CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecock88
Dietz
zcoop
GregoryHouse
Yearofthegamecock
Jdallen20
4gamecockfb
roosterdude21
CockyLifer
Badazcock
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (28057)
ESPN Game Day Commen (2231)
Simple "yes&quo (1575)
We actually didnt lo (1387)
Phil Steele just pre (1253)
what I think ab ward (1142)
Extremely Proud (1042)
Eat Crow (1033)
Garcia: Change the R (800)
I want people to exp (758)
I want people to explain
We actually didnt lose
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
Stop bashing Dylan
BAW
Extremely Proud
Defense question
Who start on the d line t
Eat Crow
what I think ab ward

Old 12-28-2012, 11:42 AM   #341
me4USC
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material
Default Re: Tebow a hypocrite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
What makes you think he is going to beat out Henne and Gabbert? Both are better than either Sanchez or McElroy.
New York is a hostile environment for Tebow. His priorities are in the right place, and he will play better elsewhere.

I don't believe that you can accurately judge which quarterbacks are better until they play under similar conditions. Once Tebow is on the team and competing for time with them, we'll see how it goes.
me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:43 AM   #342
cockybusiness2
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 461300
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material

I for one hopes he goes to the Jags next year. He will fill that stadium, and the Jags could not get any worse
cockybusiness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:48 AM   #343
gamecockphan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Gotta love the Tebow threads. Who was the guy last year who was all over his jock? USCWarhorse I think. pretty sure he got the ban hammer for starting so many Tebow threads.

Bottom line is that Tebow is a bad NFL QB who carries a media circus wherever he goes. He'd be best suited switching to H-back. He is not an NFL starter and he just needs to move on. The kid plays with great passion and could be effectively used as a run blocker, goal line FB, and TE. He culd also be used sparing ly on some trick Qb plays.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:51 AM   #344
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1373
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Tebow could deny that Kevin Bacon was in Footloose and you'd believe him.
What has spurred so much hatred for you towards Tebow? Because all you want to do is spend part of your week posting over a hundred comments on a message board on why you dislike Tebow and think he is a bad person and a bad QB.
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:52 AM   #345
Barry_gamecock
Average a post a day

Male

CockyCash: 327
Barry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot material

Tebow beat the Steelers in a postseason game after rescuing the Broncos from a debacle of a season....

All...All he does is win...all, all he does is win...TIM TEBOW, they shattered the mold...
Old 12-28-2012, 12:46 PM   #346
gamecockphan
Banned

Male

gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry_gamecock View Post
Tebow beat the Steelers in a postseason game after rescuing the Broncos from a debacle of a season....

All...All he does is win...all, all he does is win...TIM TEBOW, they shattered the mold...
The Patriots beg to differ.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:53 PM   #347
garnetpreacher
4-Star

Male

garnetpreacher is making other chickens nervousgarnetpreacher is making other chickens nervousgarnetpreacher is making other chickens nervousgarnetpreacher is making other chickens nervousgarnetpreacher is making other chickens nervousgarnetpreacher is making other chickens nervousgarnetpreacher is making other chickens nervous

maybe the dumbest thread ever on cockytalk. and I am not one to say such things to other people.
garnetpreacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:58 PM   #348
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraiser24 View Post
What has spurred so much hatred for you towards Tebow? Because all you want to do is spend part of your week posting over a hundred comments on a message board on why you dislike Tebow and think he is a bad person and a bad QB.
Because he's a Christian

/interest
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:59 PM   #349
vegasmark
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 210
vegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talons

Don't ever call out Tebow - he's Jesus. He can hurt you in unimaginable ways.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:23 PM   #350
trainman
Banned

Male

trainman has hatched from the shell

I agree with SPARE PARTS, some of you clowns want him to fail because he is a CHRISTIAN. He is a good ball player and he will make it in the NFL.
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:24 PM   #351
me4USC
Blue Chip

Male

me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasmark View Post
Don't ever call out Tebow - he's Jesus. He can hurt you in unimaginable ways.
He's not Jesus, and he would be the first to tell you that. However, he is definitely a child of God, and God will take care of him.
me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:03 PM   #352
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
I'm not swayed by Tebow's false denials.
Once again, give me proof that Tebow said what you alleged and Ill acknowledge that you were correct.

Quote:
Tebow could deny that Kevin Bacon was in Footloose and you'd believe him.
I dont believe anyone right now, but going by Rex Ryan's past, and the fact that he's a douche bag, leads me to believe Tim Tebow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetpreacher View Post
maybe the dumbest thread ever on cockytalk. and I am not one to say such things to other people.
And yet you found your way in here to post. If you dont like it dont read it.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:28 PM   #353
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

I can't believe that this thread has over 350 comments and people are still commenting on it. I read it when it was first posted and assumed it would fade into oblivion as worthless as it is.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:33 PM   #354
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
I can't believe that this thread has over 350 comments and people are still commenting on it. I read it when it was first posted and assumed it would fade into oblivion as worthless as it is.
Nothin else to talk about.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:40 PM   #355
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
Once again, give me proof that Tebow said what you alleged and Ill acknowledge that you were correct.

I dont believe anyone right now, but going by Rex Ryan's past, and the fact that he's a douche bag, leads me to believe Tim Tebow.

And yet you found your way in here to post? If you dont like it dont read it.
What does Rex Ryan have to do with any of this? He didn't report anything about this, other than he had a talk with Tebow that he refused to talk about. ESPN, CBS, and NBC were who reported it. Tebow himself admitted he told Rex he was disappointed with the the Wildcat. That is asking out of it, because there no other reasonable explanation for him to complain to Rex about it. You put two and two together. When Tebow says it's 5 you should believe it's 4. Everyone with half a brain has known all year that Tebow doesn't want to be Wildcat QB, that he was just doing it until he got a shot when Sanchez would hopefully lose it. This was no secret to anybody at any time.

Last edited by ReadR00ster; 12-28-2012 at 03:07 PM.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:44 PM   #356
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
What does Rex Ryan have to do with any of this? He didn't report anything about this, other than he had a talk with Tebow that he refused to talk about. ESPN, CBS, and NBC were who reported it. Tebow himself admitted he told Rex he was disappointed with the the Wildcat. That is asking out of it, because there no other reasonable explanation for him to complain to Rex about it. You put two and two together. When Tebow says it's 5 you should believe it's 4. Everyone with half a brain has known all year that Tebow doesn't want to be Wildcat QB, that he was just doing it until he got a shot when Sanchez would hopefully lose it. This was no secret to anybody at any time.
First off, its apparent that you believe everything you read in the media, because after all the BS cleared, It came out that Tebow said he was dissapointed he was passed over as starting QB. Secondly, have you NEVER in your life been disappointed in something, but still performed the task?

Of course he doesnt wanna be in the wildcat! He's a QB he wants to be a QB. Thats not hard to understand. Of course he was doing it because he wanted a shot. You just proved my point thanks.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:18 PM   #357
CampusPolice
To Protect and Serve

Male

CampusPolice is sharpening his clawsCampusPolice is sharpening his clawsCampusPolice is sharpening his clawsCampusPolice is sharpening his clawsCampusPolice is sharpening his claws

Quote:

Did you take your taking Enzyte for the moment you finally meet your dream-lover, Tebow?

I bet your eyes dilate and a little bit of blood rushes into your penis every time you read thru your posts of Tebow.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:31 PM   #358
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
First off, its apparent that you believe everything you read in the media, because after all the BS cleared, It came out that Tebow said he was dissapointed he was passed over as starting QB. Secondly, have you NEVER in your life been disappointed in something, but still performed the task?

Of course he doesnt wanna be in the wildcat! He's a QB he wants to be a QB. Thats not hard to understand. Of course he was doing it because he wanted a shot. You just proved my point thanks.

This is not tabloids reporting this, this is 3 major news networks that are not retracting their statements. There is really no controversy here. Tebow admitted (in his own words in front of cameras) his displeasure with the wildcat and that he asked to play regular quarterback.

And of course there is absolutely no problem, with wanting be QB, but it is not professional to complain to you boss about part of your job that you don't like. Yeah, I'm sure he would go in there in the Wildcat if they forced him to do that. But once you let the cat out of the bag you can't put it back in, you are going to be replaced by someone that doesn't have a problem with doing your job AND you run the risk of putting yourself on your bosses's "sh*t list".

I know you love you some Tebow and hate Rex Ryan's guts and everyone else in the Jets management. I don't like Rex Ryan either, I think he is scum and I have no adoration of Tebow or think he should be playing. But Rex Ryan is the boss he makes the decisions and he is popular with his players. Tim Tebow wants to be starting QB on an NFL team? Who doesn't? I'm sure McElroy does, he even hid a concussion to try to. I've grudgingly done plenty of things for work that I didn't like doing or thought I shouldn't have to, but I never complained to my bosses about their decisions, unless I was ready to quit if I didn't get the response that I wanted and accept any criticism and negative reference that came with that. That is just it. Tebow won't accept the criticism and his fans can't because they are so infatuated with him. They would dare vent their frustration on their hero, so they lash out at the easy target and spew their hatred onto the person who is not giving their hero and them what they want, and the ones getting those desired opportunities. Sour Grapes Tebow.

You only really have three options in that situation: 1. Shut up and just do it. 2. Whine about it. 3. quit. Not even one full year and he is already whining, and he is going to quit at the end of the season, so of course he is going to take this criticism after all this talk about being a "team player."
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:14 PM   #359
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Maybe Tebow was giving his two week notice... He doesn't want to burn any bridges...
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:33 PM   #360
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

I love how the OP has nothing to say about the 3rd string QB lying to get the start and putting the team behind the 8 ball. since they didn't figure out until Thursday that McElroy couldn't play.

But Tebow is the bad guy.

beautiful......

Tebow haters and Tebow lovers are the funniest guys to watch. They both only see what they want to see.