CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
WeStillOwnUSC
kingofnerf
18IsTheMan
b381l
GH
uscjeremynca
simsar4
TAFC 5 1981
GarnetSwarm1990
gamecock ray
So, Dylan Thompson? (5000)
Confused fan here. (3513)
Is anybody still opt (3231)
Here's a terrifying (2409)
Predict the Season ( (2198)
Acock's Wrap Up: TAM (1732)
How were the Aggie f (1119)
David Williams?? (1031)
Could Mike Davis Be (1012)
This says it all. (887)
So, Dylan Thompson?
Predict the Season (After
Is anybody still optimist
SOS is pissed
More NCAA Stupidity: Vand
Watching other games
Will Gameday still come?
2015 Commitment - Shameik
SCHSL High School Footbal
Heck of an atmosphere

Old 12-20-2012, 12:22 AM   #41
CaptainCock91
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 495
CaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 17 year old arrested for guns on school campus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGHoskins View Post
What crime was committed outside of illegally carrying a firearm?
I never said there were any other violations. Like I said, if he just had one hunting rifle/shotgun and a hunting knife, his story would fit, so give him the minimum penalty. But given that the amount of weapons that he had seemed excessive for a weekend hunting trip, he must have known all of the weapons were there, and he needs to be punished for this.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:25 AM   #42
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

CockyCash: 26000805
RGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to RGHoskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCock91 View Post
I never said there were any other violations. Like I said, if he just had one hunting rifle/shotgun and a hunting knife, his story would fit, so give him the minimum penalty. But given that the amount of weapons that he had seemed excessive for a weekend hunting trip, he must have known all of the weapons were there, and he needs to be punished for this.
Punished for what?

- Rick H-

Rest in Peace Jaymie, aka Feistyminx and C- Girl.
RGHoskins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:01 AM   #43
LeeSC
Melvin bowls...overhand.

Male

CockyCash: 200
LeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by auslander View Post
Pistols cannot be possesed/carried by anyone under the age of 21. (Those under 21 can shoot a pistol if a person over 21 is present)

Actually the age is 18 to possess now. Although federal law still requires 21 to purchase from a "retailer or dealer".

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-502323_162-4002650.html

I can provide a link to the SLED page but the details are about halfway down a full page of info and is difficult to find right off hand.
LeeSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:11 PM   #44
CaptainCock91
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 495
CaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGHoskins View Post
Punished for what?
All of the laws that he broke by possessing these weapons in a school zone.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:01 PM   #45
nicstockman
Allway’s wright

Male

CockyCash: 30812298
nicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfreek88 View Post
didnt see this posted but a kid at my old high school in Easley was arrested on Monday when they found this in his car

http://www.theeasleyprogress.com/pag...ce=top_stories

he says it was b/c he forgot to clean his car out after hunting but whats up with the hand cuffs and taser....ive never hunt before so maybe i just dont know but those dont seem to fit

To be fair...this picture is a little misleading. At first I thought that the 200 rounds of ammo they found (mentioned in article) was real excessive but then I took a quick inventory of what I normally have with me in my bag when hunting:

1. One box of ammo for my 30.06 (25 rounds)
1. One box of ammo for my 12 guage (50 rounds)
1. One box of ammo for my 9mm sidearm (50 rounds)
1. One pocket knife that I carry on my person
1. One hunting knife that I keep in my bag
1. One knife that I keep in my truck at all times.

And if I happened to be someone who needed or used an ax regularly, it wouldn't be out of the question to have one or two in the bed of a truck (or a razor blade for that matter). Sure, he had more rounds than I normally carry and he had a stun gun that I just don't own but it wouldn't be out of the question to believe that these items were left in the vehicle after a hunting trip.

My only concern is this....the article states another student overheard him talking about how he didn't unload his car before he came to school and that student turned him in. Why was this fool talking about it?

If you happened to forget and left this stuff in your car, just keep your mouth shut, go home and clean it out when you get home. It's that simple.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:19 AM   #46
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

You guys want him to go to jail for this?? Seriously?? That doesn't seem like overkill to you? He made a mistake and you basically want to ruin his life over it.

You aren't going to convince me that a kid who had a revolver and a bunch of ammo he didn't even have the guns to shoot had any bad intentions, especially considering he only got caught because he was talking about it. I have yet to see the interview after a school shooting where somebody says, "Well I heard him talking about the assault weapons and body armor he had in his car but I didn't think he would DO anything with them."

I understand wanting to do something about school shootings, but throwing the hammer down a kid who made a mistake and was stupid enough to go blabbing about it isn't going to solve anything. News flash, people that do mass shootings usually kill themselves, they aren't worried about jail.

Between getting expelled and whatever punishment his redneck daddy has cooked up he'll probably make wiser decisions in the future.