CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
NAGamecockFan
taylorssc
Gamecocks321
GarnetSwarm1990
doubledribble
Lonnie
Cocks N Stuff
El Cid Ranger
Master Bedroom
So Disappointed With (1829)
Rank the QBs under S (1358)
Back like cooked cra (963)
Tennessee game (651)
Who start on the d l (613)
Google finally gets (471)
No Comments on the H (456)
lack of production= (377)
Squats (337)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (160)
Rank the QBs under Spurri
Why I think we beat Aubur
7 on 7 flag football bloc
SEC Debate: Best candidat
So Disappointed With The
Thoughts on the basketbal
Back like cooked crack
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
If the Head Ball Coach re

Old 12-26-2012, 12:23 AM   #41
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Lets Look Back @ Clemson Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky2001 View Post
No. If you know any thing at all about Al Davis you know that statement is NOT true. He had the fight started in practice because that is when he realized the problem.

Go back to the Arky game (I think) when DJ was penalized 45 yards in three consecutive plays but had a pick 6 in the process. When DJ is doing things like this, he is also doing great things on the field...and the team feeds off of it.
1 of them was 15 for throwing the ball in the stands, if I recall. And we were ahead 24-10 at the time, so the comparison isn't a great one.

Either way, what you are doing is the logical fallacy "affirming the consequent." DJ hitting hard is one of 2 dozen factors contributing to the team playing well. I like the guy, one of my favorite on the team, but it was a bad penalty. Spurrier thought so too.
trapper82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:43 AM   #42
curious1
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
curious1 is USC mascot materialcurious1 is USC mascot materialcurious1 is USC mascot materialcurious1 is USC mascot materialcurious1 is USC mascot materialcurious1 is USC mascot materialcurious1 is USC mascot materialcurious1 is USC mascot materialcurious1 is USC mascot materialcurious1 is USC mascot materialcurious1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursc View Post
Good Read! "So, Mr. Ard and Tiger Nation, remember the old saying as you slowly begin to forget about what happened to you last month: The truth may hurt, but it is still the truth. Whether or not you choose to recognize it is the biggest challenge you continue to face. http://www.instantradiorivals.com/20...-clemson-game/
As Sgt. Elias said in Platoon....."...the worm has definitely turned for you, man." It has....great article!

JD Clowney says...."I'm PulverizingThat Athlete Yonder!

*last 5 years 155-71=STATE CHAMPS!
curious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:44 AM   #43
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockLurker View Post
Lol funny article but the whole "DJs hit was preplanned" rhetoric is pretty ridiculous.

I mean, I think he plans to lay someone out every game (heck, every play). But the whole line of reasoning in this article is kinda silly.
Kind of a silly article.

If DJ could plan, ahead of time, to Hit someone like that then why not do it every game?

That's just not how football works.

Nonetheless, I love the result.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:44 AM   #44
militarymind17
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 490
militarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his comb

Yes it costed us 15 yards, but I loved it. That play will be long remembered in the Carolina Archives.
militarymind17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:17 AM   #45
snoopy
Blue Chip

snoopy has earned his spurssnoopy has earned his spurssnoopy has earned his spurssnoopy has earned his spurssnoopy has earned his spurssnoopy has earned his spurssnoopy has earned his spurs

On the last play of the game, Clowney was taunting Boyd too. None of you seem to regret that one. Those who have played FB know that it is a "head game" and when you get into their heads...game won. Spurrier is a master of the "head game" he did it at Fla. and now at Carolina. Our team is now winning games because they believe (in their heads/minds) that they are better/faster/stronger than the others. The other teammates thrive over hits like that (even in the pros)and get fired-up. List me as one of these Gamecocks that loved it and thought it was payback from the taunting we have indured in the past
Times are and have been changing since Spurrier arrived here, I hope they never go back to where they once were. Long live Dabo!
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:27 AM   #46
Emery
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot material

The article is an emotional response to an emotional response...and both are equally worthless.

Three weeks out and I still feel the score doesn't represent how much we dominated which bothers me a lot. We left a lot of points out there and are again fortunate that our defense shut down Clemson. Somehow we managed 440 yards of offense and 27 points.

Even though we dominated the time of possession, until the final minutes we were one big play away from being in a one possession game. I never been so stressed in a game we seemingly did so well in.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:59 AM   #47
ml1969
Walk On

Male

ml1969 is making other chickens nervousml1969 is making other chickens nervousml1969 is making other chickens nervousml1969 is making other chickens nervousml1969 is making other chickens nervousml1969 is making other chickens nervousml1969 is making other chickens nervousml1969 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotter22 View Post
I think he reacted "in the moment" and I dont have a problem with it. Some of you have a short memory of how over the years we were taunted and victims of cheap shots by the upstate cowpokes. How does the old cheer go?

HIT'EM AGAIN HIT'EM AGAIN... HARDER..HARDER!!!!

We own them now and you dont let go to get a better grip!
ml1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:42 PM   #48
ACPhilson
Really hates Orange Teams

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
ACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot material

Excellent article.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:53 PM   #49
Cocky2001
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 320
Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
Sure...everyone loves it because of the outcome.
I was celebrating as it happened...so, NO, I didn't wait on the outcome to jump onboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
Had they scored on that drive and gone ahead would anyone be defending him?
You live with him, you die with him. Said the same thing back in the days of Todd Ellis and Steve Tanneyhill too.
to come true." Bodhi.
Cocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:00 PM   #50
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

DJ embarrassed Clemson in front of the entire nation.

I love it.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:01 PM   #51
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
On the last play of the game, Clowney was taunting Boyd too. None of you seem to regret that one. Those who have played FB know that it is a "head game" and when you get into their heads...game won. Spurrier is a master of the "head game" he did it at Fla. and now at Carolina. Our team is now winning games because they believe (in their heads/minds) that they are better/faster/stronger than the others. The other teammates thrive over hits like that (even in the pros)and get fired-up. List me as one of these Gamecocks that loved it and thought it was payback from the taunting we have indured in the past
Times are and have been changing since Spurrier arrived here, I hope they never go back to where they once were. Long live Dabo!
Clowney got pushed in the back by a clempson player while trying to help Boyd up, that is when he started to jaw. And I don't mind talking smack if

1. It doesn't hurt the team.
2. You can actually back it up.

Spurrier himself was not happy about the personal fouls, never has been. He told DJ after the Arkansas game that his game ball was in the stands, did the same for Kenny after the Liberty Bowl. We all have opinions, and we know what they are like. I'll just agree to disagree with some of you.

As far as the article goes, Dabo did quit, but that hit and flex were not "planned" in my opinion. Few others have said that either.
trapper82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:33 PM   #52
BrutusJ
Two Deep

Male

BrutusJ is crowing loudlyBrutusJ is crowing loudlyBrutusJ is crowing loudlyBrutusJ is crowing loudlyBrutusJ is crowing loudlyBrutusJ is crowing loudlyBrutusJ is crowing loudlyBrutusJ is crowing loudlyBrutusJ is crowing loudlyBrutusJ is crowing loudlyBrutusJ is crowing loudly

I believe the intensity gave DJ the idea to flex and taunt after the hit is the same intensity that allows our defense to be as dominant as it has been. If so, I have no problem with it.
BrutusJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:51 PM   #53
ZenUSC
Two Deep

Male

ZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPit

Nobody plans a hit like the DJ Hit. It was a clean hit with nobody hurt. It wasn't a headshot on a defenseless WR. I think Gamecock fans would have a different attitude about any hit where injury occurs. The DJ Hit seemed to encapsulate the entire season for the D in that one play. Did anybody on either team doubt who'd win the game after that hit?
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:57 PM   #54
chapincock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 250
chapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudly

That hit was awesome, certainly one ill enjoy seeing replayed for years to come. The taunt probably wasn't necessary but hey its football, happens everywhere, every season. Emotions run high and when you can get a reaction from the crowd, you may just get an urge to do a little "you got knocked the f*** out" taunt.
chapincock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:26 PM   #55
Big-Cock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
Big-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdharmon123 View Post
Completely agree. I stopped reading at that point.

