CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks321
Latti
**USC vs. South Alab (16654)
TV?? (1778)
Drew Owens missing? (1318)
Clemson (894)
Awful Shooting Conti (866)
Gamecock Men Have Be (724)
Question about after (506)
Dylan Thompson surpa (349)
Prayers needed!!! (336)
How about this scena (285)
Huge recruiting weekend
**USC vs. South Alabama G
Question about after the
Dylan Thompson surpasses
Should UNC get death pena
Lineup Changes (Offense)
Could Pharoh Run the O Li
Drew Owens missing?
Senior Day
Big George Statue

Old 12-19-2012, 01:10 PM   #21
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material
Default Re: Ace Sanders Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by daviddrena View Post
I am not one to stir up drama but the way Ace talk in his interview he would prefer Dylan at QB what do you guys think.

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/index-main.html
I in no way took his comments the way you did. He is just giving an honest interview. In fact, I think he suggested that because the defense has to play honest to keep Connor from burning them on the run, more stuff will be open for the receivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Octopus View Post
i can't tell what interview you're talking about b/c that link just goes to their main page, which is constantly changing, but i do remember the interview after the clemson game (which maybe is the one you're referring to) where he was talking about how he and the other receivers were dying to prove how much of a factor they could be in a game if someone would just give them a chance. he didn't cross the line or anything, but he came real close to calling Connor out and saying that the offense needs a true QB who can get the ball into the hands of the playmakers. again, nothing over the line, but he made it pretty clear towards the end of the season that he was unhappy with how little the ball was coming out to him and the rest of the WR corps.
He is referring to the practice interview from yesterday. Just select videos and sort by football and you will find the Ace interview to which the OP was referring.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:11 PM   #22
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWall2001 View Post
I like DT. I have tons of respect for him as a person and I think he's done well when we've asked him to fill in. But remember, he still hasn't done anything against a decent defense. He has been clutch and stepped up when we needed him but he hasn't had much experience against really good teams. Doesn't mean he can't and won't flourish when given that opportunity, just that I wouldn't anoint him as best QB on our roster just yet. Would be interesting to see what he could do with more preparation.
This may be true....but tell me something. When we have seen Connor against a decent to bad defense on the road, has he played as well as Dylan did against Clemson? I don't care who starts.....just want to win. However, there is a strong case to be made for both.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:02 PM   #23
CockLurker
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 7920
CockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEPHONGILMOREFAN! View Post
Dylan> connor. Sorry. Very simple. Everyone on this board thinks they can say he "didn't play a good defense" and "Connor was hurt". Okay. If he was hurt. Sit your ass on the bench don't hurt the team by playing at 60 percent. Two, if dylan throwin for three scores and over 300 yards isn't impressive against Clemson in a rivalry game away. Then exactly how impressive was connors game against wofford? Dylan can sling the rock. Connor can throw a ball. But so can ace. And marcus. And justice. And every other player on our team. To me.. connor is an athlete playing qb. Dylan is a quarterback. The receivers respond better to dylan because they know when they get open he will throw them the ball.. why work to get open when u turn around yo see ur qb running. End of story
I was going to rebut but then I thought about the fact that, at this point last year, you were in high school. Made me chuckle.

Carry on.
CockLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:26 PM   #24
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9708333
SR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockLurker View Post
I was going to rebut but then I thought about the fact that, at this point last year, you were in high school. Made me chuckle.

Carry on.
Really the I'm Better than you because I'm older card??
SR4-AJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:35 PM   #25
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material

Quote:

Carry on.
You're right.. in high school actually starting varsity on a region winning team. Damn I probably have no idea what I'm talking about. Did you play ball? If not stfu
Old 12-19-2012, 02:49 PM   #26
GamecockSuperFan
Run 75% of the time

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

I've seen bruce and ace frustrated at times throwing their hands up when shaw takes off. It's not hard to see the passing game seems to be a little more conductive with dylan, yet he knew when to run as well. Shaw's still the guy, but I like alot of people here just wish he would get the ball out sometimes.
GamecockSuperFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:55 PM   #27
CockLurker
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 7920
CockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPit

Quote:
You're right.. in high school actually starting varsity on a region winning team. Damn I probably have no idea what I'm talking about. Did you play ball? If not stfu

CockLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:16 PM   #28
CWall2001
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 10048227
CWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by treys1986 View Post
This may be true....but tell me something. When we have seen Connor against a decent to bad defense on the road, has he played as well as Dylan did against Clemson? I don't care who starts.....just want to win. However, there is a strong case to be made for both.
Good point. Doesn't matter to me either way which is why I didn't cast my vote for either in my post. It would be interesting to see what Dylan could do with lots of reps. Regardless I am glad they are both on the team.
CWall2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:36 PM   #29
50ktight
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
50ktight is sharpening his claws50ktight is sharpening his claws50ktight is sharpening his claws50ktight is sharpening his claws50ktight is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Sigh....

I believe this as much as I believed Stephen Garcia quit drinking.

