CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
Aggie96
Gamecocks1137
rolinb1
Cockypantherfan
jebodiah
b381l
Gamecock in TX
Lonnie
Regalcock
2016 Commitment - Ja (2438)
Aggie Statistics (1161)
TJ Holloman (1028)
Gameday Garnet Polo (1027)
Spurrier accepts coc (926)
They are coming to y (885)
Free furniture if A& (608)
We lost a great Game (431)
How are we feeling a (357)
2013 game vs TN is o (322)
Connor Shaw Browns
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
How are we feeling about
QB Kenny Hill named start
Official SEC Network and
Spurrier accepts cockys c
texags
Favorite Gamecock of all-
Asheville/Spartanburg eat
TJ Holloman


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2012, 12:19 PM   #201
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American
 
ReadR00ster's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Posts: 8,811
CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material
Default Re: Tebow a hypocrite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioninusc View Post
Give the guy three years starting at QB and is a bust to tell him he needs to reinvent himself. He had only one year and his team made it to the playoff's. I could careless about the guy, but sheesh, you should of told Eli Manning he should become a WR, or shoe salesman after his first year in the NFL then.
No one is going to GIVE him three years or one year or one game as a starting QB. Don't you get that. He has to earn it.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:36 PM   #202
Take-a-Knee
Game MVP
 
Take-a-Knee's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: upstate SC
Posts: 1,601
CockyCash: 10000
Take-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot material
Default Re: Tebow a hypocrite?

Compare Tebows first 10 starts vs Elways first 10
Take-a-Knee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:54 PM   #203
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC
 
hellraiser24's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: columbia
Posts: 3,650
CockyCash: 1384
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Tebow a hypocrite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
He ran it most of the year and didn't whine about it then. In fact he said he was EXCITED, several times, about doing it. Did the Jets ever promise that Tebow would ever start? No. That was his own expectations that he didn't live up to by improving as a player. Now he wants to leave after only one year. If Tebow wants to be a starting QB and he thinks he can do it somewhere else and not there, good for him, but don't expect any team to buy this "team player" "I'll do anything the team requires of me" stuff again, because he has just proven that to not be true.
The Jets asked him to put on 15 pounds so he could run the ball. He did that. How is that not being a team player? The way the Jets treated him towards the end of the season is bush league. Sanchez was horrible, and they kept playing him, never giving Tebow a chance. When confronted by the media with this question, they said they were not high on Tebow as a QB. If that was the case, then they should have never signed him. Starting McElroy towards the end of the season, a guy who was not on the team the whole year, is crazy. Tebow is a better QB in this point of time, and to start the third string QB over him is a knock against their respect for Tebow.

A lot of people don't like Tebow because the media talks about him way too much. Tebow cannot help that. Heck, GQ put him on the front of their magazine early this fall, and the pictures were taken when he was at Florida. He didn't take a photoshoot with them, in an effort to get publicity. They put him on the front of the magazine because they believe his face/name will sell the magazines.

Tebow is a good football player who can make an impact for some team in the NFL. The Jets never gave him the chance, and hopefully for his sake he will find a team that will. The guy is a class act and I am shocked to see that some of you are questioning whether he is a good guy or not.
__________________
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13




hellraiser24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:34 PM   #204
nicstockman
Allway’s wright
 
nicstockman's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 2,716
CockyCash: 30812298
nicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot material
Default Re: Tebow a hypocrite?

Some of you people must really be pissed at Lattimore.
__________________
FOREVER TO THEE
nicstockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:31 PM   #205
robgusc76
1st Team All-American
 
robgusc76's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Columbia
Posts: 13,291
CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76
Default Re: Tebow a hypocrite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
He ran it most of the year and didn't whine about it then. In fact he said he was EXCITED, several times, about doing it. Did the Jets ever promise that Tebow would ever start? No. That was his own expectations that he didn't live up to by improving as a player. Now he wants to leave after only one year. If Tebow wants to be a starting QB and he thinks he can do it somewhere else and not there, good for him, but don't expect any team to buy this "team player" "I'll do anything the team requires of me" stuff again, because he has just proven that to not be true.
He was promised 15-20 plays a game which he never got. You're just another hater. Jealousy can ruin you, you may wanna take a break from this thread.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:38 PM   #206
Next Year
Synthetica
 
Next Year's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Gamecock Nation
Posts: 2,468
CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material
Default Re: Tebow a hypocrite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery View Post
The power of Tebow---10 pages on a backup quarterback that refused to run a gimmicky crap package that doesn't work in the NFL on a team that isn't relevant other than the interest of watching a train wreck.

