CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
U-Dub Gamecock
Outland
taylorssc
Latt7more
B-G
gadeneer1986
ReadR00ster
b381l
HeadCockFan
Why is everyone anti (1195)
Lorenzo Nunez (1122)
Rest of the season p (1097)
Incoming Class (1074)
Just thought of some (900)
Bruce Ellington's Fi (758)
Tennessee kickoff an (742)
Let us clarify some (740)
Miss St. defense (618)
Is Clowney back toni (601)
How did we not make it.
Why is everyone anticipat
Holiday desserts
2015 Commitment - Lorenzo
Seventh Woods (2016 Prosp
World of Warcraft, CSGO,
No easy road for our offe
Garber vs Klinsmann round
Recipe for success
University of Buffalo tar

Old 12-22-2012, 11:34 PM   #21
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Who's the worst boss you've ever had?

I worked for a small business, where the owners daughter would go to lunch at noon, and get back around 3:30-4:00 every day. When I told the owner about it(I was the manager), I was let go the next day...

FYI: they went out of business about a year later.... Shocking, I know.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:50 AM   #22
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

I was a secretary at a corporate office and a job position became available for a Division Admin Asst. job, which was a big step up from what I was doing. I applied for it, but this guy had a bad reputation for being rude, mean, and will cut you down in a heartbeat. Only myself and another girl applied for the job. Needless to say I did get the job, but regretted it within the first few days of working for this man. This was a job that things happened in cycles and I needed to go thru the cycle to get the hang of what the department does. My boss had asked for a report. I was working on it and explained to him what I was doing, but he didn't give a crap. He beat his fists on my desk and in a rude and loud voice he said he wanted the GD report now! I told him not to talk to me that way and that I didn't deserve it. The Senior Admin Asst's cubicle was next to mine. When my boss finished his tirade she told me that if I wanted to report him as being verbally abusive that she'd support me. The whole thing was ridiculous.
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:54 AM   #23
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutTheSuccop View Post
Did he go to furman?
I used to work at Moes too and I know the Ryan you'll talking about. He has a different last name.

Although this must not have taken place at mine because we had cameras inside our walk in.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:37 PM   #24
bigdog2003
Future Coaching Legend

Male

CockyCash: 999762
bigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot material

Not really a bad boss, but I had a boss at a job I was working while in college that didn't understand why I wouldn't show up on Saturday's when he didn't tell me we were working until Friday at 4 when we were getting off. He had a meeting with me one day and asked where I was so I told him I had a softball tournament so I went to that since he didn't let me know before Friday. He told me the next time I would be fired. Months go by, they pull it again and I don't show up because I was going to a Carolina football game, didn't get fired. Matter of fact, they still call me during breaks in the school year and during the summer when they need help.

bigdog2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:49 PM   #25
Captain9Dragons
Forest Grump

Male

CockyCash: 22107959
Captain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot material

what about best bosses?

had a job at a golf course in the 80's, my boss name was Gomez, i drove him around on a cart as he smoked his home grown and inspected sprinklers

fresh air , sunshine , decent pay, good times

Merry Christmas Gomez!
Old 12-24-2012, 10:56 PM   #26
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

During a summer in Washington, I worked for a Pizza Hut that had a shady manager. He only put about half the orders into the computer, and split the undetected orders with us 50-50. Yeah, I know it was wrong as hell, but when you are a starving college kid trying to save up some money for the upcoming semester, you go along with it... I made about 1200.00 one week.