CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spurticus
b381l
usc1
sanford
TAFC 5 1981
COCKYTALKIN
Mt. Lattimore
gamecockgal
Gamecockfanatic4
B-G
Top 10 Reasons Why T (2169)
Spurrier vs Saban (931)
Jaguars Justin Black (894)
Kansas to invest $75 (803)
When does fall pract (758)
Expect A Healthy Dos (365)
Frank Caliendo + Mor (316)
Anyone Switching to (300)
Darth Vader 'Vette (256)
Coach's media golf p (237)
Frank Caliendo + Morgan F
Green and Lammons
Gurley or Davis
2015 - Amonte Caban
Texags
2015 - Mon Denson
2015 - Nathan Gilliam
Lattimore Sidelined By Le
Coach's media golf press
Expect A Healthy Dose of


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2012, 08:09 AM   #101
Cocky2001
Blue Chip
 
Cocky2001's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 756
CockyCash: 320
Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material
Default Re: My latest installment of past game updates...

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopcockycock View Post
you appear to be one of the dumbest persons i have ever read a post from.
That simply means that you have the good sense to disagree with Snoopy here...and of course, the 'facts' that he offers are insults to the disagreeing poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopcockycock View Post
sorry, sometimes i get a little fired up when some ill-informed poster spouts off at the mouth.
Then you should live in a constant state of being 'fired up' with every post that you make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
Note to self: when insulting somebody for being super-stupid, make sure all words in post are correctly spelled.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheezy View Post
What snoopy is trying to say is that we should never discuss football on a football discussion forum. We may only post articles and messages that come directly from coaches or the athletic department, and we must not question any decisions made by the team, even hypothetically in typical message board fashion.
Hate to disagree with you, but what Snoopy is trying to say here is that you should all bow down to his insightfulness and only quote him and only believe things that you hear from him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post
hahahaha brilliant post.

"gripitandripit2007".. I think you are the same person as this snoopy character, neither of ya'll seem to have heard of paragraphs. It helps people better understand your point.

For you to say that Shaw is smart and efficient is laughable. He is smart and gritty, but efficient? Not knowing to get rid of the ball under pressure is not efficient at ALL. Consistently not making full reads and just taking off is not efficient. Under throwing our fast receivers is not efficient.

Yes he was the QB of a 10-2 team, but you act like it's only because of him that we were that good. It was because we had the greatest player in the nation, a nasty defense, great ST players, and an amazing RB (not to mention our head coach).
Post of the Thread!

Ask Alshon Jeffery how 'complete' of a QB Shaw is. In his last game for us, he basically thought, "Screw this", started a fight and watched the remainder of the game in the locker room on tv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopcockycock View Post
no, actually if you read my post, you would see that i prefer to stir up discussion. but part of that discussion should be backing up your pov with facts, not just...
...bashing any and every one that has the good common sense to disagree with you?

So...you 'stir up discussion' and bash those disagreeing with you...I guess that makes you the CT Jim Rome...you should be proud.

You are 7000 miles away and posting on games that took place a month ago and yet you know more than these guys who were actually there and have watched the game 10 times since it happened and been discussing it for weeks during lunch breaks with friends before you ever see it for the first time.
__________________
"Fear causes hesitation,
And hesitation causes
Your worst fears
to come true." Bodhi.
Cocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:32 AM   #102
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip
 
gripitandripit2007's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florence SC
Posts: 801
CockyCash: 500
gripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via Yahoo to gripitandripit2007
Default Re: My latest installment of past game updates...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky2001 View Post
Post of the Thread!

Ask Alshon Jeffery how 'complete' of a QB Shaw is. In his last game for us, he basically thought, "Screw this", started a fight and watched the remainder of the game in the locker room on tv.
If you think that is what AJ did you are one of the most blinded & delerious fans I have ever saw. He was MVP of the bowl game and Denard was harassing him the whole time...AJ had all he could take & eventually had enough & reacted but why would he quit...when he finally had a QB that would help him win a bowl game before he left? The other one couldn't do it in 3 years...Connor led them to win one his first year
__________________




WIN ANYWAY!!

gripitandripit2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:59 PM   #103
Cocky2001
Blue Chip
 
Cocky2001's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 756
CockyCash: 320
Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material
Default Re: My latest installment of past game updates...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gripitandripit2007 View Post
If you think that is what AJ did you are one of the most blinded & delerious fans I have ever saw. He was MVP of the bowl game and Denard was harassing him the whole time...AJ had all he could take & eventually had enough & reacted but why would he quit...when he finally had a QB that would help him win a bowl game before he left? The other one couldn't do it in 3 years...Connor led them to win one his first year
To be honest, that's not original to me...and I pretty much see it the way you state...I just threw that out there to see what the master of insight Snoop would say. The guy who told me this (with conviction I might add) really didn't like Shaw and I was on the other side of this discussion that day. I really do like Shaw, I just think that Thompson is a more complete QB and would prove so if he had the chances. I am more than comfortable with either of them QBing us in the bowl game. I guess Snoop didn't want to post on this one...I was looking forward to what he had to say.
__________________
"Fear causes hesitation,
And hesitation causes
Your worst fears
to come true." Bodhi.
Cocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:26 PM   #104
pantera17
Banned
 
pantera17's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Columbia SC
Posts: 12,053
CockyCash: 1057615
pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material
Default Re: My latest installment of past game updates...

Okay. Let's look at what we know. From what we as gamecock fans have seen through Connor and Dylan's careers. Now everyone that watches gamecock football has seen these. So we all know them to be true.

Connor Shaw:
Great athlete. Very fast.
Hard worker. Wants to get better.
Smart QB. Doesn't force passes.

Weak arm. There are some throws he just can't put enough on to make.

Shaw's first pass of the 2012 season was an route about 20yards down the field. Shaw couldn't get enough on the ball and it was picked off. After that we really didn't see shaw even attempt to make throws like that for the rest of the year. I really believe that first attempt of the season scared him for the rest of the year. We have all watched him. It's known that he doesnt have the strongest arm. And that he can't throw bullets all over the field.

BUT

You do NOT need to have a cannon to be good in Spurrier's offense. All you have to do is throw the ball. It really is that simple. And I don't think shaw believes in his arm enough. Or his instincts to run kick in. Or both. He trust his legs more than he trust his arm. But either way he has a big problem. I hope he can get over the hump.

Dylan Thompson:
Nice arm. Not elite by any means. But can put some zip on it.
Likes to throw. He wants to bomb it all over.
Fast learner. He has improved so much, so fast.

Inexperienced. Only has two starts.

To be honest before this season I never thought much about DT. Even after his first start I wasn't sure about him. But I liked that he liked to throw. And he could put some nice zip on the ball.

I was very nervous when I heard he was to start at Clemson. But man he blew me away. Did what he was told. Threw the ball when a pass play was called. We finally had a QB playing like a QB. He threw nfl types of throws. The back shoulder throw in the Endzone. The two rockets threw double coverage perfectly placed in justices hands that he dropped. It was so refreshing to see Spurrier's offense ran like its supposed to be run.

He coulda had a few passes picked. But hey so could have every QB. Look at Shaw for example. Aganst UGA. Under threw two passes badly and they were picked off but our guys snatched the ball out of their hands. Happens to everyone.

We all watch the games. The offense runs better under Dylan. And that's just a fact. If believe if shaw would actually throw he could run it like that. Even with the weaker arm.

I do like that DT went into a hostile stadium and played a great game.
pantera17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:31 AM   #105
Cocky2001
Blue Chip
 
Cocky2001's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 756
CockyCash: 320
Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material
Default Re: My latest installment of past game updates...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantera17 View Post
Okay. Let's look at what we know. From what we as gamecock fans have seen through Connor and Dylan's careers. Now everyone that watches gamecock football has seen these. So we all know them to be true.

Connor Shaw:
Great athlete. Very fast.
Hard worker. Wants to get better.
Smart QB. Doesn't force passes.

Weak arm. There are some throws he just can't put enough on to make.

Shaw's first pass of the 2012 season was an route about 20yards down the field. Shaw couldn't get enough on the ball and it was picked off. After that we really didn't see shaw even attempt to make throws like that for the rest of the year. I really believe that first attempt of the season scared him for the rest of the year. We have all watched him. It's known that he doesnt have the strongest arm. And that he can't throw bullets all over the field.

BUT

You do NOT need to have a cannon to be good in Spurrier's offense. All you have to do is throw the ball. It really is that simple. And I don't think shaw believes in his arm enough. Or his instincts to run kick in. Or both. He trust his legs more than he trust his arm. But either way he has a big problem. I hope he can get over the hump.

Dylan Thompson:
Nice arm. Not elite by any means. But can put some zip on it.
Likes to throw. He wants to bomb it all over.
Fast learner. He has improved so much, so fast.

Inexperienced. Only has two starts.

To be honest before this season I never thought much about DT. Even after his first start I wasn't sure about him. But I liked that he liked to throw. And he could put some nice zip on the ball.

I was very nervous when I heard he was to start at Clemson. But man he blew me away. Did what he was told. Threw the ball when a pass play was called. We finally had a QB playing like a QB. He threw nfl types of throws. The back shoulder throw in the Endzone. The two rockets threw double coverage perfectly placed in justices hands that he dropped. It was so refreshing to see Spurrier's offense ran like its supposed to be run.

He coulda had a few passes picked. But hey so could have every QB. Look at Shaw for example. Aganst UGA. Under threw two passes badly and they were picked off but our guys snatched the ball out of their hands. Happens to everyone.

We all watch the games. The offense runs better under Dylan. And that's just a fact. If believe if shaw would actually throw he could run it like that. Even with the weaker arm.

I do like that DT went into a hostile stadium and played a great game.
The ones that dream of someday being Mrs Connor Shaw when he is Rookie of the Year in the NFL aren't going to like this post, argue that your facts aren't as good as their facts, and call you stupid for not bowing down in reverence to them.

But, fwiw, I think you've made excellent points and a GREAT post!
__________________
"Fear causes hesitation,
And hesitation causes
Your worst fears
to come true." Bodhi.
Cocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:28 AM   #106
snoopcockycock
AQUACOCK
 
snoopcockycock's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Qamea Island, Fiji
Posts: 2,545
CockyCash: 500
snoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot material
Default Re: My latest installment of past game updates...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky2001 View Post
To be honest, that's not original to me...and I pretty much see it the way you state...I just threw that out there to see what the master of insight Snoop would say. I guess Snoop didn't want to post on this one...I was looking forward to what he had to say.
sorry for being late to the party, but our net was out.
so 2001, you like to stir the pot as well. and no, i don't agree with many of the points that pantera listed. for instance, which nfl throws is he writing about? i saw dylan short hop several balls on out routes. are those the ones? i saw him throw SIX balls right to the clempscum defenders. maybe those are the nfl throws he is talking about. there have been a lot of nfl qb's throwing tons of interception's this year.
next, not only does shaw not have a weak arm, but he actually has a strong arm. i'm not saying he has a cannon, but many of the announcers calling our games, have commented that shaw actually has a strong arm. plus, using some of you guys tech.'s, we've watched him make some excellent long throws last year. sos has commented several times about shaw throwing a beautiful long ball. it was one of the biggest story-lines coming out of preseason practice before the 2011 season. there were many comments about how shaw had a much more accurate long ball than garcia. so, what has changed? ooooooooooooh, i don't know, maybe a fractured scapula? maybe a fractured foot, and high ankle sprain? nah, that can't be it. what do feet have to do with throwing a ball? lol!!
come on guys. he has been injured all season long, behind an extremely young ol, who performed terribly in most games. so with injuries like that, wouldn't you be a little hesitant? and through all of that, he still went 8-2 as a starter. watch the bowl game, then we'll have something more to talk about.
and one final note for pantera. the offense doesn't run better under dylan, the offense runs better against crappy defenses. think about that for a while.
__________________
snoopcockycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:56 AM   #107
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC
 
yazoo's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Tryon, NC
Posts: 3,942
CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material
Default Re: My latest installment of past game updates...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantera17 View Post
Connor Shaw:

...

