CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gyle41386
Thenardier
SanAntonioCock
MACXIMVS
Bobby Boucher
rdwylie
b381l
spareparts
Spurticus
uscgamecocks88
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (8482)
Sindarius Thornwell (923)
Chicago ND fan/SEC b (610)
Best Child Acting Pe (573)
Well gameday just go (465)
Happy Birthday, Coac (415)
Grill 225 (Market Pa (378)
Your most famous twi (279)
South Carolina @ Aub (243)
Unsung Hero (233)
Chicago ND fan/SEC book i
Burger Kings angry whoppe
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #3
Connor Mitch
Name a Gamecock
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
Hope Springs Eternal
2015 Warm/Warmer/Favorite
Happy Birthday, Coach Spu

Old 12-18-2012, 06:31 PM   #21
bigdawg77
GOOOOO GEORGIA BULLDOGS

Male

CockyCash: 7461220
bigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 17 year old arrested for guns on school campus

Quote:
Originally Posted by auslander View Post
The rifle was probably in a case by itsself and the other stuff was in a bag. I have a range bag that has all kinds of stuff in it. When I get home from shooting I go clean the rifles and forget the bag. Pretty frequently as I get older...
Yea if I let my range bag in the car and someone cleaned it out they would probably wonder wtf since I leave my web belt and holster I use for idpa in there
Old 12-18-2012, 06:49 PM   #22
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 97950
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
Doesn't matter if you support the 2nd Amendment or not. Anybody who
goes onto a school campus with That kind of load at this time needs to
do some time in a cell, as do the parents and/or anyone who supplied him
with this stuff. It's time to start making examples of people who have no
common sense, or people who intend to use stuff like this at some point
and simply got caught and lied about it before they had a chance to
use it. ...... I wouldn't try to decide which was correct. If a person is
anywhere near a school, place of business, church, or even a residence
other than where he lives, this should be considered grounds for doing serious
time.
I agree 100%!!! What is pathetic is our church now has a police officer roams the halls on Sunday mornings...I thank the officer every Sunday
ShutTheSuccop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:59 PM   #23
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

CockyCash: 26000805
RGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to RGHoskins

There is no sign of violent intent. Give him whatever the penalty is for illegally carrying a firearm.

- Rick H-

Rest in Peace Jaymie, aka Feistyminx and C- Girl.
RGHoskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:16 PM   #24
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
Doesn't matter if you support the 2nd Amendment or not. Anybody who
goes onto a school campus with That kind of load at this time needs to
do some time in a cell, as do the parents and/or anyone who supplied him
with this stuff. It's time to start making examples of people who have no
common sense, or people who intend to use stuff like this at some point
and simply got caught and lied about it before they had a chance to
use it. ...... I wouldn't try to decide which was correct. If a person is
anywhere near a school, place of business, church, or even a residence
other than where he lives, this should be considered grounds for doing serious
time.
funny you say that, i carried a gun through church the other day. we were trading with a church member and met in the lobby after church, no one was worried at all. so i have to disagree. School yes, place of business that you own no, church no, residence other than your own...no

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:40 PM   #25
GamecockNeal
American Gamecock....

Male

CockyCash: 3683
GamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate View Post
funny you say that, i carried a gun through church the other day. we were trading with a church member and met in the lobby after church, no one was worried at all. so i have to disagree. School yes, place of business that you own no, church no, residence other than your own...no
That would have bothered me. I think you all can find another place to trade baseball cards and guns besides in the lobby of church. A lot of people have been affected by gun related crime and find peace in church. Im sure that they do not come to church expecting to see this trading taking place in public view. I think it would be best served elsewhere.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:09 AM   #26
CaptainCock91
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 495
CaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGHoskins View Post
There is no sign of violent intent. Give him whatever the penalty is for illegally carrying a firearm.
Just suspicious that his "hunting" gear includes a taser, handcuffs, tons of shotgun shells, a revolver, multiple knives, and 2 hatchets. If all that was found was a shotgun or rifle, a reasonable amount of ammo, and a hunting knife, I would say give him the benefit of the doubt on the hunting story, and enact the minimum penalty, but with everything that was found, he needs time in prison.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:51 AM   #27
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockNeal View Post
That would have bothered me. I think you all can find another place to trade baseball cards and guns besides in the lobby of church. A lot of people have been affected by gun related crime and find peace in church. Im sure that they do not come to church expecting to see this trading taking place in public view. I think it would be best served elsewhere.
when your church size is 55 on a good day and you have grown up in that church and the guy you are getting it from is an elder it isn't as big of a deal i guess.

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:14 AM   #28
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockSkip View Post
When I was in high school we had guns in the gun rack hung in the back window. I even took my shotgun inside to put in my locker during the day if I was going hunting with a buddy after school. My, how times change.
you realize how dumb that is right? accidents happen what if you shot someone

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:15 AM   #29
M.C.

Male

M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate View Post
when your church size is 55 on a good day and you have grown up in that church and the guy you are getting it from is an elder it isn't as big of a deal i guess.
lol why not include that in the OP

Old 12-19-2012, 05:24 AM   #30
Tailfeathers
Starter

Tailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. View Post
you realize how dumb that is right? accidents happen what if you shot someone
No one has ever been shot with an empty weapon. Yes I'm assuming because I realize there are many people in this world who know how to handle a firearm. Your mindset is the epitome of the problem. While you are worried about an empty shotgun I'm more worried about the drunks, dopeheads, teenagers texting, old people and women in general I pass daily on our roadways.

If we could somehow get down to discussing real problems for these idiot shooters and drivers we might find real solutions.

But here we are ready to imprison a 17 year old who clearly isn't going to shoot up a school. It's a .22 REVOLVER people.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:37 AM   #31
M.C.

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailfeathers View Post
No one has ever been shot with an empty weapon. Yes I'm assuming because I realize there are many people in this world who know how to handle a firearm. Your mindset is the epitome of the problem. While you are worried about an empty shotgun I'm more worried about the drunks, dopeheads, teenagers texting, old people and women in general I pass daily on our roadways.

If we could somehow get down to discussing real problems for these idiot shooters and drivers we might find real solutions.

But here we are ready to imprison a 17 year old who clearly isn't going to shoot up a school. It's a .22 REVOLVER people.
he never said it was empty

and I guess your mindset is that guns should be allowed on campus as long as they arent planning on killing someone stuff happens all the time were people kill each other accidentally

Old 12-19-2012, 09:59 AM   #32
Woody7687
4-Star

Male

Woody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talons

Spurticus, many on here are on your jock constantly so I will probably get blasted for this. While I agree with you about this guy being an idiot, I dont agree with your statement of not being able to carry around a place of business, residence, church etc. CWP holders and responsible gun owners should be able to have a gun in the car or on their person if they are permitted to do so. These ignorent statements like yours are a knee jerk response to a problem that doesn't have anything to do with the gun. These incidents that involve guns usually have a mentally disturbed individual using them. We need to have mental health control, not more gun control. An example, I serve at Browns Chapel Baptist Church in Pacolet, SC we have a couple men once church service starts walk the campus for a security check. These men are packing, lawful gun toting citizens that are doing there part to protect their church. Churches, schools, places of business are looked at by criminals as being easy targets because most people wouldnt carry a gun into these places. So they prey on these first. I am glad my church has taken this stance, while I dont carry on my person my piece is in the car.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:51 AM   #33
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Chicken View Post
Depends on what you are hunting. Deer are usually pretty cooperative.. but racoons, squirrels, and beaver can be very unruly, by nature, so tasers and handcuffs often come in handy when hunting those
I have found 4 legged deer to be cooperative but the two legged deers in my life have often required a little more coaxing.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:13 AM   #34
thekob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

Quote:

and I guess your mindset is that guns should be allowed on campus as long as they arent planning on killing someone stuff happens all the time were people kill each other accidentally
your assumption is that people who go hunting have loaded guns in storage and hanging on the rack in their cars.

That's a very silly assumption. I'm sure the poster thought so as well and thats why there was no need to mention it.

I'd go further, but I don't want this thread to be moved to the PF. There's a gun control thread over there, please feel free to post your comments there and I'm sure people will be quick to correct your ignorance of gun laws and firearms.
thekob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:13 AM   #35
HUGEGARNETCOCK
4EVER CROWING!

Male

CockyCash: 700
HUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
Outstanding

I put handcuffs on beaver before. Keeps 'em from squirming around
: rotfl:
Old 12-19-2012, 11:26 AM   #36
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

CockyCash: 26000805
RGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to RGHoskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCock91 View Post
Just suspicious that his "hunting" gear includes a taser, handcuffs, tons of shotgun shells, a revolver, multiple knives, and 2 hatchets. If all that was found was a shotgun or rifle, a reasonable amount of ammo, and a hunting knife, I would say give him the benefit of the doubt on the hunting story, and enact the minimum penalty, but with everything that was found, he needs time in prison.
What crime was committed outside of illegally carrying a firearm?

- Rick H-

Rest in Peace Jaymie, aka Feistyminx and C- Girl.
RGHoskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:39 AM   #37
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 397
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

I hear a lot of quibbling regarding whether the gun was loaded or not, whether it was a revolver or not, as to its safety. There is only one safe way to keep a gun... Empty and locked in a safe. Anything else increases the risk.

I also know that there are millions of responsible gun owners in the nation. Unfortunately it only takes one irresponsible gun user for tragedy to result.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:45 PM   #38
Tailfeathers
Starter

Tailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot material

Quote:

That's right guns should be allowed on campus. The person raised shooting guns, hunting or sport shooting, someone who has taken hunter safety classes and/or CWP are not the people one needs to worry about.

Let me ask...

Which is one more likely to die accidentally from...

Drug overdose
Drowning
Auto Accident or...
Gun?

Do you know the likely hood of a child dying via accidental gunshot?

Again I'm more worried about idiots on the road than guns.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:11 PM   #39
LeeSC
Melvin bowls...overhand.

Male

LeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGHoskins View Post
What crime was committed outside of illegally carrying a firearm?

Wouldn't it illegal possession which is a felony? Also, since he is under 18 there is probably a illegal possession issue with the stun gun, although I am not well versed in stun gun laws in this State.

But I agree.....I don't think there was any nefarious intent here...only a DA kid showing off. But, you have to learn sooner or later that you actions (including showing off) can have tragic and long term negative consequences.
LeeSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:26 PM   #40
auslander
The Butcher of Hope

Male

CockyCash: 833
auslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeSC View Post
Wouldn't it illegal possession which is a felony? Also, since he is under 18 there is probably a illegal possession issue with the stun gun, although I am not well versed in stun gun laws in this State.

But I agree.....I don't think there was any nefarious intent here...only a DA kid showing off. But, you have to learn sooner or later that you actions (including showing off) can have tragic and long term negative consequences.
It is not illegal to own a stun gun in SC it is not regulated like a firearm is.
Pistols cannot be possesed/carried by anyone under the age of 21. (Those under 21 can shoot a pistol if a person over 21 is present)
Peope 18 and over may buy rifles and shotguns, along with ammo.
Incedentally you must be over 18 to buy amny things... cigarette lighters, cough syrup, spray paint (I think), plus a few others...