CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Ahmad
jrussjr
b381l
cocky-K
eightohhthree
SC Sandlapper
Spur's Addiction
Goofyboy
HeadCockFan
Clem5on fans are bes (2647)
Defensive personnel (1585)
Mizzou Depth Chart v (1550)
7:30 kickoff for Ken (1422)
Defense not an issue (1316)
Cack's Toast of the (927)
Brawl at 49ers/Cardi (879)
I guess we don't get (866)
Legitimate, Unbiased (865)
Antonio Allen vs Als (603)
On the other hand
Kendrick salley
Brawl at 49ers/Cardinals
Antonio Allen vs Alshon J
Look who's at the bottom
Defense not an issue....
Let's talk about Maty Mau
Chromecast
why we're in this positio
Christian Walker called u

Old 12-27-2012, 12:11 AM   #301
ScottK
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
ScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his comb
Default Re: Tebow a hypocrite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by me4USC View Post
You misunderstand me. I wasn't making fun of Tebow. I really do believe that his career will take off when he leaves the Jets. I was just extending the metaphor, so to speak. (You may argue that it was an analogy, but I still go with the extended metaphor.)
Haha I know just joking around.
ScottK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:16 AM   #302
ScottK
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
ScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Exact words aren't required. "I want to be a regular quarterback" = "I don't want to be a wildcat quarterback." NBC is who report it first see if they retract it.
LOL so POSSIBLY from Tuesday until Friday he didn't want to play Wildcat... and how many games did that affect?

People in this thread are literally trying to crucify someone because they believe he is lying/saying BS. This is who they choose to gripe about, in a league among people who have committed murder, DUI resulting in death, dogfighting, etc.

When you look at it that way, it's obvious that there MUST be some other reason for their obsession/dislike.
ScottK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:23 AM   #303
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottK View Post
LOL so POSSIBLY from Tuesday until Friday he didn't want to play Wildcat... and how many games did that affect?

People in this thread are literally trying to crucify someone because they believe he is lying/saying BS. This is who they choose to gripe about, in a league among people who have committed murder, DUI resulting in death, dogfighting, etc.

When you look at it that way, it's obvious that there MUST be some other reason for their obsession/dislike.

Dey Jealous dawg.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:41 AM   #304
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
No, you're just too Tebowwhipped to accept the truth.
Why are you still posting here? you did say, and i can go find where, that you were done posting in this thread.

what a hypocrite going back on your word. It took one thread on ct too prove that point.

Last edited by sc455; 12-27-2012 at 12:54 AM.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:47 AM   #305
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

Quote:
You misunderstand me. I wasn't making fun of Tebow. I really do believe that his career will take off when he leaves the Jets. I was just extending the metaphor, so to speak. (You may argue that it was an analogy, but I still go with the extended metaphor.)

someone gets it.

Ironic, the zealots in this thread are
Old 12-27-2012, 01:05 AM   #306
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
Why are you still posting here? you did say, and i can go find where, that you were done posting in this thread.

what a hypocrite going back on your word. It took one thread on ct too prove that point.
I was done, for a while. But they dragged me back in. Besides I wouldn't want anyone to think I was a quitter.

Last edited by ReadR00ster; 12-27-2012 at 01:17 AM.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:08 AM   #307
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottK View Post

I don't like him trying to have it both ways. Denying something he obviously did in order to try to save his image. Just let the image take a hit a say, "Hey, yeah I don't want to play wildcat, and I don't want to be a Jet. I know I said I would do anything the team wants but I've changed my mind. Sue me." Just come out and say it. It's that easy. He's just making it worse for himself. It's not that big of a deal. He's trying to have a "perfect" character and it just can't be done.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:18 AM   #308
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
What makes you think he is going to beat out Henne and Gabbert? Both are better than either Sanchez or McElroy.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:24 AM   #309
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Dude's putting words into Tebow's mouth to prove his point.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:31 AM   #310
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post

Apparently, he was in the meeting between TT and RR. He is saying that this is "fact" and all.

His middle name must be "Unnamed Sources" If he wasn't there, and is basing this off of 'Unnamed sourced", then he is just another pathetic hater trying to justify his hate for a guy. It's rather creepy.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:36 AM   #311
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

Quote:
What makes you think he is going to beat out Henne and Gabbert? Both are better than either Sanchez or McElroy.

I don't think he will. This is the part about TT that drives me up a wall with his fans. He qb rating is terrible, he fumbles the ball a lot, yet people scream for him to be the QB. I get the frustration about this part of it...man I really do.

But, Henne or Gabber will get sacked, or throw a pic and the Tebow yell will begin. It will drive me nuts. I won't go to the games because of this. I will get into arguments about him not being a good qb, TT will fumble the ball 4 times in a game with a 75 QB rating, and the Jags will win somehow, and the fans will scream for him. ugh.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:09 AM   #312
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
I put his own words into his mouth, smart guy.

Tebow Hurt By Criticism Of His Character, Insists He Never Asked Out Of Anything

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (CBSNewYork/AP) — Tim Tebow said that he never asked out of running Wildcat plays last week, but the Jets’ backup quarterback acknowledges that Rex Ryan may have misunderstood him.

Tebow said on Wednesday that he told Ryan last Tuesday that he was “definitely disappointed” he wasn’t going to be the starting quarterback in place of the benched Mark Sanchez, and added that he told the coach he wanted to play “regular quarterback.”

“I never said, ‘Hey, I don’t want to do anything,’” Tebow said. “That wasn’t the talk at all. He knows that. And everybody on this team knows that I would never not do something if I was asked. That’s what’s disappointing. People saying,‘Oh, you quit, or you didn’t do this.’ That was not it at all. It was just me asking to get an opportunity to play the position I love, which is quarterback. It wasn’t me asking out of anything.”

The former first-round pick said he realized that Ryan might have misinterpreted his comments when he wasn’t in Wildcat packages, and reiterated to the coach last Friday that he would do anything the team asked of him.

“I was definitely disappointed and frustrated, and I let him know that,” the 25-year-old said. “(I) just asked for an opportunity to play quarterback. (I told him that) I would do anything for this team like I have all year, from punt to hands team to catching passes — whatever I could do. He appreciated that. He understood. We have a great relationship, still.”

Tebow, who didn’t play in Sunday’s loss to San Diego, said what bothers him most is that his reputation and character were criticized.

“When people talk about how you play football and how much, that’s one thing,“Tebow said. “That really doesn’t bother me. I think the only thing that’s been disappointing these last few days and frustrating is people saying, ‘Oh, you quit on your team, or you’re not a good teammate.’ For people to not know the situation, and then start to bash your character and then say you’re a phony or you’re a fake or you’re a hypocrite, I think that’s what’s disappointing.

“That’s what’s frustrating. Your character is who you are as a man, and that’s a lot more important. I take that way more seriously than I’ll ever take a football game.”

The ardent Christian, who has been known for his ability to have incredibly thick skin and deflect criticism rather easily, admitted that the constant attacks on his character negatively affected his holiday season.

“You work your whole life to build a reputation,“ Tebow said. “Then people try to bring you down when they don’t understand even what happened. It’s disappointing. You just want to express your side of the story — your character and who you are. You want people to look at what really happened, not what one person said.”
Old 12-27-2012, 11:22 AM   #313
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1384
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Oh, we are posting articles to back up our points? Cool, I will post one too...

Quote:
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Tim Tebow won't get mad if you call him a bad quarterback. But call him a bad teammate, and that draws his ire.
Concerned about preserving his squeaky-clean reputation as a team player, Tebow lashed out at critics Wednesday, insisting he never told coach Rex Ryan he wanted out of the New York Jets' Wildcat package.

"For people to not know the situation and to bash your character and say you're a phony, you're a fake and you're a hypocrite, I think that's what's disappointing and that's what's frustrating," he said. "It's a football game. That's one thing, if you're good or bad at football, but your character and integrity, that's who you are as a man.

"That's a lot more important. That's what's disappointing for me and frustrating because I take that way more serious than I'll ever take a football game."

The controversy began Sunday night, when ESPNNewYork.com first reported that Tebow was so upset at being passed over for the starting quarterback job that he didn't want to be used as a situational player in the Wildcat.
Tebow confirmed he was miffed that Greg McElroy was named to replace Mark Sanchez as the Jets' starter. He expressed that sentiment in what sources called a heated discussion with Ryan. Tebow also admitted he told Ryan he was unhappy in his role in the Wildcat -- but claimed he never asked out of the package.
"I never said, 'Hey, I don't want to do anything or I won't do anything,' " Tebow said. "That wasn't the talk at all. He knows that and everybody on this team knows I would never not do something if I was asked.
"That's what's disappointing, people saying, 'You quit' or, 'You didn't do this.' That was not it at all. It was me asking to get an opportunity to play the position I love, which is quarterback. It wasn't me asking out of anything."

It's a matter of semantics. A source said Ryan and his staff were left with the distinct impression Tebow didn't want to continue in his Wildcat role, so they immediately replaced him with wide receiver Jeremy Kerley, who ran three plays in Sunday's loss to the San Diego Chargers. Tebow was active for the game, but didn't play a snap on offense or on special teams.
After the game, Tebow was vague in his comments to reporters, never mentioning his meeting with Ryan or the fact that he approached him again Friday to revisit the matter. Tebow revealed that information in a conversation Sunday night with ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter after news had leaked about his displeasure with his limited role.
Tebow was more animated Wednesday than in any previous interview during his nine months with the Jets. Recounting what he called a "man-to-man conversation" with Ryan, Tebow said, "I simply asked him to get an opportunity to play quarterback. That was my passion. I did tell him I was frustrated with the Wildcat and the success we were having and some of the stuff we were doing. (I was) definitely disappointed and frustrated and I let him know that. I just asked for an opportunity to play quarterback."

By then, Ryan made up his mind to start McElroy, who provided no spark whatsoever and was sacked 11 times in the 27-17 loss to Chargers.
For people to not know the situation and start to bash your character and say you're a phony, you're a fake and you're a hypocrite, I think that's what's disappointing and that's what's frustrating.
” -- Jets QB Tim Tebow
Tebow evidently felt he had some unfinished business with Ryan, because he approached him again last Friday morning -- after Kerley received the Wildcat reps in Thursday's practice. Tebow said he impressed upon Ryan he was willing to perform in any role.
Tebow admitted Wednesday it's "a possibility" that Ryan misinterpreted his stance. In retrospect, Tebow wishes he had been more clear.
Ryan, meanwhile, continued to sidestep questions about how it all went down.

"Like I said, Tim would've gone in the game if I would've chosen to have him in the game," said Ryan, refusing to spell out Tebow's role this week as the Jets (6-9) prepare for the season finale against the Buffalo Bills (5-10).
This has been a bitterly disappointing season for Tebow, whom the Jets believed would add a dynamic dimension to the offense in the Wildcat. But he has rushed for only 102 yards and has attempted only six passes on offense.
Tebow's frustration had been mounting. The breaking point was Ryan's decision to start McElroy.
That, Tebow said, was the first time he complained to Ryan. They got into specific X's and O's, as Tebow griped about being limited to up-the-gut runs in the Wildcat. Some of his best plays with the Denver Broncos, including the play that beat the Jets last November, came on rollouts.
"I definitely did say that -- but I didn't ask out and I didn't say I wouldn't do anything," he said. "That is completely ... That is not the truth."
Tebow was evasive when asked if he had been guaranteed the No. 2 job before the season, saying, "I'm not going to talk about assurances or what was promised or anything like that."
The Jets are planning to part ways with Tebow after the season, sources said, even though he has two years remaining on his contract.
Asked if he'd like to return, Tebow paused a moment.
"I'm looking forward to this game versus Buffalo," he said.
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...-asked-wildcat
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:28 AM   #314
2four2Gamecock
Stop slow blinking at me

