CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Ahmad
jrussjr
b381l
cocky-K
eightohhthree
SC Sandlapper
Spur's Addiction
Goofyboy
HeadCockFan
Clem5on fans are bes (2647)
Defensive personnel (1562)
Mizzou Depth Chart v (1503)
7:30 kickoff for Ken (1409)
Defense not an issue (1241)
Cack's Toast of the (912)
Legitimate, Unbiased (844)
I guess we don't get (844)
Brawl at 49ers/Cardi (824)
Antonio Allen vs Als (544)
Defense not an issue....
Christian Walker called u
Celebrity Guest Picker...
Brawl at 49ers/Cardinals
Let's talk about Maty Mau
why we're in this positio
open discussion of this t
Antonio Allen vs Alshon J
Mizzou Depth Chart vs Sou
Pharoh Cooper is a stud

Old 12-25-2012, 02:35 AM   #101
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material
Default Re: Tebow a hypocrite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry_gamecock View Post
Hes a fake but not a bad guy.

Okay.
No, he is not a bad guy. The dude that killed his girlfriend and shot himself is a bad guy. The dude that got drunk and got his friend killed because he got behind the wheel is a bad guy. The dude the beats up his girlfriend is a bad guy. Tebow goes over the top potraying himself as the ultimate team player who is selfless to an absurd level, and equally absurdly there a bunch of suckers out there that eat it up and actually buy that nonsense. That doesn't make him a bad guy. It's makes him a flawed person, just like everyone else. You can either recognize the flaw or continue your high on all the BS you've been ingesting and keep him up on that pedestal he's doesn't belong on.
ReadR00ster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 02:37 AM   #102
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Year View Post
http://www.latimes.com/sports/sports...,2402971.story

Some people see what they want to see.

I am sure you say the same about me.
I believe what I see, not what I want to see. Most believe what they want. I have no grudge against Tebow. I just know BS when I see it.
Old 12-25-2012, 02:38 AM   #103
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowcutta View Post
but in that same respect tebow was the no.3 quarterback in denver and leapfrogged brady quinn to get the starting job when they dumped orton.

yes the jets are a mess, yes its understandable for him to be disappointed with not starting, but he should have sucked it up and gritted his teeth through these last two games.
There are worse teams out there than the Jets. Jacksonville for one, and when his career sputters out there, and he losses out to Chad Henne I am sure they will trashed just like the Jets are being trashed.
Old 12-25-2012, 03:27 AM   #104
dreammachine
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
dreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
I know there are a lot of Tebow worshipers out there. They think he is some kind of great person, and put him on a pedestal. Well, I think we are finally starting see him start to get knocked off that pedestal (which I think is probably a good thing for him). No, I don't disagree with what he did in refusing his coaches when he didn't want to play Wildcat QB any more. I actually do applaud him for it. It's the reaction a normal person treated the way Tebow was treat would have had. That's the point. Tebow is normal. When push came to shove he put himself before team. That is business in the the professional world. All the "rah rah" talk from Tebow doing whatever the team requires always made me roll my eyes. I just never could really buy that he actually believed what he was saying 100%. To me he is just says things all the time that people want to hear, and though he was able to convince many people, it was never really convincing to me at all. That is just the way he sells himself.

So, yeah, I think Tebow is a hypocrite, but so what. The entire league is filled with hypocrisy. This is how Tebow learned it, from watching NFL players make these same kind of "nice-sounding professional, team-first" kind of speeches and then half of them turn around and get into all kinds of mischief off the field and hold out for more money when they are already making millions. But they say this stuff anyways because that is what their BOSSES want to hear. Or about how the league talks about making all these rule changes in the name of "player safety" yet they want more games?

I don't see Tebow as a shining light. I seem as a good guy who plays a game for money. He is pretty normal. He stays out of trouble, which is commendable. But at the end of the he is a back up QB, who I think has a slim chance to make it as a starting NFL QB. He has a long way to go in that regard. Despite what he says is NOT all about the team, but he would be a great teammate in the right situation, and I applaud him for recognizing that JETS, who I can't stand as a Dolphin fan, is not that situation. Again I think the dude is a good guy, but he DOES have a self bone in him as he should. But at the end of the day he needs to really improve his passing accuracy and a quicker release, otherwise he is not long for this league.

It is kind of hard to read your post and figure out whether you are a "Tebow Hater" or just putting out your opinion of him that you don't think that he is a NFL QB?

You have a right to say what you want about Tim Tebow, but he is an Honorable Man - A Good Christian Man - who in this age of NFL Football is a breath of fresh air and for the most part so many people "hate on him because of his faith or because he has been on teams that were not that good". I remember hearing the same thing said about Steve Young that he would never make it and it did take him a while to get to the top, but he finally did and made the most of his chance. Granted Steve Young played on a great team - the 49ers and won a couple of Super Bowls. Will Tim Tebow ever achieve that kind of greatness, who knows for sure. I for one hopes that this young man proves all of you doubters wrong and becomes a great NFL QB. If he does not, then he has done more than what 98% of college players do and this is make it to the NFL.

I am a Tim Tebow fan for many reasons, even when he was kicking our butts at Florida. Hopefully, he will get on a good team and improve his game (as all young QB's should) and become a very good NFL QB and the doubters and haters will get off his back.
dreammachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:21 AM   #105
Gamecocktuck
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 717
Gamecocktuck is sharpening his clawsGamecocktuck is sharpening his clawsGamecocktuck is sharpening his clawsGamecocktuck is sharpening his clawsGamecocktuck is sharpening his claws

Are you attempting to convince us that Tebow isn't perfect? I'm not really sure as I coudn't make through your entire ditribe.
Old 12-25-2012, 10:56 AM   #106
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

He will be on college gameday next year, if not...the next year. He can't cut it as a big time pro. Hopefuly he replaces Pollock.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:06 PM   #107
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

We just had a holiday discussion on Tebow to the Jags. I think he is a good guy. I don't think he is a NFL qb. I think he is a distraction because some folks do think he is a good qb and some don't. I don't want the Jags to take him because of the distraction.

the jags don't need help putting butts in the seats. Anyone who says that obviously doesn't know what they ae talking about since the jags have not had a black out in over two years now, unlike the Raiders, Chargers, Bucs, Bengals, Bills, etc. Maybe those teams should get him.

Nothing makes people go to games more than wins.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:27 PM   #108
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material

Quote:
He's behavior is fake and he is not a very good player. He is just alright. And he just doesn't seem as good as person as people make him out the be. He is overrated, and all the people who kiss his butt don't know him either. He is not a bad guy, but he is JUST a back up QB in the NFL that deserves absolutely no special attention or treatment what so ever.
his behavior is far from fake. you could say he is fake if he got in constnt trouble or got a dui or something. he tried to put the team first until it bothered him... then he spoke out. nothing wrong with a man standing up for what he believes in and sticking up for himself. I wouldnt say he is overrated since people know he isnt a good qb. he didnt ask for espn to brand him as their franchise qb
imabeastonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:57 PM   #109
doc
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 1550
doc has earned his spursdoc has earned his spursdoc has earned his spursdoc has earned his spursdoc has earned his spursdoc has earned his spurs

another view.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/t...-lesson-122412
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 02:48 PM   #110
Rh Gamecock
Two Deep

Male

Rh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudly

Your dream job is to be an architect but I tell you I need you to be a janitor for the good of the community. Wouldn't you be like this is my dream and its what I want to do for the rest of my life.
Old 12-25-2012, 03:30 PM   #111
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by imabeastonu View Post
his behavior is far from fake. you could say he is fake if he got in constnt trouble or got a dui or something. he tried to put the team first until it bothered him... then he spoke out. nothing wrong with a man standing up for what he believes in and sticking up for himself. I wouldnt say he is overrated since people know he isnt a good qb. he didnt ask for espn to brand him as their franchise qb
Well, I think he was fake, but I don't have a problem with what he did. I take it as a sign that maybe he is about to cut the fake stuff out and is ready for people to just start treating him like a normal person instead of kind of football messiah. He told his boss screw himself. Okay, great so long as he is prepared to deal with the consequences of that choice. Because it WAS him finally taking the low road for once.
Old 12-25-2012, 03:42 PM   #112
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocktuck View Post
Are you attempting to convince us that Tebow isn't perfect? I'm not really sure as I coudn't make through your entire ditribe.
It's simple. I'm saying he should not have been put on the pedestal he was put on in the first place, and because not that Tebow finally does something unprofessional and selfish even being minor and probably the right thing to do, this is the fall out. And I would say doesn't deserve the negativity, but he fostered all this undeserved praise and accepted it. So he and his supporters need to own up to it and admit that he is probably not so "great" after all. It's not that he isn't perfect. It's that there is not one thing special about the man at all. Yeah, he is a good guy. So? there are a lot of good guys out there. Better guys.
Old 12-25-2012, 04:57 PM   #113
RudeCock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 250000
RudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot material

I'm a fan of Tebow just for him wearing his Christianity on his sleeve.
Old 12-25-2012, 05:02 PM   #114
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeCock View Post
I'm a fan of Tebow just for him wearing his Christianity on his sleeve.
Well that is nice, then he should go be a minister. That's the problem, so many people like him because of that they want to believe his a good NFL QB when he's not.
Old 12-25-2012, 05:31 PM   #115
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material

Quote:
Well that is nice, then he should go be a minister. That's the problem, so many people like him because of that they want to believe his a good NFL QB when he's not.
Alot of people like him for reasons other than football. give up man... you may not like him but there are millions of people pulling for him for reasons other than football. he is a good role model. get over your hate fest. you need to get one things straight.... tebow is famous for one reason. ESPN... tebow never asked for it and you are acting like he did
Old 12-25-2012, 05:36 PM   #116
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by imabeastonu View Post
Alot of people like him for reasons other than football. give up man... you may not like him but there are millions of people pulling for him for reasons other than football. he is a good role model. get over your hate fest. you need to get one things straight.... tebow is famous for one reason. ESPN... tebow never asked for it and you are acting like he did
Tebow never asked for it? HAHAHA! what a crock. yes he did, he wanted it and he has is profiting mightily from it. You people are absolutely delusional. I can't believe how naive.
Old 12-25-2012, 06:04 PM   #117
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Tebow never asked for it? HAHAHA! what a crock. yes he did, he wanted it and he has is profiting mightily from it. You people are absolutely delusional. I can't believe how naive.
then show me a video or a link of where he asked to be put under a microscope and criticized constantly. he may have made money from it but "profited mightly" might be alil over board lol. Tebow is the man and a great role model for our younger kids. stop cryin about it
Old 12-25-2012, 06:22 PM   #118
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

How many damn Skip Baylesses do we have on this site? Good lord never seen this many people show this much love to a Gaytor, pun intended.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:29 PM   #119
Rh Gamecock
Two Deep

Male

Rh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
How many damn Skip Baylesses do we have on this site? Good lord never seen this many people show this much love to a Gaytor, pun intended.
Lol we are skip Baylee's bc we are proving how stupid it is just to make a thread ab someone being a hypocrit just bc he wants to be a starting qb.
Old 12-25-2012, 06:36 PM   #120
BuCockyfan
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
BuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
Gosh man...you're so witty! "Gay"tor? You must be a barrel of laughs. You criticize someone for having a hot girlfriend like Tebow? What in the world do YOU have? If anything?

Ever heard the unanimous support for Marcus after his knee injury? Every fanbase around the SEC supported him in his recovery because he is an AMAZING human being.

It just shows how shallow you are how much of a bigot you seem to be...based on your posts.
BuCockyfan is offline   Reply With Quote