CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
NAGamecockFan
johnnyb
taylorssc
Lonnie
Gamecocks321
doubledribble
GarnetSwarm1990
gadeneer1986
Cocks N Stuff
So Disappointed With (2383)
Rank the QBs under S (1636)
Back like cooked cra (1222)
Tennessee game (777)
Who start on the d l (687)
No Comments on the H (572)
Google finally gets (471)
lack of production= (377)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (212)
Gameday parking in A (149)
Why I think we beat Aubur
SEC Debate: Best candidat
No Comments on the Holes?
So Disappointed With The
Tennessee game
Back like cooked crack
Rank the QBs under Spurri
Which loss hurt worse, Mi
Texas athletic director:
Roll call for Auburn

Old 12-01-2012, 10:43 AM   #81
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2013 Depth Chart

we'll likely do a lot of two tight end lineups like we're doing this year. i forget if theyve called it an h-back, but justice and busta are essentially playing two different positions though im sure they could or have moved back and forth if necessary. adams said earlier he was backing up justice, so it should be seamless as far as in the passing game.

the positive to carson having the hand injury is he'll essentially if not technically be going into 2013 as a rs freshman two years removed from the knee injury. the old or recent saying since guys have been able to come back from the serious knee injuries is that it generally takes two years to get all the way back. to start with i hope hes out there for spring ball.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:42 AM   #82
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

I know he will only be a freshman, but if Connor Mitch comes in learns the system and impresses, well sky is the limit for that kid. He could be starting come next year.
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:59 AM   #83
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sctvman View Post
Who will kick and punt? Ard or St. Germain as the kicker? Who will win the punting battle? Fish, Williamson or Hull?
Landon Ard and Tyler Hull

Gamecockfanatic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:17 AM   #84
DJ35
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
DJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopcockycock View Post
some of you will just never learn. not only will dylan not be the starting qb next season (and i will bet ALL of my cocky cash on that), but he will not even be in the top three. mitch and nos will both pass him by. dylan is a very good qb, but he just isn't shaw, and the talent of the newcomers will push him down the depth chart.

next i agree with everything you wrote c2 except for wilds. i know it's easy to do since he has not been able to show his stuff for two years now, but if the knee is 100%, shon carson will blow everybody away. this guys is so talented and we just haven't been able to see it yet.
If it wasn't already made clear that Mitch is gonna redshirt then I would agree with this whole post. I do agree with you 100% that Shon Carson will show out and be the starter at RB.
DJ35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:19 AM   #85
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ35 View Post
If it wasn't already made clear that Mitch is gonna redshirt then I would agree with this whole post. I do agree with you 100% that Shon Carson will show out and be the starter at RB.
The poster you replied to should bite his tongue. Mitch may just take that starting job away from Connor. Shaw is a great dual threat, but Mitch runs SOS's system to the fullest. Connor is going to have a sign on his back this year, it will read, "Pass the ball and learn your reads, or this freshman is going to take your job bruh."
Old 12-02-2012, 04:31 AM   #86
snoopcockycock
Banned

Male

snoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondGamecock View Post
The poster you replied to should bite his tongue. Mitch may just take that starting job away from Connor. Shaw is a great dual threat, but Mitch runs SOS's system to the fullest. Connor is going to have a sign on his back this year, it will read, "Pass the ball and learn your reads, or this freshman is going to take your job bruh."
some of you guys are forgetting, that it isn't just mitch that is targeting shaw. do not discount noso, as he is a super talented qb in his own right. and from what i am hearing, he CAN out "connor" connor! the question is will he?
so while i love connor, and have all the confidence in the world that he will continue to progress and just get better and better, the nagging question in the back of my mind is will it be enough to hold off nos and mitch? it should be, because i don't think a large portion of our fanbase appreciate just how good connor is. but then again, these young bucks gunning for him, including dylan, are talented and one of them might just be able to catch him. either way, it is going to be extremely interesting watching all of it unfold this spring and next season.
snoopcockycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:13 AM   #87
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post
Not sure why people are sleeping on Alfy Hill

Zero chance he is behind anyone but JD/Sutton of the DE's (maybe overtakes Sutton.. I want to see Chaz against the run more)