Weak arm. There are some throws he just can't put enough on to make.
False. Spurrier has stated several times that Connor throws a nice deep ball.
__________________
"if you donít have one quarterback then you have none"
--Dabo Sweeney (c. 2014)



Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:08 AM   #108
Next Year
Synthetica
 
Next Year's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Gamecock Nation
Posts: 2,468
CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material
Default Re: My latest installment of past game updates...

Healthy Shaw > Healthy Thompson > Injured Shaw
__________________
Hang in there!
Next Year is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:36 AM   #109
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip
 
gripitandripit2007's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florence SC
Posts: 801
CockyCash: 500
gripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via Yahoo to gripitandripit2007
Default Re: My latest installment of past game updates...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantera17 View Post
Okay. Let's look at what we know. From what we as gamecock fans have seen through Connor and Dylan's careers. Now everyone that watches gamecock football has seen these. So we all know them to be true.

Connor Shaw:
Great athlete. Very fast.
Hard worker. Wants to get better.
Smart QB. Doesn't force passes.

Weak arm. There are some throws he just can't put enough on to make.

Shaw's first pass of the 2012 season was an route about 20yards down the field. Shaw couldn't get enough on the ball and it was picked off. After that we really didn't see shaw even attempt to make throws like that for the rest of the year. I really believe that first attempt of the season scared him for the rest of the year. We have all watched him. It's known that he doesnt have the strongest arm. And that he can't throw bullets all over the field.

BUT

You do NOT need to have a cannon to be good in Spurrier's offense. All you have to do is throw the ball. It really is that simple. And I don't think shaw believes in his arm enough. Or his instincts to run kick in. Or both. He trust his legs more than he trust his arm. But either way he has a big problem. I hope he can get over the hump.

Dylan Thompson:
Nice arm. Not elite by any means. But can put some zip on it.
Likes to throw. He wants to bomb it all over.
Fast learner. He has improved so much, so fast.

Inexperienced. Only has two starts.

To be honest before this season I never thought much about DT. Even after his first start I wasn't sure about him. But I liked that he liked to throw. And he could put some nice zip on the ball.

I was very nervous when I heard he was to start at Clemson. But man he blew me away. Did what he was told. Threw the ball when a pass play was called. We finally had a QB playing like a QB. He threw nfl types of throws. The back shoulder throw in the Endzone. The two rockets threw double coverage perfectly placed in justices hands that he dropped. It was so refreshing to see Spurrier's offense ran like its supposed to be run.

He coulda had a few passes picked. But hey so could have every QB. Look at Shaw for example. Aganst UGA. Under threw two passes badly and they were picked off but our guys snatched the ball out of their hands. Happens to everyone.

We all watch the games. The offense runs better under Dylan. And that's just a fact. If believe if shaw would actually throw he could run it like that. Even with the weaker arm.

I do like that DT went into a hostile stadium and played a great game.
There are opinions...then there are facts...you gave your opinions...now...here are the facts...

Connor Shaw:
Hurt for over 90% of the year
Even though injured...and even playing against MUCH tougher defenses finished 12th IN THE COUNTRY in QB rating of 156.9
Best game he threw for 356 yards & 3 TDs

Dylan Thompson:
Healthy for over 90% of the year
Even though healthy...and even playing against MUCH weaker defenses finished 60th IN THE COUNTRY in QB rating of 134.9
Best game he threw for 330 yards & 3 TDs

A lot more facts are available if needed if this isn't enough
__________________




WIN ANYWAY!!

gripitandripit2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:35 AM   #110
pantera17
Banned
 
pantera17's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Columbia SC
Posts: 12,053
CockyCash: 1057615
pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material
Default Re: My latest installment of past game updates...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
False. Spurrier has stated several times that Connor throws a nice deep ball.
Something that needs to be cleared up. Everyone needs to know this.

Arm strength is measured in velocity not distance. Something all the great QBs have said many times. Velocity over distance everyday.

And yes I remember when spurrier said that. It was last off season correct? This season shaw didn't throw very many good deep throws. They were almost all underthrown.

But he threw nice ones in 2011. So it's possible his injury was the cause.
pantera17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:44 AM   #111
SimpleGamecock
Recruit
 
SimpleGamecock's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Atl
Posts: 182
CockyCash: 500
SimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSimpleGamecock has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: My latest installment of past game updates...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gripitandripit2007 View Post
There are opinions...then there are facts...you gave your opinions...now...here are the facts...

Connor Shaw:
Hurt for over 90% of the year
Even though injured...and even playing against MUCH tougher defenses finished 12th IN THE COUNTRY in QB rating of 156.9
Best game he threw for 356 yards & 3 TDs

Dylan Thompson:
Healthy for over 90% of the year
Even though healthy...and even playing against MUCH weaker defenses finished 60th IN THE COUNTRY in QB rating of 134.9
Best game he threw for 330 yards & 3 TDs

A lot more facts are available if needed if this isn't enough

Where are you getting this MUCH weaker defense information? Connor's best passing day was against UT which is the 113th worst passing defense in the nation. Dylan's was against ECU which is 110th, still not good but on par with Tennessee. And if you take a look at the games Connor played against a Top 50 passing defense GA, LSU, Florida he has struggled with the exception of Georiga (where he was only 6-10). I know LSU & Florida were on the road but in order to take the next step we need to win those games. If we beat Florida we are in Atlanta with a chance at the National Championship. And as was pointed out earlier Connor's 3 losses have all been on the road. He was hurt and I respect him for playing through the pain I really do but my hope is when he comes back healthy he can run the offense utilizing the talent around him and not tuck and run as much because Dylan has shown that when we have a QB that will stand in the pocket and deliver the ball we have the chance to be special on offense.
SimpleGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:01 PM   #112
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik
 
CoverTwo's Avatar
 
Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Posts: 34,592
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: My latest installment of past game updates...

Regardless what side of the fence you are on, there is no question there were some throws in that game that Connor can't make or hasn't shown the ability to make.

For example, the deep square in to Nick Jones where Jones was actually the 3rd option. The td to ace would be another. Both were frozen ropes between defenders. Then of course the back shoulder. This is what you get with Thompson. Higher risk but higher reward.

As fans it's just what style you prefer. Can't go wrong with either.
__________________
Follow @CTProvingGround on Twitter!

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:16 PM   #113
Dizzy01
Starter
 
Dizzy01's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 1,322
CockyCash: 500
Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material
Default Re: My latest installment of past game updates...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantera17 View Post
Something that needs to be cleared up. Everyone needs to know this.

Arm strength is measured in velocity not distance. Something all the great QBs have said many times. Velocity over distance everyday.

And yes I remember when spurrier said that. It was last off season correct? This season shaw didn't throw very many good deep throws. They were almost all underthrown.

But he threw nice ones in 2011. So it's possible his injury was the cause.
If velocity is the most important factor for a QB why did Jeff George and Ryan Leaf crap out but Drew Brees and Trent Dilfer won Superbowls?
Dizzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:37 PM   #114
pantera17
Banned
 
pantera17's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Columbia SC
Posts: 12,053
CockyCash: 1057615
pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material
Default Re: My latest installment of past game updates...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy01 View Post
If velocity is the most important factor for a QB why did Jeff George and Ryan Leaf crap out but Drew Brees and Trent Dilfer won Superbowls?
When did i say that?

All i was saying is when someone says arm stregth they need to be thinkong velocity
pantera17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:56 PM   #115
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip
 
gripitandripit2007's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florence SC
Posts: 801
CockyCash: 500
gripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via Yahoo to gripitandripit2007
Default Re: My latest installment of past game updates...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleGamecock View Post
Where are you getting this MUCH weaker defense information? Connor's best passing day was against UT which is the 113th worst passing defense in the nation. Dylan's was against ECU which is 110th, still not good but on par with Tennessee. And if you take a look at the games Connor played against a Top 50 passing defense GA, LSU, Florida he has struggled with the exception of Georiga (where he was only 6-10). I know LSU & Florida were on the road but in order to take the next step we need to win those games. If we beat Florida we are in Atlanta with a chance at the National Championship. And as was pointed out earlier Connor's 3 losses have all been on the road. He was hurt and I respect him for playing through the pain I really do but my hope is when he comes back healthy he can run the offense utilizing the talent around him and not tuck and run as much because Dylan has shown that when we have a QB that will stand in the pocket and deliver the ball we have the chance to be special on offense.
I'm talking OVERALL...Connors QBR is higher against ALL teams he faced...Vandy, Tenn, Georgia, Fla, LSU, etc. The teams he faced overall were "MUCH" better D's than the few bad ones Dylan faced. As for us beating top teams...it takes more than just a QB to win. Great D's shut down good QB's more often than not...look what the heisman winner did against LSU & Florida. They lost against 2 good defensive teams to keep them out of the SEC too...but their fans don't blame Manziel for it...so why are ours? And Connor has shown that "when we have a QB that will stand in the pocket & deliver the ball we have a chance to be a special offense" also against bad D's...see Tennessee game
__________________




WIN ANYWAY!!

gripitandripit2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:59 PM   #116
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip
 
gripitandripit2007's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florence SC
Posts: 801
CockyCash: 500
gripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via Yahoo to gripitandripit2007
Default Re: My latest installment of past game updates...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Regardless what side of the fence you are on, there is no question there were some throws in that game that Connor can't make or hasn't shown the ability to make.

For example, the deep square in to Nick Jones where Jones was actually the 3rd option. The td to ace would be another. Both were frozen ropes between defenders. Then of course the back shoulder. This is what you get with Thompson. Higher risk but higher reward.

As fans it's just what style you prefer. Can't go wrong with either.
I would rather have the safe QB...high risk does equal higher reward...but I would much rather have someone that throws less pics....they destroy games
__________________




WIN ANYWAY!!

gripitandripit2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:01 PM   #117
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip
 
gripitandripit2007's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florence SC
Posts: 801
CockyCash: 500
gripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via Yahoo to gripitandripit2007
Default Re: My latest installment of past game updates...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy01 View Post
If velocity is the most important factor for a QB why did Jeff George and Ryan Leaf crap out but Drew Brees and Trent Dilfer won Superbowls?
Exactly!!!

Jamarcus Russell was another example.
Peyton Manning don't have a "gun" like other QBs do...but I will take Peyton's accuracy over velocity an day!
__________________




WIN ANYWAY!!

gripitandripit2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:05 PM   #118
Nureye
Smash and Grab
 
Nureye's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Columbia
Posts: 1,545
CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material
Default Re: My latest installment of past game updates...

I think this thread is based on one major fallacy. That Clemson is a good football team.

Clemson is not good at playing football.

Therefore, Dylan should get credit for beating a very average football program. The rest is inconsequential.
__________________
I understand basic math.
Nureye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:15 PM   #119
cockybusiness2
1st Team All-SEC
 
cockybusiness2's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Amelia Island Fl.
Posts: 4,840
CockyCash: 477000
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material
Default Re: My latest installment of past game updates...

I took time to read the entire thread... Then ...LMAO... I remember when I got bashed for calling for Garcia... I probabaly deserved it. Both SHAW AND THOMPSON ARE GOOD NOT GREAT qb's. EACH HAS HIS OWN SKILL SET...

But let me ask the Shaw bashers... Would we have beated Vandy without Shaw
cockybusiness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:17 PM   #120
cockybusiness2
1st Team All-SEC
 
cockybusiness2's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Amelia Island Fl.
Posts: 4,840
CockyCash: 477000
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material
Default Re: My latest installment of past game updates...

Excuse my yelling my cap lock got stuck
cockybusiness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Provided by SLB Development