CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
robgusc76
B-G
Big Spur
SMOTFS86
Sandstorm29
The Yancey
kingofnerf
rabid cock
doubledribble
**USC vs. Coker GAME (3168)
2014 Subway Classic: (1522)
aTm demolishes Kyle (707)
Cocky at the Duck Co (679)
Ali Hospitalized Wit (591)
Really, REALLY glad (501)
Deer Hunting 2014 (354)
movers, furniture do (288)
Happy Winter Solstic (255)
Streaming nfl games (243)
QB Next Season?
**USC vs. Coker GAME Thre
official UFC thread. (new
Connor to be backup?
Props to Eric Hyman. Than
Ali Hospitalized With Pne
2014 Subway Classic:**USC
Question for those who ha
Really, REALLY glad he's
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBALL PL

Old 12-28-2012, 02:24 PM   #21
MLief
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
MLief is learning to peckMLief is learning to peck
Default Re: Favorite -Big -Middle Size or Small City/Town in SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreammachine View Post
What would you say is your favorite big - middle size or small city/town in South Carolina that you like to visit that is not your hometown or the place that you are living in now?

My big city would have to be Charleston, SC as I love it for the seafood, the history, and there is just so much to do down there.

My middle size city would be Rock Hill, SC as they have the best wings in the world and it is also just a great place to live and visit as I have kinfolk there.

Leesville, SC - Home of Shealy's Bar-B-Que. Not so crazy about their Bar-B-Que, but the other food is most excellent and the people that work there are very nice and polite. I have been going there since the 1980's and it you can't beat it for the money. They also have some nice little shops to look at in the town.

Hard to go against your 3 choices. I don't live too far from Leesville and attend church there, it has some good eats for sure.
MLief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:24 PM   #22
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalrush24 View Post
Haha, no..

But I'm not far away from there.. I didn't know they had a rep, though

Pretty funny

Yep... it was bad... real freakin bad! And what I still do not understand is half the town (Seriously, half) always used to go on Skiing Trips together, and they all had a place at a lake in the same location.... It was like a damn Commune or something...

Sorry, but if I have to live near your ass, I dont want to see you 24/7 when I am on vay-cay! SMH....
Old 12-28-2012, 02:26 PM   #23
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

I'm really surprised Greenville hasn't gotten any love, but I guess Charleston trumps it for a destination type place. I would live in Greenville over Charleston in a heartbeat though.
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:27 PM   #24
RudeCock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 250000
RudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
and well, our Sunday School class (about 80% Clemson fans)was ALL about the game... and our "teacher" hammered all of Carolina the whole hour... Well, the next year... we won... and NOTHING was mentioned about the game the next day... Still hate that Mo-Fo to this day... and when Carolina beats that Tiger ass.... he is the first person I think of!
That's a big hint there.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:28 PM   #25
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockypanther View Post
I'm really surprised Greenville hasn't gotten any love, but I guess Charleston trumps it for a destination type place. I would live in Greenville over Charleston in a heartbeat though.
I do like the West-End (Or something like that) of Greenville, where they have those nice restaraunts...

You just cant beat Charleston.... even though they have been invaded by Ohio...
Old 12-28-2012, 02:29 PM   #26
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

are there any large cities in SC??? j/k

GSP has a lot to offer for "big" cities in SC but I do love Columbia for its central location, USC, zoo, etc.

Charleston is a great place to visit and is beautiful.

RH is fine for middle cities in SC due to its location near CLT.

Small cities...don't know about favorite but least favorite have to be Gaston, Swansea, and Allendale.

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:30 PM   #27
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Yep... it was bad... real freakin bad! And what I still do not understand is half the town (Seriously, half) always used to go on Skiing Trips together, and they all had a place at a lake in the same location.... It was like a damn Commune or something...

Sorry, but if I have to live near your ass, I dont want to see you 24/7 when I am on vay-cay! SMH....
Yeah.. I know what you mean

Around here people like to go camp at Hunting Island for extended lengths of time and it's kind of like how you describe it with a lesser percentage of the town leaving
Old 12-28-2012, 02:31 PM   #28
FloydTheBarber
Banned

Male

FloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot material

Big - Charleston

Medium - Rock Hill

Small - Folly Beach
FloydTheBarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:32 PM   #29
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

I play a lot of tournament softball, so I get to see Rock Hill a bunch... Place has really built up a bunch in the past 10 years or so...

We wear out Fast Lane when we are there on the weekends.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:32 PM   #30
cockypanther
Banned

Male

cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

Quote:
I do like the West-End (Or something like that) of Greenville, where they have those nice restaraunts...

You just cant beat Charleston.... even though they have been invaded by Ohio...
Yes the West End area of downtown Greenville is very nice and the bridge and surrounding park are perfect.

As for Charleston, I would be okay with not having to deal with Ohioans
Old 12-28-2012, 02:34 PM   #31
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Yes the West End area of downtown Greenville is very nice and the bridge and surrounding park are perfect.

As for Charleston, I would be okay with not having to deal with Ohioans
Daniel Island (AKA "Little Columbus").... You see more Ohio State flags there than all other schools combined....
Old 12-28-2012, 02:38 PM   #32
cockypanther
Banned

Male

Quote:
Daniel Island (AKA "Little Columbus").... You see more Ohio State flags there than all other schools combined....
Now that's just terrible. Any plans to burn that area to the ground? I keed, I keed.. sort of.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:41 PM   #33
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Now that's just terrible. Any plans to burn that area to the ground? I keed, I keed.. sort of.
Na... there is a nice High School there (Bishop England), and that is where the Tennis Center is (Where they have the big women's tournament-- Family Circle Cup)... Its too bad they cant relocate those Ohioans to somewhere like.... well, the town I lived in...

That Ohio ass would be heading back up I-77 REAL QUICK!
Old 12-28-2012, 03:03 PM   #34
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Big- Columbia.

Medium- Florence.

Small- Ninety Six.
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:21 PM   #35
Sonofacock
Mothershouldibuilthedwall

Male

Sonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot material

North Augusta, Irish Travelers FTW
Old 12-28-2012, 03:24 PM   #36
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Big - Columbia

Middle - Not sure. Probably Rock Hill for is proximity to Charlotte. Maybe Florence.

Small - Pawley's Island
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:06 PM   #37
carolina2010
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 756
carolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudly

Charleston

Irmo

Edisto
carolina2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:09 PM   #38
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Big - Charleston

Middle - Rock Hill

Small - Beaufort
Old 12-28-2012, 05:32 PM   #39
Gamecock Rob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot material

Having trouble determining what everyone is considering big vs middle and middle vs small.

Based on how where others have placed the towns on this list http://www.citypopulation.de/USA-SouthCarolina.html I will have to say

Charleston-Big
Greenville-Middle
Beaufort-Small
Gamecock Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:58 PM   #40
GoCCUChants
I'm the Foxy Man

Male

CockyCash: 200
GoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot material

Gotta keep it in the lower state...

Charleston
Georgetown (Five river systems plus a bay make for some great camping, boating, fishing, etc. The mills suck, but as I've always heard, that's the smell of money!
Pawleys Island
GoCCUChants is offline   Reply With Quote