CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
StormOfTalons
Acockolypse Now
spareparts
b381l
auslander
davisd9
elcid99
sporkgod50
M.C.
An Aggies View of th (1386)
Elcid99 (1210)
My predictions for 2 (1181)
Mike Davis' HS Coach (952)
Tennessee (950)
Erin Murray's brothe (588)
Question on Student (557)
Clowney in Practice (491)
Camp scheduled relea (398)
Bad movies that are (332)
Green and Lammons
John Abraham DUI
Ranking the SEC Stadium A
Travelle Warton retires
Tennessee
An Aggies View of the Mat
Elcid99
Shaw Interview: SB Nation
My predictions for 2014
SEC Recruiting Advantage

Old 12-27-2012, 10:48 AM   #61
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material
Default Re: Lets Look Back @ Clemson Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddot8481 View Post
Spurt, wasn't Hold's taunting the Fridge at the end of the game or at least when a play was blown dead? I mean logistically speaking why would he have the football in the backfield if we scored a TD?

He is slightly mistaken (I think). That happened at the end of the game when we Hold was kneeling down running the clock out, Perry was a little over the top in trying to get to Hold, who held the ball out then rolled it towards the fridge.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:10 AM   #62
reddot8481
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200
reddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot material

Here's the thing, the "douchebaggery, thuggish, unsportsmanlike etc etc etc" rhetoric over being taunted is sour grapes. When Clemson was up, they were taunting after tackles and their TD, but somehow this is the most classless act ever. Its a double standard.
Carolina eu preciso te falar
‘ Carolina eu vou amar vocÍ
reddot8481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:37 AM   #63
Tater Tom
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
Tater Tom is crowing loudlyTater Tom is crowing loudlyTater Tom is crowing loudlyTater Tom is crowing loudlyTater Tom is crowing loudlyTater Tom is crowing loudlyTater Tom is crowing loudlyTater Tom is crowing loudlyTater Tom is crowing loudlyTater Tom is crowing loudlyTater Tom is crowing loudly

So the author laughs at the "they didnít beat us we beat ourselvesĒ rhetoric that some Clemson fans use, and then, one sentence later makes this point: 1. Dabo threw in the towel with the game still somewhat in doubt.

Solid.
Tater Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:50 AM   #64
klempsux
So down with OPP

Male

CockyCash: 531
klempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tater Tom View Post
So the author laughs at the "they didnít beat us we beat ourselvesĒ rhetoric that some Clemson fans use, and then, one sentence later makes this point: 1. Dabo threw in the towel with the game still somewhat in doubt.

Solid.
Not beating yourself when you give up. Its allowing yourself to get beat.
klempsux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:08 PM   #65
MBGCock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1110145
MBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot material

Quote:

Solid.
ARe you clemson tom?
MBGCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:39 PM   #66
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddot8481 View Post
Spurt, wasn't Hold's taunting the Fridge at the end of the game or at least when a play was blown dead? I mean logistically speaking why would he have the football in the backfield if we scored a TD?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxcockFL View Post
He is slightly mistaken (I think). That happened at the end of the game when we Hold was kneeling down running the clock out, Perry was a little over the top in trying to get to Hold, who held the ball out then rolled it towards the fridge.
My mistake...that did actually take place at the end of the game after
Mike Took a knee to run the clock out. Fridg tried to shove one of the
O/Linemen out of the way to get to Hold, and Mike just basically said
"Here ya go big boy...Is this what you were trying to get" ?

Basically, what DJ did was nothing more than put "HIS" signature on
the game, and give the fans another "moment" to remember in the
future of the rivalry. It's thuggish and classless only if you were the
loser. It was a defining moment to the winners.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:21 PM   #67
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post

Yeah, that's how it went down. Kind of a, "Here, is this what you want, Fat boy?...you can have it..we are done."

My point in this whole thing is that he did something that 10 out of 10 times is going to draw a flag, 15 yards and an auto first down. No matter what....that's not cool because it hurts the team. The taters bailed us out by throwing a pick. Now, that being said...I'm not calling anyone anything. It was done in the heat of the moment...and it worked out because of Heisman Boyd vs our defense.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:45 PM   #68
militarymind17
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 490
militarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post

Great point Spurt!!
militarymind17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:57 PM   #69
hubbarjm
Faustian individual

Male

CockyCash: 200
hubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talons

The Swearinger hit was personally one of my favorite plays of the game. I am sorry but i still remember the 63-17 ass whipping they put on us. That play was the epitome of how I feel about the Rivalry. We are bigger, stronger (mentally and physically), and will not be pushed around by some self proclaimed national power house program in OUR state. 1460 days of total dominance summed up in one brutal, but legal hit, followed up by a vintage Swearinger personal foul.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:11 PM   #70
AmonRa777
Recruit