Also, look I hate clemson, and I love my alma mater (South Carolina) and I love DJ but his hit was a little douchebag-ish. I like how Spurrier puts it "you dont beat a team by hating them more, you beat them by out playing them".
DJ already outplayed them on that hit, and for the last four years, he didn't need to act unsports-man-like afterward and to one of our own Gamecocks family member. JMO, I'm sure i will get crucified for it.

Come on man, get over yourself. I guess you have never celebrated in the momement when you did something awesome.

So let me get this right, your saying that all NFL defenders are douche bags.

He was in the middle of a Football game that is all about being intense and angry. I really beleive that drive would have ended differenty if it would not have been for that play/penelty. Also you never know what kind of trash ellington might have talked to him earlier in the game.

While Im not saying that I condone it 100%, you will never know what kind of emotions were running through his body at that moment. He may have been so pumped he did it before he relized.

I for one am glad to finally see our players playing with anger, heart, and passion.
Big-Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:34 PM   #56
MBGCock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1110145
MBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legalman72 View Post
The taters HATED it then and HATE it even more now. All the more reason to love it.
MBGCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:35 PM   #57
MBGCock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1110145
MBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopcockycock View Post
i was upset about it at the time, but in retrospect, i love it. as the writer says, it was done for all gamecocks who have lived through sooooooooo many illegal hits, taunts and plays from clempscum in the past. the hell with them. we are the big boy on the block now!
MBGCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:24 PM   #58
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery View Post

Three weeks out and I still feel the score doesn't represent how much we dominated which bothers me a lot. We left a lot of points out there and are again fortunate that our defense shut down Clemson. Somehow we managed 440 yards of offense and 27 points.

Even though we dominated the time of possession, until the final minutes we were one big play away from being in a one possession game. I never been so stressed in a game we seemingly did so well in.

I agree. The score wasn't anywhere close to the ass whooping. I think everyone knew it, which is why abo punted towards the end.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:10 AM   #59
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

There have been countless numbers of "Moments" in the history of this
rivalry where players from either team "rubbed it in", at times in the game
where one team KNEW it was over, and the other side had given up.

Last year on Alshon's catch for the TD late in the game, he walked over
to the defender he just toasted, and "T-Bagged" him right in front of the
ref. It was AJs way of saying "I (we) Own you" ! .... Ingram and Clowney
standing over Boyd's whipped body after the helmet came off after yet
another sack, and Ingram telling the press afterwards who asked him what
he was saying to Boyd in that incident, Ingram replied "Y'all need to stop
tweeting" ! Several others come to mind on both sides, but a couple of the most
famous that sticks out in my mind was (1) the incident where Mike Hold held
the football out to William "Refriderator" Perry and when he wouldn't look
at it, he rolled it on the ground towards him after SC scored the TD to
go ahead (and win) the game in 1984.

(2) Watching Steve Taneyhill kneeling down and doing "Something" at
mid field for a few seconds before being interviewed on National TV as
the Game's MVP... When asked by the reporters what he was doing over
there at mid field, Taneyhill replied "I was just signing the Paw with my
finger..sort of putting my signature on the game" !

What DJ Swearinger did was simply another "moment" that will go down
as one of THE MOMENTS in the rivalry. An incident that simply put a
signature on the game as Taneyhill did, and whether fans liked it or not,
it was "Needed". I thought it was one of the greatest moments in the
rivalry I have ever seen. DJ is my new Hero !
Old 12-27-2012, 10:36 AM   #60
reddot8481
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200
reddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot material

Spurt, wasn't Hold's taunting the Fridge at the end of the game or at least when a play was blown dead? I mean logistically speaking why would he have the football in the backfield if we scored a TD?
Carolina eu preciso te falar
Ô Carolina eu vou amar você
reddot8481 is offline   Reply With Quote