CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Acockolypse Now
MEL
auslander
Spurticus
sanford
MWard
ccured
Regalcock
JerseyBird
Stephen Garcia AMA o (1557)
Texags (1419)
ESPN Car wash Spurri (1165)
Ace suspended 4 game (1118)
COMCAST TO CARRY SEC (997)
Dawg DL man arrested (928)
Holy Hell, Indeed, S (880)
Top 10 Reasons Why T (779)
Comporium (736)
Georgia DE Jonathan (644)
Official SEC Network and
Green and Lammons
Holy Hell, Indeed, SEC Ne
2015 - Albert Huggins
2015 - Traveon Samuel
2015 - Zack Bailey
Top 10 Reasons Why Texas
Gamecock Showcase Attende
Texags
2014-2015 Men's Non Confe

Old 12-22-2012, 10:07 AM   #1
Jmansour333
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Jmansour333 has feathers coming inJmansour333 has feathers coming in
Default UCF? Looking ahead to next year's schedule?

Watching the Beef Bowl last night, I saw some talent on UCF. I think if we have a bad game, we could struggle against this team. Also, what is everyone's early predictions for what kind of season we will have next year? I have seen the schedule: it is much more manageable than the October from he'll this year. Breaking it down, we open with NC, their best player just declared for the pros. UGA on the road, but they are loosing their entire defense, and I would bet even money Murray leaves, to avoid more skepticism and criticism, if he stays, he's currently 0-3 against SC. Vandy at home, who is loosing Quarteback, running back, and probably their WR declares early. UCF on the road. Kentucky at home, no real analysis needed. Arkansas on the road, loosing Tyler Wilson, Cobi Hamilton, Dennis Wilson, and Knile Davis. UT on the road, no Bray, Hunter, Rodgers, or Patterson. Mizzou on the road, goodbye to Sheldon Henderson. Missippi State at home, loosing Jonathan Banks. Florida at home, loosing a lot, but I will consider this the toughest game of the year. Coastal at home. Clemson at home, with seemingly no real changes or improvements, and I bet Tajh goes Pro. I really think next year is completely dependent on our LB and OL improvements. QB solid, RB solid, TE solid, DL outstanding, secondary pretty good, ; to me it will just be having good run tackle support and consistent blocking to open holes for running and growth in the passing game. Thoughts?
Jmansour333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:21 AM   #2
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: UCF? Looking ahead to next year's schedule?

I wish we would've gotten out of this game. I know why they scheduled it but its going to be another one of those games where we start slow against an inferior opponent. The difference is that this is on the road.

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:52 AM   #3
i29gman
Blue Chip

Male

i29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his comb

After watching their game last night, our game with them has become a concern for me as well. Fortunately comes after an open date.
i29gman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:11 AM   #4
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

Watching a bit of the game last night and UCF definitely has some talent on that team. The QB looked pretty good, but I'm not sure what year he is. I know their RB is going to be gone and he has torn it up in his career. It will be an interesting game for sure next year.
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:21 AM   #5
Jmansour333
Walk On

Male

Jmansour333 has feathers coming inJmansour333 has feathers coming in

In retrospect however, Mizzou beat UCF @ UCF this year.
Jmansour333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:59 AM   #6
PvtWarlick
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1261
PvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot material

I think they are a senior heavy team this year but don't quote me on that
2010 SEC East Champions

Baseball:
2010, 2011 National Champions
4 Time Runner-Up (1975, 77, 2002, 2012)

Basketball
Southern Champions: 1927, 33, 34, 45
1970, 71 ACC Champions
1997 SEC Champions
2005, 06 NIT Champions
PvtWarlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:20 PM   #7
1SCFanInPAUntilNow
Franchise Playa

Male

CockyCash: 9980800
1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material

I believe their QB is a soph. That kid was VERY impressive.
1SCFanInPAUntilNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:21 PM   #8
foezopen
4-Star

Male

foezopen is making other chickens nervousfoezopen is making other chickens nervousfoezopen is making other chickens nervousfoezopen is making other chickens nervousfoezopen is making other chickens nervousfoezopen is making other chickens nervousfoezopen is making other chickens nervousfoezopen is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockypanther View Post
Watching a bit of the game last night and UCF definitely has some talent on that team. The QB looked pretty good, but I'm not sure what year he is. I know their RB is going to be gone and he has torn it up in his career. It will be an interesting game for sure next year.

QB is a sophomore i think !! They looked good against who??? in the what bowl??? Come on guys give our team a break....we will be the much superior team when we travel to orlando to play the knights....if you are not concerned about every game then something is wrong but we will go to Orlando and beat the hell outta UCF next year !!! I hope !!! lol

Shot at 2007-12-20
foezopen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:52 PM   #9
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
I wish we would've gotten out of this game. I know why they scheduled it but its going to be another one of those games where we start slow against an inferior opponent. The difference is that this is on the road.

I totally agree. This will be perhaps the biggest game in UCF history and they will be jacked sky high. It will be a tough environment.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:55 PM   #10
Todescock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
Todescock is making other chickens nervousTodescock is making other chickens nervousTodescock is making other chickens nervousTodescock is making other chickens nervousTodescock is making other chickens nervousTodescock is making other chickens nervousTodescock is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by henmania View Post
I totally agree. This will be perhaps the biggest game in UCF history and they will be jacked sky high. It will be a tough environment.
It won't be a tough environment, I can promise you that. Their fans our very very lack luster.
Todescock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 01:13 PM   #11
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

Their QB looked good and they have some playmaker's. Our QB's are better and our defense is night and day better than Ball St. We will crush UCF.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:19 PM   #12
CCtiger91
One of a Kind

Male

CockyCash: 107880
CCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by PvtWarlick View Post
I think they are a senior heavy team this year but don't quote me on that
Not sure about defense but they were talking about how they return nearly all their offensive weapons next season.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:32 PM   #13
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

look at the teams they play ...

conference usa is terrible you can't really go on that

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:09 PM   #14
SirBigSpur
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1800
SirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by henmania View Post
The biggest game is UCF history was against Texas a couple years ago when they opened their new stadium. They came back and almost won. They also hate USF who is down the road from them on I4. It'll be an important game for them, but not the MOST important.

UCF is never consistent. I've seen some pretty bad UCF offenses in my day. (Besides when they had Kevin Smith a 2,000 yds/ year runner). They also have close to 48,000 students yet can't fill up their 40,000 seat stadium unless it's a conference championship game.

I'm a Carolina student and an Orlando native. We should beat them pretty easily.
SirBigSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:04 PM   #15
damron
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1800
damron is sharpening his clawsdamron is sharpening his clawsdamron is sharpening his clawsdamron is sharpening his claws

guys, it's central frickin' florida...SEC>>>>>Conf. USA...some of these comments/replies sound eerily familiar to us going to Vandy this year...though a bit close, that one turned out alright...and I'd venture to say Vandy's a LITTLE bit better than UCF...plus it'll be the 4th game of the season - AFTER an open date...I say we'll be chomping @ the bit to play anyone...potential championship-caliber teams do not concern themselves w/ mediocre to slightly above mediocre Div. I teams.., yes I realize OVERALL in our history, we are a mediocre program...we are not that anymore...simply go out there and take care of business...that's what I plan on going down and seeing...RMO III
damron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:18 PM   #16
i29gman
Blue Chip

Male

i29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by foezopen View Post
QB is a sophomore i think !! They looked good against who??? in the what bowl??? Come on guys give our team a break....we will be the much superior team when we travel to orlando to play the knights....if you are not concerned about every game then something is wrong but we will go to Orlando and beat the hell outta UCF next year !!! I hope !!! lol
Does Wofford ring a bell? No doubt we are the better team with more talent. These type of games don't always bring out our best however.
i29gman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:34 PM   #17
gamecockphilip
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1450
gamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPit

We wanna be SEC champs and you guys are worried about UCF? Lol please...
gamecockphilip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:54 PM   #18
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

CockyCash: 2300
USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material

we will destroy the knights

USCremedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:50 PM   #19
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

It would be a great road game to attend!
Old 12-22-2012, 11:31 PM   #20
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

South Carolina hasn't destroyed anyone on the road recently.

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote