CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Clowneygotcha
Gamecocks1137
gamecockgal
Evilchicken3
spareparts
Acockolypse Now
Badazcock
eightohhthree
StormOfTalons
Mike Davis (3134)
Terrible Officiating (1774)
Cack's Toast of the (1673)
Acock's Wrap Up: Geo (1419)
If (big IF) we can w (1260)
USC -21 and a hook @ (1238)
No Gurley near the g (1097)
Elliott Fry crushes (1077)
How the top 25 SHOUL (831)
Most Spirited Fan (799)
Brad Guzan
carolina vs clemson ticke
The SEC East schedule fro
Elliott Fry crushes Clems
If (big IF) we can win bi
20 of 31 former players s
Mike Davis
Most Spirited Fan
2015 Greyshirt - Darin Sm
Tired of night games

Old 12-26-2012, 03:42 PM   #221
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material
Default Re: Tebow a hypocrite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate View Post
i feel like if you have a thread and it is you and maybe one other guy going along with it is originally said and it gets to 10 pages and everyone else says you are way off base....and half the posts are yours defending your position against eveyone else, you are probably not right and should probably drop it. being the guy who gets the last word doesnt make you right and won't make people agree with you. just a thought. carry on.
No, I'm not wrong. It's just Tebow's spell is far reaching. The insanity has spread far and wide. And I am not the one on the defense either.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:44 PM   #222
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
thats what i am referring to.
Yeah? And? Someone needs to counter him. Everyone is getting dumber for having listened to him.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:45 PM   #223
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Yeah? And? Someone needs to counter him. Everyone is getting dumber for having listened to him.
your OP is how he is being a hypocrite...him being a bad QB has nothing to do with him being a hypocrite. stay on topic, at this point you are just doing everything you can to bring him name down.

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:47 PM   #224
yFSC
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 480
yFSC is crowing loudlyyFSC is crowing loudlyyFSC is crowing loudlyyFSC is crowing loudlyyFSC is crowing loudlyyFSC is crowing loudlyyFSC is crowing loudlyyFSC is crowing loudlyyFSC is crowing loudlyyFSC is crowing loudlyyFSC is crowing loudly

Quote:
Where did they say that? Was he promised a certain number of snaps. Did not get a chance to compete for the starting job? A chance to compete doesn't mean you get to start. You are implying promises that never existed. The truth is Tim Tebow was trying to be an opportunist. Appease the coaches in the beginning and tell them what they want to hear the wring his hands behind the scenes telling himself, "It'll be just like Denver, I wait until Sanchez struggles, then the 'Tebow Tebow' chants will start flowing, and they will be backed into a corner and will HAVE to start playing me. Bwahahaha!" Except, the Jets were't about to fall for that. And they weren't about to give up easily on Sanchez who was Rex Ryan's guy, who they just gave a contract extension to who wanted to still be a Jet. It's not like Orton at Denver who wanted out.
What, were you deaf when Rex Ryan himself said Tim Tebow would get 15-20 snaps every single game? Or are you just ignoring it because it doesn't fit your paradigm?

I don't like the dude either, but you don't have to be a slathering blind hater. At least be reasonable about it.
yFSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:47 PM   #225
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
your OP is how he is being a hypocrite...him being a bad QB has nothing to do with him being a hypocrite. stay on topic, at this point you are just doing everything you can to bring him name down.
See dumber. Of course it has something to do with it. It's the real reason why he isn't getting the start that has lead to this entire conversation.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:49 PM   #226
ScottK
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
ScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his comb

Quote:
I only remember one exciting game, most of those comebacks were against garbage teams, and Tebow played like garbage for most of those games. That is another thing that annoys me. Him getting credit for a "turnaround season" in a crap division against a crap schedule when his teammates who carried his sorry butt and bailed him out really should have gotten the credit.
The fact that you are so negative about the comebacks makes it seem like you also are making them all about Tebow. A comeback is exciting almost by definition, to even a neutral observer.
ScottK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:52 PM   #227
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by yFSC View Post
What, were you deaf when Rex Ryan himself said Tim Tebow would get 15-20 snaps every single game? Or are you just ignoring it because it doesn't fit your paradigm?

I don't like the dude either, but you don't have to be a slathering blind hater. At least be reasonable about it.
Um no. He said that he would be a "major contributor." But that could mean anything. He also said he would be running the Wildcat and you never know if you are going to run it for 1 snap or 20, just make the defense have to prepare for it. He never promised him 15-20 snaps. Never promised he'd play in every game, and damn sure didn't promise he will start.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:54 PM   #228
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottK View Post
The fact that you are so negative about the comebacks makes it seem like you also are making them all about Tebow. A comeback is exciting almost by definition, to even a neutral observer.
Not to me, not when it is against a crap team.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:04 PM   #229
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Is that all? I think I've said all I have to say about Tebow and can't stomache anymore Tebow talk. So I call truce for now.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:20 PM   #230
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

[quote=ReadR00ster;360924So, yeah, I think Tebow is a hypocrite, but so what. The entire league is filled with hypocrisy. This is how Tebow learned it, from watching NFL players make these same kind [/QUOTE]so, you make a thread about tebow being a hypocrite and assert that tim is letting players influence him. and then you say you dont care anyway..

And dont say i am taking you out of context since that is what you have done by starting this thread.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:39 PM   #231
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I hope you are giving an example of hyperbole here. I don't believe listening to anyone or anything makes a person dumber. Buying in to what one has heard may lead to a decrease in common sense (not decreased intelligence).

I am not concerned with Tim's message unless he runs for elected office and then only moderately so.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:56 PM   #232
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
so, you make a thread about tebow being a hypocrite and assert that tim is letting players influence him. and then you say you dont care anyway..

And dont say i am taking you out of context since that is what you have done by starting this thread.
First of all, I am talking about Tebow himself. Second of all when I said that I don't care may not be totally accurate. I should have said that I care very little about him. That is what I meant. He is small spec of something on the edge of my interest. I care as much about him as I care about Greg McElroy, Brady Quinn, or Jimmy Clausen. I'm not a fan but they are in the NFL. What I care about more is the constant attention and special treatment he gets because that annoys the crap out of me. And the reason I started the thread was because it was topic people were talking about that day, and I had an opinion. Tebow had something I felt he needed to be called on and so did people who were criticizing him. So did everyone who actually holds to guy to ridiculous standards. That's why I start the thread. Clear yet? good, well I'm done.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:01 PM   #233
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy66 View Post
I hope you are giving an example of hyperbole here. I don't believe listening to anyone or anything makes a person dumber. Buying in to what one has heard may lead to a decrease in common sense (not decreased intelligence).

I am not concerned with Tim's message unless he runs for elected office and then only moderately so.
Well this guy disagrees with you.

This is what I think every time Skip Bayless talks about Tim Tebow.

Last edited by ReadR00ster; 12-26-2012 at 05:53 PM.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:22 PM   #234
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
First of all, I am talking about Tebow himself. Second of all when I said that I don't care may not be totally accurate. I should have said that I care very little about him. That is what I meant. He is small spec of something on the edge of my interest. I care as much about him as I care about Greg McElroy, Brady Quinn, or Jimmy Clausen. I'm not a fan but they are in the NFL. What I care about more is the constant attention and special treatment he gets because that annoys the crap out of me. And the reason I started the thread was because it was topic people were talking about that day, and I had an opinion. Tebow had something I felt he needed to be called on and so did people who were criticizing him. So did everyone who actually holds to guy to ridiculous standards. That's why I start the thread. Clear yet? good, well I'm done.
ok..someone you have a spec of interest about caused you to create a thread for the sole purpose of speaking ill about. the same spec of a person that you admit "annoys" you.

which is it, man. does he annoy you or is he a spec on your radar. i cant imagine anyone creating a thread over someone they dont care about. face it man, you cant get tebow off your mind.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:34 PM   #235
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
ok..someone you have a spec of interest about caused you to create a thread for the sole purpose of speaking ill about. the same spec of a person that you admit "annoys" you.

which is it, man. does he annoy you or is he a spec on your radar. i cant imagine anyone creating a thread over someone they dont care about. face it man, you think about him so much that tebow owns you.
You're still not getting it.

1. Having a spec of interest is enough for me to start a thread. I'm not talking about Tebow everyday like so many people are.

2. Tim Tebow himself is not what annoys me.

3. What annoys me is those fawning over him, making excuses for him, shifting blame away from him, people treating him like he is someone "special" or entitled to basically to anything he wants, and calling anyone that doesn't do all of the above a "Tebow Hater." I think I have explained this 5 times already. Please just let this be the last.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:39 PM   #236
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Tebow is the kind of guy who will be whatever the media wants him to be. Vixen, Virgin, Victim he knows how to play each of these roles well. Remember this from GQ, had to dig into the PF to find this. Imitating Christ, how disgusting is that, don't say you don't see the blatant similarities
Old 12-26-2012, 05:42 PM   #237
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
You're still not getting it.

1. Having a spec of interest is enough for me to start a thread. I'm not talking about Tebow everyday like so many people are.

2. Tim Tebow himself is not what annoys me.

3. What annoys me is those fawning over him, making excuses for him, shifting blame away from him, people treating him like he is someone "special" or entitled to basically to anything he wants, and calling anyone that doesn't do all of the above a "Tebow Hater." I think I have explained this 5 times already. Please just let this be the last.
Why does what others think tim bother you? he has nothing whatsoever to do with you..and you did start the thread.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:45 PM   #238
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Why does what others think tim bother you? he has nothing whatsoever to do with you..and you did start the thread.
Why do you care what I think about him or what I think about those that think about him? I may have started the thread but you chose not ignore it. I what I chose to care about I have my own reasons for and is really none of your business. You choose to speak of defend your boy because I criticized him even though I was trying to be easy on him. You ask yourself what that says about yourself. You may be infatuated with the man to have such a strong reaction.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:50 PM   #239
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Why do you care what I think about him or what I think about those that think about him? I may have started the thread but you chose not ignore it. I what I chose to care about I have my own reasons for and is really none of your business.
It is a hard concept i know, but the second you posted the thread on a public forum it became my business and all others.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:57 PM   #240
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
It is a hard concept i know, but the second you posted the thread on a public forum it became my business and all others.
Okay, so if so many people decided to reply, I guess it was a good topic for me to start a thread on. They were saying on ESPN that a lot of people tweeting that Tebow was a hypocrite. It wasn't me that made that up. It was all over the news already. I never expected so many people like yourself to take such personal offense for my talking about Tim Tebow.