As far as the start of the downfall of Tebow...that's a little much.

The dude is also coming back from two broken ribs

Maybe running the wildcat isn't the best thing for him.
__________________
Hang in there!
Next Year is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:43 PM   #207
Emery
Game MVP
 
Emery's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Lexington SC
Posts: 1,782
CockyCash: 1000
Emery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPit
Default Re: Tebow a hypocrite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Year View Post
The dude is also coming back from two broken ribs

Maybe running the wildcat isn't the best thing for him.
True--but again with the power of Tebow could you tell me the injury status of another 3rd string quarterback?
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:45 PM   #208
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American
 
ReadR00ster's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Posts: 8,811
CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material
Default Re: Tebow a hypocrite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraiser24 View Post
The Jets asked him to put on 15 pounds so he could run the ball. He did that. How is that not being a team player? The way the Jets treated him towards the end of the season is bush league. Sanchez was horrible, and they kept playing him, never giving Tebow a chance. When confronted by the media with this question, they said they were not high on Tebow as a QB. If that was the case, then they should have never signed him. Starting McElroy towards the end of the season, a guy who was not on the team the whole year, is crazy. Tebow is a better QB in this point of time, and to start the third string QB over him is a knock against their respect for Tebow.

A lot of people don't like Tebow because the media talks about him way too much. Tebow cannot help that. Heck, GQ put him on the front of their magazine early this fall, and the pictures were taken when he was at Florida. He didn't take a photoshoot with them, in an effort to get publicity. They put him on the front of the magazine because they believe his face/name will sell the magazines.

Tebow is a good football player who can make an impact for some team in the NFL. The Jets never gave him the chance, and hopefully for his sake he will find a team that will. The guy is a class act and I am shocked to see that some of you are questioning whether he is a good guy or not.
Again... there it is. GIVE Tebow a chance? It doesn't work that way. Just because you do what you are supposed to that doesn't entitle you to opportunities. Plenty of players in the NFL do what they are asked and no one GIVES them a chance, yet you think he deserves special treatment. If a player does well in practice and puts himself in the popper position if he is lucky he'll get the chance, if not he won't. As bad as Sanchez played, Tebow failed to convince his coach that he gave them a better chance to win then the other two guys. He didn't earn the chance. Tough-doo-doo for TimE. If he was serious about being a starting QB he should have worked on his mechanics and started treating practice more seriously instead of relying on "TEBOW" chants. Because the Jets fans didnt' really want him either. THEY were chanting for McElroy even towards the end. And so Tebow agreed to put on 15 lbs and play the wildcat and he was excited about that role. Yet he was never promised a chance to start at QB. So why is he or anyone surprised he never got a start? It should have been obvious from the beginning how they intended to use him, so there is no standing for him or anyone to whine about it now.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:52 PM   #209
Next Year
Synthetica
 
Next Year's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Gamecock Nation
Posts: 2,468
CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material
Default Re: Tebow a hypocrite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery View Post
True--but again with the power of Tebow could you tell me the injury status of another 3rd string quarterback?

I could tell you the status of the QBs in Dallas because that is my team.

I could tell you the status of the QBs in Pittsburgh because of watching the struggles Leftwich and Batch.

I could tell you the status of the QBs in Philly.
__________________
Hang in there!
Next Year is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:54 PM   #210
yFSC
4-Star
 
yFSC's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Columbia
Posts: 409
CockyCash: 480
yFSC is crowing loudlyyFSC is crowing loudlyyFSC is crowing loudlyyFSC is crowing loudlyyFSC is crowing loudlyyFSC is crowing loudlyyFSC is crowing loudlyyFSC is crowing loudlyyFSC is crowing loudlyyFSC is crowing loudlyyFSC is crowing loudly
Default Re: Tebow a hypocrite?

I can say I don't particularly like Tebow, mainly because of the pure hype train & annoying amounts of coverage, but he was definitely treated wrong in NY.
He was lied to when he was brought in. Never got the amount of meaningful snaps they said he would, never had a shot to compete for the starting job like they said he would, yet he was still going along with it all with a smile on his face.

I'm glad he stood up for himself & said he wasn't taking the crap anymore. They're out of the playoffs, the team isn't playing for anything, so why should he have to continue to cast himself in the stereotypical mold of a wildcat player?

And let's be honest, the Jets are a horrible & dysfunctional franchise. They need to clean house, new GM, coach, and all.
yFSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:10 PM   #211
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American
 
ReadR00ster's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Posts: 8,811
CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material
Default Re: Tebow a hypocrite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yFSC View Post
I can say I don't particularly like Tebow, mainly because of the pure hype train & annoying amounts of coverage, but he was definitely treated wrong in NY.
He was lied to when he was brought in. Never got the amount of meaningful snaps they said he would, never had a shot to compete for the starting job like they said he would, yet he was still going along with it all with a smile on his face.

I'm glad he stood up for himself & said he wasn't taking the crap anymore. They're out of the playoffs, the team isn't playing for anything, so why should he have to continue to cast himself in the stereotypical mold of a wildcat player?

And let's be honest, the Jets are a horrible & dysfunctional franchise. They need to clean house, new GM, coach, and all.

Where did they say that? Was he promised a certain number of snaps. Did not get a chance to compete for the starting job? A chance to compete doesn't mean you get to start. You are implying promises that never existed. The truth is Tim Tebow was trying to be an opportunist. Appease the coaches in the beginning and tell them what they want to hear the wring his hands behind the scenes telling himself, "It'll be just like Denver, I wait until Sanchez struggles, then the 'Tebow Tebow' chants will start flowing, and they will be backed into a corner and will HAVE to start playing me. Bwahahaha!" Except, the Jets were't about to fall for that. And they weren't about to give up easily on Sanchez who was Rex Ryan's guy, who they just gave a contract extension to who wanted to still be a Jet. It's not like Orton at Denver who wanted out.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:11 PM   #212
ScottK
4-Star
 
ScottK's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Florence, SC
Posts: 470
CockyCash: 500
ScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his comb
Default Re: Tebow a hypocrite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
If he was serious about being a starting QB he should have worked on his mechanics and started treating practice more seriously instead of relying on "TEBOW" chants.
Yea, he should've started practicing more to be a traditional quarterback during practice while on a team that asked him to put on 15lbs, run wildcat plays, and plays special teams. And then you could say "hey waaaaahhhh I don't like Tebow and look he did something wrong because he's not doing what his team asked him to do!"
ScottK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:18 PM   #213
ScottK
4-Star
 
ScottK's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Florence, SC
Posts: 470
CockyCash: 500
ScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his comb
Default Re: Tebow a hypocrite?

Basically it all comes down to Tebow being sort of snubbed all year long by not being played as much as expected, but apparently taking it in stride. Then he gets passed over for the starting position when the team chooses the third string QB, gets mad at the coach in private and POSSIBLY says something along the lines of "screw it this sucks and if you don't want me as a QB I don't want to play a part in any of your other crappy plans that have worked out so well this year."

Then a couple of days later he goes back, apologizes and smoothes things over with the coach. And THIS is what people want me to believe has got them SO ANGRY about Tebow? Give me a break. There are back office discussions between coaches and players all the time and no one gets this much sand in their vag about it.
ScottK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:20 PM   #214
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American
 
ReadR00ster's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Posts: 8,811
CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material
Default Re: Tebow a hypocrite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottK View Post
Yea, he should've started practicing more to be a traditional quarterback during practice while on a team that asked him to put on 15lbs, run wildcat plays, and plays special teams. And then you could say "hey waaaaahhhh I don't like Tebow and look he did something wrong because he's not doing what his team asked him to do!"
I don't have a problem that he did it. I just have a problem with people making every excuse under the sun for him. Also, he doesn't need to work on "being a more traditional QB" he needs work on his accuracy and getting his release quicker because it is way too slow it tips off the defense that it's a pass and it give defenses more time to catch him and hit him.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:24 PM   #215
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American
 
ReadR00ster's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Posts: 8,811
CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material
Default Re: Tebow a hypocrite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottK View Post
Basically it all comes down to Tebow being sort of snubbed all year long by not being played as much as expected, but apparently taking it in stride. Then he gets passed over for the starting position when the team chooses the third string QB, gets mad at the coach in private and POSSIBLY says something along the lines of "screw it this sucks and if you don't want me as a QB I don't want to play a part in any of your other crappy plans that have worked out so well this year."

