CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Gamecock Multimedia

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
johnnyb
jellafever
JaxcockFL
Regalcock
Storm Of Spurs
Cockfanga
GOOD NEWS ABOUT SPUR (3673)
Cant believe no one (1943)
Starting Lineup Anno (1941)
We Have to Pass (1133)
Suspicious sign-in a (865)
Poster on another si (731)
Spurrier weekly pres (688)
Rivalry Thoughts and (614)
How is Shaq Davidson (427)
This would be awesom (378)
This would be awesome....
We Have to Pass
Why has there been 40 yea
2015 Commitment - Marquav
Rebutting Dabo's Rant
Rivalry Thoughts and Pred
The Defense
Coaching Carousel 2014/15
GOOD NEWS ABOUT SPURRIER
SEC referees?

Old 12-18-2012, 01:33 PM   #1
WHC1993
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
WHC1993 has hatched from the shell
Default Carolina Basketball Court concepts

Just a few concepts i came up with. Not a fan of the current floor.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
WHC1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:35 PM   #2
SirSpur05
Walk On

Male

SirSpur05 has hatched from the shell
Default Re: Carolina Basketball Court concepts

I'm with you. Definitely have to have the block C emblem at mid-court. Third one is my favorite.
SirSpur05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:41 PM   #3
beak2
4-Star

Male

beak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his comb

beak2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:57 PM   #4
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2462144
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

I don't have a problem with the current look of the court, but if the University changed it up every now and then, that would be sweet.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:04 PM   #5
bravecock524
Nesemiea

Male

CockyCash: 40960
bravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
I don't have a problem with the current look of the court, but if the University changed it up every now and then, that would be sweet.
They have had like 3 different designs in the past 5 or 6 years.
bravecock524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:14 PM   #6
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2462144
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravecock524 View Post
They have had like 3 different designs in the past 5 or 6 years.
Well I thought the court has been the same since being sponsored by Colonial Life.Specifically the center of the Basketball court. Block C with South Carolina above it and Colonial Life Arena below it.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:21 PM   #7
bravecock524
Nesemiea

Male

CockyCash: 40960
bravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
Well I thought the court has been the same since being sponsored by Colonial Life.Specifically the center of the Basketball court. Block C with South Carolina above it and Colonial Life Arena below it.
Yea, I think the changes were in consecutive years, so it has been the same for a while.
bravecock524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:45 PM   #8
atlgamecockman
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 2000
atlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talons

I don't really like the current floor either, give me that block C!
Old 12-18-2012, 07:06 PM   #9
Wiz Khalifa
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Wiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudly

those are badass. i hate out current floor
Old 12-18-2012, 07:33 PM   #10
jellafever
BETTER THAN the rest

Male

CockyCash: 1035714
jellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHC1993 View Post
[IMG][/IMG]
I like this one the best.
A couple changes I would make:
1- Make the Block-C at center court smaller (I don't think a center court logo should stretch almost to the 3 point lines on each side - like our current logo does).
2- Make the "Carolina" and "Gamecocks" on the baselines much larger or at least spaced out a little more.
3- Maybe change the black exterior to Garnet for some continuity and change the court writing (CLA) to black. (I like the classic minimalistic look, i.e. Duke's court.)

Also if the court exterior was changed from Black to Garnet, you could make the writing on the baselines Black (but they may need a thin white border around the letters.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:36 PM   #11
jellafever
BETTER THAN the rest

Male

jellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot material

Also, it might be cool to put the Palmetto Trees on the court above "Colonial Life Arena" like they have on the football field.
Or on the baseline surrounding "Carolina" and Gamecocks"
Old 12-18-2012, 07:39 PM   #12
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellafever View Post
Also, it might be cool to put the Palmetto Trees on the court above "Colonial Life Arena" like they have on the football field.
Or we could just go all out and do a South Carolina version of Long Beach State's floor:

Old 12-18-2012, 07:59 PM   #13
Cockyhard
Blue Chip

Male

Cockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his comb

does anyone have a pic of the current.... unfortunately since i moved up state i havent been to a BB game since they open the CLA...

Is football season here yet???
Cockyhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:09 PM   #14
Cockyhard
Blue Chip

Male

Cockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellafever View Post
I like that idea!!

Is football season here yet???
Cockyhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:45 PM   #15
central_eagle
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 400
central_eagle has developed his gaff and talonscentral_eagle has developed his gaff and talonscentral_eagle has developed his gaff and talonscentral_eagle has developed his gaff and talonscentral_eagle has developed his gaff and talonscentral_eagle has developed his gaff and talonscentral_eagle has developed his gaff and talonscentral_eagle has developed his gaff and talonscentral_eagle has developed his gaff and talonscentral_eagle has developed his gaff and talonscentral_eagle has developed his gaff and talons

was bored and tried to see what i could come up with..

Old 12-19-2012, 06:30 PM   #16
ColaCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Only place I can accept a gradient is on a basketball court. Personally, here is what I would like changed on your concept:

- remove the interlocking SC logo, baseball pretty much owns that and it doesn't mesh well
- you have 2 different SEC logos, one of which is currently outdated
- the CAROLINA and GAMECOCKS in the Block C are kind of overkill

Other than that, I like your use of color throughout the court. Also glad you removed that ugly wordmark we use above the Block C from 3 point line to 3 point line.

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:14 PM   #17
jellafever
BETTER THAN the rest

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by central_eagle View Post
I really like this one. I would still try to make the letters on each baseline black with a thin white outline (or keep them white and use a thicker black outline). Also, I like the previous concept of writing Colonial Life Arena on each side of half court, but the Palmetto Trees look great on the court.

Thanks!