CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
SouthCGC
No Curse
GoldenSpur7
18IsTheMan
everhopefulfan
Cocks N Stuff
Spurrier_Superior_On
GamecockUltimate
lake-cityCOCK89
peterlemon
My Observations Abou (1565)
Kevin Sumlin Thought (1535)
Step back from the l (1149)
My outside view (891)
How far do we fall.. (768)
Shon Carson at KR (672)
Gurley lined up to t (640)
Shaq Roland (629)
Who else wants to se (605)
Kelcy and Victor Ham (471)
Confused fan here. Why i
Gurley lined up to take U
Kevin Sumlin Thoughts.
Does anyone else think th
***2014 Carolina Panthers
Seems like a lot of troll
What's your take on our a
Kelcy and Victor Hampton
Looking ahead to UGA
aTm vs Clemson

Old 12-21-2012, 04:55 PM   #1
uscgmck
Coming back home, one day

Male

CockyCash: 100500
uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material
Default Chip Kelly upsets boosters at O

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon...kelly/1780429/
uscgmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:09 PM   #2
Cigaro
I drink your milkshake

Male

CockyCash: 50092224
Cigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot material
Default Re: Chip Kelly upsets boosters at O

Hopefully if this really is a common feeling among their boosters, they get what they ask for. It may be simply a few select boosters got highlighted for an interesting article, but seriously, if he has you as successful as he has Oregon, who cares if he doesn't come to your house parties? I personally can't remember any time that Oregon was as competitive as they are now, if boosters want to piss this away because he doesn't play golf with them and doesn't go to the booster club meetings, then they don't deserve furthered success (of course that would suck for the average fan).

On a realistic note, with the NCAA investigations and NFL interest, whether they like him or not he may be gone soon.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:13 PM   #3
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Interesting what some boosters value as their ROI. When I give money to the University athletics, my main focus is "I hope this money is going to translate to wins." I could give a damn if I play golf with Spurrier...although, I wouldn't turn down the invitation ;)...whether or not I give $5K or $500K.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:16 PM   #4
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Hopefully if this really is a common feeling among their boosters, they get what they ask for. It may be simply a few select boosters got highlighted for an interesting article, but seriously, if he has you as successful as he has Oregon, who cares if he doesn't come to your house parties? I personally can't remember any time that Oregon was as competitive as they are now

Boy you must have a short memory, they were a great great team in the early 2000's, IMO better than now... Joey Harrington, Jonathon Stewart, etc- those teams were awesome
Old 12-21-2012, 05:17 PM   #5
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Off topic, but I saw that O got a commit from a strong HS punter from Porter Ridge NC. They were the only "major" school to offer but his list of interesteds is pretty long. Matt Wogan. As we know, most teams don't offer schollies to kickers that often. We showed interest as did clempson and others I'm guessing as a walk on.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/oregon/footb...t-Wogan-141711
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:20 PM   #6
Carolina_Harv
Displaced and Disgruntled

Male

CockyCash: 10088029
Carolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot material

Wow......fans always have something to complain about........Someone needs to tell them the grass most likely is not greener on the other side. If they force him out that could quite possibly go down as the most boneheaded coaching move of the past century!

**The poster formally known as CarolinaCockStar
**SIG created by cack
Carolina_Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:50 PM   #7
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Hopefully if this really is a common feeling among their boosters, they get what they ask for. It may be simply a few select boosters got highlighted for an interesting article, but seriously, if he has you as successful as he has Oregon, who cares if he doesn't come to your house parties? I personally can't remember any time that Oregon was as competitive as they are now, if boosters want to piss this away because he doesn't play golf with them and doesn't go to the booster club meetings, then they don't deserve furthered success (of course that would suck for the average fan).

On a realistic note, with the NCAA investigations and NFL interest, whether they like him or not he may be gone soon.
Considering their fans call the 30 years or so prior to hiring Mike Belotti "The Suffering", yeah this is their best success. I agree with you though. I know the high dollar boosters like to be told they are wonderful and everything, but if they can't handle not having a kiss-ass as a head coach I would think it hilarious if he leaves and they are never able to get back to this kind of success. Outside of his AD and the school's president, I think the only person he couldn't get away with pissing off would be Phil Knight. Anybody else, who cares?
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:59 PM   #8
Cigaro
I drink your milkshake

Male

CockyCash: 50092224
Cigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post
Boy you must have a short memory, they were a great great team in the early 2000's, IMO better than now... Joey Harrington, Jonathon Stewart, etc- those teams were awesome
No, I remember those teams. During Belotti's 14 years, they won two Pac-10 championships, played in one BCS bowl, and won ten games or more four times. During Kelly's 4 years, they have won three Pac-12 championships, played in four BCS bowls, and won 10 or more games four times. Belotti's teams were good, but not as good as Kelly's.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:04 PM   #9
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_Harv View Post
Wow......fans always have something to complain about........Someone needs to tell them the grass most likely is not greener on the other side. If they force him out that could quite possibly go down as the most boneheaded coaching move of the past century!
You mean, like gamecock fans who, for example, want a 16-3 starter too be replaced?
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:46 PM   #10
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

OldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
You mean, like gamecock fans who, for example, want a 16-3 starter too be replaced?

Whatever. LOL.
OldPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:20 PM   #11
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

I am surprised how well Oregon recruits nationally. I've never been to Oregon, but I've heard there just isn't that much there. And they don't have a long term
high profile program. I don't get it.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:27 PM   #12
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

I thought this said Chad Kelley at first and thought this would be hillarious.......

Gamecockfanatic4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:00 AM   #13
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
I am surprised how well Oregon recruits nationally. I've never been to Oregon, but I've heard there just isn't that much there. And they don't have a long term
I hate Oregon...with a passion, but they have the best facilities in the nation... Phil Knight has made them what they are today....

And their cheerleaders are HOT too(all California transplants)
Old 12-22-2012, 12:22 AM   #14
cockyfreshman2014
now a junior

Male

cockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Facilities, tons of new nike gear and jerseys, and recent success. Oregon also is very unique in the way it plays, which helps get interest from a lot of big recruits.
cockyfreshman2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 03:58 AM   #15
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Sounds like their boosters are whiny bitches.

He works for the school, not you. (or does he?)

Actually, at Oregon I'm pretty sure you work for Nike.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:54 PM   #16
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
I was there over Thanksgiving weekend. Went by the stadium and got some pics of Kelly and the players. Eugene is fine but there is no reason they should get all the recruits they do. Weather isn't great either.