CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Garnetnblack99
kingoftheroost
CockyLifer
CoverTwo
b381l
Regalcock
Cockhornleghorn
ZenUSC
2000grad
2014 Junkanoo Jam ** (2591)
Morris to SMU (2565)
BIG PROBLEM! JUST RE (1390)
Carolina on a Walmar (832)
Game simulation (629)
Clemson fans (444)
Penniless: Creed's S (386)
Strategy First Steam (288)
Origin Sale Too (190)
Have we been favored (168)
Morris to SMU
End of the aTm / LSU game
Have we been favored in e
THE Vent and Coaching Cha
Name a Gamecock
Coaching Carousel 2014/15
4 tix together for USC/Cl
Clemson fans
Constant Updates on Watso
2017 - Savales Cann

Old 12-25-2012, 11:20 AM   #21
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Lets Look Back @ Clemson Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBGCock View Post
For those Gamecocks that say DJs play was low class. All I have to say is you do not understand the rivalry .
I don't think it was low class, it was a bad football move, glad it didn't cost us.
trapper82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:28 AM   #22
RphBallCoach
Blue Chip

Male

RphBallCoach is making other chickens nervousRphBallCoach is making other chickens nervousRphBallCoach is making other chickens nervousRphBallCoach is making other chickens nervousRphBallCoach is making other chickens nervousRphBallCoach is making other chickens nervousRphBallCoach is making other chickens nervousRphBallCoach is making other chickens nervous

to the nay sayers i guess the Steve T. move was low class too? No its Clemson-Carolina football at its best.
RphBallCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:01 PM   #23
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legalman72 View Post
At the time I was worried the flex might have cost us.

But now...I love it.

Fawk the taters. It flew all over them and still does.

Long live the flex.

This is exactly my take on it! It will be talked about ad Infinitum!!
Old 12-25-2012, 01:06 PM   #24
jdharmon123
Banned

Male

jdharmon123 is making other chickens nervousjdharmon123 is making other chickens nervousjdharmon123 is making other chickens nervousjdharmon123 is making other chickens nervousjdharmon123 is making other chickens nervousjdharmon123 is making other chickens nervousjdharmon123 is making other chickens nervousjdharmon123 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBGCock View Post
For those Gamecocks that say DJs play was low class. All I have to say is you do not understand the rivalry .
Simply not true. I was born and raised in Columbia. My whole family graduated from USC and I have been attending games since I was 6-7 years old. I understand the rivalry. I cannot stand Clemson, I hate them as much as anyone, but I want us to destroy them AND look good doing it, without any unsportsmanlike actions, that to me is the best way to deliver a beat down.
jdharmon123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:19 PM   #25
pantera17
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1057615
pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material

I loved the flex when it happened. I was one of the few who actually liked it live. Everyone else was upset about it. He's a shit talker and I love it. Cause he can back it up. I don't think he should have even got flagged for it. It's football.
pantera17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:34 PM   #26
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 26222586
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Yeah, no need to be butthurt about it. He was just keeping $hit real after Dabo flapped his gummage.
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 02:21 PM   #27
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

It was boneheaded. 10 times out of 10 times that gets flagged. Not considered 'butt hurt' to want to avoid 15 yard penalties.

Perhaps some folks should get off of his jock.
Old 12-25-2012, 03:00 PM   #28
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

The Flex is the exclamation point of our dominance. LOL! Love it.
Old 12-25-2012, 03:19 PM   #29
pantera17
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1057615
pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxcockFL View Post
It was boneheaded. 10 times out of 10 times that gets flagged. Not considered 'butt hurt' to want to avoid 15 yard penalties.

Perhaps some folks should get off of his jock.
Ah. The get off a players jock line. I have no problem with what he did. Actually I wish we had more players that showed their feelings on their sleeves. In case you haven't noticed players on other teams fear DJ.
pantera17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 03:40 PM   #30
Liquid_nails
4-Star

Male

Liquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantera17 View Post
I loved the flex when it happened. I was one of the few who actually liked it live. Everyone else was upset about it. He's a shit talker and I love it. Cause he can back it up. I don't think he should have even got flagged for it. It's football.
+1
Liquid_nails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 03:43 PM   #31
Spotter22
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Spotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPit

I think he reacted "in the moment" and I dont have a problem with it. Some of you have a short memory of how over the years we were taunted and victims of cheap shots by the upstate cowpokes. How does the old cheer go?

HIT'EM AGAIN HIT'EM AGAIN... HARDER..HARDER!!!!

We own them now and you dont let go to get a better grip!
Spotter22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 04:07 PM   #32
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

The taters HATED it then and HATE it even more now. All the more reason to love it.

Last edited by Legalman72; 12-25-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Old 12-25-2012, 06:04 PM   #33
snoopcockycock
AQUACOCK

Male

snoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot material

i was upset about it at the time, but in retrospect, i love it. as the writer says, it was done for all gamecocks who have lived through sooooooooo many illegal hits, taunts and plays from clempscum in the past. the hell with them. we are the big boy on the block now!
Old 12-25-2012, 06:11 PM   #34
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 997672
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

I've been watching it today on a brand new 60" samsung smart tv. Looks even better!
gamecock88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:33 PM   #35
jdharmon123
Banned

Male

jdharmon123 is making other chickens nervousjdharmon123 is making other chickens nervousjdharmon123 is making other chickens nervousjdharmon123 is making other chickens nervousjdharmon123 is making other chickens nervousjdharmon123 is making other chickens nervousjdharmon123 is making other chickens nervousjdharmon123 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopcockycock View Post
i was upset about it at the time, but in retrospect, i love it. as the writer says, it was done for all gamecocks who have lived through sooooooooo many illegal hits, taunts and plays from clempscum in the past. the hell with them. we are the big boy on the block now!
You know, when you put it like that, maybe I like it after all. Especially since it since it didn't hurt us.
jdharmon123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:14 PM   #36
BrutusJ
Two Deep

Male

BrutusJ is crowing loudlyBrutusJ is crowing loudlyBrutusJ is crowing loudlyBrutusJ is crowing loudlyBrutusJ is crowing loudlyBrutusJ is crowing loudlyBrutusJ is crowing loudlyBrutusJ is crowing loudlyBrutusJ is crowing loudlyBrutusJ is crowing loudlyBrutusJ is crowing loudly

Didn't their baseball team curse and use obscene gestures toward our crowd during their visits to Carolina Stadium last year?
BrutusJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:39 PM   #37
Cocky2001
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 0
Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Quote:
Ah. The get off a players jock line. I have no problem with what he did. Actually I wish we had more players that showed their feelings on their sleeves. In case you haven't noticed players on other teams fear DJ.
I loved the hit and the flex, both, live. I am right there with you Pantera!

Anyone that doesn't think it was a smart move from any standpoint doesn't understand football.

Shaq Wilson was the head of the defense this year. But, DJ Swearinger was and still is (for both) the heart. Even the week he was suspended, DJ was out there cheering for and motivating the defense (compare that with C Shaw's just standing around during the clemson game). When that pose was struck any lingerings of hope were crushed for clemson and our defense saw it as the exclamation point for the night. The intensity of our D rose even more after that hit and the only thing clemson did after that was complete an 8 yard pass to Watkins. Didn't JC have two more sacks after that?

I will tell this because it relates...Back in the early 80's the Raiders were practicing to play the Eagles in the Super Bowl. Al Davis thought that practices were a little too mechanical and emotionally flat. He pulled Matt Millen over and told him that he would pay him $5000.00 to start a fight. The next play, Millen started a fight that wound up involving the whole team. The remainder of the practices had the intensity that was missing and the Raiders rolled all over the Eagles in the Super Bowl.

$5000.00 well spent Davis would quip later.

The same (well, minus the money) was true with this play.

Our team feeds off of DJ...and we are lucky to have a leader out there that leads first with his play...and then his mouth and antics.
to come true." Bodhi.
Cocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:58 PM   #38
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky2001 View Post
Anyone that doesn't think it was a smart move from any standpoint doesn't understand football.
Sure...everyone loves it because of the outcome. Had they scored on that drive and gone ahead would anyone be defending him?

Using your illustration, that was practice. Why didn't he pay him to start a fight in the superbowl? Because, that would be dumb. The hit DJ put alone set a hard tone, the flex just gave them 15 yards. No problem with playing physical, just don't hurt the team with bad penalties at key times of the game.
trapper82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:04 AM   #39
Cocky2001
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 0
Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
Sure...everyone loves it because of the outcome. Had they scored on that drive and gone ahead would anyone be defending him?

Using your illustration, that was practice. Why didn't he pay him to start a fight in the superbowl? Because, that would be dumb. The hit DJ put alone set a hard tone, the flex just gave them 15 yards. No problem with playing physical, just don't hurt the team with bad penalties at key times of the game.
No. If you know any thing at all about Al Davis you know that statement is NOT true. He had the fight started in practice because that is when he realized the problem.

Go back to the Arky game (I think) when DJ was penalized 45 yards in three consecutive plays but had a pick 6 in the process. When DJ is doing things like this, he is also doing great things on the field...and the team feeds off of it.
to come true." Bodhi.
Cocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:15 AM   #40
CocksB2BChamps24
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 800
CocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Skype™ to CocksB2BChamps24

I've said it in another thread, and this is pure speculation, but maybe DJ did it because he knew Clemson wasn't going to get anything out of it. He was confident enough to give them the 15 yards because he believed nothing would come of it.

Then again, he could have done it out of pure emotion and really wasn't thinking.

Either way, I felt the hit 28 rows up in the upper deck, and loved the taunt. Well worth it.

3-0 in Eath Valley.
1996. 2010. 2012.
CocksB2BChamps24 is offline   Reply With Quote