CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
catdaddy66
spareparts
Thenardier
3MTA3
ertman420
thekob
b381l
Master Bedroom
G&B
SCohioBoy
2001 vs Sandstorm (1210)
**USC vs. USC-Upstat (1102)
Cunningham wants to (610)
Purple drank (457)
Horseshoes has been (232)
Clemson Georgia Game (232)
ESPN article on Clow (188)
Fumble party (171)
1964 World’s Fair (141)
Softball tops Georgi (139)
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
Bianca Cuevas - 2014 WBB
Season Rankings Thread...
Cunningham wants to hear
Acock reviews the SEC Net
Softball tops Georgia Sou
2015 Warm/Warmer/Favorite
Name a Gamecock
2015 - Davon Durant

Old 12-23-2012, 01:29 AM   #21
DA954BADBOY
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2110801
DA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot material
Default Re: MEGATRON

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnecavs07 View Post
Gruden lost a lot of respect with his diminishing of Megatrons season so far by saying most of it is garbage.
This. Gruden said that a lot of his yards are meaningless yardage. what a douche. As a Buccs fan im glad he won a super bowl with Dungy's defense but ill never forgive him for drafting Gaines Adams over Adrian Peterson.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:03 AM   #22
Cigaro
I drink your milkshake

Male

CockyCash: 50092224
Cigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot material

Maybe people didn't want to hear it because they wanted to remember it as a truly history defining moment in football. But what Gruden said is true. Much of CJ's yardage this season did come from trying to play catch up when they were already down. He hasn't exactly been leading his team to greatness while breaking this record. That doesn't mean this record is meaningless, because there are have been many receivers on bad teams that pass a lot who never got close to this record. And that's not to say CJ isn't a great player, because he is. But people should be aware of the circumstances that led to him breaking his record, and Gruden did just that. I'd honestly prefer an announcer who gave out hard truths like that rather than one who stuck simply to the nicest narrative.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:23 AM   #23
DA954BADBOY
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2110801
DA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Maybe people didn't want to hear it because they wanted to remember it as a truly history defining moment in football. But what Gruden said is true. Much of CJ's yardage this season did come from trying to play catch up when they were already down. He hasn't exactly been leading his team to greatness while breaking this record. That doesn't mean this record is meaningless, because there are have been many receivers on bad teams that pass a lot who never got close to this record. And that's not to say CJ isn't a great player, because he is. But people should be aware of the circumstances that led to him breaking his record, and Gruden did just that. I'd honestly prefer an announcer who gave out hard truths like that rather than one who stuck simply to the nicest narrative.
True. But Mike Turico pointed out that San Fran didnt make the playoffs the year Rice set the record but they did win 11 games.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:54 AM   #24
rnecavs07
Starter

Male

NIT Bracket Champion: Awarded for taking first in the NIT Bracket Challene - Given for: NIT Bracket Champion 
CockyCash: 774
rnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to rnecavs07 Send a message via Yahoo to rnecavs07

Ill say this again its true Megatron did play catch up but every d knew where the ball was going and double and triple teamed him he caught the ball AND got YAC l. Where were you naysayers when Alshon did this in 2009 I know it wasn't same circumstances but teams knew where it was going on passing Downs.
rnecavs07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:58 PM   #25
AtlGamecock3307
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
AtlGamecock3307 rules the CockPitAtlGamecock3307 rules the CockPitAtlGamecock3307 rules the CockPitAtlGamecock3307 rules the CockPitAtlGamecock3307 rules the CockPitAtlGamecock3307 rules the CockPitAtlGamecock3307 rules the CockPitAtlGamecock3307 rules the CockPitAtlGamecock3307 rules the CockPitAtlGamecock3307 rules the CockPitAtlGamecock3307 rules the CockPit

CJ is awesome to watch. They speed and size of moss with the route running and hands of Rice, incredible. What Gruden said was true but it would have been better served saying it later rather than as he broke the record.
AtlGamecock3307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:14 PM   #26
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 5661799
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Stafford's numbers aren't that different than the 49ers that year.
stafford 411att/685comp/4695yds -total yards 6213/total plays 1069
49ers 432att/644comp/4608yds - total yards 6087/total plays 1092

I do agree that the game today is more passing but those stats are pretty comparable
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:28 PM   #27
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Single season recep yards record holder, 1st player with 8 straight games 100 + yards, 1st player with at least 10 receptions 4 straight games. All this on an underachieving team. Pretty awesome! Not many players can say they lived up to a hefty contract. Megatron can.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:42 AM   #28
BigSteven34
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 35360615
BigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to BigSteven34

Rice did it when defensive backs could still play defense, now they get a flag for looking at the receiver funny. CJ is awesome, but Rice is the man.
BigSteven34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:27 PM   #29
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

I'm sorry, but I can't believe some of you are trying to belittle Calvin Johnson's accomplishments and talent. I loved Jerry Rice as a player, but in my opinion, Johnson is a superior player. Does Johnson play in an era that benefits offenses? Yes, but I think Johnson would've been the best receiver on the field if he and Rice had played on the same team while both in their primes. Of course this is just my opinion, and I'm not a fan of the Lions or of Johnson per se, but the man's talent is incredible and shouldn't be belittled at all.

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:26 PM   #30
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Megatron is just like Barry Sanders a great talent on a mediocre team.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:04 PM   #31
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
Megatron is just like Barry Sanders a great talent on a mediocre team.
The Detroit Lions: where exceptional talent goes to be wasted!

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:17 PM   #32
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

CockyCash: 2300
USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material

off topic but interesting

Between 2004-2007 the draft pick after Raiders’ selection has been Larry Fitzgerald 04 Aaron Rodgers 05 Donte Whitner 06 & Calvin Johnson 07

Arod, Megatron and Fitz. that'd be fun to watch.

USCremedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:19 PM   #33
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCremedy View Post

Between 2004-2007 the draft pick after Raiders’ selection has been Larry Fitzgerald 04 Aaron Rodgers 05 Donte Whitner 06 & Calvin Johnson 07

SVP and Rusillo listener I see.

Although its fair to say if they took Rodgers it would only be one of those guys because they wouldn't constantly be that bad

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:36 PM   #34
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Quote:

That, sir, is interesting.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:11 PM   #35
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

CockyCash: 2300
USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
SVP and Rusillo listener I see.

Although its fair to say if they took Rodgers it would only be one of those guys because they wouldn't constantly be that bad
Not sure, it's all hindsight but with the way that organization has been run the past years they might have ruined Rodgers if they had drafted him. If they had though, there would not have been a reason to pick JaMarcus Russell in 07 and would have allowed them to get AP or Megatron. I can't imagine how much that info stings for a Raiders fan.

USCremedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:20 PM   #36
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Not sure, it's all hindsight but with the way that organization has been run the past years they might have ruined Rodgers if they had drafted him. If they had though, there would not have been a reason to pick JaMarcus Russell in 07 and would have allowed them to get AP or Megatron. I can't imagine how much that info stings for a Raiders fan.
Al Davis loved speed.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:47 PM   #37
GTjacketcock
Hell of an Engineer

Male

CockyCash: 500
GTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPit

Something to think about: in 2007 the Oakland Raiders took JaMarcus Russell over four 2012 Pro Bowl starters: Calvin Johnson, Adrian Peterson, Patrick Willis, and Joe Thomas, as well as other Pro Bowlers LaRon Landry and Marshawn Lynch. Hard to believe these players were passed over for one of the biggest busts of all time.

My sign from Gameday at the Horseshoe
GTjacketcock is online now   Reply With Quote