CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JerseyBird
bcolinc
ConwayGamecock
Latti
usc1
The Yancey
Gamecocks1137
FanofCarolina1
kingofnerf
Travelin
Decommitment from Te (1259)
Duck Bowl Depth Char (906)
Cleveland Browns Hea (777)
Garcia and Clemsux T (725)
Four USC Basketball (403)
Former Gamecock root (394)
Need a dog kennel (332)
NCAAB: CLEMSON @ SOU (257)
Props to Eric Hyman. (242)
Bowl packages (226)
Franks boy's are playing
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
My early Monday dinner .
looks like we have 2 OL r
The Vent and Coaching cha
Former Gamecock rooting f
Props to Eric Hyman. Than
QB Next Season?
Decommitment from Texas A
2014 Subway Classic:**USC

Old 12-27-2012, 09:29 PM   #1
uscfan1
Storyteller

Male

CockyCash: 200
uscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot material
Default Angelo watley, correy simmons

Are these guys till on the team?
uscfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:36 PM   #2
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Angelo watley, correy simmons

No
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:48 PM   #3
ReadR00ster
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Heck no! for Watley. I don't remember what happened to Simmons.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:55 PM   #4
FeartheSpur
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 717
FeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPit

Watley was arrested and then dismissed for stealing credit card, terrorist threats, grand larceny, burglary
FeartheSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:56 PM   #5
FeartheSpur
1st Team All-SEC

Male

FeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPit

Simmons transferred to northwestern state
Old 12-27-2012, 09:59 PM   #6
ReadR00ster
Banned

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeartheSpur View Post
Watley was arrested and then dismissed for stealing credit card, terrorist threats, grand larceny, burglary
Some of that happened before he got here I think.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:11 PM   #7
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 19222586
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Freedom
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:51 PM   #8
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeartheSpur View Post
Made the State front page with the case against Watley. Very soon afterwards he was gone. Spurrier acted very quickly. Must have been a lot of solid evidence. Has his case been heard yet?
Old 12-28-2012, 03:09 AM   #9
wholelottacock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
wholelottacock is sharpening his clawswholelottacock is sharpening his clawswholelottacock is sharpening his clawswholelottacock is sharpening his claws

While yall are jumping all over the kid for something none of you were there to witness or know the truth about. Have any of you looked him up on Google to see where he's a? I did and I'm a little surprised to say the least. While most of you were sitting around getting fatter and more judgmental he's been getting bigger, taller, faster and stronger. I guess some of you would rather he act like a complete p.o.s and go down the opposite path. Oh And by the way were lighter next year at Linebacker than Taj Boyd's heisman trophy case. I'm not saying I'm just saying. If someone works and begs for a second chance why not give em a try. I'll bet you money he'd take a partial or walk on to prove himself. So whats to loose. Seemed to work out for Vic Hampton.

http://foreverjig.com/ANGELOWATLEY.com/Home_Page.html
wholelottacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:50 AM   #10
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

Watley's problem was the arrest that took place before he ever enrolled at SC that the coaches were unaware of until he was arrested here

Gamecockfanatic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:06 AM   #11
Beebop
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 550
Beebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by wholelottacock View Post
While yall are jumping all over the kid for something none of you were there to witness or know the truth about. Have any of you looked him up on Google to see where he's a? I did and I'm a little surprised to say the least. While most of you were sitting around getting fatter and more judgmental he's been getting bigger, taller, faster and stronger. I guess some of you would rather he act like a complete p.o.s and go down the opposite path. Oh And by the way were lighter next year at Linebacker than Taj Boyd's heisman trophy case. I'm not saying I'm just saying. If someone works and begs for a second chance why not give em a try. I'll bet you money he'd take a partial or walk on to prove himself. So whats to loose. Seemed to work out for Vic Hampton.

For all the mistakes I've made in my life, for all the mistakes you've made in your life which have been multiple for all, we've all been forgiven and a second/third/fourth chance has been given to us. After reading the letters in the link I personally wouldn't be appalled and/or disappointed in the coaching staff giving Mr. Watley another opportunity. If he in fact earns his keep, then he plays and all is forgotten. If he messes up again, then at least the Gamecock Nation can be proud of the fact that he was awarded an opportunity and in the end it just didn't work out. I would be willing to bet that given a probationary return as a preferred walk on, with scholarship reward at the end of the tunnel, that Mr. Watley would indeed earn that scholarship and become a contributor by his Sophmore season. Congratulations to Mr.Watley on defying the odds and making the necessary adjustments in life to becoming a Christian Man! Good luck to you whether it be at the University of South Carolina or any other institution!
Old 12-28-2012, 10:11 AM   #12
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 997672
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Quote:

Thanks for the lecture, but who jumped on him? Also, I'm not sure I'd take everything on that site as 100% factual. Yes, we're thin but the coaches/univ made a decision as did he in his choices. I'd bet somewhere in the middle of what we read negative vs this all positive website lies the truth. I could be wrong and I have been before and I do sincerly hope that he is doing well and on the right path to getting into school somewhere.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:17 AM   #13
i29gman
Blue Chip

Male

i29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his comb

I had forgotten about Mr. Watley. I too am impressed with the corrective steps he seems to have taken from what I just read here. Hope he gets another chance and gets the opportunity to prove himself worthy of wearing the garnet and black.
i29gman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:35 AM   #14
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:

Who was jumping on anyone?? When people are discussing the fate of a dismissed team member the little kids need to let the grown ups talk. Know your place, youngster, and quit scolding before you're informed properly.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:39 AM   #15
ReadR00ster
Banned

Male

Did he get cleared of all that other he stuff he did before this incident? My understanding is that he had a long wrap sheet our coaches didn't know about. Yeah, I'd rather we stay away. Good luck to him on his righteous path though.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:43 AM   #16
MLief
Walk On

Male

MLief is learning to peckMLief is learning to peck

Quote:

"Dad?" - Angelo Watley
MLief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:52 AM   #17
ReadR00ster
Banned

Male

Pretty classless to take shot at Victor Hampton too by the way, who to my recollection hasn't gotten in nearly as much trouble as this young man.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:07 AM   #18
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

This will not end well.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:24 AM   #19
scfanz
Game MVP

Male

scfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot material

I hope Watley does have his problems straightened out. I have no problem giving this young man a second chance, but we have to trust our coaches.
scfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:34 AM   #20
FeartheSpur
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:

First nobody bashed him the simple question was asked if he was still on the roster along with Corey Simmons, we must be bashing Corey too because he is mentioned in this thread as a transfer, but I assume you do not comprehend simple English so you are forgiven.