CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecockgal
NinjaSven
Rebel4ever
BlakelyH19
roosterdude21
Carolina-Beez
kevhugh
Cockyteg
eatlighting
Lankey62
Spurrier was Embaras (2149)
ECU is a good team (1648)
Spurrier not happy s (1634)
Is it possible for o (1547)
Why we'll dominate C (1402)
More David Williams (1385)
Lammons out (1093)
Alabama vs Florida. (1084)
ECU is a good team (974)
Our wide receivers w (799)
Curse of the Chicken
Vandy Highlights
More David Williams Pleas
Is it possible for our Sp
Spurrier not happy so why
Glad We Won
Why we'll dominate Clemso
Spurrier was Embarassed
Well, as it turns out, we
Why Weren't We Better Pre

Old 12-20-2012, 12:46 PM   #61
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: C. Cooper knee injury

It would be nice to land 1-2 more quality LBs.... that is going to be the biggest concern for 2013
Old 12-20-2012, 12:50 PM   #62
talon
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2400
talon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPit

shame I was looking foreword to see how well he would do this spring
acl injuries seem to be an epidemic in all sports
in football they will increase with the emphasis on eliminating high hits
talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:51 PM   #63
gamecockphilip
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1450
gamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPit

Such a shame, Cedric is an extremely high character guy and is going to be a leader
gamecockphilip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:52 PM   #64
Jamie61190
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Jamie61190 has developed his gaff and talonsJamie61190 has developed his gaff and talonsJamie61190 has developed his gaff and talonsJamie61190 has developed his gaff and talonsJamie61190 has developed his gaff and talonsJamie61190 has developed his gaff and talonsJamie61190 has developed his gaff and talonsJamie61190 has developed his gaff and talonsJamie61190 has developed his gaff and talonsJamie61190 has developed his gaff and talonsJamie61190 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via AIM to Jamie61190

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
we will be fine for 13'. we only need 4 guys total..kaiwan and cooper will headline so we just need two more.
Now that Cooper is out for a while, we now need 3 more just to have enough bodies to play and have to hope they stay healthy throughout the season. Its not the greatest situation to be in.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:56 PM   #65
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockphilip View Post
Such a shame, Cedric is an extremely high character guy and is going to be a leader
Yea, feel awful for him
Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:38 PM   #66
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 521
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery View Post
At least at this point the training staff members are becoming experts on knee rehab.
They already are that's why they are athletic trainers this isn't new to them
Old 12-20-2012, 02:17 PM   #67
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Chicken View Post
Man this is a big blow, for next season
Huge blow! This really sucks for next year

I wish quin smith would of taken a redshirt last year. I know he contributed but he would of been a full time starter in 2013.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:17 PM   #68
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Yeah or Jeffrey. Someone needed to pull a hammy and get a med-red. C'mon Botkin. Think man! haha.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:33 PM   #69
bhs04
high motor

Male

bhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his comb

Something I haven't heard mentioned, what about Chaun Gresham?

I heard he was gonna graduate and not use his redshirt senior year of eligibility, but does he think about changing his mind now.

I know he doesn't have a lot of experience, but it could be argued now that he would be an extra body, at least. And while his age doesn't give us experience in the linebacking corp., I think there is something to be said about the level of maturity that he might bring to that group as a whole.

A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS.
bhs04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:35 PM   #70
bhs04
high motor

Male

bhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his comb

And also, marquis roberts. Maybe put him back with the linebacking group and let him cross train at linebacker as well as our spur.

Old 12-20-2012, 03:42 PM   #71
EveryThingGreen
#blahblahblah

Male

EveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhs04 View Post
Something I haven't heard mentioned, what about Chaun Gresham?

I heard he was gonna graduate and not use his redshirt senior year of eligibility, but does he think about changing his mind now.

I know he doesn't have a lot of experience, but it could be argued now that he would be an extra body, at least. And while his age doesn't give us experience in the linebacking corp., I think there is something to be said about the level of maturity that he might bring to that group as a whole.
He hasn't played any football at USC, a 5th year is not going to work.

Marquis Roberts has missed a ton of time because of injuries. Spring will be the first time he is working with the team since he has been at USC. Even then, he is listed at 206lbs currently, he has a long way to go before he is SEC LB size.

I would like to see Kelvin Rainey on defense this Spring, hopefully he wants to make it happen as well.
EveryThingGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:52 PM   #72
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Gresham walked with the Seniors on Senior Day .. I doubt he is coming back.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:36 PM   #73
bhs04
high motor

Male

Yea that's why I thought he was givin up his "redshirt" status. Because of his walking with the seniors. Thought the recent events may have changed his mind.

And yea I know Roberts has missed time, but I thought he was 215 at the start of the season with the thought process being that because he had a knee injury, he may have hung out in the weight room and put on a few pounds to get up to 230 or something.

Old 12-20-2012, 10:59 PM   #74
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhs04 View Post
Yea that's why I thought he was givin up his "redshirt" status. Because of his walking with the seniors. Thought the recent events may have changed his mind.

And yea I know Roberts has missed time, but I thought he was 215 at the start of the season with the thought process being that because he had a knee injury, he may have hung out in the weight room and put on a few pounds to get up to 230 or something.
Roberts was 205 when he came in. Fairly certain he is at 215lbs. I think he is the guy we are going to need to step up.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:14 PM   #75
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

dammit.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:36 PM   #76
uscfan1
Storyteller

Male

uscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot material

I can't help but think its poor recruiting to let a team in the sec get in this kind if bind of not having enough lbs on the team. What the hell.
uscfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:30 AM   #77
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Well we only play two. You guys assume we need 8 linebackers. It we can get 4 ready to play by the fall we will be fine on bodies. Holloman, Lewis, maybe Rainey, and one of the freshmen is plenty.

Our defense revolves around the defensive line and secondary. The linebackers just need to play their assignment and not screw it up for everyone else.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 12-22-2012, 10:49 AM   #78
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

I agree. people are going nuts..lewis, johnson, turner, bryant, holloman will be fine..throw in a rainey and its good. young, but good.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:53 AM   #79
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Before the Cooper injury we knew that Cooper, Holloman, Lewis, and Bryant were going to play. Essentially we could be subbing Cooper for Rainey who was a standout in his own right in high school as a LB. I think we will be fine.

Old 12-22-2012, 10:59 AM   #80
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

We are losing a lot of production from our linebackers + spur. 3 of the top 4 tacklers (That is as it should be).We are also losing Swearinger- a hawk in run support. The coverage, and assignment aspects alone can be tough for a good athlete. Botkin has a big job getting Shaq, Bowens, Holloman, and Jeffrey replaced.

Last edited by Goofyboy; 12-22-2012 at 11:12 AM.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote