CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
Spurrier_Superior_On
18IsTheMan
b381l
Order 66
catdaddy66
Clowneygotcha
gadeneer1986
cockyguitar
NinjaSven
Looking ahead to UGA (3374)
My Observations Abou (2886)
Gurley lined up to t (1568)
Who else wants to se (1451)
Kelcy and Victor Ham (1102)
How far do we fall.. (1096)
Shaq Roland (1055)
I Am Ashamed (1040)
Shon Carson at KR (864)
Time to quit crying. (651)
Kevin Sumlin Thoughts.
My Observations About USC
Who else wants to see Con
How far do we fall...
Signee James Thompson arr
Confused fan here. Why i
Looking ahead to UGA
Should be interesting in
I Am Ashamed
Seems like a lot of troll

Old 12-24-2012, 06:58 PM   #61
gocockswyn
Starter

Female

CockyCash: 500
gocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudly
Default Re: Tebow a hypocrite?

Hope it all works out for him in Jacksonville. I did not like the idea of Tebow and the Jets. Their cultures are just too different. But in the end it is a job and it did not work out.
gocockswyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:21 PM   #62
Cigaro
I drink your milkshake

Male

CockyCash: 50092224
Cigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuCockyfan View Post
He's good enough to have destroyed us for 4 years...
This is the NFL, not college football. Plenty of college stars amount to nothing in the pros.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:32 PM   #63
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
You mean Harvin and Hernandez and Spikes? Anyone could have won on that team. You could have Ryan Succop behind the center those teams they would still be playing for SEC championships they were so loaded. Their defenses absolutely shut us down. Tebow is not much when he is not on the overwhelmingly more talented team.

I'm not a Tebow worshiper like some people on here but don't downplay Tebow as a college QB. Sure the rest of their team was awesome but he ran and threw all over us every year he was there. Great college QB, bad pro QB.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:06 PM   #64
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by imabeastonu View Post
it amazes me how many people dont like tebow even when they never met him. I really dont get it. He is a great role model for our kids. if espn never hyped him up most people wouldnt even know what team he was on
It amazes me the number of people on here who still haven't gotten over Cam Newton and they haven't met him. I give Tebow credit while he was in college the kid could ball but in the NFL not so much.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:07 PM   #65
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

Quote:
I know there are a lot of Tebow worshipers out there. They think he is some kind of great person, and put him on a pedestal. Well, I think we are finally starting see him start to get knocked off that pedestal (which I think is probably a good thing for him). No, I don't disagree with what he did in refusing his coaches when he didn't want to play Wildcat QB any more. I actually do applaud him for it. It's the reaction a normal person treated the way Tebow was treat would have had. That's the point. Tebow is normal. When push came to shove he put himself before team. That is business in the the professional world. All the "rah rah" talk from Tebow doing whatever the team requires always made me roll my eyes. I just never could really buy that he actually believed what he was saying 100%. To me he is just says things all the time that people want to hear, and though he was able to convince many people, it was never really convincing to me at all. That is just the way he sells himself.

So, yeah, I think Tebow is a hypocrite, but so what. The entire league is filled with hypocrisy. This is how Tebow learned it, from watching NFL players make these same kind of "nice-sounding professional, team-first" kind of speeches and then half of them turn around and get into all kinds of mischief off the field and hold out for more money when they are already making millions. But they say this stuff anyways because that is what their BOSSES want to hear. Or about how the league talks about making all these rule changes in the name of "player safety" yet they want more games?

I don't see Tebow as a shining light. I seem as a good guy who plays a game for money. He is pretty normal. He stays out of trouble, which is commendable. But at the end of the he is a back up QB, who I think has a slim chance to make it as a starting NFL QB. He has a long way to go in that regard. Despite what he says is NOT all about the team, but he would be a great teammate in the right situation, and I applaud him for recognizing that JETS, who I can't stand as a Dolphin fan, is not that situation. Again I think the dude is a good guy, but he DOES have a self bone in him as he should. But at the end of the day he needs to really improve his passing accuracy and a quicker release, otherwise he is not long for this league.
http://www.latimes.com/sports/sports...,2402971.story
Quote:
Jets Coach Rex Ryan insisted on Monday that reserve quarterback Tim Tebow would have run the wildcat offense if called upon against the San Diego Chargers on Sunday.

Of course, Tebow had reportedly told the coaching staff that he wanted no part of the wildcat after it was decided that third-string quarterback Greg McElroy would become the starter in place of ineffective Mark Sanchez.
Receiver Jeremy Kerley, who played quarterback in high school and led his team to a state title, ran the wildcat offense in a 27-17 loss to the Chargers.
Ryan thinks that Tebow would have done anything the coaching staff asked, from running the wildcat to taking over for McElroy.

“He was disappointed, there's no question,” Ryan said. “He was disappointed that he was not named the starter, but with that being said, I'm not going to get into private conversations that I have with players, but it was my decision to use Jeremy Kerley in the wildcat, without question.

“But I'll say this: I believe if Tim's number was called, he would've went in and played. I don't think there's any doubt about that.”

Ryan took the high road when he was asked whether Tebow's actions could be called insubordination.

“You guys are assuming something's a fact or whatever, and that's fine,” Ryan said. “If I would have asked Tim to play in anything, Tim would have gone into the game and done that.”
Old 12-24-2012, 08:33 PM   #66
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

OldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot material

Looks like we got a pyro whose blowin' a lot of smoke hopin' his words won't go up in flames. Match, anyone? LOL.
OldPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:41 PM   #67
me4USC
Blue Chip

Female

me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by imabeastonu View Post
it amazes me how many people dont like tebow even when they never met him. I really dont get it. He is a great role model for our kids. if espn never hyped him up most people wouldnt even know what team he was on
They don't like him because he's vocal about his Christianity. Thompson is receiving the same backlash for the same reason. They're okay with players drinking and getting into trouble. Players who quote Scripture make them feel guilty, and they will do anything to try to tear them down to their own level.
me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:26 PM   #68
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

^ This. It's disgusting the way they go after players that profess their faith.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:44 PM   #69
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by me4USC View Post
They don't like him because he's vocal about his Christianity. Thompson is receiving the same backlash for the same reason. They're okay with players drinking and getting into trouble. Players who quote Scripture make them feel guilty, and they will do anything to try to tear them down to their own level.
Believe it or not its not the fact he is Christian is the problem its 24/7 in your face false televengalist style preaching, people watch sports to get away from religion, politics, and the rest of that crap they don't want to see it or hear while being entertained. Tebow and DT have strong faiths that is good for them but do not begin to think they are better or more infallible that do not subscribe to their worldview, that's the problem its your attitude of that they have religion in their life that they are more enlightened than those who do not. I don't dislike him because he is Christian I dislike him because throws his inside the box worldview down everyone's throat. Even people like Kurt Warner and Curt Schilling two very devout Christians even said that Tebow needs to tone it down, but I guess they hate Christians too right?
Old 12-24-2012, 10:03 PM   #70
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
I'm not a Tebow worshiper like some people on here but don't downplay Tebow as a college QB. Sure the rest of their team was awesome but he ran and threw all over us every year he was there. Great college QB, bad pro QB.
The years they kicked our butt, they were way better us across the board. We had obvious major problems and UF exlpoited them easily. Actually the last game we played against him we made a lot of progress. Our secondary still gave up a few big plays though. The year before it was pretty much all Harvin scortching us and their defense scortching our offense. We were outmatched by a mile and Tebow didn't have to do much but get the ball to Harvin. The year before Tebow did do a good bit of damage but that is because Tyrone Nix was just a terrible DC. We kept bring the blitz from the edge and Tebow kept immediately ran right up inside it and we never made any kind of of adjustment. And again our offense was pathetic. The year before that we lost a close game we should have one with Leak and Tebow sharing snaps. Anyways, the issue was not what he did in college. He was a good college QB, but he was overrated because he brought a aka 47 to gun fight. But being a good college QB doesn't mean squat as an NFL QB.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:06 PM   #71
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
Believe it or not its not the fact he is Christian is the problem its 24/7 in your face false televengalist style preaching, people watch sports to get away from religion, politics, and the rest of that crap they don't want to see it or hear while being entertained. Tebow and DT have strong faiths that is good for them but do not begin to think they are better or more infallible that do not subscribe to their worldview, that's the problem its your attitude of that they have religion in their life that they are more enlightened than those who do not. I don't dislike him because he is Christian I dislike him because throws his inside the box worldview down everyone's throat. Even people like Kurt Warner and Curt Schilling two very devout Christians even said that Tebow needs to tone it down, but I guess they hate Christians too right?
Nah, that doesn't really bother me. He is just overrated.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:08 PM   #72
ERNIET
GAMECOCK 43

Male

CockyCash: 740
ERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervous

All Tebo does right is win. He just needs a team to give him a real chance
ERNIET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:16 PM   #73
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Year View Post
Okay, so maybe he didn't flat out refuse to do it when ordered, but he obviously told Ryan in his "private conversation" that he didn't want to do it, so Ryan didn't bother. Splitting hairs. And I find it interesting that Ryan BELEIVES Tim Tebow wouldn't go FULL-BLOWN MUTINY on him if would have even bothered to call his number. He didn't say he KNOWS.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:16 PM   #74
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERNIET View Post
All Tebo does right is win. He just needs a team to give him a real chance
Nah, all he doesn't is be overrated, and take credit for teammates winning despite his ineptness.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:17 PM   #75
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
No, you are the one with the "Clemsonish" argument because you think some one is good because they beat the Marylands, Dukes, and Wake Forests of the NFL.
Listen, i dislike Tebow, i don't get the mania but i still don't get how he has been a hypocrite. Lay off the haterade.

*i know cue the YOU'RE a tebow lover music, but just because i don't think he has been a hypocrite and disagree with you doesnt make me a lover of Tebow. You blatant disapproval of him is pretty evident though. Get a life

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:18 PM   #76
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Okay, so maybe he didn't flat out refuse to do it when ordered, but he obviously told Ryan in his "private conversation" that he didn't want to do it, so Ryan didn't bother. Splitting hairs. And I find it interesting that Ryan BELEIVES Tim Tebow wouldn't go FULL-BLOWN MUTINY on him if would have even bothered to call his number. He didn't say he KNOWS.
talking to ryan in a private meeting is the correct way of handling that. If he doesnt like something, he shouldn't undermine the coach and blast it on the 4 letter network, you go to talk to the leader or boss or coach in a closed room meeting. I am failing to see how that makes him a hypocrite.

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:31 PM   #77
Cigaro
I drink your milkshake

Male

CockyCash: 50092224
Cigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
^ This. It's disgusting the way they go after players that profess their faith.
It's not the fact that someone has professed their faith that is the problem. For instance, do you see anyone going after Adrian Peterson for that? No. Its the way they profess their faith. Many are tired of seeing Tebow's faith blasted everywhere, both in his personal acts and the media's coverage of it.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:33 PM   #78
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

[quote=ReadR00ster;3609246]I know there are a lot of Tebow worshipers out there. They think he is some kind of great person, and put him on a pedestal. Well, I think we are finally starting see him start to get knocked off that pedestal (which I think is probably a good thing for him). No, I don't disagree with what he did in refusing his coaches when he didn't want to play Wildcat QB any more. I actually do applaud him for it. It's the reaction a normal person treated the way Tebow was treat would have had. That's the point. Tebow is normal. When push came to shove he put himself before team. That is business in the the professional world. All the "rah rah" talk from Tebow doing whatever the team requires always made me roll my eyes. I just never could really buy that he actually believed what he was saying 100%. To me he is just says things all the time that people want to hear, and though he was able to convince many people, it was never really convincing to me at all. That is just the way he sells himself.
So, yeah, I think Tebow is a hypocrite, but so what. The entire league is filled with hypocrisy. This is how Tebow learned it, from watching NFL players make these same kind of "nice-sounding professional, team-first" kind of speeches and then half of them turn around and get into all kinds of mischief off the field and hold out for more money when they are already making millions. But they say this stuff anyways because that is what their BOSSES want to hear. Or about how the league talks about making all these rule changes in the name of "player safety" yet they want more games?

I don't see Tebow as a shining light. I seem as a good guy who plays a game for money. He is pretty normal. He stays out of trouble, which is commendable. But at the end of the he is a back up QB, who I think has a slim chance to make it as a starting NFL QB. He has a long way to go in that regard. Despite what he says is NOT all about the team, but he would be a great teammate in the right situation, and I applaud him for recognizing that JETS, who I can't stand as a Dolphin fan, is not that situation. Again I think the dude is a good guy, but he DOES have a self bone in him as he should. But at the end of the day he needs to really improve his passing accuracy and a quicker release, otherwise he is not long for this league.[/quote} the shameful thing is that you have been waiting 6 years too find something on tebow. he does one thing in 6 years and you call him a hypocrite. worry about yourself.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:33 PM   #79
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

^ ^This Cigaro spot on.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:35 PM   #80
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

[quote=sc455;3609587]
Quote:
I know there are a lot of Tebow worshipers out there. They think he is some kind of great person, and put him on a pedestal. Well, I think we are finally starting see him start to get knocked off that pedestal (which I think is probably a good thing for him). No, I don't disagree with what he did in refusing his coaches when he didn't want to play Wildcat QB any more. I actually do applaud him for it. It's the reaction a normal person treated the way Tebow was treat would have had. That's the point. Tebow is normal. When push came to shove he put himself before team. That is business in the the professional world. All the "rah rah" talk from Tebow doing whatever the team requires always made me roll my eyes. I just never could really buy that he actually believed what he was saying 100%. To me he is just says things all the time that people want to hear, and though he was able to convince many people, it was never really convincing to me at all. That is just the way he sells himself.

I don't see Tebow as a shining light. I seem as a good guy who plays a game for money. He is pretty normal. He stays out of trouble, which is commendable. But at the end of the he is a back up QB, who I think has a slim chance to make it as a starting NFL QB. He has a long way to go in that regard. Despite what he says is NOT all about the team, but he would be a great teammate in the right situation, and I applaud him for recognizing that JETS, who I can't stand as a Dolphin fan, is not that situation. Again I think the dude is a good guy, but he DOES have a self bone in him as he should. But at the end of the day he needs to really improve his passing accuracy and a quicker release, otherwise he is not long for this league.[/quote} the shameful thing is that you have been waiting 6 years too find something on tebow. he does one thing in 6 years and you call him a hypocrite. worry about yourself.
What's the point of having a discussion board then, if you want to censor discussion. That line people use on here is getting old, if you don't want discussion then don't post.