Then a couple of days later he goes back, apologizes and smoothes things over with the coach. And THIS is what people want me to believe has got them SO ANGRY about Tebow? Give me a break. There are back office discussions between coaches and players all the time and no one gets this much sand in their vag about it.
Again, I am not angry at Tebow. I am annoyed by all the people worshipping him and the constant media coverage of a bad QB. I'm sick of it. If I have to be the Anti-Skip Bayless to get people to shut up about him, I will.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:25 PM   #216
ScottK
4-Star
 
ScottK's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Florence, SC
Posts: 470
CockyCash: 500
ScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his comb
Default Re: Tebow a hypocrite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
I don't have a problem that he did it. I just have a problem with people making every excuse under the sun for him. Also, he doesn't need to work on "being a more traditional QB" he needs work on his accuracy and getting his release quicker because it is way too slow it tips off the defense that it's a pass and it give defenses more time to catch him and hit him.
I agree and I think that this year has been a major setback for his career because he hasn't been able to work on any of that. I think that was his original goal for the offseason before finding out about the whole Manning thing.
ScottK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:30 PM   #217
ScottK
4-Star
 
ScottK's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Florence, SC
Posts: 470
CockyCash: 500
ScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his comb
Default Re: Tebow a hypocrite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Again, I am not angry at Tebow. I am annoyed by all the people worshipping him and the constant media coverage of a bad QB. I'm sick of it.
Well, you have to accept the fact that when a backup QB comes in midseason and the team then turns around, that's going to get media coverage. And that's when the media coverage began. And repeated comeback victories are always going to get media coverage, no matter who is involved.

Also when said person who was in the center of a turnaround season and multiple exciting games then sits the bench the next year, that's an interesting story as well.

So the person in the media happens to be someone you don't like... I don't know what to tell ya. There's a lot of people on TV that I don't necessarily like as a person or get tired of seeing, but hey, you can't please everybody.
ScottK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:40 PM   #218
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER
 
GamecockUltimate's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Club Fields
Posts: 5,196
CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material
Default Re: Tebow a hypocrite?

i feel like if you have a thread and it is you and maybe one other guy going along with it is originally said and it gets to 10 pages and everyone else says you are way off base....and half the posts are yours defending your position against eveyone else, you are probably not right and should probably drop it. being the guy who gets the last word doesnt make you right and won't make people agree with you. just a thought. carry on.
__________________

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:40 PM   #219
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American
 
ReadR00ster's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Posts: 8,811
CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material
Default Re: Tebow a hypocrite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottK View Post
Well, you have to accept the fact that when a backup QB comes in midseason and the team then turns around, that's going to get media coverage. And that's when the media coverage began. And repeated comeback victories are always going to get media coverage, no matter who is involved.

Also when said person who was in the center of a turnaround season and multiple exciting games then sits the bench the next year, that's an interesting story as well.

So the person in the media happens to be someone you don't like... I don't know what to tell ya. There's a lot of people on TV that I don't necessarily like as a person or get tired of seeing, but hey, you can't please everybody.
I only remember one exciting game, most of those comebacks were against garbage teams, and Tebow played like garbage for most of those games. That is another thing that annoys me. Him getting credit for a "turnaround season" in a crap division against a crap schedule when his teammates who carried his sorry butt and bailed him out really should have gotten the credit.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:41 PM   #220
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER
 
GamecockUltimate's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Club Fields
Posts: 5,196
CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material
Default Re: Tebow a hypocrite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Again, I am not angry at Tebow. I am annoyed by all the people worshipping him and the constant media coverage of a bad QB. I'm sick of it. If I have to be the Anti-Skip Bayless to get people to shut up about him, I will.
thats what i am referring to.
__________________

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Provided by SLB Development