CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
4Runner
kingofnerf
robgusc76
gamecockgal
Storm Of Spurs
Spurticus
ReadR00ster
CBS: SOS to Florida? (3343)
Juco QBs? (1248)
SDS grades the Furma (945)
we can STILL win the (941)
Auburn/USC point spr (858)
How do you want Aubu (754)
Whenever I Get Depre (676)
If the Head Ball Coa (593)
Mike Davis Stiff Arm (354)
When did it change ? (265)
How do you want Auburn to
Cann tipping plays?
Auburn/USC point spread
CBS: SOS to Florida?
Shamiek Sheppard (2014 Pr
If the Head Ball Coach re
Juco QBs?
Williams and Mitch
we can STILL win the east
Just started playing &quo

Old 12-20-2012, 08:45 PM   #81
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material
Default Re: My latest installment of past game updates...

finally looked at the replay of the play ace was complaining about in the endzone on 3rd down which led to a fg try for us. ace got hooked by the defender as ace went by him, otherwise where dylan placed the ball would likely have been a td.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:46 PM   #82
Dizzy01
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post
And still waiting..

None of those 3 SEC teams were better than Clemsux, and Neb was a neutral site... come on you should be better than that
How about name a team better than Georgia that Thompson has beaten anywhere.
Dizzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:15 AM   #83
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gripitandripit2007 View Post
Thanks for seeing my point on the little bit that Dylan has played and Connor being much proven...but with the part i am having a hard time with is...how can you say Dylan passes the eye test and Connor doesn't? I can show you FAR more mid range passes that Connor has completed than Dylan and the numbers show that Connor has done more than Dylan.

And you honestly think that Dylan would have won the LSU game...an away game at the most hostile place he has ever heard and the best D he has ever faced BY FAR?! I don't see it! Did you see what Dylan did against Florida in the 2nd half? ANd that was MAINLY against their 3rd and 4th string D..and he still couldn't move the ball...and LSU's D is MUCH better than Floridas! Connor put up 2 TD's against them...the HEISMAN WINNER couldn't throw a pass TD against them and threw 3 picks. Our D...for the first time all year...failed to stop the run that game giving up 250+ yds rushing...i think we missed KQ that game was the biggest key to losing that game. Connor threw the late pick that cost us...but we would have never been in that situation if he wouldn't have led us down to score the drive before that
Please go back and re-read my post.
1. LSU's defense is not better than Florida's defense.....you lose all credibility on that point alone.
2. Connor cannot stay in the pocket and let the patterns develop. He cannot throw on time. He cannot go through his progressions. Good defenses would keep him the pocket, make him throw and render him ineffective. Connor's best attribute is his running, not passing, and it is impossible to beat good teams with just a running QB with a mediocre arm.
3. If Dylan had gotten reps with the 1's the week of the Florida game, that game would have been totally different. Not saying we would have won, but we would have had a better chance.
4. We were a poor running team this year. Why is that. Because defenses brought 7-8 men to the LOS and dared us to throw which we did OK but not great.
5. Look, I'm very happy with our season this year. But we win because we have a very good defense and Connor did not turn the ball over much.
6. Did you see the Wofford game. We had rushing yards of 171 and passing yards of 122......these passing yards came against a very poor Wofford defensive secondary. This was pitiful.
7. There was only marginal improvement from Connor's 2011 play compared to 2012.

By the way, the reason we beat Nebraska so handily last year was because Nebraska only had like 50 yards in the second half.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:33 AM   #84
GetemGamecocks
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
GetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervousGetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervousGetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervousGetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervousGetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervousGetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervousGetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
7. There was only marginal improvement from Connor's 2011 play compared to 2012.
CONNOR freaking SHAW was HURT during pretty much the entire 2012 season. Does this not register with some of you? Sure, Clowney was hurt for a while too, but not all injuries are equal, and Clowney is not a quarterback.

Steve Spurrier knows more about football and quarterbacking than any of us. He noticed that Thompson played well against Clemson (good not great). If Shaw reverts to his old patterns (i.e. the hurt CS during regular 2012 season) during the bowl game, Thompson is going in. If Shaw continues to run away to early without success, Thompson is going in. Hell, Thompson is probably coming in anyways as he has earned it.

It would not surprise me one bit if Shaw plays QB for over 93.0% of downs during a victory over Michigan.

Thompson has looked damn good, but Shaw is the most experienced QB we have. Shaw's experience adds another level of play that you want against a good team like Michigan. As good (and as young) as Thompson is, he is prone to mistakes and turnovers against a hungry defense...and no, Clemson's defense was not hungry, they were terrible...and they almost intercepted Thompson 3 times; aka Clemson's DBs dropped the interceptions.
GetemGamecocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:02 AM   #85
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip

Male

gripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via Yahoo to gripitandripit2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Please go back and re-read my post.
1. LSU's defense is not better than Florida's defense.....you lose all credibility on that point alone.
2. Connor cannot stay in the pocket and let the patterns develop. He cannot throw on time. He cannot go through his progressions. Good defenses would keep him the pocket, make him throw and render him ineffective. Connor's best attribute is his running, not passing, and it is impossible to beat good teams with just a running QB with a mediocre arm.
3. If Dylan had gotten reps with the 1's the week of the Florida game, that game would have been totally different. Not saying we would have won, but we would have had a better chance.
4. We were a poor running team this year. Why is that. Because defenses brought 7-8 men to the LOS and dared us to throw which we did OK but not great.
5. Look, I'm very happy with our season this year. But we win because we have a very good defense and Connor did not turn the ball over much.
6. Did you see the Wofford game. We had rushing yards of 171 and passing yards of 122......these passing yards came against a very poor Wofford defensive secondary. This was pitiful.

By the way, the reason we beat Nebraska so handily last year was because Nebraska only had like 50 yards in the second half.
1. LSUs D & Floridas D are comparable...I was thinking LSU played better offensive teams but they are both very similar...but going by what each did against Manziel...LSUs D looked better
2. Impossible to beat good teams? Was Georgia not a good team?
3. Going off of what?! How he played in the 2nd half?! Or how he played against ECU, UAB, or Clemsux's D?!
4. MOST of the time good D's are gonna shut down good QB's...that's how important good D's are. Against bad D's both of QBs did pretty good...Connor prove better and while injured at that
5. Happy about the season too...and happy we have an efficient QB who is smart with the ball & doesn't throw many picks
6. Yes I did see the Wofford game...we had a bd game. The D couldn't stop the trip opt & let them run for 250+ yds...and that eats up a lot of clock. Connor only attempted 20 pass attempts that game. And btw...Woffords D was ranked 4th in the FCS in overall D...don't sound too poor to me
7. Connor was hurt all year this year & still managed to finish 12th in the country in QB rating. That is impressive! Does he need to improve...of course! Every player has room for improvement. Is he the best PROVEN QB on this team...OF COURSE!!

WIN ANYWAY!!

gripitandripit2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:11 AM   #86
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip

Male

gripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetemGamecocks View Post
CONNOR freaking SHAW was HURT during pretty much the entire 2012 season. Does this not register with some of you? Sure, Clowney was hurt for a while too, but not all injuries are equal, and Clowney is not a quarterback.

Steve Spurrier knows more about football and quarterbacking than any of us. He noticed that Thompson played well against Clemson (good not great). If Shaw reverts to his old patterns (i.e. the hurt CS during regular 2012 season) during the bowl game, Thompson is going in. If Shaw continues to run away to early without success, Thompson is going in. Hell, Thompson is probably coming in anyways as he has earned it.

It would not surprise me one bit if Shaw plays QB for over 93.0% of downs during a victory over Michigan.

Thompson has looked damn good, but Shaw is the most experienced QB we have. Shaw's experience adds another level of play that you want against a good team like Michigan. As good (and as young) as Thompson is, he is prone to mistakes and turnovers against a hungry defense...and no, Clemson's defense was not hungry, they were terrible...and they almost intercepted Thompson 3 times; aka Clemson's DBs dropped the interceptions.
^^^^THIS^^^^

And actually...Dylan could had very easily thrown 6 pics after going back & watching it again

WIN ANYWAY!!

