CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
NAGamecockFan
johnnyb
taylorssc
Lonnie
Gamecocks321
doubledribble
GarnetSwarm1990
gadeneer1986
ReadR00ster
So Disappointed With (2495)
Rank the QBs under S (1741)
Back like cooked cra (1368)
Tennessee game (944)
Who start on the d l (700)
No Comments on the H (695)
Google finally gets (471)
lack of production= (377)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (222)
Gameday parking in A (157)
Texas athletic director:
No Comments on the Holes?
Call of Duty: Advanced Wa
Tennessee game
Why I think we beat Aubur
SEC Debate: Best candidat
So Disappointed With The
Back like cooked crack
Rank the QBs under Spurri
Which loss hurt worse, Mi

Old 12-26-2012, 02:09 PM   #61
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material
Default Re: What uni's are we wearing for the Outback

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUGEGARNETCOCK View Post
Good to know that you think the Palmetto tree and crescent moon (aka state flag) are vomit!
Lol if you think THAT was simply "the palmetto tree and crescent moon" you seriously need to get your vision checked. That was digital camo with elements from the state flag thrown in to try and make it something else. I was at the game and you certainly couldn't see the half inch palmetto trees on them from anywhere in the stadium.

Personally, I like the grey jerseys because I like the black jerseys and we refuse to wear them. I don't see the problem wearing black once a season.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:32 PM   #62
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceAlmighty View Post
Lol if you think THAT was simply "the palmetto tree and crescent moon" you seriously need to get your vision checked. That was digital camo with elements from the state flag thrown in to try and make it something else. I was at the game and you certainly couldn't see the half inch palmetto trees on them from anywhere in the stadium.

Personally, I like the grey jerseys because I like the black jerseys and we refuse to wear them. I don't see the problem wearing black once a season.
If we ever wore those helmets in your signature, id would probably need to clean myself up afterwards.
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:41 PM   #63
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

I liked them yellow helmets the guys wore for the Kentucky game.

They were different.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:23 PM   #64
kacrosinsc
In Awe of Marcus!

Male

CockyCash: 500
kacrosinsc has hatched from the shell

Would like to see the black uniforms again for a change.
kacrosinsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:28 PM   #65
BlackMagic84
Esquire

Male

BlackMagic84 has earned his spursBlackMagic84 has earned his spursBlackMagic84 has earned his spursBlackMagic84 has earned his spursBlackMagic84 has earned his spursBlackMagic84 has earned his spurs

Moreover, I really do not understand the infatuation with wanting to wear different helments.....

"Let wear black helments"......NO. We did that in 2004 and had one of the most embarassing teams ever with a horrible ending to the year.

"Let's go back to the garnet helment".....NO. It's reminisent of the JoeMo years, which prior to Steve Spurrier was all we hung our hats on. We have moved on past that now. Those years had some bright spots such as 1984, but look what the team turned around to do in 1985 and 1986. Plus with the steriod scandal and Morrison's death, let's just let a sleeping dog lye.

The white helment represents the BEST years of Carolina football. The '75 56-20 win over Clemson, the 1980 Heisman Season for Big George. The 2000-2001 years with dual wins over Ohio State on New Years day. And the Steve Spurrier era from 2005-Present which has posted so many first time accomplishments, I don't have enough time or space to type it all here.

Why would anybody want to mess with that tradition???? SMH.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:55 PM   #66
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMagic84 View Post
Moreover, I really do not understand the infatuation with wanting to wear different helments.....

"Let wear black helments"......NO. We did that in 2004 and had one of the most embarassing teams ever with a horrible ending to the year.

"Let's go back to the garnet helment".....NO. It's reminisent of the JoeMo years, which prior to Steve Spurrier was all we hung our hats on. We have moved on past that now. Those years had some bright spots such as 1984, but look what the team turned around to do in 1985 and 1986. Plus with the steriod scandal and Morrison's death, let's just let a sleeping dog lye.

The white helment represents the BEST years of Carolina football. The '75 56-20 win over Clemson, the 1980 Heisman Season for Big George. The 2000-2001 years with dual wins over Ohio State on New Years day. And the Steve Spurrier era from 2005-Present which has posted so many first time accomplishments, I don't have enough time or space to type it all here.

+1.

We seem to always suck with black. 04 black helemts, 2001 UF blackout, 2007 UF blackout, wore black pants to UK in 2010.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:15 PM   #67
Cocky Mike
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cocky Mike has feathers coming inCocky Mike has feathers coming inCocky Mike has feathers coming in

Yeh it's probably the helmet color that made us so bad during those times...with your logic if we end up having a losing season we should change our helmets to a different color, but we can't use garnet, black, or white...what would you suggest?
Cocky Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:50 PM   #68
2four2Gamecock
Stop slow blinking at me

Male

CockyCash: 7700
2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly

I think I heard SOS say the helmet color is very important in the passing game and the White stands out from the uniform downfield so it makes it easier to see the WR.
2four2Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:30 AM   #69
BlackMagic84
Esquire

Male

BlackMagic84 has earned his spursBlackMagic84 has earned his spursBlackMagic84 has earned his spursBlackMagic84 has earned his spursBlackMagic84 has earned his spursBlackMagic84 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky Mike View Post
Yeh it's probably the helmet color that made us so bad during those times...with your logic if we end up having a losing season we should change our helmets to a different color, but we can't use garnet, black, or white...what would you suggest?
I believe I said stick with white. Didn't you catch that when you read the post?
Old 12-29-2012, 09:07 AM   #70
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMagic84 View Post

So you like white helmets? We get it.
The white helmet also represents our only non-win season, 2 recent embarassing losses in bowl games and lots of mediocre seasons. The '04 team was no more embarassing than our '07 or '08 teams and not near as bad as some of Brad Scott's teams. The loss to UF in '08 is as bad if not worse than the '04 loss to CU including the fight. Dissing Coach Joe is bad taste...the '84 season had huge impact on Gamecock football. The color of helmets and unis are irrelevant to tradition considering W-L records, etc.

We have some of the best colors in existence to work with...there is no excuse for not having some of the best unis around. Unfortunately, we don't.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote