CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
TAFC 5 1981
gamecockgal
WeStill0wnUSC
sanford
garnet_black215
rdwylie
MWard
B-G
75CarolinaFan
Vic Beasley On Clown (1696)
Another A&M aggi (1351)
Predict Clemson 2014 (1268)
ACC Wants Helmet Com (673)
Asheville/Spartanbur (438)
2016 - Terrance Davi (384)
Green and Lammons (376)
2016 - Anthony " (316)
It's Cover Two's bda (233)
2016 - Dontye Carrie (205)
SEC Coaches on the Hot Se
2015 - Johnny Frasier
Another A&M aggie off
Georgia Defensive returni
Green and Lammons
Official WWE Thread
Nashville
2015 - Albert Huggins
2015 - Brandon Sandifer
Predict Clemson 2014

Old 12-22-2012, 04:48 PM   #1
Jmansour333
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Jmansour333 has feathers coming inJmansour333 has feathers coming in
Default Next Year?

Predictions for us for next year? I really think that next year we will win the East. Not sure about beating Alabama, LSU, or A&M in SEC Championship. Thoughts?
Jmansour333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:13 PM   #2
vegasmark
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 210
vegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Next Year?

Yep, we'll win the East as long as we get by FLA.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:38 PM   #3
snoopcockycock
AQUACOCK

Male

snoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot material

i predict that next year, our ol will finally be of high sec caliber. we will have numbers on the ol, previously unseen at this university. they will be bigger, stronger and more talented than at any time in our history. put a senior qb behind that, with a great mix of experience and youth in the wr corps, a seriously talented stable of rb's and this offense is set for record heights. the defense should be just as good, if not better. the secondary will get an infusion of talented depth, and the dl might even be better with sutton opposite a rising junior j. clowney. there is a ton of talented depth at the dt spots, and while young and inexperienced, our lb's are in good hands with botkins.
finally, the schedule will lighten up a bit. so we stand a chance to improve on this year, and maybe win our first sec. our recruiting will continue to keep this program on the rise, and we will be a factor for many years to come. that's my prediction.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:41 PM   #4
PhoenixGamecock
72ChemE

Male

PhoenixGamecock has earned his spursPhoenixGamecock has earned his spursPhoenixGamecock has earned his spursPhoenixGamecock has earned his spursPhoenixGamecock has earned his spursPhoenixGamecock has earned his spurs

Do you see us going 11-1 for the regular season?
PhoenixGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:41 PM   #5
cockybusiness2
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 477000
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material

I predict we are undefeated in 2013
cockybusiness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:47 PM   #6
PhoenixGamecock
72ChemE

Male

PhoenixGamecock has earned his spursPhoenixGamecock has earned his spursPhoenixGamecock has earned his spursPhoenixGamecock has earned his spursPhoenixGamecock has earned his spursPhoenixGamecock has earned his spurs

Wow, that would be nice, and make the SECCG the BIG game, hope you are right, who is QB and RB next year for12-0?
PhoenixGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:55 PM   #7
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 925
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

I believe next year will be a special year. This was a very good year with JC winning the best DE award.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:55 PM   #8
CocksB2BChamps24
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 800
CocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Skype™ to CocksB2BChamps24

I think we have a really good shot at running the table if we get by Georgia in week 2. I think they are losing 9 on defense, but bringing back a majority of their offense if Murray sticks around. I'm not sure how our defense will do so early losing so many leaders on that side of the ball.

If Florida has the same season they did this year that could be an undefeated match up in WB with Gameday coming to town. I feel good winning that game especially if it's at night (as long as we don't do a blackout of course).

3-0 in Eath Valley.
1996. 2010. 2012.
CocksB2BChamps24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:08 PM   #9
Jmansour333
Walk On

Male

Jmansour333 has feathers coming inJmansour333 has feathers coming in

Florida's gotta play LSU at LSU and Georgia's got LSU at home. Therefore, even if we lose one, we could still go to SECCG. I really don't see us losing to GA, and I really see Murray going pro. But, he is still 0-3 vs. USC. I'm really excited for next year!
Jmansour333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:11 PM   #10
JoeMorrisonLives
Blue Chip

Male

JoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spurs

Thankfully, our boys go into the UF game off of a bye week, not the most brutal stretch in the country, the 'cocks will be rested, ready and won't sh*t the bed. On top of that, UF loses the most talented player from a skill position in Gillislee, the way to beat them next year will be prepare for read option, they have no passing game, and doubt they will get one if they couldn't manage it with that O-line, and we can take the power run with our D-line. UGA will be difficult, but I see it becoming 4 in a row with their lack of defense which is to be expected next year.
JoeMorrisonLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:50 PM   #11
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

BCS or bust, no reason for us not to run the tables next season.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:27 PM   #12
Roosterdog
Two Deep

Male

Roosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot material

If we are ever going to do something of the MAJOR variety than next year would appear to be the best year for that.
Roosterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:30 PM   #13
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

11-1 regular season

beat LSU in the SECCG

Beat Ohio State in Title game
Old 12-22-2012, 08:32 PM   #14
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Should be a special season, but lets take care of Michigan first!!!
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:50 PM   #15
Garnet Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

I think we will run the table. Nobody intimidates our guys anymore.

The only real concern(s) I have are: 1) depth on the offensive line and linebacker and 2) can SE really coach our line on pass protection? He knows the zone/read but we need to start giving Connor and Dylan a true pocket from which to pass. Our technique and scheme have to improve.

I think Florida is not nearly as good as they think they are and I also believe that several of our guys really were sick when we played them. Florida deserved the win, but I don't think for a minute that they are the better team.

We know we can handle Georgia and I would be shocked if Murray didn't declare. What has he got left to prove to NFL scouts? Nothing.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:52 PM   #16
Garnet Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Year View Post
11-1 regular season

beat LSU in the SECCG

Beat Ohio State in Title game
Wrong. We run the WHOLE table.

I know without a doubt that we would beat LSU in a rematch at a neutral site (and a healthy Connor Shaw).

Getting past the Urban Legend might be tough, though. He understands SEC football better than almost anyone (except HBC and Nick Satan).
Old 12-22-2012, 08:54 PM   #17
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet Gamecock View Post
Wrong. We run the WHOLE table.

I know without a doubt that we would beat LSU in a rematch at a neutral site (and a healthy Connor Shaw).

Getting past the Urban Legend might be tough, though. He understands SEC football better than almost anyone (except HBC and Nick Satan).

I like the way you think.

You have made a believer out of me.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:48 PM   #18
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

CockyCash: 2300
USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material

NORTH CAROLINA Win
at Georgia* Win, most likely a new QB and they are losing quite a few on D.
VANDERBILT* Franklin has Vandy doing well but they are still Vandy, win
Open
at Central Florida W
KENTUCKY* Blowout
at Arkansas* W, new coach, new scheme, will take a while for Arky to be up again
at Tennessee* W, new QB. losing a star at WR.
at Missouri* W, still wont be ready to play big boy football
MISSISSIPPI STATE* MissSt is improving but we get them at home so WIN
Open
FLORIDA* our only true test IMO but we get them at home so, ill give it to us, W
COASTAL CAROLINA W
CLEMSON LOL

We have a great chance of running the table next year and I'll be very disappointed if we dont play for an SEC championship. If we can stay healthy and get some some solid guys to fill the 2deep on D we should be ok.

USCremedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:58 PM   #19
GetemGamecocks
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
GetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervousGetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervousGetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervousGetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervousGetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervousGetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervousGetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervous

Our SEC schedule should finally set us up as the favorites in the East, considering we don't sh*t the bed against Michigan.
GetemGamecocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:28 PM   #20
86 GradCock
7 Year Plan

Male

CockyCash: 1450
86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly

With the garnet glasses off, our OL will take 4 or 5 games to gel mainly because we lost a 4 year starter and leader of the offense at center. Talent and size are there, just need the chemistry to develop to be solid. QB and WR positions will be improved and should be able to put points on the board as long as the OL does a decent job. At RB, Marcus will be missed, but I feel the horses we have will allow us to be a run first offense and that is usually a winning formula in the SEC. GA should be the only real challenge in the first 5 games and I am 50/50 right now on who wins.

Down the stretch, they all look winnable, but playing SEC teams takes a toll. If we are lucky with the injuries, 6-1 is very probable with a loss to FL. 7-0 is the next highest probability which would put the season at 12-0 or 11-1 depending on the GA game. However, if the OL doesn't gel, we very well could get our asses handed to us in four or 5 games. I think this is the least likely outcome as I have faith Elliott will do a good job in replacing TJ and developing an OL for SEC play.

Of course, all of this is contingent on the defense playing up to the level we have seen the past few years. I do have some concern about losing so much LB talent along with leadership. However, I felt the same way about the D before this season and it worked out well. Clowney will be on a tear on his way to Heisman consideration. We have young talent that can step up (Diggs, Gurley, Dixson and English) and the coaches are very capable at developing this talent. With luck regarding injuries, this defense can keep us on track for that 12-0 or 11-1 season.

When I first starting reading this thread, I was thinking we would be a 4 loss team. However, after some consideration and looking at who we play, when and where, the season sets up nicely for us to make a run as long as the OL and defense develop.
86 GradCock is offline   Reply With Quote