CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
eaglegolf018
Coulwoodwarlord
ReadR00ster
SAETerrier
HelleraisingCock
JerseyBird
Cockhornleghorn
GamecockStud
bigdog2003
gamecock88
Larenz Bryant update (1695)
Joeckel Transfering (965)
Victor Hampton Arres (831)
UK's Whitlow to tran (685)
2016 - Greg Little (672)
What type of snake i (509)
response from charte (492)
Wu Tang affiliated r (426)
13 Vintage Internet (256)
Attendance next seas (221)
Joeckel Transfering from
**USC vs. The Citadel GAM
boiled peanuts
Kelcy and Vic questioned
Larenz Bryant update?
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
Softball takes 2 of 3 at
Victor Hampton Arrested
Steak and eggs
2015 - Clelin Ferrell

Old 12-20-2012, 12:18 PM   #21
cockybusiness2
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 860000
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Denard Robinson

I want him to play. To be the best, you have to beat the best
cockybusiness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:18 PM   #22
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

7 and 36 will administer his punishment.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:19 PM   #23
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybusiness2 View Post
I want him to play. To be the best, you have to beat the best
Yes.
If he doesn't play, MIchigan will have a bigger excuse to go with the suspensions.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:20 PM   #24
jcook84
Face Melter

Male

CockyCash: 2300
jcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
I want him in there.

Those Big 10 guys just think he is marvelous and one of the most explosive players to ever play the game of football. I'd love for him to cut back quickly and immediately see the eyes of Swearinger in his face.
Will be much more entertaining if he makes a quick cutback and is smacked upside the head before he sees what's happening. DJ will make him see Jesus.
jcook84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:57 PM   #25
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 35685
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
Maybe. We heard the same about CB Alfonzo Dennard last year. How he was better than any CB in the SEC. The Nebraska fans scoffed when I said that Gilmore (our corner who ended up being drafted ahead of Dennard) was comparable.

Maybe Robinson is faster and more elusive than Sammy Potkins. The Clemp fans would bet you a million he is not. However, I appreciate fans that like their team's players.

The only time Dennard stopped Alshon Jeffrey in the Cap-1 Bowl is when he picked a fight with him in the 3rd quarter.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:07 PM   #26
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 397
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
The only time Dennard stopped Alshon Jeffrey in the Cap-1 Bowl is when he picked a fight with him in the 3rd quarter.
When I rewatched the game (after getting back from Orlando!) I heard Rod Gilmore say a few times that Dennard was getting the best of Alshon. I was kinda pi$$ed about it because clearly Alshon was beating him despite tons of illegal contact by blackshirt #15! I normally like Rod, but he was clearly on his knees in front of Alphonse that day. SMH!

Old 12-20-2012, 02:10 PM   #27
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
It was his 3rd time dealing with the same sort of offense. I am not saying it is major like a drug charge or assault, but having a suspended license is a pretty big deal.
You can get a suspended license for just not paying a speeding ticket..a couple years ago i personally tried too pay a ticket over the phone with a cc..the court didnt process payments over the phone so i was told i had too pay in person..that was irritating.

i was busy as crap with work and couldnt get there. i planned to go the next day but it was a holiday..my license was suspended on a saturday..i tried to pay it but...

so, its bad luck but not horrific.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:27 PM   #28
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

I'm not saying you are a criminal if you have a suspended license. However, Robinson sounds as if he likely KNEW it was suspended...since he had already been arrested before for driving with no insurance and other issues.

Overall point- it wasn't some "oops". It was a "hope I don't get caught".

Either way, I couldn't really care less because I want him to play.

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:25 PM   #29
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy66 View Post
When I rewatched the game (after getting back from Orlando!) I heard Rod Gilmore say a few times that Dennard was getting the best of Alshon. I was kinda pi$$ed about it because clearly Alshon was beating him despite tons of illegal contact by blackshirt #15! I normally like Rod, but he was clearly on his knees in front of Alphonse that day. SMH!

He loved Clemson when during the game this year too...
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 04:28 PM   #30
imabeastonu
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material

i got pulled over with a suspended license and went to jail. idk how denard isnt getting in trouble. am i missing something?
imabeastonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 04:34 PM   #31
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by imabeastonu View Post
i got pulled over with a suspended license and went to jail. idk how denard isnt getting in trouble. am i missing something?
Probably because he is a QB for the University of Michigan?
Old 12-20-2012, 05:53 PM   #32
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

I hate playing against teams when one or more of the opponent's big
guns are not playing. Win or Lose I want to play teams who are at
full strength. We've been on both ends before, and we've also played
short handed a lot.

Robinson looks like an outstanding player, and he may present some
problems, but we've seen players as talented on what seems like a
daily basis every year. Unless he has one of those Super Phenominal
games that players have on occasion, he won't be anything different
than what we've played against before.

Hoping for a good game, with no injuries and of course, A Gamecock Victory
Old 12-20-2012, 08:04 PM   #33
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy66 View Post

He toned it down a lot after Alshon burned him on that long TD just before the half. At that point, the dude realized that Dennard didn't have a prayer covering Alshon.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:36 PM   #34
Lalli25
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
He toned it down a lot after Alshon burned him on that long TD just before the half. At that point, the dude realized that Dennard didn't have a prayer covering Alshon.
First play of the game should have been a 80 yard TD to Jeffries. Alshon was open a lot and we just didn't get him the ball.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:16 AM   #35
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
First play of the game should have been a 80 yard TD to Jeffries. Alshon was open a lot and we just didn't get him the ball.
Must have gotten it to him some since he won the mvp. Still, I agree, it could have been a lot worse for Dennard. I blame the Nebraska coaches for trying to cover Alshon with Dennard without a lot of safety help. They, like the Nebraska fans, had an over-inflated opinion of his ability.

Hopefully, Robinson is in that same category. If not, I'm sure they will put Holloman and/or Swearinger on him. Dude is going to get a wake up call imo.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:08 AM   #36
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

My daughter got handcuffed and put in the backseat of a police cruiser because she was driving with a suspended license, but didn't know it. There was some kind of mix-up with the DMV or something and they recorded her license as suspended when it shouldn't have been. I can't remember if they took her to the station or not.
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:44 AM   #37
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
Bans shut him down, do it is possible
Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post

SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:53 AM   #38
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Speaking of Dennard, I still don't understand how he's starting in the NFL, he beat up a cop.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:55 AM   #39
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
Gilmore didn't do our game this year.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:36 AM   #40
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Maybe. We heard the same about CB Alfonzo Dennard last year. How he was better than any CB in the SEC. The Nebraska fans scoffed when I said that Gilmore (our corner who ended up being drafted ahead of Dennard) was comparable.

Maybe Robinson is faster and more elusive than Sammy Potkins. The Clemp fans would bet you a million he is not. However, I appreciate fans that like their team's players.
Watkins was.very elusive the last two sc games. It seemed like he wasn't on the field

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote