CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JerseyBird
FurmanCock
Cockhornleghorn
Gamecocks1137
Master Bedroom
Copperhead
sanford
b381l
ConwayGamecock
GamecockUltimate
Venables to TAMU? (4265)
Vegas line moving on (3093)
2014 Junkanoo Jam ** (2856)
Phil Kronblut show (1464)
Arkansas... (1462)
Women's Soccer Elite (1092)
End of the aTm / LSU (965)
Anyone know what thi (903)
Star Wars: The Force (367)
marshall/WKU (345)
2014 Class AA Division II
Dooms interview with Ronn
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLINA @ C
Texans getting frustrated
End of the aTm / LSU game
Constant Updates on Watso
Arkansas...
2014 Junkanoo Jam **USC W
Vegas line moving on game
Tailgating tomorrow for t

Old 12-19-2012, 01:27 PM   #21
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: ESPN article on Kenny Mckinley and O.J. Murdock

Really sad. The pressure they put on their own backs to make it is unbelievable. They sometimes lose sight of the fact that if it doesn't work out they've got great options in coaching and the like.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:09 PM   #22
ACPhilson
Really hates Orange Teams

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
ACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot material

Very difficult article to read. Such tragedy.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:31 PM   #23
eightohhthree
Did you get ahold of 'em?

Male

CockyCash: 10200
eightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to eightohhthree

This article shed some light on some things I was not aware of, with all 3 of them. This is a must read. I am so glad that she took the time to research and write this article.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:59 PM   #24
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 1103858
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover

I just got through shedding a ton of tears over this article...just so so sad...still can't believe it....
Old 12-19-2012, 04:37 PM   #25
swverausc214
Awesomeness Personified

Female

CockyCash: 500
swverausc214 is sharpening his clawsswverausc214 is sharpening his clawsswverausc214 is sharpening his clawsswverausc214 is sharpening his clawsswverausc214 is sharpening his claws

That article was so good I considered reading it again. But I cried at work reading it yesterday and I just can't bring myself to read it again.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:15 PM   #26
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 840000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Read it yesterday and had no idea Kenny was having financial problems. Excellent story on a tragic subject.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:32 PM   #27
Cockyhard
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightohhthree View Post
This article shed some light on some things I was not aware of, with all 3 of them. This is a must read. I am so glad that she took the time to research and write this article.
I agree.... I had no idea of Kenny's financial woes..... Thats a ton of cash to just be throwing around when you are only making the league minimum.... It was a great article ... a lot of work went into that read.... It was long as hell though.... but sure didnt mind.... RIP Kenny and OJ...

Is football season here yet???
Cockyhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:34 PM   #28
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Stay Classy T-net....

If you could, please click the "report post" button over there. If a post gets 5 reports, the mods nuke it...

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:05 PM   #29
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4058916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

very sad but serious question when has Columbia been referred to as the city of dreams. I am 33 and have never heard this before
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:17 PM   #30
Cockyhard
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
very sad but serious question when has Columbia been referred to as the city of dreams. I am 33 and have never heard this before
I hate to admit .... but nor have I

Is football season here yet???
Cockyhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:10 PM   #31
atlcocky
Recruit

Female

atlcocky is developing his combatlcocky is developing his combatlcocky is developing his combatlcocky is developing his combatlcocky is developing his combatlcocky is developing his combatlcocky is developing his combatlcocky is developing his combatlcocky is developing his comb

Ok that literally made me bawl. Very well written and a nice remembrance of Kenny. I have always been haunted by the memory of cheering for him like crazy at that last trip he made to willy b. So sad that we were all so happy to see him and none of us knew that he was depressed enough to do that just days later. RIP
atlcocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:50 PM   #32
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

I just read the article in full. Damn I miss Kenny. I miss them all. I wish there was something I could have done. Just miss em
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:57 AM   #33
GarnetLaw
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 3000
GarnetLaw is learning to peckGarnetLaw is learning to peck

That was one great peice that I wish was never written. RIP
GarnetLaw is offline   Reply With Quote