CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
COCKYTALKIN
Spurticus
b381l
thekob
sanford
B-G
usc1
TAFC 5 1981
Rooster'srule
Mt. Lattimore
Gurley or Davis (925)
Lattimore Sidelined (874)
Expect A Healthy Dos (733)
Steve Spurrier - Say (530)
Coach's media golf p (398)
college football mat (306)
South Carolina Footb (289)
A house just blew up (202)
Destiny Beta (162)
Minda Kacinas Q& (150)
2015 - Christian Pellage
Seventh Woods (2016 Prosp
Coach's media golf press
Kansas to invest $75 mill
Steve Spurrier - Say What
Sidney Rice Retiring From
Official SEC Network and
2014-15 Premier League se
college football match up
Gamecock Showcase Attende

Old 12-24-2012, 04:38 PM   #41
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76
Default Re: Tebow a hypocrite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
Eh I disagree when his employer is one of the few people to give him a job in the NFL. Tebow should be thankful for every snap in the NFL because they will be limited.
Negative. he could have gone to Jacksonville, last season, the jets, the broncos would have kept him on as a backup. he had options. He went where he figured he would have the best chance to start because the starting qb cant handle toe spotlight.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:40 PM   #42
Cigaro
I drink your milkshake

Male

CockyCash: 50092224
Cigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockholio View Post
I think Tebow is a great person, and as far as football goes, he just hasn't had the right situation yet. First, he's with Denver and the job is all but his, then the Manning thing happens, and then he moves over to NY where they already have a #1 at QB. I still believe that if he gets in the right situation where he's getting the majority of snaps he'll be able to become an effective NFL player.
The Manning thing happened because of Tebow. Elway simply did not see anything close to a franchise quarterback in Tebow, so he went out and got one(for a few years, at least).
Old 12-24-2012, 04:41 PM   #43
Cigaro
I drink your milkshake

Male

Cigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
Negative. he could have gone to Jacksonville, last season, the jets, the broncos would have kept him on as a backup. he had options. He went where he figured he would have the best chance to start because the starting qb cant handle toe spotlight.
The Jaguars owner stated he didn't want Tebow, and Tebow would not get snaps while Peyton is in town. So he does have a point, few teams are actually looking at Tebow as a quarterback.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:41 PM   #44
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Exactly my point. The Jags are the only other team out there willing to take him. The Jets and Broncos both essentially pushed him out and took away his job.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:52 PM   #45
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material

Okay, say he was say they jets were the only team willing to give him a chance. Even if it is a "Business" you dont screw with someone like that. If you tell the guy he'll have a chance, give him a chance. That goes back to Rex being a POS. He was a publicity stunt. I still believe that Tebow can turn a franchise around simply by passion and attitude. ANd until im proven otherwise, thats what ill believe.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:08 PM   #46
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

One can only do so much until they're given the opportunity, and the NFL isn't the NCAA. People around you, including your own team, act a LOT differently when they're playing for cash.

He stepped up with Denver last year. Elway just wanted Luck but had to settle for Manning.

The Jets have an organizational leadership issue. That's not Tebow's fault.

Tebow will land somewhere and flourish. It will just take a little time.
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:19 PM   #47
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

We will take him in Tampa, easily. Everyone talking about how bad Sanchez is must not be watching Bucs games featuring Josh Freeman...which would make sense, because they are rarely televised.

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:21 PM   #48
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyInGA View Post
One can only do so much until they're given the opportunity, and the NFL isn't the NCAA. People around you, including your own team, act a LOT differently when they're playing for cash.

He stepped up with Denver last year. Elway just wanted Luck but had to settle for Manning.

The Jets have an organizational leadership issue. That's not Tebow's fault.

Tebow will land somewhere and flourish. It will just take a little time.
HAHA Settle for manning. Thats funny. I like what you said though, you never know what a guy can do until you give him a chance. And they havent.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:26 PM   #49
Cigaro
I drink your milkshake

Male

Quote:
HAHA Settle for manning. Thats funny. I like what you said though, you never know what a guy can do until you give him a chance. And they havent.
Well yes, if he wanted Luck, he would be settling for Manning. Not based on playing ability, but on longevity. Luck looks like he could end up as good as Manning, and he has easily more than a decade worth of football left in him. But the Broncos had no shot at Luck unless they planned on throwing the season.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:28 PM   #50
me4USC
Blue Chip

Female

CockyCash: 500
me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
I know there are a lot of Tebow worshipers out there. They think he is some kind of great person, and put him on a pedestal. Well, I think we are finally starting see him start to get knocked off that pedestal (which I think is probably a good thing for him). No, I don't disagree with what he did in refusing his coaches when he didn't want to play Wildcat QB any more. I actually do applaud him for it. It's the reaction a normal person treated the way Tebow was treat would have had. That's the point. Tebow is normal. When push came to shove he put himself before team. That is business in the the professional world. All the "rah rah" talk from Tebow doing whatever the team requires always made me roll my eyes. I just never could really buy that he actually believed what he was saying 100%. To me he is just says things all the time that people want to hear, and though he was able to convince many people, it was never really convincing to me at all. That is just the way he sells himself.

So, yeah, I think Tebow is a hypocrite, but so what. The entire league is filled with hypocrisy. This is how Tebow learned it, from watching NFL players make these same kind of "nice-sounding professional, team-first" kind of speeches and then half of them turn around and get into all kinds of mischief off the field and hold out for more money when they are already making millions. But they say this stuff anyways because that is what their BOSSES want to hear. Or about how the league talks about making all these rule changes in the name of "player safety" yet they want more games?

I don't see Tebow as a shining light. I seem as a good guy who plays a game for money. He is pretty normal. He stays out of trouble, which is commendable. But at the end of the he is a back up QB, who I think has a slim chance to make it as a starting NFL QB. He has a long way to go in that regard. Despite what he says is NOT all about the team, but he would be a great teammate in the right situation, and I applaud him for recognizing that JETS, who I can't stand as a Dolphin fan, is not that situation. Again I think the dude is a good guy, but he DOES have a self bone in him as he should. But at the end of the day he needs to really improve his passing accuracy and a quicker release, otherwise he is not long for this league.
This is offensive to me as a Christian. You wouldn't call Tebow a hypocrite if he was not vocal about his faith.
me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:35 PM   #51
Rh Gamecock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudly

So he's human thanks for letting us know.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:49 PM   #52
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material

Quote:
I know there are a lot of Tebow worshipers out there. They think he is some kind of great person, and put him on a pedestal. Well, I think we are finally starting see him start to get knocked off that pedestal (which I think is probably a good thing for him). No, I don't disagree with what he did in refusing his coaches when he didn't want to play Wildcat QB any more. I actually do applaud him for it. It's the reaction a normal person treated the way Tebow was treat would have had. That's the point. Tebow is normal. When push came to shove he put himself before team. That is business in the the professional world. All the "rah rah" talk from Tebow doing whatever the team requires always made me roll my eyes. I just never could really buy that he actually believed what he was saying 100%. To me he is just says things all the time that people want to hear, and though he was able to convince many people, it was never really convincing to me at all. That is just the way he sells himself.

So, yeah, I think Tebow is a hypocrite, but so what. The entire league is filled with hypocrisy. This is how Tebow learned it, from watching NFL players make these same kind of "nice-sounding professional, team-first" kind of speeches and then half of them turn around and get into all kinds of mischief off the field and hold out for more money when they are already making millions. But they say this stuff anyways because that is what their BOSSES want to hear. Or about how the league talks about making all these rule changes in the name of "player safety" yet they want more games?

I don't see Tebow as a shining light. I seem as a good guy who plays a game for money. He is pretty normal. He stays out of trouble, which is commendable. But at the end of the he is a back up QB, who I think has a slim chance to make it as a starting NFL QB. He has a long way to go in that regard. Despite what he says is NOT all about the team, but he would be a great teammate in the right situation, and I applaud him for recognizing that JETS, who I can't stand as a Dolphin fan, is not that situation. Again I think the dude is a good guy, but he DOES have a self bone in him as he should. But at the end of the day he needs to really improve his passing accuracy and a quicker release, otherwise he is not long for this league.
i wouldnt call tebow a hypocrit for not wanting to play wildcat qb on a team that doesnt appreciate him. He is at a team that is a dumpster fire and full of bad energy.
imabeastonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:52 PM   #53
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material

Quote:
If the job "was all his" why did they trade him to the Jets where they already had a #1 QB? The job was all his for a while by default, because Kyle Orton didn't want to be a Bronco and his team mates didn't want to play for Orton because of it. So Tebow got the job when Denver finally trade Orton away, but that was just a temporary fix for them. Elway's long-term plans NEVER included Tim Tebow as a starter. He was Josh McDaniel's project. If the Bronco's didn't get Manning, it probably would have been Matt Flynn or Chad Henne as QB for Denver, it would not have been Tebow.
they got rid of tebow to make cap room and to get peyton manning? are you retarted?
Old 12-24-2012, 05:54 PM   #54
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

it amazes me how many people dont like tebow even when they never met him. I really dont get it. He is a great role model for our kids. if espn never hyped him up most people wouldnt even know what team he was on
Old 12-24-2012, 05:56 PM   #55
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by imabeastonu View Post
they got rid of tebow to make cap room and to get peyton manning? are you retarted?
Like I said, Matt Flynn or Chad Henne had a better chance of starting for Denver this year than Tim Tebow. He was not in Denver's plans. He was Josh McDaniel's leftovers.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:58 PM   #56
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by imabeastonu View Post
it amazes me how many people dont like tebow even when they never met him. I really dont get it. He is a great role model for our kids. if espn never hyped him up most people wouldnt even know what team he was on
He's behavior is fake and he is not a very good player. He is just alright. And he just doesn't seem as good as person as people make him out the be. He is overrated, and all the people who kiss his butt don't know him either. He is not a bad guy, but he is JUST a back up QB in the NFL that deserves absolutely no special attention or treatment what so ever.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:09 PM   #57
BuCockyfan
Two Deep

Male

BuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
Image if Cam Newton had told RR no, can you image the shitstorm that will follow that crap? Tebow is a mediocre QB with crappy mechanics and even crappier accuracy. Maybe he should pray harder to be as good as Brady Quinn, because all that praying isn't getting him more playing time.
Dude...just stop trying to be funny.
BuCockyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:10 PM   #58
BuCockyfan
Two Deep

Male

BuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his comb

Quote:
He's behavior is fake and he is not a very good player. He is just alright. And he just doesn't seem as good as person as people make him out the be. He is overrated, and all the people who kiss his butt don't know him either. He is not a bad guy, but he is JUST a back up QB in the NFL that deserves absolutely no special attention or treatment what so ever.
He's good enough to have destroyed us for 4 years...
BuCockyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:13 PM   #59
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Tim Tebow's job shouldnt be as an Up-back on a freakin punt team. And he did his job, but if your boss screws you over, then you eventually have to say something, especially if you've done everything he has asked up until that breaking point. Rex Ryan is a POS.
Tebow played Up-back on the punt team and Wildcat QB because that is job that he earned by stinking it up in practice as a QB convincing the Jets that he was a mistake. Tebow is obviously dead set on being a QB, but the Jets don't owe him that opportunity. They don't owe him a dang thing. If you want something in the NFL you earn it. They gave Tebow a chance to earn it and he fell on his face. They have no obligation to play a guy that gave them plenty of reason not believe in him.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:14 PM   #60
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuCockyfan View Post
He's good enough to have destroyed us for 4 years...
You mean Harvin and Hernandez and Spikes? Anyone could have won on that team. You could have Ryan Succop behind the center those teams they would still be playing for SEC championships they were so loaded. Their defenses absolutely shut us down. Tebow is not much when he is not on the overwhelmingly more talented team.