Champions
Closed Thread