CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecock88
Dietz
GregoryHouse
zcoop
Yearofthegamecock
Jdallen20
roosterdude21
Badazcock
Team Garcia
Blackland
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (23719)
ESPN Game Day Commen (1905)
Simple "yes&quo (1404)
Phil Steele just pre (1105)
Garcia: Change the R (669)
TeMarcus Blanton (658)
Anybody just have th (371)
Miss St vs. Kentucky (315)
Where in Seattle (225)
Instrumental Music ( (213)
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
We actually didnt lose
Extremely Proud
Eat Crow
Defense question
Nick Marshall
what I think ab ward
Good fight but
Anybody just have that &q
UFC 179: Jose Aldo vs Cha

Old 12-26-2012, 03:06 PM   #1
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 420000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad
Default VA Tech CB Uses Bowl Game Gift Card To Buy 3 Random Kids Presents

Virginia Tech CB Uses Russell Athletic Bowl Game Best Buy Gift Card To Buy 3 Random Kids Christmas Presents

Hampton Roads – Antone Exum already had some headphones picked out for himself and a few for his friends on Christmas Eve. The Virginia Tech cornerback was thinking about some speakers, maybe a few DVDs to finish off the $470 gift card to Best Buy that all the Hokies got as part of the Russell Athletic Bowl swag. “It was really all wants,” he said before practice Tuesday. “It wasn’t anything that I needed or anything, so I just put it back and tried to help some kids out.”

Exum put his things back on the shelves and sought out a few kids he saw earlier in the store. They were playing a demo version of the PlayStation 3 when Exum offered to take them on a shopping spree. “They asked me like three times, ‘So … we can get anything we want? We can just buy anything we want?’” Exum said. “They kept asking me. I was like, ‘Yeah, yeah. I’ve got this money and I want you to go shopping and get what you want.’” Eventually convinced that the gesture was on the level, the three kids, two brothers and a cousin visiting Florida from the Bahamas, picked out what they wanted for Christmas.

Originally, Exum thought it was only two boys. But a third, the youngest of the group, was with his mother and quickly joined the spree. Their haul — a PlayStation 3, some controllers, some video games and a Blackberry — totaled over $500, which was a little more than what Exum had on his card. Teammates Tariq Edwards and Marcus Davis covered the difference.

“It just came down to at the end of the day, I was blessed to have a lot of fortunate Christmases when I was a kid,” Exum said. “So I hope that every kid deserves to have those perfect Christmases. “So when I had the chance, I wanted to give those kids the chance to shop in my cart and get anything they wanted and hopefully it’s a Christmas that they won’t forget. And I know that it was a Christmas that I won’t forget because I won’t forget those smiles and the excitement on their faces when I told them they could get whatever they wanted in the store.”

Cool move on his part!
Old 12-26-2012, 03:15 PM   #2
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material
Default Re: VA Tech CB Uses Bowl Game Gift Card To Buy 3 Random Kids Presents

Wow, bravo. That is awesome.
Ericvol2096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:21 PM   #3
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

Applause man.

Respect
Old 12-26-2012, 03:22 PM   #4
5lbYardcock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly

Man, that is great. I applaude him for this.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:22 PM   #5
johnmcclane
my wife is awesome

Male

CockyCash: 100500
johnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot material

love it. andre johnson setting the precedent!
Old 12-26-2012, 03:26 PM   #6
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 113508514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Nice job. Guess he ain't no jive turkey.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:34 PM   #7
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

That is really neat. hope those kids have fun..ugh but still stay active.

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:47 PM   #8
HUGEGARNETCOCK
4EVER CROWING!

Male

CockyCash: 490
HUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudly

Not many kids do things like this! Awesome!
Old 12-26-2012, 04:38 PM   #9
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 3568
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

That's cool
Old 12-26-2012, 07:54 PM   #10
JohnnyR2211
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 756
JohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudly

That is a great act of selflessness! Kudos to this guy. There aren't many people I know regardless of age that would have it in them to do this especially on a whim. What a great story!
JohnnyR2211 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:17 PM   #11
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Awesome nothing but class.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:34 PM   #12
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 49400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

I smell a recruiting violation coming on. That kid on the right will be the RT at VT in about 6 years.

I'm totally kidding this is a really awesome story.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:44 PM   #13
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

very cool

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:20 PM   #14
TheUSCMike
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 4250
TheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot material

NICE
TheUSCMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:26 PM   #15
renegade_doc
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 400
renegade_doc has hatched from the shell

Very cool. But over $500 is a helluva Christmas for 3 kids. Bet the parents are stoked that they don't have to get the kids anything this year.
renegade_doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:39 PM   #16
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Awesome move by a great dude. Clemson fans have definitely called this gentleman a thug in the past.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:50 PM   #17
renegade_doc
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 400
renegade_doc has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceAlmighty View Post
Clemson fans have definitely called this gentleman a thug in the past.
Haha, what a gay thing to say. Proof or STFU.
renegade_doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:30 PM   #18
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade_doc View Post
Haha, what a gay thing to say. Proof or STFU.
So funny how you are around talking trash for months before the South Carolina Clemson football game then you suddenly disappear and don't say one single word about the game. Then you decide to show back up a few weeks letter in the basketball game thread and now this thread.

How bout that Tiger football team that was going to kick SC's ass this year??? Yeah, the one that was "different" than the one from the previous three years??

ACC baby!!!
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:33 AM   #19
cockalicious
All American"all the way"

Male

CockyCash: 10206
cockalicious is sharpening his clawscockalicious is sharpening his clawscockalicious is sharpening his clawscockalicious is sharpening his claws

Classy guy! What a Rep of VT awesome
Old 12-27-2012, 01:23 AM   #20
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Great, video games. Counldn't he have bought them something useful in learning? i pad? Laptop? come on.
ReadR00ster is online now   Reply With Quote