CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
COCKYTALKIN
thekob
Gamecocks1137
WeStillOwnUSC
MountainCock
El Cid Ranger
GarnetSwarm1990
taylorssc
kingoftheroost
USCNowAndForever
Key for 2015 defense (1288)
Skai Moore out for U (1023)
Troubles in Tigertow (643)
TN game weather (580)
Lebron makes Clevela (568)
SEC Coaches Dress Up (449)
Cockaboose Video (422)
Who is your favorite (384)
Marvel releases movi (219)
FSU vs. Louisville (180)
Lebron makes Cleveland re
Michigan AD Dave Brandon
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
Who is your favorite play
USC/Tennessee 11/1/2014
Uniforms for Tenn
TN game weather
NCAAF: TENNESSEE @ SOUTH
Tennessee Offense Breakdo
Tennessee - South Carolin

Old 12-26-2012, 06:16 PM   #241
Woody7687
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
Woody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Tebow a hypocrite?

What all of us forget is that Tebow is neither perfect or a hypocrite. He is a man of God that my friend is a fact. Tim Tebow never proclaimed to be perfect never having faults or blemishes. He lives his life on God's terms. The hate comes from people seeing fault in their own lives, so to make them feel better they dig up whatever they can on Tim Tebow. Guess what guys it was extremely hard wasnt it? All you can find on him is this? Thats it? You slander the guy over a statement he made out out of frustration? I dont understand the blind hate for a great athlete that most of us have had the pleasure to watch. He may not be the greatest QB to play the game but he is a winner no denying that. And you absolutely cannot deny him as a man of God. A man of his faith will take the criticism in stride because his true goal in life isnt successful QB its being a fisherman of men. Something he excels at.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:18 PM   #242
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody7687 View Post
What all of us forget is that Tebow is neither perfect or a hypocrite. He is a man of God that my friend is a fact. Tim Tebow never proclaimed to be perfect never having faults or blemishes. He lives his life on God's terms. The hate comes from people seeing fault in their own lives, so to make them feel better they dig up whatever they can on Tim Tebow. Guess what guys it was extremely hard wasnt it? All you can find on him is this? Thats it? You slander the guy over a statement he made out out of frustration? I dont understand the blind hate for a great athlete that most of us have had the pleasure to watch. He may not be the greatest QB to play the game but he is a winner no denying that. And you absolutely cannot deny him as a man of God. A man of his faith will take the criticism in stride because his true goal in life isnt successful QB its being a fisherman of men. Something he excels at.
He broke a promise that he would do what was best for the team and when Rex Ryan came calling for him to run the Wildcat was best for the team and Tebow said no that means he is a liar, fraud, hypocrite, and not a man of his word.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:31 PM   #243
Latt7more
Ball so hard...

Male

CockyCash: 200
Latt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
He broke a promise that he would do what was best for the team and when Rex Ryan came calling for him to run the Wildcat was best for the team and Tebow said no that means he is a liar, fraud, hypocrite, and not a man of his word.
So if you promised your boss to do what's best for the company, and he told you he thought gettin on your knees for him everyday was best, would you do it? Serious question. If you think this is an absurd comparison, you may be right, but after reading comments by you for the past year, I'd say this type of question is right up your alley....So would you do it for your boss?
Old 12-26-2012, 06:49 PM   #244
ScottK
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
ScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his comb

article:

Quote:
Tebow Hurt By Criticism Of His Character, Insists He Never Asked Out Of Anything

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (CBSNewYork/AP) — Tim Tebow said that he never asked out of running Wildcat plays last week, but the Jets’ backup quarterback acknowledges that Rex Ryan may have misunderstood him.

Tebow said on Wednesday that he told Ryan last Tuesday that he was “definitely disappointed” he wasn’t going to be the starting quarterback in place of the benched Mark Sanchez, and added that he told the coach he wanted to play “regular quarterback.”

“I never said, ‘Hey, I don’t want to do anything,’” Tebow said. “That wasn’t the talk at all. He knows that. And everybody on this team knows that I would never not do something if I was asked. That’s what’s disappointing. People saying,‘Oh, you quit, or you didn’t do this.’ That was not it at all. It was just me asking to get an opportunity to play the position I love, which is quarterback. It wasn’t me asking out of anything.”

The former first-round pick said he realized that Ryan might have misinterpreted his comments when he wasn’t in Wildcat packages, and reiterated to the coach last Friday that he would do anything the team asked of him.

“I was definitely disappointed and frustrated, and I let him know that,” the 25-year-old said. “(I) just asked for an opportunity to play quarterback. (I told him that) I would do anything for this team like I have all year, from punt to hands team to catching passes — whatever I could do. He appreciated that. He understood. We have a great relationship, still.”

Tebow, who didn’t play in Sunday’s loss to San Diego, said what bothers him most is that his reputation and character were criticized.

“When people talk about how you play football and how much, that’s one thing,“Tebow said. “That really doesn’t bother me. I think the only thing that’s been disappointing these last few days and frustrating is people saying, ‘Oh, you quit on your team, or you’re not a good teammate.’ For people to not know the situation, and then start to bash your character and then say you’re a phony or you’re a fake or you’re a hypocrite, I think that’s what’s disappointing.

“That’s what’s frustrating. Your character is who you are as a man, and that’s a lot more important. I take that way more seriously than I’ll ever take a football game.”

The ardent Christian, who has been known for his ability to have incredibly thick skin and deflect criticism rather easily, admitted that the constant attacks on his character negatively affected his holiday season.

“You work your whole life to build a reputation,“ Tebow said. “Then people try to bring you down when they don’t understand even what happened. It’s disappointing. You just want to express your side of the story — your character and who you are. You want people to look at what really happened, not what one person said.”
ScottK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:51 PM   #245
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Okay, so if so many people decided to reply, I guess it was a good topic for me to start a thread on. They were saying on ESPN that a lot of people tweeting that Tebow was a hypocrite. It wasn't me that made that up. It was all over the news already. I never expected so many people like yourself to take such personal offense for my talking about Tim Tebow.
you got me..lol
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:55 PM   #246
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottK View Post
article:

The Tebow haters do not think this is true.

Save your words.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:01 PM   #247
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latt7more View Post
So if you promised your boss to do what's best for the company, and he told you he thought gettin on your knees for him everyday was best, would you do it? Serious question. If you think this is an absurd comparison, you may be right, but after reading comments by you for the past year, I'd say this type of question is right up your alley....So would you do it for your boss?
may be a little a dramatic? All he did was asking him to do was his job, play football.

Last edited by ReadR00ster; 12-26-2012 at 07:13 PM.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:03 PM   #248
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
article:
crickets..there can be no logical attacking of tebows character now because it would truly be pathetic.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:06 PM   #249
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post

Quote:
For people to not know the situation, and then start to bash your character and then say youíre a phony or youíre a fake or youíre a hypocrite, I think thatís whatís disappointing.

That's funny, I don't care who you are.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:06 PM   #250
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
article:
Either way he is whining about his boss's decision to start someone else and that is not going to win you any points with anyone, as evidenced by Rex playing Kerley who I am sure was thrilled and excited to get the opportunity without any complaints. You're not going to play Tebow after a childish display like that. You can't trust him any more after that. He's denying it but what he said is still essentially, "Screw you Rex I ain't playing no dang Wildcat. I wanna be Quarterback!" He's quit the Jets, he's not going to be a Jet next year. Everyone with half a brain knows that.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:15 PM   #251
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

These two dudes need to get together and start the "Heman Tebow Haters Club". Its unbelievable the hate toward someone who hasnt really done anything to deserve except for the media attention. Jealously run rampant
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:17 PM   #252
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Either way he is whining about his boss's decision to start someone else and that is not going to win you any points with anyone, as evidenced by Rex playing Kerley who I am sure was thrilled and excited to get the opportunity without any complaints. You're not going to play Tebow after a childish display like that. You can't trust him any more after that. He's denying it but what he said is still essentially, "Screw you Rex I ain't playing no dang Wildcat. I wanna be Quarterback!" He's quit the Jets, he's not going to be a Jet next year. Everyone with half a brain knows that.

Dude...no offense...but you really are reaching far to justify your dislike for the guy. I mean, just man up and say you don't like the guy. That could be respected.

Me...I don't want the Jags to take him...no way..no how. Do you know what it is going to be like to hear those Jean short wearing dumb a's yelling 'Tebow" all the time? It's going to be a friggen nightmare. I got in laws that never set foot in a class at UF wanting Tebow to be there, because, "All he does in win." Whatever. I don't think he is a good NFL QB.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:18 PM   #253
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
These two dudes need to get together and start the "Heman Tebow Haters Club". Its unbelievable the hate toward someone who hasnt really done anything to deserve except for the media attention. Jealously run rampant
More like "non Tebow worshipers club."

I don't hate Tebow. He quit a job he didn't like anymore. It happens all the time. But what kind of reference that usually get you when you quit? Not a good one usually.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:20 PM   #254
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxcockFL View Post
Dude...no offense...but you really are reaching far to justify your dislike for the guy. I mean, just man up and say you don't like the guy. That could be respected.

Me...I don't want the Jags to take him...no way..no how. Do you know what it is going to be like to hear those Jean short wearing dumb a's yelling 'Tebow" all the time? It's going to be a friggen nightmare. I got in laws that never set foot in a class at UF wanting Tebow to be there, because, "All he does in win." Whatever. I don't think he is a good NFL QB.
I honestly don't dislike him. I'm just wading through all the BS everyones keeps putting up to try to defend him. It's not really a big deal to me. You are making it a bigger deal than I am.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:21 PM   #255
BuCockyfan
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
BuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his comb

We don't hate anyone anyone without just cause.....you do
BuCockyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:31 PM   #256
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

Quote:
I honestly don't dislike him. I'm just wading through all the BS everyones keeps putting up to try to defend him. It's not really a big deal to me. You are making it a bigger deal than I am.

That's why I started this thread, because it's a big deal to me.

wait a minute............

Lol.

It just cracks me up watching haters try to come up with reasons to hate. The reasons for the hating change based on what information is supposed to be true at the time.

The pettiness is pretty funny, though.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:35 PM   #257
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

Quote:
I honestly don't dislike him.

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAA
Old 12-26-2012, 07:35 PM   #258
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:37 PM   #259
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
More like "non Tebow worshipers club."

I don't hate Tebow. He quit a job he didn't like anymore. It happens all the time. But what kind of reference that usually get you when you quit? Not a good one usually.
No one is worshiping the guy, but the Jets gave him a raw deal. And once again, everything you guys are basing your argument on is hearsay. There is no confirmed reports of what was said between Rex Ryan and Tim Tebow.

He was screwed over and he got tired of it. And i went and checked the Jet's roster, he's still on it, so Im not sure where this "quit his job" came from.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:39 PM   #260
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

I will say this:

If Tim Tebow becomes a good quarterback wins a lot of games it will be nothing short of a miracle.

You all are crucifying Tebow when because you think he is a modern day charlatain, or even worse, a blasphemous false god.

Tim Tebow has never called himself a Messiah.

But his testifying on the word of his father combined with the superhuman feats he accomplished in college set the stage for large crowds to start following him.

The crowds and murmers grew louder when he was starter for the Broncos and when he lead them to a playoff victory, the Denver fanbase and the four letter network started thinking he might be the Messiah.

By the time Tebow reached that offseason, many casual NFL fans and also fans of Christianity came out into the streets and interwebs to watch the Tebow bandwagon pass by.

According to Bayless 19:11, during that offseason of conjecture as to what was next for Tim Tebow, many of the travelers were expecting the new perfect Kingdom of God & Football to be created at any moment. This is an indication of the high level of excitement within the group at this time. This excitement was sustained all the way to the end of the trip, so that when Tim Tebow reached New York on that preseason Sunday, a large exuberant crowd celebrated his entry into the city.

Tebow haters often blame the Tim Tebow for his overexposure. But this blame should probably be limited to the "Sportscasters", who had managed to keep some of their power by cooperating with ESPN.

Haters saw the crowds that gathered around Tebow, and they knew that many people were calling him a decent human being and good Christian. Vern 11:18 says "they feared him, because the whole crowd was amazed at his earnestness." But their ultimate fear probably went deeper, because if growing numbers of people believed that Tebow was an actual good person, he could eventually become a serious threat to their view that they themselves never amounted to anything because they themselves were too good of character.

Steven A. Smth 12:12 says that sportscasters initially hesitated to disparage Tim Tebow because "they were afraid of the crowd." But at some point they decided that they had to get rid of him. With Rex Ryan's help, they were able to seize him early on a Saturday evening behind closed doors when there was no crowd to defend him. After interrogating him until early morning, they turned him over to ESPN and accused him of refusing to be a team player.

Under ESPN law, anyone who refused to be a teamplayer was guilty of being a hypocritical devil.

The normal punishment was crucifixion.

But the crucifixion couldn't take place until the ESPN gave the final order for it, and the gospels indicate that they were reluctant to do so. Apparently they realized that Tebow was innocent. Actually, they had the power to exonerate Tebow if they really wanted to. But in their role as The Sports Centre they often needed the collaboration of the haters. And in the end, he was more concerned with placating them than with saving Tim's image.

Last edited by Next Year; 12-26-2012 at 08:06 PM.
Next Year is offline   Reply With Quote