CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
USC_21
JerseyBird
JDJones
b381l
WeStillOwnUSC
Cockypantherfan
SanAntonioCock
kingofnerf
aftertwobowls
gamecockgal
2014 Charleston Clas (3307)
**USC Women vs. Clem (2565)
10 years since " (1294)
Sidney Rice is havin (1257)
Fan bias toward a sp (1166)
Family, Faith, and G (866)
Why the hesitance to (819)
BJ Mckie (223)
Hospitality Area? (222)
Cocky cloth towels (182)
10 years since "the
ESPNís Marisa Martin Make
2014 Class AAAA Playoffs
how do you feel about Cle
2014 Charleston Classic *
Previewing Cornell
Up Next: Gildan Charlesto
USC women new #1?
Dylan's post-game sidelin
RG3 - Struggles Not Getti

View Poll Results: Who is the number one guy on your board?
Tyrone Crowder 12 13.64%
Larenz Bryant 16 18.18%
Kelsey Griffin 2 2.27%
Matt Rolin 25 28.41%
Michael Hill 8 9.09%
Na'Ty Rodgers 2 2.27%
Mike Williams 16 18.18%
Tyshon Dye 2 2.27%
David Williams 1 1.14%
MarQuez North 4 4.55%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 04:12 PM   #14841
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Tommy Sanders Thread (2013 Prospect)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockywill09 View Post
This is sad we can't even get a juco player to commit with a chance to play or start early.
The guy hasn't announced yet...do I need to quote him again?
Old 12-18-2012, 04:14 PM   #14842
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 960
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockywill09 View Post
This is sad we can't even get a juco player to commit with a chance to play or start early.
Especially sad when there are 5 LBs leaving the program. The 2 deep at both positions, gone. How our coaches can't make that attractive enough for one of these guys to commit is beyond me.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:14 PM   #14843
Cockyhard
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
I think you are right, look at what the guy said. We put him with Clowney, he knows we have a need at LB, he knows this is a great place to play, and he knows we are competing in the SEC next year. What MORE can the staff do? Sometimes guys make other decisions, its not the end of the world and people need to stop acting like it.

All of that said, NOTHING the guy has said puts us at a disadvantage here. I see someone mention that OSU guys think they have him but they don't have a clue.
Exactly.... I havent looked ... or do I keep up with other schools version of CockyTalk... but those fans are just like us.... they speculate and hope... Only this kid knows where he is going... From what I have read... ON COCKYTALK... We should be in the mix just as any other school... All we can do is hope.... Like fans are supposed to do...

Is football season here yet???
Old 12-18-2012, 04:16 PM   #14844
cockywill09
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 647
cockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
Especially sad when there are 5 LBs leaving the program. The 2 deep at both positions, gone. How our coaches can't make that attractive enough for one of these guys to commit is beyond me.
Beyond meI hope we get him his highlights are legit. Nice speed and good size
Old 12-18-2012, 04:29 PM   #14845
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 126034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
We run a scheme that most don't, especially when it comes to Linebackers. He also was a Florida lean for a long time, if you followed him on Twitter you saw what he was saying during our game with them this year. We wet the bed on that game, the bad kind that you can't throw the towel on and they capitalized on it. Florida gave him the pitch, he bought it. Sometimes it happens.
First, I don't follow kids on twitter.

second, did we not do the exact same thing (but worse) to UGA? that didn't seem to help much with Langley. So you can't attribute it to that and take the blame off coaches
Old 12-18-2012, 04:41 PM   #14846
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post

second, did we not do the exact same thing (but worse) to UGA? that didn't seem to help much with Langley. So you can't attribute it to that and take the blame off coaches
UGA also made it to the SEC Championship game, and ESPN was hanging off their jock so not quite an apples to apples comparison.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:42 PM   #14847
cockywill09
Game MVP

Male

cockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudly

I get this feeling flame if y'all want but just another free trip,OSU too confident right now I guess waited to late.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:44 PM   #14848
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Buckeye
Old 12-18-2012, 04:48 PM   #14849
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

I blame coach Botkin. Don't ask me why, it just feels right. "Let the anger flow through you", etc...
Old 12-18-2012, 04:53 PM   #14850
cockywill09
Game MVP

Male

Damn I wonder if Brandon golson still available see if we can get him to commit again lmao
Old 12-18-2012, 04:54 PM   #14851
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Four-star outside linebacker Tommy Sanders (Cordele, Ga./Butler Community College) will likely be No. 20 or No. 34 on Wednesday.

Thatís the 20th commit for either Ohio State or South Carolina or No. 34 for Texas A&M in the Class of 2013 after he makes his announcement.

Butler (El Dorado, Kan.) CC coach Troy Morrell confirmed Sandersí plans for his announcement via text message today.

Sandersí recruitment has been interesting, as the 6-foot-2, 215-pound outside linebacker took official visits to the Aggies on Nov. 23, Ohio State on Dec. 7 and South Carolina last Friday.

The 33rd-ranked junior college player in the nation and top-ranked linebacker -- inside or outside -- was an honorable mention All-American this season.

Of the three programs Sanders is considering, the Buckeyes have the most pressing need at the position, with no linebackers in the recruiting class and a young unit on the field.

The Aggies have five linebackers in their recruiting class, while the Gamecocks have four.

It is believed Ohio State, which offered Sanders last week, is the favorite, but Sanders had a great visit with South Carolina after being hosted by All-American Jadeveon Clowney.

In his final season with national runner-up Butler, Sanders recorded 71 tackles -- 20 for loss -- logged eight sacks, two fumble recoveries, added a forced fumble and had an interception to go along with 12 pass breakups.
1. The idea that we are the most in need of LB help might not be looking at it from all angles.

2. He had a good visit here and right now, we don't know how he'll decide.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:57 PM   #14852
Rh Gamecock
Two Deep

Male

Rh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post

You say this as though you aren't following kids recruitment listening to what he has to say etc . But if you feel uncomfortable following him on twitter that's fine I'm 21 i don't mind following them on twitter.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:58 PM   #14853
brat
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100500
brat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot material

I blame the Norman Invasion of 1066.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:09 PM   #14854
Cockyhard
Blue Chip

Male

Cockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat View Post
I blame the Norman Invasion of 1066.
Damn you William II.... Thwarting our recruiting as if it was Harold the II 's good ol' England...lol

Is football season here yet???
Old 12-18-2012, 05:39 PM   #14855
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Unless he's committed I wouldn't start wringing your hands just yet.

Kids change their minds all the time, but our staff felt very good about signing him when he left.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:42 PM   #14856
cockywill09
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Unless he's committed I wouldn't start wringing your hands just yet.

Kids change their minds all the time, but our staff felt very good about signing him when he left.
We shall see bud hope so
Old 12-18-2012, 05:55 PM   #14857
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material
Wink Re: Tommy Sanders Thread (2013 Prospect)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockyhard View Post
Damn you William II.... Thwarting our recruiting as if it was Harold the II 's good ol' England...lol
I blame it on George Bush.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:09 PM   #14858
gamecockclint
Blue Chip

Male

gamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudly

Why is everyone acting as if he's already committed to Ohio State?
Old 12-18-2012, 06:15 PM   #14859
FeartheSpur
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 717
FeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPit

Nm
Old 12-18-2012, 06:15 PM   #14860
cockywill09
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockclint View Post
Why is everyone acting as if he's already committed to Ohio State?
It's pretty much done deal