Male

AmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his comb

Let them kick rock...SOS has reduced the all to historians....The ones i talk to are still boasting about the wins during the ford era...Or else they boast about how much they pay their coordinators(ROTFLMAO)...They should ask for a refund....And get ready to endure the " Garnet&Black Drive for FIVE"
AmonRa777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:26 PM   #71
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

There are some coaches who don't mind a personal foul penalty in some
situations (not saying Spurrier was OK with this one), but judging from
his actions on the sidelines when the camera had the closeup of him
following the penalty, I'm thinking Spurrier didn't come down on DJ for
the "flexing" after the defense came off the field following the Williams
Pick on that drive.

Some coaches think it's a way of imposing team will, and firing up a
defense either for a game, or in times when the defense / offense is
playing sluggish, or tired, or just not in the game for the most part. The
defense in this case was playing well, and with all the talk back and forth
between Swinney and Spurrier the entire year prior to that game, and
especially in the last three/four weeks, I'm sure Spurrier overlooked the
showboating after we intercepted Boyd a few plays later.

When the camera was on Spurrier he had an agry look on his face and
ripped off the headset, then immediately his face went back to concentration,
the head set went back on and it was almost like he was "What the H...
Oh well, it's just DJ being Swag" ! He didn't make too big a deal out of
Swearinger's string of personal Fouls against the the Hogs seeing as how they
were (1st) questionable in nature, and the other two were lightweight
fouls and seemed to fire up the team and crowd. Spurrier even mentioned
the third one as being something we shouldn't have done, but was just
Swearing blowing off some steam.

In this rivalry, I'll take a call like this every single game as long as
the team backs up the player(s) committing the penalty by elevating
their game and imposing more attitude on the Tigers afterwards. It's
almost a necessity.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:40 PM   #72
Superadiabatic
Blue Chip

Male

Superadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his comb

Here are my objections to the hit:

First, he should have flexed at Dabo, too.

Second, you don't do that when you're only ahead 10. Next year, when we're in our house, up 42-3 in the third, taunt away.

That being said, it was still fun to watch the hit and after years of being on the other side of the taunting for years, it was nice to see us dish it for once.

Here's to 4 more years!

Early and often.

Superadiabatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:16 PM   #73
Copperhead
Fight, Win, Kick Ass

Male

CockyCash: 960
Copperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talons

"Clemson Tigers- they are all hype, all talk and all bluster but when faced with a more physical team they retreat."
HAHA- my favorite truthful sentence in the article

Gotta love it
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:14 PM   #74
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superadiabatic View Post
Here are my objections to the hit:

First, he should have flexed at Dabo, too.

Second, you don't do that when you're only ahead 10. Next year, when we're in our house, up 42-3 in the third, taunt away.

That being said, it was still fun to watch the hit and after years of being on the other side of the taunting for years, it was nice to see us dish it for once.

Here's to 4 more years!

wait, weren't we only up 3 at the time?

1:48:10
Old 12-27-2012, 08:34 PM   #75
snoopcockycock
AQUACOCK

Male

snoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot material

nm
Old 12-27-2012, 08:34 PM   #76
snoopcockycock
AQUACOCK

Male

snoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxcockFL View Post
what actually happened, was when perry was over zealous in his pursuit to our qb, after the whistles had blown several times, hold held the ball out, and when perry reached for it, hold dropped it in front of him. this is one of the pic's in my signature below.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:49 PM   #77
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:

Solid.
1. If you are admitting Dabo threw in the towel are you going to have a problem with him rubbing upwards stone?

2. His punt still doesn't mean you beat yourselves, it was a 4th and long with a prayer of working given the way your offense and defense had been playing.
trapper82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:12 PM   #78
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

I am cofused..what was so bad about the hit? it was legal and lethal. the aftermath with the taunt was the issue. only a moron doesnt like the actual hit.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:16 PM   #79
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopcockycock View Post
what actually happened, was when perry was over zealous in his pursuit to our qb, after the whistles had blown several times, hold held the ball out, and when perry reached for it, hold dropped it in front of him. this is one of the pic's in my signature below.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39al7K6wS3k

yeah, looks that way. At the end of the game, if I remember right.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:19 PM   #80
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
1. If you are admitting Dabo threw in the towel are you going to have a problem with him rubbing upwards stone?

2. His punt still doesn't mean you beat yourselves, it was a 4th and long with a prayer of working given the way your offense and defense had been playing.

The taters beat themselves in each one of the past 4 losses against us. They are very close to ending the streak against us. Dabo is a better coach than Spurrier is. This 4 game streak is nothing....they must keep Dabo to reap the rewards. Dabo is a great coach.

/sarcasm