CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Latti
ReadR00ster
U-Dub Gamecock
rosstheboss
Bobby Boucher
usc1
b381l
acejrock
NJCocky14
roosterdude21
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (8055)
Super-Efficient Ax (334)
South Carolina @ Aub (288)
BREAD (269)
Starz Black Sails (174)
Dress shirt help (172)
BREAD
Connor Mitch
Kelcy and Vic questioned
2015 - Auden Tate
Josh Cunningham Power For
MLB 14: The Show (PS4)
2016 - Greg Little
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
How to cut the mustard
Larenz Bryant update?

Old 12-24-2012, 01:00 PM   #1
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material
Default Tebow a hypocrite?

I know there are a lot of Tebow worshipers out there. They think he is some kind of great person, and put him on a pedestal. Well, I think we are finally starting see him start to get knocked off that pedestal (which I think is probably a good thing for him). No, I don't disagree with what he did in refusing his coaches when he didn't want to play Wildcat QB any more. I actually do applaud him for it. It's the reaction a normal person treated the way Tebow was treat would have had. That's the point. Tebow is normal. When push came to shove he put himself before team. That is business in the the professional world. All the "rah rah" talk from Tebow doing whatever the team requires always made me roll my eyes. I just never could really buy that he actually believed what he was saying 100%. To me he is just says things all the time that people want to hear, and though he was able to convince many people, it was never really convincing to me at all. That is just the way he sells himself.

So, yeah, I think Tebow is a hypocrite, but so what. The entire league is filled with hypocrisy. This is how Tebow learned it, from watching NFL players make these same kind of "nice-sounding professional, team-first" kind of speeches and then half of them turn around and get into all kinds of mischief off the field and hold out for more money when they are already making millions. But they say this stuff anyways because that is what their BOSSES want to hear. Or about how the league talks about making all these rule changes in the name of "player safety" yet they want more games?

I don't see Tebow as a shining light. I seem as a good guy who plays a game for money. He is pretty normal. He stays out of trouble, which is commendable. But at the end of the he is a back up QB, who I think has a slim chance to make it as a starting NFL QB. He has a long way to go in that regard. Despite what he says is NOT all about the team, but he would be a great teammate in the right situation, and I applaud him for recognizing that JETS, who I can't stand as a Dolphin fan, is not that situation. Again I think the dude is a good guy, but he DOES have a self bone in him as he should. But at the end of the day he needs to really improve his passing accuracy and a quicker release, otherwise he is not long for this league.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:04 PM   #2
cockyjordan3
Wofford Terrier

Male

CockyCash: 392442
cockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Tebow a hypocrite?

He's a good guy, but human nonetheless. I hope he's able to find a situation that he can thrive in. He has the potential to influence alot of people.

cockyjordan3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:08 PM   #3
Cocky2001
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material

Why should he lay it all on the line for a team...organization...that has demonstrated that they won't do the same for him? Right now, it seems that his actions are mirroring their's concerning him.

Can't blame him for that when you're in a league where actions are based on money and not team.
to come true." Bodhi.
Cocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:14 PM   #4
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Obviously he needs to be on a team that has a really good defense and offensive players around him. He can hold his own in a conservative offense. He does some things well. He protects the ball and avoids pressure, avoid bad turnovers, and get's the ball in hands of play makers, and recognizes when he has a miss-match down the field. Basically is one of those "game managing" QBs. BUT...

The accuracy and getting the ball out of his is such a problem that is difference in him being a terrible QB and star, pro bowl caliber QB.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:17 PM   #5
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Tebow will be a Jaguar next year, you can count on that. The thing is the Jets brought him purely as a publicity stunt, they have big time inferiority complex to the Giants, look at all the publicity Tebow and the Jets have received this year, it was so much that even the 4 Letter had to come out and say they need to cut back on Tebow. He is good for ratings, fans in the stands, and jersey sales, however he is also three ring circus not completely his fault maybe 15%, mostly the media, and his cult like fanbase are the real problems. But if he actually thought he was going to be the starting QB for the Jets well he is dumber than he looks, he was going to be a situational QB, nothing wrong with that especially when it was going to play to his strengths QB runs, and a few let it rip passes. He would be better as a TE, has the size, strength, and the intangibles for the position. If he wants to be a starting QB there is always the Canadian League....
Old 12-24-2012, 01:21 PM   #6
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky2001 View Post
Why should he lay it all on the line for a team...organization...that has demonstrated that they won't do the same for him? Right now, it seems that his actions are mirroring their's concerning him.

Can't blame him for that when you're in a league where actions are based on money and not team.
Exactly. BUT... that is not consistent with things he has said. Either he is assimilating himself and letting the league change him, or he didn't really mean it, or people took what he said way too seriously and out of context. I think it is a combination of the last two personally, maybe all three.

And don't forget he is being paid to do a job, and he is telling his bosses, "no." Is that professional? I don't think so, but I still think he was right to do it, because in life you have to make choices. If you know what you want in life, are you going to waste a lot of time doing things that are not going to get you closer to your goal? No, of course not. That is why he is choosing to "take the low road." This time. He has to in order to achieve his goal.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:24 PM   #7
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
Tebow will be a Jaguar next year, you can count on that. The thing is the Jets brought him purely as a publicity stunt, they have big time inferiority complex to the Giants, look at all the publicity Tebow and the Jets have received this year, it was so much that even the 4 Letter had to come out and say they need to cut back on Tebow. He is good for ratings, fans in the stands, and jersey sales, however he is also three ring circus not completely his fault maybe 15%, mostly the media, and his cult like fanbase are the real problems. But if he actually thought he was going to be the starting QB for the Jets well he is dumber than he looks, he was going to be a situational QB, nothing wrong with that especially when it was going to play to his strengths QB runs, and a few let it rip passes. He would be better as a TE, has the size, strength, and the intangibles for the position. If he wants to be a starting QB there is always the Canadian League....
I agree with everything. And I actually love the CFL idea. He could actually use his circus to make Canadian football relevant. His cult will follow him anywhere. And don't we have some Gamecocks playing in the CFL?
Old 12-24-2012, 01:27 PM   #8
CampusPolice
To Protect and Serve

Male

CockyCash: 2200
CampusPolice is sharpening his clawsCampusPolice is sharpening his clawsCampusPolice is sharpening his clawsCampusPolice is sharpening his clawsCampusPolice is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
I know there are a lot of Tebow worshipers out there. They think he is some kind of great person, and put him on a pedestal. Well, I think we are finally starting see him start to get knocked off that pedestal (which I think is probably a good thing for him). No, I don't disagree with what he did in refusing his coaches when he didn't want to play Wildcat QB any more. I actually do applaud him for it. It's the reaction a normal person treated the way Tebow was treat would have had. That's the point. Tebow is normal. When push came to shove he put himself before team. That is business in the the professional world. All the "rah rah" talk from Tebow doing whatever the team requires always made me roll my eyes. I just never could really buy that he actually believed what he was saying 100%. To me he is just says things all the time that people want to hear, and though he was able to convince many people, it was never really convincing to me at all. That is just the way he sells himself.

So, yeah, I think Tebow is a hypocrite, but so what. The entire league is filled with hypocrisy. This is how Tebow learned it, from watching NFL players make these same kind of "nice-sounding professional, team-first" kind of speeches and then half of them turn around and get into all kinds of mischief off the field and hold out for more money when they are already making millions. But they say this stuff anyways because that is what their BOSSES want to hear. Or about how the league talks about making all these rule changes in the name of "player safety" yet they want more games?

I don't see Tebow as a shining light. I seem as a good guy who plays a game for money. He is pretty normal. He stays out of trouble, which is commendable. But at the end of the he is a back up QB, who I think has a slim chance to make it as a starting NFL QB. He has a long way to go in that regard. Despite what he says is NOT all about the team, but he would be a great teammate in the right situation, and I applaud him for recognizing that JETS, who I can't stand as a Dolphin fan, is not that situation. Again I think the dude is a good guy, but he DOES have a self bone in him as he should. But at the end of the day he needs to really improve his passing accuracy and a quicker release, otherwise he is not long for this league.

Sounds like you're still butthurt from him running thru our defense for 3 years and are just waiting for him to fail.

Remember, all he does is win.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:30 PM   #9
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampusPolice View Post
Sounds like you're still butthurt from him running thru our defense for 3 years and are just waiting for him to fail.

Remember, all he does is win.
Only when the rest of his team carries him. Those Gators he team he had was probably the most loaded college football teams I have ever seen in my life.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:30 PM   #10
CampusPolice
To Protect and Serve

Male

CampusPolice is sharpening his clawsCampusPolice is sharpening his clawsCampusPolice is sharpening his clawsCampusPolice is sharpening his clawsCampusPolice is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Only when the rest of his team carries him.
I get it now. You're not butthurt, just a hater. I feel bad for you, man,
Old 12-24-2012, 01:31 PM   #11
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

I think Tebow is a great person, and as far as football goes, he just hasn't had the right situation yet. First, he's with Denver and the job is all but his, then the Manning thing happens, and then he moves over to NY where they already have a #1 at QB. I still believe that if he gets in the right situation where he's getting the majority of snaps he'll be able to become an effective NFL player.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:33 PM   #12
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampusPolice View Post
I get it now. You're not butthurt, just a hater. I feel bad for you, man,
Nah, you're just a Tebow cultist.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:37 PM   #13
CampusPolice
To Protect and Serve

Male

Quote:
Nah, you're just a Tebow cultist.
Wrong on that, too.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:37 PM   #14
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockholio View Post
I think Tebow is a great person, and as far as football goes, he just hasn't had the right situation yet. First, he's with Denver and the job is all but his, then the Manning thing happens, and then he moves over to NY where they already have a #1 at QB. I still believe that if he gets in the right situation where he's getting the majority of snaps he'll be able to become an effective NFL player.
If the job "was all his" why did they trade him to the Jets where they already had a #1 QB? The job was all his for a while by default, because Kyle Orton didn't want to be a Bronco and his team mates didn't want to play for Orton because of it. So Tebow got the job when Denver finally trade Orton away, but that was just a temporary fix for them. Elway's long-term plans NEVER included Tim Tebow as a starter. He was Josh McDaniel's project. If the Bronco's didn't get Manning, it probably would have been Matt Flynn or Chad Henne as QB for Denver, it would not have been Tebow.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:43 PM   #15
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

I thought this thread was going to be about how Tebow finally got laid.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:43 PM   #16
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockholio View Post
The only thing is that 31 other teams didn't want the distraction, the Jaguars are the only logical fit since they have given up on Gabbert, and quite frankly they need butts in the seats and Tebow can do this. The Jets gave up a 4th and what a 7th round pick for the media circus, the players in the lockeroom there want Tebow gone, maybe he is a T.O. or Ochocinco, but we don't know what goes on in there. I think personally Tebow is a closeted self centered used car salesman, puts on one heck of show but when you remove the facade you see the true colors. He loves the camera there is no doubt about that.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:45 PM   #17
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
I thought this thread was going to be about how Tebow finally got laid.
No he got dumped because he probably wouldn't put out to this. You know the Pure One cannot give into carnal pleasures, he cannot deflower himself until he finds the right guy.

Old 12-24-2012, 01:51 PM   #18
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
The only thing is that 31 other teams didn't want the distraction, the Jaguars are the only logical fit since they have given up on Gabbert, and quite frankly they need butts in the seats and Tebow can do this. The Jets gave up a 4th and what a 7th round pick for the media circus, the players in the lockeroom there want Tebow gone, maybe he is a T.O. or Ochocinco, but we don't know what goes on in there. I think personally Tebow is a closeted self centered used car salesman, puts on one heck of show but when you remove the facade you see the true colors. He loves the camera there is no doubt about that.
I agree to a degree that he is a self-centered used car salesman, but he still is a better person than 85-95% percent of the players in the league. And I don't dislike like Tebow. I am rooting for him. What I DON'T like is the over-the-top worshiping of him and excuse-making for him, and I don't like him as starting QB in the NFL. At least not yet. But I still think their is hope for him that he will improve and someone will give him a chance. He is a serviceable backup right now in my estimation, and I hope wherever he goes he will at least be given a chance to be that. The Jet's didn't even give him that much respect. That is why he is pissed. And I think that is understandable.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:54 PM   #19
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

Quote:
I agree to a degree that he is a self-centered used car salesman, but he still is a better person than 85-95% percent of the players in the league. And I don't dislike like Tebow. I am rooting for him. What I DON'T like is the over-the-top worshiping of him and excuse-making for him, and I don't like him as starting QB in the NFL. At least not yet. But I still think their is hope for him that he will improve and someone will give him a chance.
He is not a bad kid by any means, good guy too bad there aren't more kids in the league like him but I just don't like him.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:55 PM   #20
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

Quote:
If the job "was all his" why did they trade him to the Jets where they already had a #1 QB? The job was all his for a while by default, because Kyle Orton didn't want to be a Bronco and his team mates didn't want to play for Orton because of it. So Tebow got the job when Denver finally trade Orton away, but that was just a temporary fix for them. Elway's long-term plans NEVER included Tim Tebow as a starter. He was Josh McDaniel's project. If the Bronco's didn't get Manning, it probably would have been Matt Flynn or Chad Henne as QB for Denver, it would not have been Tebow.
Hey I'm not here to give you a history lesson, but Tebow led Denver to the playoff's last season. Their first appearance in years. He had Elway's endorsement, then the Manning thing happened. Tough for Tebow that a HOF Qb happened to be available and took his job.