CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
COCKYTALKIN
thekob
WeStillOwnUSC
El Cid Ranger
MountainCock
GarnetSwarm1990
taylorssc
kingoftheroost
USCNowAndForever
gamecockgal
Interesting quotes f (2596)
Have you ever been s (1553)
Key for 2015 defense (961)
Skai Moore out for U (815)
Women's Team Ranked (608)
Lebron makes Clevela (502)
Troubles in Tigertow (359)
SEC Coaches Dress Up (324)
Cockaboose Video (249)
What does it take to (143)
FSU vs. Louisville
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
USC/Tennessee 11/1/2014
Cockaboose Video
Where do you like to sit
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
Who is your favorite play
TN game weather
***2014 Carolina Panthers
Gamecockology Helms

Old 12-21-2012, 11:35 AM   #41
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material
Default Re: What uni's are we wearing for the Outback

Why would we change to Nike...didn't we just reup with UA?
Also, I think that would put us in void of contract.

Plus, Nike tends to bastardize uniforms.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:44 AM   #42
HUGEGARNETCOCK
4EVER CROWING!

Male

CockyCash: 490
HUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudly

I personally hate Nike! UA is a fast moving company and hard for everyone else to keep up with them! Let's stick with them!
Old 12-21-2012, 11:52 AM   #43
cocknblue
Looking for Lee Ho Fook's

Male

CockyCash: 600
cocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
Plus, Nike tends to bastardize uniforms.
Yeah, UA would NEVER do anything like that:

ďOf course, itís a bit of a jump, isnít it? I mean, erÖ chartered accountancy to lion taming in one go. You donít think it might be better if you worked your way towards lion taming, say via banking or insurance?"
cocknblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:05 PM   #44
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

I had a dream we wore those battle uni's we wore at LSU. I personally don't like them...
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:11 PM   #45
careyhhi
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 804
careyhhi has feathers coming incareyhhi has feathers coming incareyhhi has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
I had a dream we wore those battle uni's we wore at LSU. I personally don't like them...
If only they were paired with white or garnet pants. Instead we got that vomit pattern.
careyhhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:37 PM   #46
HUGEGARNETCOCK
4EVER CROWING!

Male

CockyCash: 490
HUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by careyhhi View Post
If only they were paired with white or garnet pants. Instead we got that vomit pattern.
Good to know that you think the Palmetto tree and crescent moon (aka state flag) are vomit!
Old 12-22-2012, 12:53 AM   #47
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
I liked the Jerseys. But the pants were terrible. Solid gray pants, maybe even garnet, would have looked much better.

Just be happy it was UA instead of Nike. Who knows what they would have looked like had Nike made them.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:58 AM   #48
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

I don't mind the gray. Its those pants that made them bad.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:55 AM   #49
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLUCAS View Post
I don't know who your sources are, but they're wrong....UA isn't going anywhere for a while.

Both parties have been extremely happy, hence the switch to UA by all varsity teams.
If by both parties you mean one that involves Steve Spurrier.. no he has not been happy at all with UA. As a matter of fact he stresses this issue every time we wear different colored jerseys.
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 03:01 AM   #50
Jdallen20
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 744
Jdallen20 has earned his spursJdallen20 has earned his spursJdallen20 has earned his spursJdallen20 has earned his spursJdallen20 has earned his spursJdallen20 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUGEGARNETCOCK View Post
I personally hate Nike! UA is a fast moving company and hard for everyone else to keep up with them! Let's stick with them!
I'm kinda on the fence with this one. I like Nike in that they are awesome lol, but I do like the thought of more "uniqueness" with UA. UA is an up and coming "edgy" company. Nike is a well established power house "edgy" company. They are both good. I think it is really up to a team's athletic department and coach to decide on how unique an edgy the uniforms are. The company that manufactures them will make whatever is ordered.

South Endzone
Jdallen20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 03:02 AM   #51
Jdallen20
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 744
Jdallen20 has earned his spursJdallen20 has earned his spursJdallen20 has earned his spursJdallen20 has earned his spursJdallen20 has earned his spursJdallen20 has earned his spurs

And I would like to see our uniforms be more edgy. Especially our helmets. Oregon and OK State have different helmets almost every game. I would love to see us throw in a garnet helmet every once in a while.

South Endzone
Jdallen20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:03 AM   #52
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiz Khalifa View Post
I agree with you here.

I tell you whats 'hot' right now is, Adidas. I love Miss St and TAMU jerseys and different combinations. Both teams have different helmets which means the garnet helmets could be back with them.

Just my opinion though.

All of the South Carolina t-shirts I've seen in stores made by Adidas are red, not garnet. Somebody gave me one for my birthday and I took it back from where it came from.
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 01:18 PM   #53
Spurz
Class of 2009

Male

Spurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudly

I hate it too, because I absolutely love our blacks, but we're never wearing them again until we lose in all-garnet. I understand the garnet being our default home uniform, but it bugs me that we've had two good opportunities to wear black this year (LSU, bowl) and still haven't done it.

Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android
Old 12-22-2012, 01:55 PM   #54
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurz View Post
I hate it too, because I absolutely love our blacks, but we're never wearing them again until we lose in all-garnet. I understand the garnet being our default home uniform, but it bugs me that we've had two good opportunities to wear black this year (LSU, bowl) and still haven't done it.

Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android
Apparently Spurrier is superstitious about wearing black since we lost to UK and wore black pants in 2010
Old 12-22-2012, 02:39 PM   #55
careyhhi
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 804
careyhhi has feathers coming incareyhhi has feathers coming incareyhhi has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUGEGARNETCOCK View Post
Good to know that you think the Palmetto tree and crescent moon (aka state flag) are vomit!
Yeah, because when your further than 5 feet away you can totally notice the pattern.

Last edited by careyhhi; 12-22-2012 at 03:11 PM.
careyhhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:44 AM   #56
tdevildog1986
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 375
tdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLUCAS View Post
I don't know who your sources are, but they're wrong....UA isn't going anywhere for a while.

Both parties have been extremely happy, hence the switch to UA by all varsity teams.
I hope your right lol. I love the UA look. And thats all I own. The stuff is comfortable. Beter than Nike and Adidas.
tdevildog1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:34 AM   #57
CockyMBA
Recruit

Male

CockyMBA is sharpening his clawsCockyMBA is sharpening his clawsCockyMBA is sharpening his clawsCockyMBA is sharpening his clawsCockyMBA is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondGamecock View Post
Doesn't matter. .come 2014 we will be switching to Nike
Where do y'all get your information from? We're UA for the foreseeable future. This was two summers ago in 2011 with Hyman.

Quote:
After several months of legal haggling, the deal is finally done. The Board of Trustees approved Friday a comprehensive six-year, $19 million contract with Under Armour that finally brings all of USC's athletic teams within the company umbrella.

The contract runs through June 30, 2016, but can be extended for an additional four years unless either party gives 120 days (four months) notice.

SOURCE: http://southcarolina.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1248132
The the chief negotiator (Assoc AD Waddell) is still on the team, which makes me further believe that the deal is here to stay.
CockyMBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:49 AM   #58
Gamecock1983
I kill threads.

Male

CockyCash: 10204
Gamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyMBA View Post
Where do y'all get your information from? We're UA for the foreseeable future. This was two summers ago in 2011 with Hyman.

The the chief negotiator (Assoc AD Waddell) is still on the team, which makes me further believe that the deal is here to stay.

Exactly. We have one of the top 10 apparel contracts in the nation with UnderArmour. They are spending massive amounts of dough on us because of performance incentive clauses as well. The contract runs through '16 and it will most likely be extended.

Not to mention...unless I've been misinformed, UA is almost solely responsible for getting us dressed in a universal shade of garnet across all sports. I'll take that over the sea of 300 reds.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:09 AM   #59
riceatusc
Misses Old Cockytalk

Male

CockyCash: 305013227
riceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to riceatusc Send a message via MSN to riceatusc

I saw all the nike stuff that UGA fans wore when they came to town this season. Their fan gear looks like crap. UA's stuff is way better.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:39 AM   #60
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Nike is way better then UA.