Alfy is by far the player I'm most excited about, kid has Major talent and great size (6'4 280)
I can't see Sutton being strongside DE. He's more of a Jarvis Jones type, borderline linebacker/DE. I hoping Hill is going to be starting at that spot. He's the only prototypical SDE I see. Maybe Greene or Dixon, Quarles would probably be good there too, but I think we'd like to keep him at DT.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:40 PM   #88
Kuhn
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
Kuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondGamecock View Post
Yep. 160 yards passing against Wofford. Wofford!!! Imo, the real reason Shaw didn't play against Clemson. That performance was so far below SOS's standards the HBC had finally had enough. You can say the incredibly lame stats are due to the oft injured Shaw's leg being lame but again, Shaw should put the team above himself and come out. He won't risk losing his starting job by throwing into to tight coverage or coming out when he is hurting and ineffectual. You can see why the team responds to Dylan.

So Shaw will probably play well at practice when he doesn't fear getting hit or losing the game doesn't change the obvious fact that during a game at Vandy or LSU or at Home vs Wofford! he loses his poise and gets happy feet and tunnel vision. Imo, we will see a new QB in 2013. Without Latti, we need one.
Kuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:50 PM   #89
BlueEagles06
Two Deep

Male

BlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPit

QB: Dylan
RB: Wilds
WR: Ace
WR: Ellington
WR: Fuller
TE: Buster
Old 12-04-2012, 03:56 PM   #90
CockFighter
yeah boy

Male

CockFighter is learning to peckCockFighter is learning to peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTsecSC View Post
You think Busta will get passed by Adams and Nick Jones will be buried in the WR depth????
Busta will not get passed by Adams. Adams is faster but he can not block and that is the reason he did not play that much this year.
CockFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:59 PM   #91
CockFighter
yeah boy

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
I can't see Sutton being strongside DE. He's more of a Jarvis Jones type, borderline linebacker/DE. I hoping Hill is going to be starting at that spot. He's the only prototypical SDE I see. Maybe Greene or Dixon, Quarles would probably be good there too, but I think we'd like to keep him at DT.
Lawing told me we don't run strong / weakside DE. It is only left and right so Sutton /English/ Hill all have equal changes depending who performs better.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:11 PM   #92
CockFighter
yeah boy

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEagles06 View Post
QB: Dylan
RB: Wilds
WR: Ace
WR: Ellington
WR: Fuller
TE: Buster
Wilds will not start. It will be either Carson or Davis and I think K. Smith starts over Fuller.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:42 PM   #93
Unknit
4-Star

Male

Unknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockFighter View Post
Wilds will not start. It will be either Carson or Davis and I think K. Smith starts over Fuller.
Well I hope Wilds knows this. He should just not show up for spring ball if he doesn't have a chance.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:06 PM   #94
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockFighter View Post
lol..lay off the egg nog.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:33 PM   #95
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime843 View Post
Is Zandi doing that good C2?
No. I'm not C2, but one of my friends watched him play for four years at Chapin HS and wasn't very impressed.

Cooper is recuperating from ACL surgery so it is doubtful he is on the two deep at the outset of 2013. With Coop out, the linebacker situation is completely unsettled.

I hope Vic stays, but he is likely going pro. He is that good.

The RB depth chart will be more settled after the bowl game, especially if Kenny is still gimping around on that bad knee.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:37 PM   #96
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

I think skill wise, we may have a lot of ORs on the DT.
RB is full of ors with Davis, Salley, Carson and Wilds.
WR: Roland, Smith, Brent, Fuller, Byrd all fighting for time behind Ellington, Sanders and Jones.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:27 PM   #97
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

I look for Mitch to make it in the top 3, redshirt or no redshirt.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:38 PM   #98
cockywill09
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 647
cockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudly

RB'S

WILDS
DAVIS
CARSON
SALLY
Old 12-26-2012, 06:23 PM   #99
snoopcockycock
Banned

Male

snoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot material

wilds will play plenty. he will not be the forgotten man. all three of them will be used, early and often. it is my opinion that carson will eventually rise to the top, but in reality any one of the three could become the starter, as all three are seriously talented. it wouldn't surprise me to have a rotating starter at rb. as long as all three are producing, that shouldn't do anything but keep fresh legs in the games. if they can do it successfully at lsu, we can do it at carolina.
snoopcockycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:47 PM   #100
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

I really hope the coaching staff uses more rb's next year, and not keep handing the ball off to the same back over and over again. We need to do what LSU, Bama, and UGA does with their backs. I believe that way is much more effective.
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote