CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Aggie96
Master Bedroom
spareparts
johnnyb
SuperCockMaster
The Yancey
Handsome_Dabo
thekob
CoverTwo
Article on Shaw & (1395)
SEC East QB's Ranked (1168)
and the #1 2014 acc (1156)
I'm thinking we're g (957)
The bane of our seas (824)
As things currently (725)
WR Depth Chart/Rotat (471)
Ward wants us to pla (398)
Come and get your Jo (320)
Davis Playing in A&a (309)
2014-15 Premier League se
CFB Playoff Bracket predi
WR Depth Chart/Rotation
2015 NFL Draft: South Car
OBC banner being added to
As things currently stand
Spurrier: Davis May Not B
Ward wants us to play fas
If you don't think our co
The bane of our season

Old 12-26-2012, 12:35 PM   #1
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material
Default Weight Watchers For Men

FYI: I heard about this on The Corey Miller Show, and he had lost 26lbs on it.. Anyway, I have another friend who lost damn near 40lbs doing it.... so, I said what the hell... Ill try it.. Well, I started it back on 11/4, and was 205lbs (Im 6-1).... as of this morning, I am 186lbs.

The plan is easy to follow, and you do everything online (You dont have to go to those damn meetings).. It really teaches you portion control, and how certain food groups will add on the lbs much quicker than others..

Anyway, if you have any questions about it... let me know...
Old 12-26-2012, 02:49 PM   #2
Cocky Doodle
Gamecock 4 Life

Male

CockyCash: 125833
Cocky Doodle is developing his combCocky Doodle is developing his combCocky Doodle is developing his combCocky Doodle is developing his combCocky Doodle is developing his combCocky Doodle is developing his combCocky Doodle is developing his combCocky Doodle is developing his comb
Default Re: Weight Watchers For Men

what is the cost like?
Old 12-26-2012, 02:53 PM   #3
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

I was thinking about C-Murder.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:56 PM   #4
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky Doodle View Post
what is the cost like?

Its $60 for 3 months(13 weeks)... Lets you know what the point value is for each meal, and you also get points back for working out(lets you know the point value for that as well)..

I eat a lot of the Lean Cuisine and Smart Ones meals, since they have the point value right on the box...
Old 12-27-2012, 01:39 AM   #5
USCMM
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100200
USCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot material

How is your energy? I always feel sluggish whenever I choose to diet by eating smaller portions. But, I'm guessing they choose stuff that won't f with that?
Old 12-27-2012, 09:26 AM   #6
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCMM View Post
How is your energy? I always feel sluggish whenever I choose to diet by eating smaller portions. But, I'm guessing they choose stuff that won't f with that?

Energy is better now than it was when I started. I tried the Atkins about 7 years ago (tried to lose a quick 10lbs).... after 4 days, I felt like a damn Zombie, and quit that damn diet..

You can eat ANYTHING you want, but if you go off and splurge one night, you just have to cut back the next day. You also get additional points each week for something like that (I get 49 extra points to use per week)... I dont use them all that much, unless I go out with the boys for a few beers (A 12oz beer is between 3 and 4 points)
Old 12-27-2012, 11:35 AM   #7
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

My mom has taught Weight Watchers for years not and always gives us left over bags of cookies/crackers and things like that. Some of it's blah, but a lot of it is pretty daggum good.

That said, portion control is always the key. People would be shocked of what they could still eat. If they'd only learn to eat less of it. Once you feel your body is full STOP EATING. Over a few weeks of doing that. Your stomach will begin to shrink inside meaning you eat less.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:45 AM   #8
uscfan1
Storyteller

Male

CockyCash: 200
uscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot material

Damnit man...I was just thinking about this. I could stand to lose a good 30lbs. It's weird though. I don't look like what I weigh.
uscfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:52 AM   #9
MeesterFriendly
I'll be with you shortly

Male

CockyCash: 392030
MeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
Its $60 for 3 months(13 weeks)... Lets you know what the point value is for each meal, and you also get points back for working out(lets you know the point value for that as well)..

I eat a lot of the Lean Cuisine and Smart Ones meals, since they have the point value right on the box...
Are you doing it all online?
Old 12-27-2012, 12:05 PM   #10
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 53400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

I did it about 5 years ago. I lost 40 plus pounds. Sadly I haven't stuck with it and put about 25 back on. It's hard for me with little ones that always have candy and snacks and a wife that loves to back cookies and cake with them. Sometimes you just have to show restraint. Unfortunately my sweet tooth gets the best of me sometimes. Glad it has worked out for you and to anyone asking yes it does work but you have to stick with it.

COCKDIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:18 PM   #11
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by keegthecock View Post
Are you doing it all online?

Yes... The only reason I did not want to do weight watchers at first is because I thought you had to go somewhere to weight in each week, which I really did not want to do...

With the online plan, you do not have to go anywhere.... you just keep all your records (What you eat/activities)... and they ask you to put in your weight once a week...

Its very user-friendly.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:19 PM   #12
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
My mom has taught Weight Watchers for years not and always gives us left over bags of cookies/crackers and things like that. Some of it's blah, but a lot of it is pretty daggum good.

That said, portion control is always the key. People would be shocked of what they could still eat. If they'd only learn to eat less of it. Once you feel your body is full STOP EATING. Over a few weeks of doing that. Your stomach will begin to shrink inside meaning you eat less.
It really teaches you portion control... And you are correct, some of their stuff is really good.... I have not found anything that I would consider nasty.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:28 PM   #13
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Here's something I've thought about lately but not done a good job implementing. I think it's the easiest thing in the world to lose weight if you can do this consistently.

Are you hungry? If yes, eat. If not, don't eat or stop eating.

Essentially, I think this would lead to us eating more often but smaller servings and meals. I've not been disciplined enough to do it lately (due to the holidays) but I think it will work. Sometimes I eat out of habit or boredom when I am really not that hungry. I think that's what kills us.

I think the points is a way to help us monitor that concretely rather than disciplining our bodies and minds to decide when to eat and how much.