CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecockgal
NinjaSven
Rebel4ever
BlakelyH19
roosterdude21
Carolina-Beez
kevhugh
Cockyteg
eatlighting
Lankey62
**USC vs. Vanderbilt (32990)
Gameday in Columbia (1825)
ECU is a good team (1549)
Spurrier was Embaras (1515)
Why we'll dominate C (1291)
Spurrier not happy s (1239)
Is it possible for o (1226)
Alabama vs Florida. (1053)
Lammons out (1024)
ECU is a good team (974)
Why Weren't We Better Pre
Spurrier was Embarassed
**USC vs. Vanderbilt GAME
More David Williams Pleas
Is it possible for our Sp
Tonight's ugly win was in
Is anyone really surprise
Spurrier not happy so why
Thoughts About Special Te
Our defense needs to wrap

Old 12-14-2012, 09:29 AM   #21
HUGEGARNETCOCK
4EVER CROWING!

Male

CockyCash: 490
HUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudly
Default Re: Ticket Sales?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
Yeah, a full scholly donor for 15 yrs should get more than 2. imo, it should be fcfs with a 4 ticket max. if a high donor complains then the university can just say " wer'e sorry but we didnt get your app inn time".
I applied for 4 and got them no problem and i am half scholarship. So someone is not telling the full truth!
Old 12-14-2012, 09:48 AM   #22
cocked&ready2rock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
cocked&ready2rock has hatched from the shell

It is no different than a home game here. The best way to get the best seats for the best price is to walk up to the front of the stadium a couple hours before kick off. We bought tickets to the 2000, 2001 outback bowls this way. We bought four tickets last year at capitol one on the 30 for $15 a piece. Every bowl we have been to Carolina or other teams have been this way.
cocked&ready2rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:05 PM   #23
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUGEGARNETCOCK View Post
I was there and you are right . Iowa was representing their boys well. Maybe not double but they def. had more fans there! I don't see it being that bad this time!
Do remember, most of our fanbase was miffed, because we just got pounded by Florida(56-6), and then Clemson beat us 31-14, where it was obvious a few payers checked out mentally before he Clemson game(Captain Munnerlyn and Emanuel Cook come to mind)... So many fans(like myself) did not even consider going to Tampa...

That won't be a problem this year.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:13 PM   #24
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

There will be a healthy sea of garnet in Tampa. There is no need to worry.
Old 12-16-2012, 12:14 AM   #25
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

I think there will be more garnet in Tampa that blue. Just because the university has only sold 8,500 tickets doesn't mean only 8,500 Carolina fans will show up. We are also much closer than Michigan.

Btw, do you have to be part of the GC to buy from USC? I want to buy from the school to support and help them but im not part of the Gamecock Club.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:16 AM   #26
Gamecock1983
I kill threads.

Male

CockyCash: 10204
Gamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
I think there will be more garnet in Tampa that blue. Just because the university has only sold 8,500 tickets doesn't mean only 8,500 Carolina fans will show up. We are also much closer than Michigan.

Btw, do you have to be part of the GC to buy from USC? I want to buy from the school to support and help them but im not part of the Gamecock Club.
No, you don't have to be a club member. GC members get first priority...but after their orders are filled, tickets are available to the public. Call the athletic ticketing office or visit the website...you can buy them.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:33 AM   #27
Florida Cock
Recruit

Male

Florida Cock has feathers coming inFlorida Cock has feathers coming in

Michigan has already sold their allotment and are snapping up the tickets left over in Tampa. This area is full of Michigan residents in the winter. Gamecock tickets are available to the general public through the University and are NOT sold out. Come on Gamecock fans. Tampa is a fantastic town for New Years, Ybor City, the beaches, Busch Gardens, Orlando and it's theme parks one hour away, and the Ray Jay is one of the top stadiums in all pro and college football (much better than the broken down Citrus Bowl). We need many more Gamecock fans down here.

Gamecock in Florida!
Florida Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:08 PM   #28
Frosty
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Frosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPit

Middle of the week bowl game 8 hours from home makes it tough. I could have done Jacksonville in a day. Tampa makes it a whole different ball game with hotels and the like. Still not a bad idea and we are looking for something to do for New Years, maybe she wont notice I plan something at a Tampa nightclub for her.
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:42 PM   #29
wincocks84
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 450
wincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervous

I have a feeling Michigan will have more fans, but i think we will still bring over 20k. Michigan has fans everywhere.
wincocks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:49 PM   #30
jesse james
4-Star

Male

jesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUGEGARNETCOCK View Post
I applied for 4 and got them no problem and i am half scholarship. So someone is not telling the full truth!
I guess that means that only the people who followed the rules got shafted then . . .

The bowl ticket order form clearly stated that FS and below were limited to 2 tickets as it does every year. I admit that I was tempted to order more than 2 just to see what would happen, but I was afraid they would reject my entire order as invalid or something and I would wind up with nothing . . . so I did what I have every other year and purchased my 8 tickets through another source.

Sucks that my 8 tickets don't count, but I blame that on the University.

Last edited by jesse james; 12-18-2012 at 06:53 PM.
jesse james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:35 PM   #31
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

The GC Club has a history of a communication lapse with its members.... You would think this ticket issue would be improved for its members, but of course... It's not.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:01 AM   #32
BlueHerons
4-Star

Female

BlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his comb

I know a lot of people going, including full scholarships that didn't get their tickets through GC. That said, I got mine through ticket city.

This area is mecco for people from Michigan. Expect a huge turnout from them.
BlueHerons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:37 AM   #33
foezopen
4-Star

Male

foezopen is making other chickens nervousfoezopen is making other chickens nervousfoezopen is making other chickens nervousfoezopen is making other chickens nervousfoezopen is making other chickens nervousfoezopen is making other chickens nervousfoezopen is making other chickens nervousfoezopen is making other chickens nervous

My and my dad was in the GC for 33 years (6 tickets most of those 33) and it was always a hassle trying for more bowl tickets.....I understand the notion of giving higher priority to the "bigger" contributors but I think that hurts the GC ticket sales every year because ppl go 2 outside sources due to the ticket limit !!! last year and this year i got mine from ticketmaster and the only downfall to it is the quality of the actual in hand tickets !!! So if anybody that uses their tickets from the GC and dont keep as souvenires ,I will gladly take em off your hands because my son keeps every ticket and would love to have those beutiful outback bowl tickets for his collection !!!

Shot at 2007-12-20
foezopen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:26 AM   #34
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 117561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
Yeah, a full scholly donor for 15 yrs should get more than 2. imo, it should be fcfs with a 4 ticket max. if a high donor complains then the university can just say " wer'e sorry but we didnt get your app inn time".
I bet if you call the ticket office, they will sell you however many you need. While initially they may have to stick to that quantity restriction, they still want to sell all. They won't turn you away. Give it a try
Old 12-28-2012, 11:19 PM   #35
Florida Cock
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post

Sorry fellow Gamecocks, but there will be many more Michigan fans then Carolina. Probably similar to the Iowa game. They travel better and this state is full of them this time of year. I live here. No, if we only sold 8,500 tickets, which is pathetic, then we deserve to be out yelled. But I will be there and we WILL beat them. 8,500 is really sad!

Gamecock in Florida!
Old 12-28-2012, 11:20 PM   #36
Florida Cock
Recruit

Male

They have been selling to anyone for weeks now. I ordered mine the first of December through the University. Got the real tickets and paid no service charges. $75 each.

Gamecock in Florida!
Old 12-28-2012, 11:39 PM   #37
LakeMonticelloCock
Blue Chip

Male

LakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudly

We would have had near 30,000 if we had gone to the Gator Bowl. It's just a hard trip to make in the middle of the week. I'll be there, but understand why others wouldn't.
LakeMonticelloCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:15 AM   #38
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

What is the latest estimate? 8,500 was from two weeks ago.