Not because the actual statement is so unbelievable, just the history of the poster.
50ktight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:12 PM   #30
Carolina22
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina22 has feathers coming inCarolina22 has feathers coming inCarolina22 has feathers coming in

of course he said that, the offense is better with dylan at qb. Connor won't throw the ball so of course the receivers like dylan better. Im sure ace isnt the only one
Carolina22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:12 PM   #31
rioninusc
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

^^ yes, It's like a GT WR who's glad when a Defense can stop their rushing attack :)

Last edited by rioninusc; 12-19-2012 at 10:59 PM.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:14 PM   #32
Carolina22
Recruit

Male

Carolina22 has feathers coming inCarolina22 has feathers coming inCarolina22 has feathers coming in

Quote:
please please tell us more about your awesome HS career!! Sounds like you are going to be holding on to that for a long time
Carolina22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:18 PM   #33
CWall2001
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 10048227
CWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudlyCWall2001 is crowing loudly

CWall2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:33 PM   #34
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material

Bruce and Damier have said the same thing. Their eyes light up at the mention of Dylan. Receivers do like to have the ball tossed, so it makes sense they would feel that way. It is not a knock on Connor.
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:53 PM   #35
R.C. Christian
Recruit

Male

R.C. Christian is developing his combR.C. Christian is developing his combR.C. Christian is developing his combR.C. Christian is developing his combR.C. Christian is developing his combR.C. Christian is developing his combR.C. Christian is developing his combR.C. Christian is developing his combR.C. Christian is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by daviddrena View Post
I was actually talking about when he was referring to the cofidence in the wr corp. How they had confidence they just needed someone to have confidence in them. You might be right though maybe I'm just thinking too much into his statments.
I totally agree with you David. I thought it sounded pretty obvious how ace felt about it. If I was a WR, I would feel the same way. He probably gets a little frustrated, running great routes, just to see Shaw not throw the damn ball. I believe that was the first, career, 100 yard game for Ace, against Clemson and he owes it all to D. T. standing tuff in the pocket, being patient and playing the position like it's supposed to be. I just hope, as well as Ace does I imagine, that Connor can do the same come the 1st. Don't get me wrong guys, I love Connor and he's won some big games for us around here but I believe if we are gonna take that next step, Connor has to get better or D.T. deserves to play more because he's proved he can run the system well.
R.C. Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:22 PM   #36
R.C. Christian
Recruit

Male

R.C. Christian is developing his combR.C. Christian is developing his combR.C. Christian is developing his combR.C. Christian is developing his combR.C. Christian is developing his combR.C. Christian is developing his combR.C. Christian is developing his combR.C. Christian is developing his combR.C. Christian is developing his comb

Quote:

Carry on.
What does him being young have to do with anything. His post was valid with nothing immature about it. Your post on the other hand, Mr. CockLurker, was childish and condescending toward one of our own, for no reason.

CockLurker........made me chuckle lol. You lurk around cock, good for you!
R.C. Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:29 PM   #37
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material

Um I played high school ball. And I hold onto that because that means I actually understand football
Old 12-19-2012, 08:35 PM   #38
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Um I played high school ball. And I hold onto that because that means I actually understand football
I don't think that means much. A lot of dudes that play HS ball don't really understand the game all that well.

I bet you were an offensive lineman. The OLman could never understand the intracicies of the passing game or zone coverages in the secondary very well at all.

PS: I am just making a point.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:38 PM   #39
sosfan812
Blue Chip

Male

sosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudlysosfan812 is crowing loudly

The truth is all in how one perceive's the facts. DT has shown that he will throw more then CS BUT he has shown that if DB's could catch the ball he would have thrown a whole bunch if interceptions ( against the tiggers it should have been 5-6 of them)> Now CS has shown that he protects the ball and doesn't make mistakes where DT has shown he will take chances but will also make mistakes and turnovers so it depends on what you want for your team in a QB to decide which one you think is better. Before anyone say's that DT hasn't had many turnovers this is only because of luck because I've seen like 8-9 interceptions he would have thrown if the db could catch.
sosfan812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:41 PM   #40
Garoon
Calmer than you are.

Male

Garoon has developed his gaff and talonsGaroon has developed his gaff and talonsGaroon has developed his gaff and talonsGaroon has developed his gaff and talonsGaroon has developed his gaff and talonsGaroon has developed his gaff and talonsGaroon has developed his gaff and talonsGaroon has developed his gaff and talonsGaroon has developed his gaff and talonsGaroon has developed his gaff and talonsGaroon has developed his gaff and talons

Betting that someone played a specific position in football, leading to the idea that he doesn't understand an aspect of the game "very well at all" when you have neither met the man, nor ever seen him, is not "just making a point." It's making a passive-aggressive assumption. You could just ask him what position he used to play, or what at least the basis of what his opinion is.

Last I checked, SGF never claimed he knew everything there was to know about the game. He's another poster offering his insight, and readers can value it or believe it how they wish.

I've never understood why readers who don't agree with another poster's opinion or doubt their insight find it necessary to crusade against him and throw civility under the bus. In sports, it's called sportsmanship, and it's seen most commonly among players of the same team (or fans of the same team).

29 - 7
(Average tooth count per individual, per fan base; example as to the former below)
Garoon is offline   Reply With Quote