Old 12-21-2012, 02:18 AM   #87
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip

Male

From today's practice report:

"Connor is getting as healthy as he's been in a while," noted quarterbacks coach G.A. Mangus. "He's looked good. (The quarterbacks) had good tempo and good enthusiasm about them. (Connor) has had a pretty good stretch of staying off (his injured foot), hopefully that will pay off. Connor's been the starter. He's earned it. It's nice to have a couple guys who can go in there and play. That hadn't been the case necessarily over the last few years. Both will play (against Michigan)."

WIN ANYWAY!!

Old 12-21-2012, 02:35 AM   #88
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Some fickle bitches up in here.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:33 AM   #89
SimpleGamecock
Recruit

Male

SimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talons

To be fair you say Dylan could have thrown 3-6 picks against Clemson but he didnt and I also noticed Georgia was brought up as the rebuttal well if that is the case then you should add Connor could have been picked off on the first drive but Damiere stole that ball out of the air just like Alshon snatched that Hail Mary against Nebraska.....Connor is a good QB but you cannot say Dylan was the only one lucky on some of his passes
SimpleGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:04 AM   #90
snoopcockycock
Banned

Male

snoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Funny that you mention logic- when reading your posts I see none there.

And I love the guy saying the Heisman winner did worse vs UF than Shaw.. all that says to me is that Johnny Football was seriously overrated, and had one game vs Bama that gave him the trophy.. I guess ..

All we needed this year was a true QB field general who protected the football and we would be in the BCS. Shaw is a great leader, gritty, and a great football player. But great QB he is not, and it showed this year, injured or not- he made many mental errors that had us screaming (like get rid of the GD football!)
you appear to be one of the dumbest persons i have ever read a post from. first, it doesn't surprise me at all that you can't find logic. i'd actually be surprised if you could pronounce it. there is a theme to your point of view, and it screams moronic. professionals who get paid to work within the sport seem to believe that johnnie football was the best player in the sport, but wait, hold the presses, we should instead listen to this idiot on an internet message board!!!
"All we needed this year was a true QB field general who protected the football and we would be in the BCS." really? and what qualifications in all of your circle K experience leads you to believe you know better than a heisman trophy winning, hall of fame coach who actually gets paid over three million a year to actually make these decisions? "injured or not" oh, so playing with a fractured scapula doesn't have an effect on a player who throws the ball, and takes hits when running? seriously? fact: there are people in the world who are too stupid to insult. do you get that? is it getting through? so you, a well bread athlete, jumps around your trailer all game long, and screams at the television, because shaw doesn't do what you want him to do. hmmmmmmmm... yeah, you are the authority on logic.
finally, i understand that it is hard for you to read. so do all of us and yourself a favor and stop trying.

Last edited by snoopcockycock; 12-21-2012 at 08:52 AM.
snoopcockycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:14 AM   #91
gagent2
Walk On

Male

gagent2 has earned his spursgagent2 has earned his spursgagent2 has earned his spursgagent2 has earned his spursgagent2 has earned his spursgagent2 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopcockycock View Post
you appear to be one of the dumbest persons i have ever read a post from. first, it doesn't surprise me at all that you can't find logic. i'd actually be surprised if you could pronounce it. there is a theme to your point of view, and it screams moronic. professionals who get paid to work within the sport seem to believe that johnnie football was the best player in the sport, but wait, hold the presses, we should instead listen to this idiot on an internet message board!!!
"All we needed this year was a true QB field general who protected the football and we would be in the BCS." really? and what qualifications in all of your circle K experience leads you to believe you know better than a heisman trophy winning, hall of fame coach who actually gets paid over three million a year to actually make these decisions? "injured or not" oh, so playing with a fractured scapula doesn't have an effect on a player who throws the ball, and takes hits when running? seriously? fact: there are people in the world who are too stupid to insult. do you get that? is it getting through? so you, a well bread athlete, jumps around your trailer all game long, and screams at the television, because shaw doesn't do what you want him to do. hmmmmmmmm... yeah, you are the authority on logic.
finally, i understand that it is hard for you to read. so don all of us and yourself a favor and stop trying.
Would you quit beating around the bush and tell us how you really feel?
gagent2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:52 AM   #92
snoopcockycock
Banned

Male

snoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagent2 View Post
Would you quit beating around the bush and tell us how you really feel?
sorry, sometimes i get a little fired up when some ill-informed poster spouts off at the mouth. but when there's nothing else going on, it can make for good sports board drama. i just like stirring the pot, so we have something to do while waiting for the real bowls to begin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleGamecock View Post
To be fair you say Dylan could have thrown 3-6 picks against Clemson but he didnt and I also noticed Georgia was brought up as the rebuttal well if that is the case then you should add Connor could have been picked off on the first drive but Damiere stole that ball out of the air just like Alshon snatched that Hail Mary against Nebraska.....Connor is a good QB but you cannot say Dylan was the only one lucky on some of his passes
i am happy to say that connor under threw that pass, and rambo had a shot at it, but so did dameire. in thompson's SIX during the clempscum game, the db was the only one to have a shot at it. the wr's weren't close. and in the nebraska game no one was close to that ball from the defense. alshon was the only one with a chance for it. and for the poster who posted something along the lines of dylan's supposed int's didn't turn out to be... only because the clempscum db's just absolutely dropped those balls. i mean, they hit them right in the numbers.
listen, as i've said many times, i like dylan. he is a good backup. but try to open your eyes and READ WHAT THE COACHES ARE ACTUALLY SAYING RIGHT NOW!!!! CONNOR GIVES US THE BEST CHANCE TO WIN. HE IS OUR STARTING QB. how hard is that to get through those thick skulls????????

Last edited by snoopcockycock; 12-21-2012 at 09:23 AM.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:55 AM   #93
klempsux
So down with OPP

Male

CockyCash: 531
klempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot material

Quote:
HE IS OUR STARTING QB. how hard is that to get through those thick skulls????????
I think we're all going to get an answer to that at halftime on the first. Then again at spring practice and maybe in the fall. This is a legit competition that has arisen between the two, should make both better.
klempsux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:15 AM   #94
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
sorry, sometimes i get a little fired up when some ill-informed poster spouts off at the mouth. but when there's nothing else going on, it can make for good sports board drama. i just like stirring the pot, so we have something to do while waiting for the real bowls to begin.

i am happy to say that connor under threw that pass, and rambo had a shot at it, but so did dameire. in thompson's SIX during the clempscum game, the db was the only one to have a shot at it. the wr's weren't close. and in the nebraska game no one was close to that ball from the defense. alshon was the only one with a chance for it. and for the poster who posted something along the lines of dylan's supposed int's didn't turn out to be... only because the clempscum db's just absolutely dropped those balls. i mean, they hit them right in the numbers.
listen, as i've said many times, i like dylan. he is a good backup. but try to open your eyes and READ WHAT THE COACHES ARE ACTUALLY SAYING RIGHT NOW!!!! CONNOR GIVES US THE BEST CHANCE TO WIN. HE IS OUR STARTING QB. how hard is that to get through those thick skulls????????

Very well said...pretty much what I was gonna respond with but you pretty much introduced the hammer to the nail head...especially the part about our coaches. As coach Mangus said that i posted earlier...Connor has earned the starting job...which means he has PROVEN to give us the better chance to win. Like I have said in previous posts...I think our fans are blinded of who the better QB is bc of our high expectations this year...especially all the hype of us possibly going undefeated & being a top 5 team...and the losses seem to fall on the QBs shoulders for some reason (never really got that...he don't even play half of the game...how can it be all his fault?)...anyway...I think a lot of our fans blame Connor for the 2 disappointing losses against top 10 teams on a 3 game VERY DIFFICULT road stretch (amazing how far our program has come...wanting to change QBs after going 10-2) but still what it boils down to Connor has proven a lot more than Dylan & I think a healthy Connor will prove to all the doubters who hasnt saw what he is capable of starting in the bowl game and continued in to next year

WIN ANYWAY!!

Old 12-21-2012, 11:31 AM   #95
SimpleGamecock
Recruit

Male

SimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
but try to open your eyes and READ WHAT THE COACHES ARE ACTUALLY SAYING RIGHT NOW!!!! CONNOR GIVES US THE BEST CHANCE TO WIN. HE IS OUR STARTING QB. how hard is that to get through those thick skulls????????

I get that and as I metioned earlier I support either one of them but my point was every QB throws borderline passes sometimes. And I know Connor is the starting QB I am not disputing that, my word does not change Spurrier's or Mangus's view but this is a discussion board and I am suggesting I would like to see the offense open up more behind Connor. I think we are loaded with talent at WR and we need to keep them involved.
SimpleGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:34 PM   #96
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
... a well bread athlete, jumps around your trailer all game long, and screams ....
Note to self: when insulting somebody for being super-stupid, make sure all words in post are correctly spelled.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:45 PM   #97
Cheezy
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1001240
Cheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot material

What snoopy is trying to say is that we should never discuss football on a football discussion forum. We may only post articles and messages that come directly from coaches or the athletic department, and we must not question any decisions made by the team, even hypothetically in typical message board fashion.
Cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:14 PM   #98
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheezy View Post
What snoopy is trying to say is that we should never discuss football on a football discussion forum. We may only post articles and messages that come directly from coaches or the athletic department, and we must not question any decisions made by the team, even hypothetically in typical message board fashion.

hahahaha brilliant post.

"gripitandripit2007".. I think you are the same person as this snoopy character, neither of ya'll seem to have heard of paragraphs. It helps people better understand your point.

For you to say that Shaw is smart and efficient is laughable. He is smart and gritty, but efficient? Not knowing to get rid of the ball under pressure is not efficient at ALL. Consistently not making full reads and just taking off is not efficient. Under throwing our fast receivers is not efficient.

Yes he was the QB of a 10-2 team, but you act like it's only because of him that we were that good. It was because we had the greatest player in the nation, a nasty defense, great ST players, and an amazing RB (not to mention our head coach).
Old 12-21-2012, 10:50 PM   #99
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
hahahaha brilliant post.

"gripitandripit2007".. I think you are the same person as this snoopy character, neither of ya'll seem to have heard of paragraphs. It helps people better understand your point.

For you to say that Shaw is smart and efficient is laughable. He is smart and gritty, but efficient? Not knowing to get rid of the ball under pressure is not efficient at ALL. Consistently not making full reads and just taking off is not efficient. Under throwing our fast receivers is not efficient.

Yes he was the QB of a 10-2 team, but you act like it's only because of him that we were that good. It was because we had the greatest player in the nation, a nasty defense, great ST players, and an amazing RB (not to mention our head coach).
Sorry Train...I didn't come on here to use perfect English & double check to make sure I use perfect paragraph form...I am typing what's off the top of my head...not trying to pass an English test. If you can't understand what I am saying...feel free to ask.

His QBR alone shows he is efficient...he don't just throw it up when pressure is on him like previous QBs we have had...he makes sure it is there & throws less pics by doing so. Could he get rid of it quicker? Yes. Would I rather him hang on to it a little longer & live to see another down than throw a pic...DEFINITELY!!!

Please show me an example where I act like its only bc of him?! Did u not read any posts earlier where I said a QB don't make a team? Or was that a post you didn't understand bc it wasnt in "perfect paragraph form?!" Hahahah

WIN ANYWAY!!

Old 12-22-2012, 07:34 AM   #100
snoopcockycock
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheezy View Post
no, actually if you read my post, you would see that i prefer to stir up discussion. but part of that discussion should be backing up your pov with facts, not just a feeling or just what it looks like to someone.
saying that dylan is the better passer because he looks better, even though his completion percentage is almost 20 points lower than connor's is ridiculous. saying dylan is a better all around qb than connor, because he passes the eyeball test, even though shaw has a much better qbr... well, you get the point.