CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecockgal
StormOfTalons
Master Bedroom
sanford
Acockolypse Now
Rooster'srule
El Cid Ranger
b381l
cocksmith1or11
Order 66
Backup QB competitio (2691)
2014 Preseason USA T (1282)
Ranking the SEC Fema (801)
Anyone heard anythin (765)
Future Non-Conferenc (637)
Spurrier on the cove (421)
What Would You Do? (397)
Ranking the SEC scho (314)
Kewl video (234)
Tupelo Honey Cafe (230)
Anyone heard anything abo
2014 Signee - Joe Blue
Re-Airing South Carolina
Elcid99
Kewl video
Musburger/Palmer to comme
Hello Gamecocks!
An Aggies View of the Mat
Backup QB competition
2015 - Albert Huggins

Old 12-22-2012, 11:54 PM   #21
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

CockyCash: 2300
USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material
Default Re: UCF? Looking ahead to next year's schedule?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
South Carolina hasn't destroyed anyone on the road recently.
we dont normally travel to our games against inferior competition either. And i use the word inferior lightly, UCF may be a pretty good team but they are still a team we should beat easily. When you play LSU, UF, Clem on the road you're not gonna get many blowout wins. I'll give us a bye for the Vandy game since they are a decent team and it was the first game of the year. Kentucky started off bad but we still won 38-17.

USCremedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:27 AM   #22
foezopen
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
foezopen is making other chickens nervousfoezopen is making other chickens nervousfoezopen is making other chickens nervousfoezopen is making other chickens nervousfoezopen is making other chickens nervousfoezopen is making other chickens nervousfoezopen is making other chickens nervousfoezopen is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by i29gman View Post
Does Wofford ring a bell? No doubt we are the better team with more talent. These type of games don't always bring out our best however.

Wofford is a totally different beast than UCF......To be ready for Woffords run game in a week (with Clemmy the week after) is almost impossible !!! And I can say that Wofford is consistently a very impressive team no matter what level they are in. Wofford is just one of those teams that gives us fits and wants to whip our asses more than anything....and this year we still got a 17 point win without the services of the best DE in the nation !!! Hopefully JD will be full go for the UCF game next year !

Shot at 2007-12-20
foezopen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:49 AM   #23
treyno2722
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 918
treyno2722 is learning to pecktreyno2722 is learning to peck

What's wrong with quality opponents? Isn't this how Florida State became a powerhouse? I say bring them on. I like Carolina playing teams like North Carolina, UCF and Clemson.
treyno2722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:58 AM   #24
Gamecock Rob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot material

George O'Leary is their coach, pretty much tells me all I need to know, we will wax that ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
It would be a great road game to attend!
I am very excited to attend it, got a buddy who is a UCF grad and lives in Orlando. Invite has already been extended to me.
Gamecock Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:27 AM   #25
Sec509
Walk On

Male

Sec509 has hatched from the shell

This is a great away game. Will be my first road game of many to come. Gotta talk to the other half and make the plans. Hopefully can do a mini vacation out of it.
Sec509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:53 AM   #26
GamecockDad1531
Two Deep

Male

GamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot material

They suck
GamecockDad1531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:26 AM   #27
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 925
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCtiger91 View Post
Not sure about defense but they were talking about how they return nearly all their offensive weapons next season.
Nope. They lose their center, left guard, right tackle. Also their RB and FB are seniors. Their QB is a sophomore.

On defense, they lose both DE plus a DE on the two deep. They lose two OLB, a CB and two Safeties.

They'll be a young team next year.

Also...Look at it this way, This UCF holds a special place in his heart. This team was his first win as a Gamecock coach.
Old 12-23-2012, 01:44 PM   #28
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

i'm hoping that we can get some florida prospects to come check us out in orlando while we are close
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:01 PM   #29
GamecockSuperFan
Run the damn ball

Male

GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

I know UCF looked good and all. I watched the game but in no way do I think we're going to lose to them at their place.. It might be a dogfight early since we tend to that with less inferior opponents but we shouldn't lose.. We're a pretty decent SEC team now. We've won some big games and have won 30 games the last 3 years. Dosen't seem like a team that would overlook an opponent anymore either.
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:03 PM   #30
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

we are starting this ALREADY...going to be a long offseason
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:19 PM   #31
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKE226 View Post
we are starting this ALREADY...going to be a long offseason
We should wear all white for the UCF game
Old 12-23-2012, 02:22 PM   #32
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Old 12-23-2012, 02:31 PM   #33
Sec509
Walk On

Male

Sec509 has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
Nope. They lose their center, left guard, right tackle. Also their RB and FB are seniors. Their QB is a sophomore.

On defense, they lose both DE plus a DE on the two deep. They lose two OLB, a CB and two Safeties.

They'll be a young team next year.

Also...Look at it this way, This UCF holds a special place in his heart. This team was his first win as a Gamecock coach.

I was at that game. TD pass deep to N. Whiteside if I do recall early in the game.
Sec509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:59 PM   #34
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by treyno2722 View Post
What's wrong with quality opponents? Isn't this how Florida State became a powerhouse? I say bring them on. I like Carolina playing teams like North Carolina, UCF and Clemson.
I see what you did ther- putting UNC and Clemson in the same category as a CUSA team.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:48 PM   #35
HUGEGARNETCOCK
4EVER CROWING!

Male

CockyCash: 700
HUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
We should wear all white for the UCF game
Hope we wear battle grey uni's with garnet helmets !
Old 12-27-2012, 03:48 PM   #36
HUGEGARNETCOCK
4EVER CROWING!

Male

CockyCash: 700
HUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudly

What hotel is everone staying in for this game?
Old 12-27-2012, 05:21 PM   #37
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

I think I'm gonna attend this one... Throw in a day at Magic Kingdom... Kids would go for that!
Old 12-27-2012, 05:36 PM   #38
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
I think I'm gonna attend this one... Throw in a day at Magic Kingdom... Kids would go for that!
^this

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote