CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
NAGamecockFan
taylorssc
Gamecocks321
GarnetSwarm1990
doubledribble
Lonnie
Cocks N Stuff
johnnyb
El Cid Ranger
So Disappointed With (2014)
Rank the QBs under S (1455)
Back like cooked cra (1059)
Tennessee game (678)
Who start on the d l (643)
No Comments on the H (501)
Google finally gets (471)
Squats (379)
lack of production= (377)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (185)
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
So Disappointed With The
Thoughts on the basketbal
Back like cooked crack
Why I think we beat Aubur
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
SEC Debate: Best candidat
Rank the QBs under Spurri
7 on 7 flag football bloc
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE

Old 12-25-2012, 11:36 PM   #181
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76
Default Re: Tebow a hypocrite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricCock View Post
There's no reason to say that the Gospel is "mythology" on Christmas on the internet, surely you have something better to do?

Is this what you wanted when you were 12... that one day when you're older you could call Christianity a myth on Christmas on a college sports message board?
He's calling it mythology, id bet good money he celebrated CHRISTmas today. Go figure.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:37 PM   #182
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
There's no reason to say that the Gospel is "mythology" on Christmas on the internet, surely you have something better to do?

Is this what you wanted when you were 12... that one day when you're older you could call Christianity a myth on Christmas on a college sports message board?
Its okay for people to preach their beliefs but when those of us who wan't to hear it are forced into silence. By the way Christ isn't born until March or April. Let me guess you didn't know that Christmas was put in December as a conversion ploy of European Pagans either right?
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:40 PM   #183
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
Its okay for people to preach their beliefs but when those of us who wan't to hear it are forced into silence. By the way Christ isn't born until March or April. Let me guess you didn't know that Christmas was put in December as a conversion ploy for European Pagans either right?

Yes I did know that, but its still CHRISTmas. Still the celebration of his birth. Regardless of what month.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:43 PM   #184
ElectricCock
Fear The Thumb, Clemson

Male

CockyCash: 200516
ElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Its okay for people to preach their beliefs but when those of us who wan't to hear it are forced into silence. By the way Christ isn't born until March or April.
There comes a time, and an age, when you realize the things that are important in life. I come on cockytalk for football information, the occasional argument about football, and for telling jokes. I've seen a lot of stuff I don't agree with, and tend to ignore it. I've spouted off tons of stuff that I'm sure other people don't agree with.

On a fundamentally human level, I would not insult a religion on one of its most precious holidays.

I would also refrain from preaching on such a website, though. But like I said... at a certain point in life, and at a certain level of maturity, you tend to let things like "being preached to" roll off and ignore it.

But using that hatred to retaliate by insulting an entire group of people is referred to as ignorance.

I still like you as a poster in general, its not a big deal, but for some reason that mythology comment really hit hard

EDIT:

I guess I shouldn't have clicked on the Tebow thread but its been floating around for so many days that I finally had to click it
Old 12-25-2012, 11:48 PM   #185
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
There comes a time, and an age, when you realize the things that are important in life. I come on cockytalk for football information, the occasional argument about football, and for telling jokes. I've seen a lot of stuff I don't agree with, and tend to ignore it. I've spouted off tons of stuff that I'm sure other people don't agree with.

On a fundamentally human level, I would not insult a religion on one its most precious holidays.

I would also refrain from preaching on such a website, though. But like I said... at a certain point in life, and at a certain level of maturity, you tend to let things like "being preached to" roll off and ignore it.

But using that hatred to retaliate by insulting an entire group of people is referred to as ignorance.

I still like you as a poster in general, its not a big deal, but for some reason that mythology comment really hit hard
The mythology comment was not used in the universal sense, many friends of mine are devout Christians but do not feel compelled to discuss it everyday or preach it, just as I don't go around preaching my views. Most religious people are good about keeping their beliefs to themselves but I am tired of the ones who constantly go on and on about it. We know Tebow has strong religious we get it but don't preach it 24/7. Live by example and others will respect you for it, talk about it and all you do is piss people off.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:06 AM   #186
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1373
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
The mythology comment was not used in the universal sense, many friends of mine are devout Christians but do not feel compelled to discuss it everyday or preach it, just as I don't go around preaching my views. Most religious people are good about keeping their beliefs to themselves but I am tired of the ones who constantly go on and on about it. We know Tebow has strong religious we get it but don't preach it 24/7. Live by example and others will respect you for it, talk about it and all you do is piss people off.
Talk about Tebow being a hypocrite and all you are going to do is piss people off. Just saying.
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:19 AM   #187
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

He has spent a lot of his time and money helping those in need or disadvantaged. In my book, that makes him a pretty damn good guy....talented enough to play in the NFL, probably not at least not to this point. Unless he somehow can reinvent himself into a TE or H-back, I think his time in the league will be over in the near future.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:38 AM   #188
ScottK
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
ScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his comb

Quote:
But this isn't thread isn't about Tebow's religion...
Well why do you keep bringing it up?
ScottK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:41 AM   #189
ScottK
Blue Chip

Male

ScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his comb

Quote:
So what's more annoying, people who like to mention their Christianity or those who whine (and throw around insults) every time someone religious talks about their beliefs?
Old 12-26-2012, 01:44 AM   #190
ScottK
Blue Chip

Male

And I swear I've never understood the obsession and anger that some people get when they find out that a person has possibly not had sex yet...

Last edited by ScottK; 12-26-2012 at 01:56 AM.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:17 AM   #191
uscbaseball32
Recruit

Male

uscbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervous

the guy has won in the playoffs, which regardless of what you think about him is pretty impressive.
uscbaseball32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:13 AM   #192
Cocky2001
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 320
Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material

Wouldn't Tebow have been in high school when the CO shootings happened?

There have been so many that it is tough to keep them straight, but if I recall when Columbine happened, Tebow wasn't even in Gainesville. Even if he was, he certainly wasn't in the NFL gettin' paid.
to come true." Bodhi.
Cocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:17 AM   #193
Cigaro
I drink your milkshake

Male

CockyCash: 50092224
Cigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky2001 View Post

There have been so many that it is tough to keep them straight, but if I recall when Columbine happened, Tebow wasn't even in Gainesville. Even if he was, he certainly wasn't in the NFL gettin' paid.
Tebow would have been a little kid during Columbine.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:21 AM   #194
CampusPolice
To Protect and Serve

Male

CockyCash: 2200
CampusPolice is sharpening his clawsCampusPolice is sharpening his clawsCampusPolice is sharpening his clawsCampusPolice is sharpening his clawsCampusPolice is sharpening his claws

This thread is still going? The OP must get a massive erection when talking about Tebow.

That's the only reason this thread could still be alive.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:22 AM   #195
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1373
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky2001 View Post

Columbine yes, but the theatre shootings are the ones they are talking about.
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:26 AM   #196
Emery
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot material

The power of Tebow---10 pages on a backup quarterback that refused to run a gimmicky crap package that doesn't work in the NFL on a team that isn't relevant other than the interest of watching a train wreck.

As far as the start of the downfall of Tebow...that's a little much.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:50 AM   #197
ScottK
Blue Chip

Male

Frankly I just think the story of a backup quarterback who came in in the middle of the season, played on a team who then went from 1-4 to the playoffs (including many come from behind wins that everyone looked forward to every week) and then didn't play at all the next year is interesting.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:10 PM   #198
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampusPolice View Post
This thread is still going? The OP must get a massive erection when talking about Tebow.

That's the only reason this thread could still be alive.
Okay so then how to you explain the other 40 people posting on here?
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:17 PM   #199
rioninusc
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
He has spent a lot of his time and money helping those in need or disadvantaged. In my book, that makes him a pretty damn good guy....talented enough to play in the NFL, probably not at least not to this point. Unless he somehow can reinvent himself into a TE or H-back, I think his time in the league will be over in the near future.
Give the guy three years starting at QB and is a bust to tell him he needs to reinvent himself. He had only one year and his team made it to the playoff's. I could careless about the guy, but sheesh, you should of told Eli Manning he should become a WR, or shoe salesman after his first year in the NFL then.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:18 PM   #200
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery View Post
The power of Tebow---10 pages on a backup quarterback that refused to run a gimmicky crap package that doesn't work in the NFL on a team that isn't relevant other than the interest of watching a train wreck.

As far as the start of the downfall of Tebow...that's a little much.
He ran it most of the year and didn't whine about it then. In fact he said he was EXCITED, several times, about doing it. Did the Jets ever promise that Tebow would ever start? No. That was his own expectations that he didn't live up to by improving as a player. Now he wants to leave after only one year. If Tebow wants to be a starting QB and he thinks he can do it somewhere else and not there, good for him, but don't expect any team to buy this "team player" "I'll do anything the team requires of me" stuff again, because he has just proven that to not be true.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote