CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
l^l^lBGCock
Ericvol2096
smoovecock
thekob
Travelin
gamecockgal
jellafever
kingoftheroost
GamecockSuperFan
BLACK OUT!!!!!!! (3170)
SEC QB's in the Red (1009)
Little know stat (We (1005)
Where do you like to (585)
We're going to the N (547)
Interesting quotes f (448)
Have you ever been s (418)
Amelia Earhart Plane (381)
Tennessee Offense Br (335)
This season and recr (260)
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!
Interesting quotes from D
Tennessee Offense Breakdo
Lose to Clemson, or to Te
Perry Dozier Jr. (2015 Pr
DJ Smith
Have you ever been so wro
2015 Commitment - Mark Fi
Tennessee - South Carolin
Women's Team Ranked #2 In

Old 12-19-2012, 06:45 PM   #1
jtown86
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
jtown86 has hatched from the shell
Default Denard Robinson

so after pleading guilty to driving under suspension he will still play in the bowl game. where is his punishment.
jtown86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:47 PM   #2
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Denard Robinson

I want him in there.

Those Big 10 guys just think he is marvelous and one of the most explosive players to ever play the game of football. I'd love for him to cut back quickly and immediately see the eyes of Swearinger in his face. Or dragged to the ground by Clowney. Just totally exploded upon.

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:48 PM   #3
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtown86 View Post
where is his punishment.
Don't worry, it's coming....

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:00 PM   #4
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

He will receive his punishment. Don't worry
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:09 PM   #5
CockinAthens
Behind enemy lines

Male

CockyCash: 382300
CockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtown86 View Post
so after pleading guilty to driving under suspension he will still play in the bowl game. where is his punishment.
He only had an expired tag and a suspended license ffs... His punishment comes in the form of $935 worth of fees.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:21 PM   #6
BrutusJ
Two Deep

Male

BrutusJ is crowing loudlyBrutusJ is crowing loudlyBrutusJ is crowing loudlyBrutusJ is crowing loudlyBrutusJ is crowing loudlyBrutusJ is crowing loudlyBrutusJ is crowing loudlyBrutusJ is crowing loudlyBrutusJ is crowing loudlyBrutusJ is crowing loudlyBrutusJ is crowing loudly

Why was his license suspended to begin with?

Driving with an expired license is one thing. Driving with a suspended license is more serious.
BrutusJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:30 PM   #7
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

Clowney and Swearinger will punish him.
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:51 PM   #8
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockinAthens View Post
He only had an expired tag and a suspended license ffs... His punishment comes in the form of $935 worth of fees.
It was his 3rd time dealing with the same sort of offense. I am not saying it is major like a drug charge or assault, but having a suspended license is a pretty big deal.

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:00 PM   #9
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

I am willing to bet that missing the game would have been easier than having JD, Swag and company lighting him up.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:14 PM   #10
Lant
P90X-Man

Male

CockyCash: 30300
Lant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Lant Send a message via Yahoo to Lant

Hell. He's just trying to get out of playing. Sorry Denard you're gonna have to try harder than that.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:16 PM   #11
CockinAthens
Behind enemy lines

Male

CockyCash: 382300
CockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
It was his 3rd time dealing with the same sort of offense. I am not saying it is major like a drug charge or assault, but having a suspended license is a pretty big deal.
I've had a suspended license before, granted mine was because I was pulled over out of town, and the clerk didn't record my fine as paid after I sent it in, so my license was suspended. Was a big PITA to get it restored. So no, having a suspended license is not really a big deal, and most certainly not an offense that should cause him to be suspended from a football game.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:24 PM   #12
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockinAthens View Post
I don't understand the mentality of some that want a pound of flesh from student athletes. As you say, the criminal justice system already imposes punishments that are too excessive. No need to pile on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
I want him in there.

Those Big 10 guys just think he is marvelous and one of the most explosive players to ever play the game of football. I'd love for him to cut back quickly and immediately see the eyes of Swearinger in his face. Or dragged to the ground by Clowney. Just totally exploded upon.
I wonder if he is better than UT's Hunter or Clemson's Watkins. Maybe he is a better RB than UGA's freshman. The SEC already has athletes comprable. It is nice of our players to say that Robinson is different from what they have seen.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:06 AM   #13
gobluejeff86
Walk On

Male

gobluejeff86 is making other chickens nervousgobluejeff86 is making other chickens nervousgobluejeff86 is making other chickens nervousgobluejeff86 is making other chickens nervousgobluejeff86 is making other chickens nervousgobluejeff86 is making other chickens nervousgobluejeff86 is making other chickens nervous

If it had been drunk driving, pot, burglary, etc. I'd be the first one to call for him not to play. However, given that it's only a suspended license due to missed deadlines, I'm perfectly fine with him playing. Especially because he's been a great citizen and credit to the university during his whole time there-work with the children's hospital, attending/supporting other sporting events. Really a nice kid.

Hoke has shown he's more than willing to suspend kids, like he did with our guys for the bowl and also Toussaint against Alabama. Much like that situation, I don't think it'll make a difference in the game, still think you guys are just a better team.

FYI-I saw some video of Denard going catching a deep pass yesterday at practice, which gives me hope they will use him creatively in the bowl. Unlike the Ohio game, where our OC shamefully wasted him.
gobluejeff86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:08 AM   #14
gobluejeff86
Walk On

Male

gobluejeff86 is making other chickens nervousgobluejeff86 is making other chickens nervousgobluejeff86 is making other chickens nervousgobluejeff86 is making other chickens nervousgobluejeff86 is making other chickens nervousgobluejeff86 is making other chickens nervousgobluejeff86 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
I don't understand the mentality of some that want a pound of flesh from student athletes. As you say, the criminal justice system already imposes punishments that are too excessive. No need to pile on.

I wonder if he is better than UT's Hunter or Clemson's Watkins. Maybe he is a better RB than UGA's freshman. The SEC already has athletes comprable. It is nice of our players to say that Robinson is different from what they have seen.
He is special. He might not stand out as much as he does against other Big 10 teams, but I think you'll be surprised by how fast and elusive he really is.
gobluejeff86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:59 AM   #15
scfanohio
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
scfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobluejeff86 View Post
He is special. He might not stand out as much as he does against other Big 10 teams, but I think you'll be surprised by how fast and elusive he really is.
Can't be surprised by how fast he is. He's already told us that he's faster than Bolt.

He'll make a play or two, but don't get your hopes up. This sounds like the Clemson fans about Watkins et al. Same story, same ending.
scfanohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:05 AM   #16
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Bans shut him down, do it is possible

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:08 AM   #17
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material
Wink Re: Denard Robinson

Quote:
If it had been drunk driving, pot, burglary, etc. I'd be the first one to call for him not to play. However, given that it's only a suspended license due to missed deadlines, I'm perfectly fine with him playing. Especially because he's been a great citizen and credit to the university during his whole time there-work with the children's hospital, attending/supporting other sporting events. Really a nice kid.

Hoke has shown he's more than willing to suspend kids, like he did with our guys for the bowl and also Toussaint against Alabama. Much like that situation, I don't think it'll make a difference in the game, still think you guys are just a better team.

FYI-I saw some video of Denard going catching a deep pass yesterday at practice, which gives me hope they will use him creatively in the bowl. Unlike the Ohio game, where our OC shamefully wasted him.
Damier Byrd is similar in speed. I think both coaches have suspended a few players for this game.
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:25 AM   #18
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 16972586
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Yeah...I want him to play and I'm also slow to wish misfortune on others.
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:06 PM   #19
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Maybe. We heard the same about CB Alfonzo Dennard last year. How he was better than any CB in the SEC. The Nebraska fans scoffed when I said that Gilmore (our corner who ended up being drafted ahead of Dennard) was comparable.

Maybe Robinson is faster and more elusive than Sammy Potkins. The Clemp fans would bet you a million he is not. However, I appreciate fans that like their team's players.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:16 PM   #20
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

I bet he plays a good bit of WR this game considering it is his final college game and that is what he will play in the NFL. It will give teams something to look at that want to draft him.