Male

CockyCash: 7700
2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly

Tebow is a sucky QB

I don't have a problem with him telling the Jets play me as a regular QB or let me out of here if that is what he did. When people express frustration (even if they don't express it in the most professional way) at least it is an indication that they care. A good leader will capitalize on that.

I don't like the in your face religion or the in your face anti-religion.

I'm fat and I don't have hair where I should and I do have hair where I shouldn't...
2four2Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:38 AM   #315
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraiser24 View Post
Oh, we are posting articles to back up our points? Cool, I will post one too...

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...-asked-wildcat
How does more BS from Tebow back up your point? If he doesn't like the attacks on his character he shouldn't whine about not getting the regular QB job. He should just congratulate Greg McElroy. His actions don't back up his words.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:10 PM   #316
zambam
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 24050000
zambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPit

Quote:
How does more BS from Tebow back up your point? If he doesn't like the attacks on his character he shouldn't whine about not getting the regular QB job. He should just congratulate Greg McElroy. His actions don't back up his words.
His post has quotes directly from Tebow that refute your assertions (not quotes) of what Tebow said. It also contains quotes about how Tebow feels about the character assasination that you are participating in.

Also, if you notice, none of this was done in the press until after they reported it. You can say what you want about his QB ability, but when you start trying to make him look like a bad person or a bad teammate you look stupid. And, at this point, obssesed with Tebow.
zambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:15 PM   #317
spareparts
1-9-9-9

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Seeing a Tebow thread is like hearing the first five seconds of "Sweet Home Alabama"

OH NO NOT AGAIN
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:16 PM   #318
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

The vultures either can't or don't want to believe that Tim Tebow is real. That's why they've been circling for years, convinced he would eventually provide them something juicy to sink their teeth into. So when the report came out that he refused to play, it didn't matter if they heard from him first. It was all they needed to confirm to themselves he is the fraud they've wanted him to be all along.
"You work your whole life to build a reputation," Tebow said Wednesday. "Then people try to bring you down when they don't understand even what happened. It's disappointing. You just want to express your side of the story. You want people to look at what really happened, not what one person said."
Oh, but this won't stop the vultures. They'll keep swirling, keep their eyes peeled for the next slip up, because, you know, the world just can't stand to have any more Tim Tebows running around.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--no...000552979.html
Old 12-27-2012, 01:23 PM   #319
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1384
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockholio View Post
The vultures either can't or don't want to believe that Tim Tebow is real. That's why they've been circling for years, convinced he would eventually provide them something juicy to sink their teeth into. So when the report came out that he refused to play, it didn't matter if they heard from him first. It was all they needed to confirm to themselves he is the fraud they've wanted him to be all along.
"You work your whole life to build a reputation," Tebow said Wednesday. "Then people try to bring you down when they don't understand even what happened. It's disappointing. You just want to express your side of the story. You want people to look at what really happened, not what one person said."
Oh, but this won't stop the vultures. They'll keep swirling, keep their eyes peeled for the next slip up, because, you know, the world just can't stand to have any more Tim Tebows running around.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--no...000552979.html
End thread here
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:26 PM   #320
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
Seeing a Tebow thread is like hearing the first five seconds of "Sweet Home Alabama"

OH NO NOT AGAIN

LMAO

And, there are always the folks that yell out "Tebow!!" just like yelling out "Skynryd"!!! And, here in Jax, as both TT and LS are from here, undoubtedly others yelling out, "Home town boy!!"

that is so true.