CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Master Bedroom
Gamecocks1137
garnet_black215
CockyRyan
Regalcock
GamecockSuperFan
WeStillOwnUSC
StormOfTalons
MWard
Clemson Recruiting.. (3423)
Gamecocks (-10.5) vs (1572)
Ranking the Opposing (1441)
Clowney Spares RB Bi (1173)
Not a Rival.. (1078)
Gamecock Coaches as (957)
NCAA Football 15 (581)
Hello Gamecocks! (527)
Marching band (460)
John Rocker at rock (384)
2015 - Mon Denson
2015 - Traveon Samuel
Clemson Recruiting...how
2015 Commitment - Damon A
John Rocker at rock botto
Lattimore Sidelined By Le
Good Article on Auburn's
Ranking the Opposing Fanb
Website Design Help
Clowney Spares RB Big Hit

Old 12-20-2012, 10:28 AM   #1
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material
Default Random acts of kindness

http://mommyhasapottymouth.com/rando...kindness-3009/

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:58 PM   #2
MBGCock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1110145
MBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Random acts of kindness

I wen't out on the boat one day and lost my wallet. Thought it was gone forever but one day my mom calls me and says that a man dropped off my wallet that he found at the dock. Still had all my money in it with all my other things. I asked if he was still at the door so I could atleast give him the money that I had in there, but he had already left.
MBGCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:09 PM   #3
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

I have a toll transponder but I frequently go through the pay lane and pay for the next car or so behind me.

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:01 PM   #4
Jeff45ACP
I give girls the finger

Male

CockyCash: 6300
Jeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff45ACP

I nearly always try to help someone out who is having car trouble, even if my automotive knowledge is limited. Friends have also told me before that I seem approachable, so that's maybe why I always end up giving a hand when I can, but I will try to help in whatever way I can when the situation arises. Two instances at the Rock Hill Petro Express (or whatever it is now) at Celanese stick out:

I stopped for gas one Sunday morning after I had just moved out my girl at the time's apartment. A lady in her mid 50's pumping gas beside me asked me about directions to Florida. I told her I wasn't exactly sure, except joking to go south on 77. Told me she was following her daughter and grandchildren in their car from somewhere in Virginia, I believe and had got separated. Anyways, she was obviously worried about meeting up with them, and just started balling. (Not everyone had cell phones then, and GPS was non-existent) She was flat hysterical and just started crying my arms. Only thing I knew to do was just hold her and calm her down. She had an address, so after after the everything was going to be ok bit, I gave her a map of the SE I had and just kept assuring her that she would meet up with them soon.

Same gas station, several years later, I was stopping for smokes before hitting the town that night. I noticed a guy had his hood up on his car as I went in, and kind of paid it little attention. On the way out, I notice the guy kinda looking lost and chatting with his wife in the car. I decided to walk over, and the guy said that he had been having battery trouble on his trip. Again another person heading home to Florida, and he knew he needed a new battery, but didn't know where to get one. I told him about Pep Boys over there on Cherry Rd, but it was getting late, and I knew if he called a cab, it'd be closed by the time he got there. So I offered him a ride, which I had to talk him into. Of course they were closed, even by the time I run him over there, but I took him over to K-Mart on a whim, which I was surprised even had batteries at that time. Anyways, I brought him back and offered to help him with the switch out, but he insisted I go hit the town and he had bothered me enough. tried to give me like $40, I think, which I refused. After some debate, he finally gave me his business card. He gave chartered fishing tours somewhere in Fla, and told me if I was ever down that way, he'd take me out for a day, no charge because he damn sure wouldn't forget this. Never have been back down that way since I was kid, but until a few years ago, I still had that card in my wallet.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:26 PM   #5
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Once at the end of a winter workday I was driving through the community of Horatio in Sumter county (in the middle of nowhere) in a freaking downpour! I saw a pick up with the hood up and a guy bent over the engine. I stopped and asked if he needed a jump and he said yes, so I did. He asked me what he owed me and I said " you need to get home safely. That's what you owe me."

I like doing things like that when I am able to.